PDA

View Full Version : anyone else lookn at buyn a new chain?

Emb
17th March 2008, 19:46
im gna need a new one soon... anyone else?
i jst need a small one for an fxr :)

motorbyclist
18th March 2008, 00:04
i need chain and front sprocket for the dirtbike. preferably the heaviest guage i can fit.

whatever you do, don't buy a cheap chain. they will constantly need tightening and need replacing MUCH sooner. buy an expensive one and it works out cheaper in the long run, plus you don't have to tighten the damn thing every time you go for a ride

ital916
18th March 2008, 06:56
Come and see the friendly folk at motomail emb, ill be working there on thursday from 12 so come around and we will see what chain we can suss your bike with. *I don't get staff discounts yet motorb :bleh:*

boomer
18th March 2008, 07:11

twah u bwws a bwq xgaub, ibe die rgw vakk u fir.

klyong82
18th March 2008, 13:32

Just buy an O-ring chain and it should last up to 20000 k's with proper maintenance. Try Cycletreads on Barrys Point Rd. Takapuna. Change the sprockets too because wore sprockets will wear out the new chain fast.

PirateJafa
18th March 2008, 15:56
You can take the chain off my Bandit if it'll fit :rolleyes:

Squiggles
18th March 2008, 17:18
Im going to get a cheap heavy duty job for the dr soon, i'd recommend cycletreads for it, but you could give the guys at wild west a call to see what they price up

motorbyclist
18th March 2008, 23:27
Just buy an O-ring chain

X-ring FTW:first:

klyong82
19th March 2008, 11:52
X-ring FTW:first:

Well if you can afford the X-ring then go for it....more expensive and last 50% longer than o-rings. But for a FXR i think the O-ring is sufficient.

Emb
19th March 2008, 12:29
sweet, ill just loook at my budget and give cycle treads a call