PDA

View Full Version : Hey, got my first bike coming next week, very excited (Reido)

Reido
19th March 2008, 18:03
Hey,
I've been looking though this forum for the past couple months in the build up to getting my first bike.
Im 16 and my parents have been bugging me to get my learners (car) license for quite some time now.. and in usual teenage rebellion i told them i didnt want a car, i wanted a bike :headbang: and thus here i am.

so anyway i wanted to get Honda VTR, but ended up getting a CBF, Dad wanting to a new bike yarda yarda yarda. Its getting delivered next Wednesday :woohoo:

So guess i better get out there and get some gear.. ohh Quasi i want those Kevlar sliders of yours =] and maybe a jacket too. hmm i might have to get another job to cover those and the insurance too.... joy

Reido

BadCompany
19th March 2008, 19:32
Speaking of Quasi gear, is there stuff waterproof?

Reido
19th March 2008, 20:02
umm dunno actually, but that leather / cordura jacket thats on sale is. apparently

YellowDog
19th March 2008, 20:06
Good luck with the new bike Reido.

You will find that the cost for all the riding necessities pushes the price skywards.

Usarka
19th March 2008, 20:06
hmm i might have to get another job to cover those and the insurance too.... joy

Reido

You'll need lots of jobs to pay for motorcycling! :innocent:

Well done with the purchase. Just take it easy on the new bike until you get a good feel for it. And we want pics!

Reido
19th March 2008, 20:15
Dads assisting with insurance, and pics as soon as the bike arrives. Promise

Usarka
19th March 2008, 20:17
Dads assisting with insurance, and pics as soon as the bike arrives. Promise

Your old man sounds ok. :niceone:

Reido
19th March 2008, 20:20
Yeah hes great, he paid for 1/2 the bike too

BadCompany
19th March 2008, 20:22
Yeah hes great, he paid for 1/2 the bike too

Lucky little bastard. I had to rip apart an investment to pay for my first bike (being a KR150).

Reido
19th March 2008, 20:33
awww lol,
bet it was worth it though.

CookMySock
20th March 2008, 08:06
That's awesome dood. The chix will flock to you now lol.

Now you have fun, but be cool on it ok ? Us old cunts hate reading about 16 y/o young fellas splattered across other things, like power poles and moving cars - it makes our asshole pucker something cronic, and then we get that dissaproving glare - nasty!

So get mental, but stay alive you hear.. nuff sed. :apint:

Oh and welcome to kb.

DB

Cave Cleaner
21st March 2008, 20:27
Welcome Reido

You have started out well. Yes as said, get the right gear for safety, and stay alert on the road. Its the idiots in their cars that you wanna watch out for too.:scooter:

Reido
24th March 2008, 21:10
ONLY TWO MORE NIGHTS.. it feels like the build up to xmas when i was 6.

and yeah im a rather cool and collected and careful person by nature.
My ride to school and back is very linear which should hopefully make is safer for me.

btw i already has me a girlfriend :niceone: although she doesnt like bikes :oi-grr:

fizbin
24th March 2008, 21:20
ONLY TWO MORE NIGHTS.. it feels like the build up to xmas when i was 6.

My ride to school and back is very linear which should hopefully make is safer for me.

btw i already has me a girlfriend :niceone: although she doesnt like bikes :oi-grr:

Try having a wife! It has taken me 5 years to convince her that i can get a bike :( ahhhh
Can't wait to see some pics dude! but all good things come to those that wait, and those that shout and curse the loudest:jerry:

Reido
24th March 2008, 21:30
5 years, ahh.. took me about a whole of 5 mins to convince my Dad.
and my mother doesnt have a say in this, i dont live with her anymore.
but i still love her, she's lending me $1000. :clap:

gijoe1313
25th March 2008, 08:12
Good on ya! CBF250 huh? A nice way to start ... you meet the nicest people on a Honda! :o :innocent:

Pics soon please when you have it in the driveway! :yes:

fire eyes
26th March 2008, 15:19
:calm: Hey Reido .. welcome! wish I had your backbone at your age! hehehehe ..

Rogue
29th March 2008, 17:19
Good on you for getting a bike and not a tin top :banana:

Not enough young people getting into bikes these days :cry:

Take it easy and treat everyone else on the road as a fool coz most of them are:ar15:

motorbyclist
29th March 2008, 17:35

haha that'll change the moment you put a helmet on:devil2:

Reido
31st March 2008, 12:06
Well got my bike =]. But my internet hasnt been reconnected since we moved house ='[ (at school now)

Any ways here's pics :woohoo:

done 30Km in a carkpark across the raod :scooter:. Got used to the clutch pretty quickly.

Having a ball

Usarka
31st March 2008, 12:08
:D

nice

vifferman
31st March 2008, 12:14
Well got my bike

Any ways here's pics

Nice looking bike, Reido! :niceone:
Please keep it shiny side up.

shafty
31st March 2008, 12:43
Good score Mate.
Have fun.
BE CAREFUL. :)

Cave Cleaner
31st March 2008, 17:14
Nice start to Bikes... So shiny and clean looking...:2thumbsup

motorbyclist
31st March 2008, 19:13
mate that looks mean!

join the SMC (http://kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=84) (a dollar annual membership fee) and you can come out the the RRRS (ride right ride safe) course with us for almost half price :D

don't worry you're not a uni student, we have plenty of non-students on board and welcome all learners.

Reido
1st April 2008, 14:22
mate that looks mean!

join the SMC (http://kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=84) (a dollar annual membership fee) and you can come out the the RRRS (ride right ride safe) course with us for almost half price :D

don't worry you're not a uni student, we have plenty of non-students on board and welcome all learners.

im keen, sign me up? =]

motorbyclist
1st April 2008, 22:42
look here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=70238)

Reido
3rd April 2008, 19:12
it says "current non uni members"
:crybaby:

hmm.. gotta get me my license now too..

anyone know of anyplace to do BHS test around Whangaparaoa / North Shore area?

motorbyclist
4th April 2008, 03:04
bah we'll make an exeption! just put on the books as joining in february:)

Choco
5th April 2008, 21:46
Nice bike man!
Ride safe on you're learners and wear your L-plate with pride :yes:
Choco.

QRUZN
14th April 2008, 21:27
Cool bike young fella. As a previous KBer stated before.. keep it sunny side up and enjoy the road and all the pleasures riding a bike has to offer.