PDA

View Full Version : Canterbury: Easter Sunday ride

SuperSonic
21st March 2008, 13:38
Hi all, trust ya easter is rocking along nicely. Well its about time for a nice long day trip:clap:. The last one I was on was to Jacksons cafe and loved it so much I think its worthy of a re-run.:2thumbsup So the plan is to meet at Yaldhurst Pub car park at 9.30am with a leave time of 10.00am. First stop will be the last petrol station for some time springfield for any of the smaller size tankers in the group. Then a regroup at Arthurs, then on to Jacksons for lunch. Ditto for the way home. So whos in for some of the best roads NZ has to offer:drool:.

MTW
21st March 2008, 21:07
Hey there Supersonic, I'd be keen for some of that action, I was on that same run to Jackson's, I agree, was a fantastic ride even with the strong winds.

With any luck the front due through tomorrow would have moved on for a nice ride over Sunday.

Looking forward to it.

Casualty
22nd March 2008, 12:33
I'll definitely be along.

I'm sure if my wee bike has made it to Jacksons before with Helen riding so it shouldnt be any problem with it's rightful rider.

Lil'M
22nd March 2008, 14:30
Would love to come on this one, but remembered I agreed to work. hopefully only the morning so might head out somewhere in the arvo. Have a good one, hope the weather holds out for ya!

Deviant Esq
22nd March 2008, 15:56
I'd quite like to join in too, but unfortunately I've got to run an archery practice in the afternoon as there's noone else to run it! That and it wouldn't be any fun on the NZ... the new bike doesn't arrive until Monday night!! <_<

SuperSonic
22nd March 2008, 16:00
Nice, will keep an eye on the weather, but can not see it coming to much. Ph Jacksons and they will be open. :clap:.

SuperSonic
22nd March 2008, 16:03
I'd quite like to join in too, but unfortunately I've got to run an archery practice in the afternoon as there's noone else to run it! That and it wouldn't be any fun on the NZ... the new bike doesn't arrive until Monday night!! <_<

Bugger on Archery thing, but the NZ would do it fine ya:baby:.!!!!

Deviant Esq
22nd March 2008, 16:06
Bugger on Archery thing, but the NZ would do it fine ya:baby:.!!!!
It would do it fine as long as I didn't mind having a really sore arse on arriving, and getting there long after everyone else as top speed isn't really the NZ's forte! On top of that I find that road trips like this, people tend to cruise at 120 and have short squirts of up to 160 ish... the NZ doesn't like cruising much over 120 and neither do I - too against being pinged for speeding, such a needless waste of money.

laRIKin
22nd March 2008, 17:03
I hear that they make a great bacon and egg pie at Jackson's. :Oops: :innocent: :devil2:

I was going to do a RAT ride tomorrow, will have to see which way the weather looks better I guess.

Have a good ride and pie.

Mr Triple
22nd March 2008, 18:08
I'll be along tomorrow as long as it's not pissing down. I don't think it's meant to.

Almost forgotten about the B&E pie thing, trust you Lemans:clap: I might even have a B&E pie, you just never know.

So see you all at the pub "Bike" park tomorrow :2thumbsup

SuperSonic
22nd March 2008, 18:37
Watched the weather and looks great so get ya bikes ready boys and girls its going to be a riper.:niceone:

Deviant Esq
22nd March 2008, 19:31
Ripper even? ;)

Wish I could come, I do enjoy a good B&E pie. Ah well, next time. At least I'll have a bigger bike by then and won't be able to whinge any more! :pinch:

BBzz
22nd March 2008, 19:32
Went over to Jacksons Friday awesome ride, road in good nick and good pie
Keep an eye out for mufti on the old West cost road.
Won’t be there going on the Rat run. Have a blast

200BUSA
22nd March 2008, 20:08
Remember to take heaps of money as they will probably double there prices on a holiday.As they usually do.Have a good ride.

Mr Triple
22nd March 2008, 20:51
Remember to take heaps of money as they will probably double there prices on a holiday.As they usually do.Have a good ride.

Be good if ya could come along, have you got your bike all up an running now:banana:

200BUSA
22nd March 2008, 22:14
Be good if ya could come along, have you got your bike all up an running now:banana:

I would of come along but bike is still out of action.Thought gearbox was fixed but now i can get 1st-2nd-3rd before i could only get 1st gear.So off the road for awhile longer.

pevs
22nd March 2008, 22:18
Hiya Super
Don't think I'll be able to make it Sunday.. too busy eating chocolate eggs! (I jest)
Did 2000k last week on the old VFR.. I think I've had my bike fix for a wee while. ta for the invite tho.
Pevs (Paul)

Pic at Haast Bridge (for proof!)

Mr Triple
23rd March 2008, 06:10
I would of come along but bike is still out of action.Thought gearbox was fixed but now i can get 1st-2nd-3rd before i could only get 1st gear.So off the road for awhile longer.

What happen to it, did it just go or were you doing to many wheelies.:cool: Unlike a Suzuki gear box to shit itself like that. Well hope you get it all sorted anyway cos things like that do pev ya off.

You could always bring the scooter:rofl: Take a two hour start be sweet:bleh:

Mr Triple
23rd March 2008, 06:14
Ripper even? ;)

Wish I could come, I do enjoy a good B&E pie. Ah well, next time. At least I'll have a bigger bike by then and won't be able to whinge any more! :pinch:

So what kind of bike are you going to get there D.E

Deviant Esq
23rd March 2008, 09:25
So what kind of bike are you going to get there D.E
It arrives down here in Christchurch tomorrow night, so if you're at the Wednesday night ride I'm planning on bringing it along then. It's a '99 Kawasaki ZX-6R, a UK import, in red. What, not Kawasaki green? Nope, and I'm quite happy about that too! ;)

SuperSonic
23rd March 2008, 15:56
Wow what an awesome ride and weather. :Punk: And some of the best views and the country too:first:. God zone really turned it on for our perfect size group of 8 riders. The roads were in great condition too, apart from one to many 4x4 cages the traffic was good as well. Jacksons was on the busy side and not charging anything extra too!!!!!! Meals were a bit slow to come out but when they did wow the size was massive. So the ride home was alittle slower due tothe extra weight on board. After Bealey that soon changed as the sun was out and things were feeling great.
So thanks to all for coming on the ride I had a ball.

Photo is of the group leaving Jacksons, will try the rest but were over sized or something

SuperSonic
23rd March 2008, 16:06
Right got it work,
First photo is of the group meeting at Yaldhurst pub
second photo is of the first stop at Authrs.
Last photo of group at Jacksons.

Deviant Esq
23rd March 2008, 16:10
Nice pics :niceone:

Sounds like a good ride and about the right size group too! A bit annoying (for me anyway) that I wasn't able to come along. Hopefully next time though :)

El Stevo
23rd March 2008, 18:05
Great ride! great weather, great company and the food was good too! I'm still in favour with the wife too, even after all my 'bad behaviour' today:cool:

Damn you SuperSonic! all I could think about when I ordered the coffee's was how dirty the machine looked!...:argh: They tasted OK though:niceone:

SuperSonic
23rd March 2008, 18:48
Great ride! great weather, great company and the food was good too! I'm still in favour with the wife too, even after all my 'bad behaviour' today:cool:

Damn you SuperSonic! all I could think about when I ordered the coffee's was how dirty the machine looked!...:argh: They tasted OK though:niceone:

So worth a trip for a taste or should I save my petrol for somewere else like Columbus Coffee Riccarton:Punk:. How unclean was it? Come over to work and have a real coffee and see what it should really taste and look like one day and then you can see my bench mark.:first::woohoo:

Mr Triple
23rd March 2008, 19:02
You couldn't get a better day for a ride over to Jacksons. The sun out all the way and no wind:Punk:

Thanks for putting it up Supersonic:woohoo: The group was just a nice size, and a great day had by all.

Mr Triple
23rd March 2008, 19:22
It arrives down here in Christchurch tomorrow night, so if you're at the Wednesday night ride I'm planning on bringing it along then. It's a '99 Kawasaki ZX-6R, a UK import, in red. What, not Kawasaki green? Nope, and I'm quite happy about that too! ;)

Yea Kawasaki green, you like it or hate it. Should be a great bike, now we'll be all left behind.

If I can make it on Wednesday I will have a look see. Just depends on work wether I can get there like most WNR.

Big ups for the new bike:niceone::niceone::niceone:

laRIKin
24th March 2008, 08:56
Well guys I was on my way to ride with you, mainly as I was running a bit late and thought I would miss the RAT ride early for your ride.
And thought a ride to Jacksons would be nice.
But they were still there and had not left, so thought now want do I do?

Good to hear that you had good weather as it looked dark in the hills from where we were.

When we the RAT group stop to re-group at Amberly we found a lost rider and pillion, Mr and Mrs BBFZR.
Must have forgot where the Yaldhurst Pub was? :Pokey:

We did think about going around the block to meet you.
As the weather did not look that good to us we carried on with the RAT ride and it would have been rude to leave the ride.

We all so had a great ride and winter is around the corner as the first part was cool and a few of us were not rugged up for this and were still in summer mode.

Hope to catch your next ride.

_Shrek_
24th March 2008, 10:43
So worth a trip for a taste or should I save my petrol for somewere else like Columbus Coffee Riccarton:Punk:. How unclean was it? Come over to work and have a real coffee and see what it should really taste and look like one day and then you can see my bench mark.:first::woohoo:

sounds like I missed a good ride :cry: r u open today might just come in for a test ride & a sample just fitted my new cam ajusters

MTW
24th March 2008, 10:55
sounds like I missed a good ride :cry: r u open today might just come in for a test ride & a sample just fitted my new cam ajusters

I believe they are open today, thought about going to grab some beans for my espresso machine.

Was a great ride...thanks to El Stevo for having a radar detector on board, had a blast following you through to Porters Pass.

_Shrek_
24th March 2008, 21:04
I believe they are open today, thought about going to grab some beans for my espresso machine.

Was a great ride...thanks to El Stevo for having a radar detector on board, had a blast following you through to Porters Pass.

had a great test :ride: into town yeaps of traffic :devil2: no more rattles had a coffee at supersonics :sick: will go again :rofl: they make it how you like it hard to find these days :first:

SDU
25th March 2008, 13:43
Awesome you all had a great ride. It would have been great to have joined you- I haven't done a pie run there yet! but someone had to do some work.:(