PDA

View Full Version : Armour-Tech Gloves

FROSTY
5th December 2004, 13:06
After destroying a set of gloves at Pukekohe a couple of months ago i went out hunting for a new set of gloves.
I looked at and tried on about a dozen pairs of gloves before settling on a set of Armour-Tech road/race gloves.
They have kevlar armour over the knuckles and back of the hand and dual layer leather in the handlebar contact areas and the outside edge of the little finger. a velcro strap for your emergency teather to attach to and padding over the hinge point of the wrist.
They look to be a well engineered bit of kit.
Myfirst ride impression of them was not goood--to be honest I thought they were shite -Too stiff,no feel through my fingers andthe leather bunched and hurt my fingers.
But like all quality things they just needed time to bed in . after a couple of wet/dry rides they have softened up to the point they are extremely comfortable.
The armour proved its worth when a stone flicked off another bikes tyre and hit me on the knuckle.I diddn't feel a thing-Bliss.
All in all so far a bloody good glove.
I'm told they stand up extremely well in a crash situation -It was seeing how damaged one guys Armour Techs weren't that decided me on these gloves.

FROSTY
5th December 2004, 15:09
Gloves--were they gloves he was wearing---after the toy run ,then the ride ,then up to parakai they looked more like sodden dish rags.
I'm guessing his gloves are gonna soften up real fast.

Rback
5th December 2004, 15:13
jeess frosty I hope you were wearing more than just your gloves yesterday.

FROSTY
5th December 2004, 15:29
Tell ya what mate --On a nekkid bike in that rain--it felt like i had no clothes on -bloody hailstones .

aff-man
5th December 2004, 16:27
yip gloves have softened up heaps and are now really comfy but i think when they dry out they will be stiff planks for a liitle while anyway
Seem to be really good and at only $35 i can't go wrong hahahah gotta love sales :bleh:

FROSTY
4th January 2005, 19:37
well guys after a decent slide down the road in my gloves they have survived pretty darn well. -the shine has gone off of the leather on the palm but otherwise theyre as good as new. the best bit was that my hands werent hurt in any way.

Motoracer
4th January 2005, 19:57
Yep i have the same gloves frosty and they are great. Have had em for about two years now and i use them ALL the time and they dont even look like wearing out yet.
Aff Man just bought some at the sale at Colemans on the weekend.. Ask him what he thinks of his new gloves. :msn-wink:
Sorry about the off topic comment but COOL avatar Glen!!