PDA

View Full Version : Who else has a Triumph on here?

MD
4th December 2004, 12:01
Anyone else on here have a Triumph twin- Bonnie, Thruxton, Speedmaster or America?
I've bought an America today. Awesome looking in green. Be interested in knowing if anyone else has one around Welly and what they think of it.
And before anyone says "ain't they slow" I already know that and went in with my eyes open. Sure its acceleration wont rip my arms off, pull wheelies, stoppies blah blah. But I have to know if owning one of these 'cruisers' is going to be a love affair to last or just something I had to check out and move on, not for me.
Been a tough decision what with the cost,that I can't afford. But in the end life's too short to wait until you can afford to enjoy it, the opportunity might be lost by the time my weary bod reaches retirement age. Then my super can pay for the fun I'm having now. By the time I can ever afford one there will be no bloody petrol left on the planet anyway!
MD

James Deuce
4th December 2004, 14:40
Mark, you don't have to explain irrational bike purchase to anyone on this site!

Good on you for buying something compltely different to the CBR too. Looking forward to seeing you on it.

Sparky Bills
5th December 2004, 01:08
Quike! someone get this mans meds! :shit:

As long as you enjoy it!

avgas
5th December 2004, 03:44
gime 14months, if i dont have a thruxton by then then all my uni work would have been a waste of time. Got 12 months of uni left, reckon about 12 months of uni, and i better have at least 3 bikes for the collection by then :banana:
I love the thruxtons, 1st decent cafe racer comeback in a long time.

James Deuce
5th December 2004, 06:55
gime 14months, if i dont have a thruxton by then then all my uni work would have been a waste of time. Got 12 months of uni left, reckon about 12 months of uni, and i better have at least 3 bikes for the collection by then :banana:
I love the thruxtons, 1st decent cafe racer comeback in a long time.

Good taste! I've been looking at those and thinking: hmmmmmm.

MD
5th December 2004, 09:18
Mark, you don't have to explain irrational bike purchase to anyone on this site!

Good on you for buying something compltely different to the CBR too. Looking forward to seeing you on it.
Thanks Jim. Maybe not anyone on this site but I think the Missus and Co. are checking out shrinks in the yellowpages for me. :doctor:

Hitcher
5th December 2004, 15:52
Mark, well done! I look forward to meeting you astride your new purchase.

Does it stoppie?

Bonez
5th December 2004, 17:37
I love the thruxtons, 1st decent cafe racer comeback in a long time. H hmmmm cafe racers where made/customised by the bloody owners not manufactured on the production line. Oooh how quickly we forget................

750Y
6th December 2004, 07:43
congrats MD,
lovely bikes the triumphs, let us know how it shapes up...
maybe one day i'll have a cruiser in the shed also...

Paul in NZ
6th December 2004, 07:49
Oh I have a Triumph that I love dearly....

But it's not quite like yours......

Paul N

Omega1
6th December 2004, 07:52
Well Done Mark,
Nothing wrong with Cruisers,
Cheers O1

Fryin Finn
6th December 2004, 08:09
I have a Triumph Adventurer in my garage at the moment it's lashed up to my XJR next to my WR. I'm hoping for some offspring perhaps a Triumph Tiger with more offroad ability. :scooter:

MD
6th December 2004, 19:46
Picked it up today. My gargre overfloweth in direct proportion to my debts.
Many thanks to WhiteTrash and the rest at WMCC, they're a top bunch.
Only ridden it home so far but should get a few miles clocked up tomorrow. Such a fantastic feeling, legs out front, beautiful shaped tank stretching out in front of you. Love it.
I'll attach 2 pics but sorry I failed to reduce the file size. Oh, did I mention I love it ! Thanks for the comments Guys.
MD

Blakamin
6th December 2004, 20:14
Thats the way!!! live the dream while you can!!!!

Hitcher
7th December 2004, 08:09
Nice looking ride.

vifferman
7th December 2004, 08:18
Too kewl, Mark. Well done! :niceone:

I think you've only done what most of us would do, given the means and opportunity.

Holy Roller
7th December 2004, 08:24
Give me a garage and I would be tempted in joining you. No point in upgrading at the mo. as the old girl stays outside. But next year that could be a different story.... :innocent:

James Deuce
7th December 2004, 08:36
Crikey, it's lovely.

I'm gonna have to go and just buy that XB9R thanks to your "inspiration".

Joni
7th December 2004, 08:40
Never owned one... but a Daytone 600 would be on my short list!

Good on ya!!!

MD
7th December 2004, 18:19
Crikey, it's lovely.

Just do it Jim, after all it's your birthday. Happy birthday by the way.
I run up 350 miles today. That's 350 fun packed laid back MILES. Took a while before I realised the odometer was in miles. Until then the fuel consumption wasn't looking too good.

MD
7th December 2004, 18:23

Good on ya!!!
You'll struggle to find the forward mounted foot pegs on a Daytona. Maybe you could use it as a sports bike instead.

merv
7th December 2004, 18:52
My Bro' lets me ride his 1970 Triumph, does that count.

Bonez
7th December 2004, 19:05
My Bro' lets me ride his 1970 Triumph, does that count.
What!! A W650 replica.................;)

Blakamin
7th December 2004, 20:50
Crikey, it's lovely.

B'day present to yerself Jim???? ;)

Indiana_Jones
29th December 2004, 10:14
I want a Bonnie and paint it up like McQueen's bike :blah:

-Indy

Yokai
29th December 2004, 14:13
I want a Bonnie and paint it up like McQueen's bike :blah:

-Indy
Complete with Barbed Wire graphics???
:doobey:

Deano
29th December 2004, 14:38
I had a triumph on another forum - singles.com or summat was the name of it.

Indiana_Jones
29th December 2004, 22:32
Complete with Barbed Wire graphics???
:doobey:

lol na, just the cool paint job will do, wouldn't mind a big empty field which to burn about in :D maybe even a few German's chasing me :bleh:

-Indy

eliot-ness
17th May 2005, 19:11
Would have been my choice but for footpegs/hip problem. Bought my first Bonnie 1959. because it was the fastest thing on the road. Had 5 more in the 60s. Bought my last Bonnie 04 because it's one of the slowest things on the road and the wife says i'm too bloody old to go fast. Just as good as they used to be. The only thing that's changed is the speed limit. There wasn't one in 59 outside the 30mph areas. Still a bloody good ride and fast enough to lose your licence twice over. Enjoy it mate

There are old bikers and bold bikers, but not many old, bold, bikers.

Big Dave
17th May 2005, 21:55
Bloody sensible bike mate.
In these days of walking home if you're caught doing 151kph, plus the hi-tech devices to catch you and the draconian way it's enforced, I think a bike that is rewarding at 120 is a smart choice.

If i fitted on one, that new Speed triple is a bit of me too. It's a heap of fun without having to do 300kph to enjoy it.

XTC
18th May 2005, 08:38
I have a yamaha........ :msn-wink:

Biff
18th May 2005, 09:27
I've said it before, and I'll say it again... A Daytona 650 or a new ST please. Straight swap for a brand new Biff Bird anyone?

sels1
18th May 2005, 12:06
Took a Triumph Tiger for a test ride last week.....and was suitably impressed...fitted like a glove.

LB
19th May 2005, 05:24
MD: you don't have a Triumph any more do you?

MD
19th May 2005, 08:08
MD: you don't have a Triumph any more do you?
A temporary clitch. I'm keeping the key ring though- until I can afford a second bike to attach to it.

TriumphMan
30th June 2005, 14:33

Good on ya!!!
Daytona 600 is an awesome bike. I had one for a year. It would be a good choice, forgiving too, but only just.

skidz
9th July 2005, 22:27
Good on ya for picking the America. I had the first one out of Anza, and it never missed a beat in the three years I had it. Sold it to a mate (MOOSE) to get my Harley. Still sad in some ways, but I still see it all the time. :yes:

White trash
10th July 2005, 07:52
I must say, since moving to Auckland, it's seems there's a hell of a lot more Triumphs riding around than in Wellington. They seem almost as popular as anything else on the roads.

Big Dave
10th July 2005, 08:32
I must say, since moving to Auckland, it's seems there's a hell of a lot more Triumphs riding around than in Wellington. They seem almost as popular as anything else on the roads.

It's the advertising.

White trash
10th July 2005, 08:33
It's the advertising.

Angling for a payrise perhaps?

Big Dave
10th July 2005, 08:37
Nah - he looks after me. just a :tugger:

gotta go - already late for this ride - zzzzz'd