PDA

View Full Version : Failed my wof, trying to be legit

jade
17th March 2008, 16:52
Just failed my wof, headstock bearings and my low beam is too dim
(I ride with full beam 100% of the time)
If I get the bearing numbers will I be able to get bearings from somewhere local ??
I have a trip planned to kaitaia this weekend
a trip planned to gisborne next weekend
and a trip to taupo the weekend after that
I want to be all legit, I reckon I can sort the light (something I paid a mechanic to do then had to redo myself anyway) and I can fit the bearings myself, I think - last time was a circus having the bike suspended from the deck for a week

carver
17th March 2008, 17:04
Just failed my wof, headstock bearings and my low beam is too dim
If I get the bearing numbers will I be able to get bearings from somewhere local ??
I have a trip planned to kaitaia this weekend
a trip planned to gisborne next weekend
and a trip to taupo the weekend after that
I want to be all legit, I reckon I can sort the light (something I paid a mechanic to do then had to redo myself anyway) and I can fit the bearings myself, I think - last time was a circus having the bike suspended from the deck for a week

bro, if you come to h town give me a PM and ride with the few!

Dave_G
17th March 2008, 18:23
[QUOTE=jade;1478345]Just failed my wof, headstock bearings and my low beam is too dim

AUCKLAND BEARING DISTRIBUTORS - Try these guys (they are on the Shore) but you will definitely need the numbers,

popelli
17th March 2008, 19:08

one real good way to really piss off car drivers and enhance anti bike sentiment

mxracer_nz
17th March 2008, 19:37
one real good way to really piss off car drivers and enhance anti bike sentiment

ya its also one good way for cars to see you so YOU DONT GET TAKEN OUT

fireliv
17th March 2008, 19:44
I ride with low beam 100% of time, would have thought that would piss people for less

Ixion
17th March 2008, 20:25
You are bearing in mind (geddit ? geddit ? 'Bearing' in mind ? eh ? eh ? ) that headstock bearings are normally adjustable ?

Coldrider
18th March 2008, 07:50
If the headstock bearing is loose, repack with grease and tighten.
if it has a notch or excessive play,needs to be replaced.

You can get bearing & seal kits from bike shops,"All Balls racing" is such brand I have purchased from local MC shop.