PDA

View Full Version : Avoid Twilight Road

kave
21st March 2008, 13:23
Theres been a fatal head-on crash (4wd vs car) on twilight road which is now closed. Everyone be careful out there, easter drivers are mental.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4447548a10.html

HornetBoy
21st March 2008, 14:46
fark unbelievable 4 people reported to be dead ,People need to slow down a bit.

oldguy
21st March 2008, 16:03
Clevedon, to Maraetai road, I was out that way, got stopped, so turned back, it must have only just happened as the Police, Ambo, and Fire had not yet arrived.
So I went for a ride out to Hunua, Papakura, then back to Clevedon, was heading home via Twilight Rd, but a cop was stopping all traffic at the round about in Clevedon. but he let me through as I told him I was going Twilight Rd.

That is sad to hear, lets be careful out there.

tone_crafter
21st March 2008, 17:27
Yeah few mates and I went for a ride out there today. Not good at all :(

PrincessBandit
23rd March 2008, 16:03
Terrible. I do the Clevedon/Maraetai/Whitford ride quite regularly and am not at all surprised that there has been a tragedy such as this. Only last week I let the daughter drive her and me and the pooch out to Maraetai beach and while there saw a stationwagon full of idiots haring up the sand then driving across the grass back up to the road. As we drove home the same car was roadside, nose down in a ditch with said idiots standing looking at the car as if it was a ufo. A car (towing a boat) in front of us stopped to check if they were ok so we carried on (my daughter was stressed by having to stop at the site, so it was a good wakeup call for her that, yes you do occasionally come across these things as a motorist). Had the other car not been there, of course I would have made her stop so I could check to see if they needed help (regardless of what I thought of their behaviour). Just goes to show that any stretch of road that you ride/drive countless times can be a matter of life or death to those in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Brett
23rd March 2008, 21:30
Whitford/Clevedon/Maraetai roads are veryu very dangerous. I ride them a lot as they are my back door and have seen numerous idiotic/drunk/speeding/psychotic drivers over take around blind double yellow corners, loose control and roll through double yellow corners and overtake in places where other vehicles jhust are not visible. Please be careful on these roads.