PDA

View Full Version : Cheesecutters arrive in Taranaki

peg
16th March 2008, 21:09
An early warning... :psst:

I heard from a site foreman from Whitaker Civil Engineering that we're to get wire-rope barriers installed between the opposing lanes of the Bell Block bypass.

Hmmm.

Sensei
16th March 2008, 22:11
Easy Fix cut them :Oi:

shafty
16th March 2008, 22:31
More seriously - it's mega more effective to start a campaign BEFORE they go up - so maybe a series of LEtters to the Editor would be a good start - get The Naki mobilised - good luck!

What?
17th March 2008, 07:03
More seriously - it's mega more effective to start a campaign BEFORE they go up - so maybe a series of LEtters to the Editor would be a good start - get The Naki mobilised - good luck!

Followed by getting a good-sized group together to sit on site and prevent construction starting. And don't forget to get the newspapers on side first...

yungatart
17th March 2008, 07:10
Not surprising, really. I'm sure Transit got a job lot cheap from some country where they are banned.
Look in the CC resource thread for info to aid the cause. Set up info/petition stand in town etc. Approach the media, particularly your free weekly paper, they are often more willing to 'particiapte'.
Rattle Harry Duynhoven's cage, with lots of letters, emails etc. Set up an appointment with all MP's in the area.
Good luck and keep us informed.

BiK3RChiK
17th March 2008, 07:11
Damn! These friggen things are going in wherever a new highway is going in!

Radio Stations, Newspapers, The Mayor, Useless Harry.... Mobilize against these monstrosities.

WelshWizard
18th March 2008, 16:57
Just goes to PROVE LTNZ have no intention of stopping installing them, all the word to the press in Oct last year were just a how do we avoid a bit of sh!t, as it will soon pass , and besides we need to think of our next overseas trip to get more!

SPman
18th March 2008, 17:09
Have they finally started that!

BiK3RChiK
18th March 2008, 17:33
Have they finally started that!

They started it months ago! Where have you been hiding?:bleh:

paturoa
18th March 2008, 17:43
Have they got their consents yet? and if not is there an objection process?

slimjim
18th March 2008, 18:03
fucking wrong wrong wrong, cheaper to slice and dice ,,,,,,, than truely spend our tax money and put in true lane barrier's ,,,,, fucking cheap ass contract price's ,,,,

duckonin
18th March 2008, 18:21
Too late to stop the rot, transit will listern to no one, the South Island is littered with cheesecutters and most are new..(pricks):doh:

yungatart
18th March 2008, 18:36
Have they got their consents yet? and if not is there an objection process?

Do they actually need consent??

paturoa
18th March 2008, 19:13
Do they actually need consent??

I don't know, but it would / could be worth asking if the answer is yes.

sunhuntin
19th March 2008, 12:18
im certain theres prep work starting somewhere between there and wangas too... both road sides are ripped up, and its not passing lane style rip up either.

anyone from the naki decides to do a mass sit in etc, let me know and ill be there.