PDA

View Full Version : CR250 4 Sale - Really good bike!!

Reckless
20th March 2008, 17:05
My 01 Cr250 is up for sale.

Do ya know anyone that wants a Damn good Cr250. I wouldn't sell it on Kiwibiker if I didn't think it was good! I've been through and replaced every Moving part on this bike. So you won't have to spend a ton on this after you buy it to put it right as everything has been done.

Details here http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=146295563

I'd take a good offer as I have my eye on a replacement already!

cheese
20th March 2008, 21:47
Loosing you to the orangatangs.... How you finding the 200?

Reckless
20th March 2008, 23:13
The CR is a great bike but I want to update to an 2007 bike. Honda have gone away from 2smokers so I'm puting my money where they are sticking to them and thats Ktm. Gonna Pass the 03 Ktm I bought down to my son. That will be better for him at his learning level than the mighty CR. And it also means I don't have to carry so many levers, filters etc for different brands of bikes in my spares kit If we have 2 Ktm 200's and the KX85 Sw. I'm gonna Miss the CR especially at Ardmore and Harrisville.

Pierce
21st March 2008, 07:55
It's a shame we're losing you to team orange :( I know there are still a few brand new 07 CR's out there but I can understand why you'd like to change to someone that is still developing they're 2 smokes.

Sad no one is doing them now but I read that Yamaha is still developing them till at least 2010 PLUS they've had some interesting finds with injected 2 strokes:niceone: Could be converting to the blue bikes in the future i think haha

Good luck with your sale Rick, it appears someone will get a bloody mint bike!

Danger
21st March 2008, 08:33
I have heard Suzuki are continuing with the two strokes but next year they are focusing on EFI on the RMZ250 and the following (2010) an updated RM250. Can't vouch for the accuracy, just came from a US rider who got it from Suzuki reps at Bike week.
I've ridden Reckless's CR250 and its a very good bike for off road riding, very smooth and controllable and he has looked after it.
I've also heard of a limited edition CR250 in 2010 but again, just a rumour. Only reason they would do that would be if they realise they have made a mistake and are going to bring the two stroke back in their line up.

Buddy L
21st March 2008, 09:23
Well i can't see Yamaha stopping making them in the next couple of years, as they have spent alot of money making a new frame for the 2 stroke line in the last couple of years. would be a waste.

Reckless
25th March 2008, 19:54
The 07 Ktm sold for $6500-00 last night. I thought that was a good deal for a 1 year old bike, new ones are 11 grand or so. 1/2 price after a year who would buy new?? I hadn't sold the CR so I could move on the Ktm so looks like I'll be keeping it for the short term. Oh well!! The Cr is a good bike but moving to an 07 would have been nice!!! Oh well me and my son can share the Ktm and the CR now.

CYA out there!!

Reckless
29th March 2008, 17:10
Just my bloody luck my Cr sells on the 29th and the bike I wanted sells to someone else on the 24th. If only that Ktm had of stayed Around for another week. Oh Well thats life.

So I'm in the Market for a Ktm 200!

Danger
29th March 2008, 17:30
Another convert ha ha world domination next :devil2::devil2::devil2:

Reckless
29th March 2008, 19:32
Thanks Danger

I'll use that!!!

Danger
30th March 2008, 04:50
Need to change the bike in your profile too.:2thumbsup

dammad1