PDA

View Full Version : Inner city parking - Wellington

Chill
15th March 2008, 19:49
Recently moved into an apartment on an inner city sidestreet in Wellington. Not too sure on parking the bike (which isn't here yet). Outside the flat are only the footpath and pay and display parking spots. Can i use these? Do i need to pay? Can a park on footpath? Can I chain my bike to a pay and display ticket box if it's parked in the spot next to it??
Thanks for any help for someone currently a bit bewildered by city parking rules for bikes.

(Sorry if this has been covered, did a forum search but ended up more confused)

Swoop
15th March 2008, 20:15
I would seriously advise finding a spot that is out of public view and a bit more secure.

Nasty
15th March 2008, 20:16
Interesting one that ... there are designated spots for motorcycles around the city .... Personally I would try and park it in the building basement there is normally room ... if you park on the footpath you may get a ticket .. if you park pay and display you have to pay and display ... if you park on the footpath I would insure that the bike does not impede the flow of pedestrian traffic ... would help to know where you are to guide to parking areas.

Cheers, Nasty

James Deuce
15th March 2008, 20:18
A council bylaw prevents you from using pay & display parks governed by a multi-bay parking meter.

Nasty
15th March 2008, 22:20
A council bylaw prevents you from using pay & display parks governed by a multi-bay parking meter.

Speaking to one of the guys are work this has been overturned in court and precedent set ....

James Deuce
15th March 2008, 22:46
Needs to be published with a reference on KB so it can be added to the Wiki. Hearsay doesn't cut it, we need a cast iron reference.

Dino
16th March 2008, 07:14
Speaking from experience - Using pay and display you are only permitted to stay for the maximum time that you can purchase on one ticket, usually about two hours. Even if you buy another pay and display they will ticket you for over staying in one park.

Got a ticket awhile ago even though I had a valid pay and display, I had overstayed in one spot $$$.

If you haven't got space under your building it may pay for you to consider renting a parking spot in another building.

Chill
19th March 2008, 10:00
How would the motorcycle park across the road from Motorad be?

Str8 Jacket
19th March 2008, 10:02
You really wanna try and keep it secure and under coover not only from vandals and thieves but form the wind as well....

Strider
19th March 2008, 12:56
secure or under cover is the better option.
Leave it on the street and it most prob get stolen or damaged.

Roki_nz
19th March 2008, 19:12
Put it in the lift and wheel it into your apartment. It can be an indoor bike. :cool: