PDA

View Full Version : Rear Subframes on ProTwin bikes.

GSVR
15th March 2008, 12:24
Seems to be a little confussion or difficulty interpreting the rules on what you can and cannot do here. Remember these questions only concern the rear subframe.

1/ Do you have to use the original unmodified subframe?

2/ Are you allowed to chop and modify the original subframe to however you want it?

3/ Can you build a whole new lightweight racing subframe as long as it attaches to the original mounting points on the frame?

Shaun
15th March 2008, 16:37
All items not mentioned in the following articles must remain as originally produced by the
manufacturers remain fitted and operational for that homologated model.

So, there is NO mention of the rear sub frame- SO, you MUST USE original un altered, only parts that can bolted off, can be removed

evol mas
16th March 2008, 00:26
if you perhaps got intouch with billy as he has talked to paul steward abowt it and according to billy you can make your own subframe give him a ring and see what he has to say on the matter 075746747

GSVR
16th March 2008, 07:08
Thanks for the replies. Your posts have highlighted the issue as I see it.

Up until a couple of weeks ago I was of the understanding you could make your own also. Then I read the rules and they do say otherwise.

Early days in this class so would be nice to see this issue sorted before most of the bikes end up with racing subframes or people start cutting up their bikes and have to buy new subframes if the MNZ rules are upheld as written.

Shaun
16th March 2008, 07:19
if you perhaps got intouch with billy as he has talked to paul steward abowt it and according to billy you can make your own subframe give him a ring and see what he has to say on the matter 075746747

DONT DO IT. Paul Stewart can only change rules based on SAFETY!!!!

The rule book says NO so it is NO!

johnsv650
16th March 2008, 09:49
i have found its best to get paul stwarts words in writing on mnz paper, he changes his mind verbally, and would say thats a f3 rule.....
standard means standard, if k5 fairing or later don't fit get usa sv650 ones which do fit....or k3 -k4 ones which do fit.

oyster
16th March 2008, 16:04
I'm just fitting up some 600 K4/K5 tail / seat units to a SV650 pro twin and they fit up perfectly, it's the front bits giving the greif!

Shaun
16th March 2008, 16:52
I'm just fitting up some 600 K4/K5 tail / seat units to a SV650 pro twin and they fit up perfectly, it's the front bits giving the greif!

K4 K5 will fit NO PROBLEM AT ALL- use after market or original GSXR600 front fairing stay, and the rest is very very easy

Shaun
16th March 2008, 16:56
[QUOTE=johnsv650;1476568]i have found its best to get paul stwarts words in writing on mnz paper, he changes his mind verbally, and would say thats a f3 rule.....

I think I know what you are saying but, in fairness to Paul Stewart, he works a full time job! ( And extremelly hard for us) and then donates his time for us, so I can believe it would be very very easy for him to get a little confused with the actuall rule book himself some time.

We are all big enough to type on here, so we all should be big enough to read and understand English, if not, get a friend to read the rules for ya