PDA

View Full Version : Twas a lovely day for a ride today!

PrincessBandit
15th March 2008, 20:03
This weekend with husband and Ripper Roo92 away, and daughter at work for 5 hours I decided to treat myself to a great ride to Thames this afternoon. After the crap weather of late it was a perfect day to head out. I left a little later than I anticipated (2.15) and as I was riding I realised that I'd miscalculated the time for the return trip - my destination was Tapu (on the way to Coromandel) and a good 20 minutes extra beyond Thames. So at the end of it I saw my friend for 45 minutes in the middle of 3 hours on the road! Would I have done this in the car? No way. Would I do it again on the bike? You bet. A great day!

Stromble
15th March 2008, 20:17
Sounds like a nice run... been looking out the window wondering how many bikers were out enjoying the weather today :(

Livvy
15th March 2008, 20:18
Sounds like a nice run... been looking out the window wondering how many bikers were out onjoying the weather today :(
Feck yeah. Went for a blatt around town with a friend on his bike today, which was good, but a proper long ride would have been awesome.

Good on ya for getting out and enjoying it.

Stromble
15th March 2008, 20:27
Feck yeah. Went for a blatt around town with a friend on his bike today, which was good, but a proper long ride would have been awesome.

Good on ya for getting out and enjoying it.

I didnt :( but then I think you quoted me by mistake :)

fizbin
15th March 2008, 20:36

I feel for you man you should have got out it was awesome:crybaby:!

Livvy
15th March 2008, 20:43
Oops, yeah, I did, running on automatic! :pinch:

PrincessBandit
15th March 2008, 20:58
Thanks. Heaps of bikes out. Sun shining, cool breeze on trip over (bit windier coming home!), the Thames coast road was gorgeous, had a nice (but brief) conversation with another biker at the Mobil station just inside Thames - he was heading to Coro as I was heading back to Auck, long stretches where i could just open the bike up and get past the cars. Oh, a wasp managed to get inside my visor just as i went through Totara - how it got in there i have no idea - but as i opened it a little it got blown out. Had all the good vibes going for me! [just hoping that no unwelcome little letters come in the mail from Mr. you-know-who!] :whistle: