PDA

View Full Version : From Serbia to NZ: w/family but w/o bike

OpFor
17th March 2008, 03:18
Hi everybody,
This is my second post here (totally newbie), but this place is very important to me at this time.

My name is Joca (something as Johnny in English), and with my beloved family (wife and two daughters) I am planning to move from Serbia to New Zealand at the end of this year :soon:
We have enough time, but pretty much tight schedule - we need to finished a lot of things.
Unfortunately, selling my bike is one of them, to me the hardest one (I will probably have "emotional" moment: I will cry like a girl), but it is necessary for our "project".

We read a lot on the web about NZ, and we hope that we have normal expectations, so we choose Canterbury region, and Christchurch city in it.
My "master plan" is to work in security branch, or something similar, because I have a lot experience in organizing and training people. Every tip from at-the-spot people is welcome and very important to us :not:

Here, in Serbia, we have a lot of bikers clubs as well as meetings and rides. My club Brave Heart Falcon (our MC is mostly for present and ex-members of the military Serbian special forces) and myself were pretty regular on them, and hope that I proceed with this in NZ too :ride:
In 2007, several our members completed the voyage around the world on their motorcycles (Yamaha cruisers). I was involved in whole organization, press information, tracking and problems solving (China was nightmare, shipment from Asia to USA was even worst), but after all, they finished this adventure successfully. You can read about that in http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252332&highlight=serbian+world+team (a lot of nice pics too).

Huh, a lot of writing, but I hope this thread is for it.
I hope that you will have good advice and suggestions for me - looking forward to read them :violin:

Subike
17th March 2008, 05:42
just looked at your link John. Awsome. if you guys can ride in conditions like that then you will love NZ.Our random road works will look just like pot holes to you. Welcome to the site. Glad to see you are comming to the mainland, where the best roads are.
Will not take you long to mix in with us southerners for sure

SixPackBack
17th March 2008, 06:04
Hey Joca, there are lots of well settled Serbian's in N.Z, you and your family will love it here.
Motorcycles are plentiful and reasonably cheap, roading can be a little rough in places, but the scenery is superlative.
Welcome.

OpFor
17th March 2008, 10:06
First two things on NZ:
- find a bike
- start breathing (or) take a leak

Subike
17th March 2008, 15:40
For those who have not seen this post
Go spend the time and look at the pics in his link
Worth the time, awsome extreams of people, bikes, weather and roads.
Looking forwards to meeting you at a ralley sometime OpFor

OpFor
17th March 2008, 22:50
A little bit more, just to catch the feeling - watch video (there is no English text, sorry):

http://www.putokosveta.com/menu/menutabone/menutabone.html

DIN PELENDA
18th March 2008, 00:11
Hi zdravo joko sta ima ja sam Bosanac iz Zenice dosao sam 1991 zivim u Aklandu zivim za motorima i pored petero djece steta sto nisi blize odlucio doci ali mozda se sretnemo nekada pisi ako ti sta treba.imam yamahu R1 2003 i st1100 pan europien pa i ako ti treba motor posuditi.putevi su dobri a zemlja ye ljepa ima se sta vidjeti .klima je blaga ali ne toliko na juznom ostrvu.Javi se kad budes dosao pa sve najbolje i dobro dosao.
Din

OpFor
18th March 2008, 00:47
@ Din Pelenda

Hvala na dobrodoslici, cujemo se u svakom slucaju.
Eto razloga za voznju Chch-Auckland :2thumbsup

SDU
19th March 2008, 16:34
Welcome to the nuthouse that is KB.
Google for nz sercurity business's.
Also look at www.stuff.co.nz for jobs, news, real estate etc.
once here the best way to find work is to go door knocking, there are a lot of jobs that are advertised by word of mouth.
Hope your family & you have a smooth transition to our little place.
When you get your bike just turn up at any rides put up to meet locals/ check out bike shops