PDA

View Full Version : Time for another...

MSTRS
21st March 2008, 19:41
...KBers rock thread!!!
Colapop arrived at ours last night for the promised bed. Praked his sprot in the gargre. Only to discover a little puddle of oil on the clean floor. Oh oh. Sump plug not sealing properly. Best get that seen to, young Col.
Ah, she'll be right, he says, I'll get to Tauranga and con DMNTD into getting it fixed.
This morning, we have a look and confirm that sump plug has probably been cross threaded, but should get him to Tauranga.
Um, no.
He gets as far as Wasp27's, which is about 8ks from us, and stops just to have a natter like. But Mr Sump Plug is now haemorraging more than ever. So Col comes back here and we whip off the RF's skirts, radiator and pipes. Drop the plug out and it's holding by one wind of the helicoil. Cos that's all that's left. So off comes the sump plate. Round to W's workshop with it's fancy lathes and milling presses. Wasp27 makes short and very neat work of boring out the offending hole, tapping a nice new thread in, and fitting a new sump plug with a removeable bolt down the middle (a bolt inside a bolt). Neat as you like. Back to ours and YT's made lunch. Hunger sorted, an hour later so's the RF. All's good with the world again, eh Col??
I see him off as far as Te Pohue, check the fix and she's clean and dry. Magic!!
Enjoy the rest of your w/e Col.
And DMNTD doesn't have to get his lily-whites dirty!!!
Now, for those that don't know, Col spent a lot of time and effort to do a favour for another KBer a while back. So Col's effort has now been 'repaid'.
This is what we do - when a favour is done, there will be an opportunity to either pay it forward or be paid back.

Maha
21st March 2008, 19:46
Yeah the Bugger rang from Dannevirke last night, aint gonna see him this weekend, his loss....:rolleyes:
I guess hes tucked up nice and neat at CMNTD's....top effort John and Wasp27 and Tarty...:niceone:

Kittyhawk
21st March 2008, 19:48
Hehe.....lucky he had good help near by!!

And yes bikers helping bikers, an unwritten rule...If someone is down help them cos one day you may need it.

AWESOME!!!:niceone:

Conquiztador
21st March 2008, 19:49
Well done!!

BiK3RChiK
21st March 2008, 19:54
Well done, you! Awesome to see bikers pulling together... Sounds like a productive day and one that saved a fellow biker some $$... Good stuff!

M

Mom
21st March 2008, 19:57
Thanks to the KB family for sorting out the naughty one that is not in Wellington this weekend......LOL (sorry Col could not resist!)

Hmmmmmm maybe a call to DMNTD & Co is in order? Or a txt or 5, then I turn my phone off for the night because they are bound to harass me in the small hours :innocent:

MSTRS
21st March 2008, 20:00
They wouldn't? Would they? Hmmm, after a bourbon or 5, I believe they would.

martybabe
21st March 2008, 20:28
Well done mate, above and beyond the call and all that. Top bloke.:apint:

Daffyd
21st March 2008, 20:35
I guess that's why they call it Good Friday....
The better the day, the better the deed.

Colapop
21st March 2008, 21:58
I got to the T town and have had Brubons!! Casa de DUMPTY is classy... Nodrog and Stirts are having intercourse on the couch (with the pussy) and Wickedoceans11 and his bitch are are (pirates of Tauranga) just... dreaming of chickens and condoms... Me - I off to to do the Coroglen on the moro...

As far as the sojourn has gone thus far... FARK ME!! Family - YUP... I made two calls after I got home on Thursday... MSTRS - "Got a bed?" & DUMPTY "I'm coming"

Then to today... RuFty lived up to the heinous bitch that she is - treat me mean and keep me keen. Ooo she gon beat my ass... Hmm riding to T town with a dripping crotch is NOT a good idea... I must have been a farking saint in some other life coz this time round I found some people that are just outstanding!

Wasp27 - Dubya, you are absolutetly awesome! Instant fix (that involved machining my sump plate, rethreading it and fitting a new butt plug.

MSTRS, Yungatart and HxC - An open door for some obnoxious bastard who decided on the ride home to go a little further... Jebus would be proud.

My bro DMNTD, Unit, Nodrog, Stirts, Wicked1, and Jacs... What a c*nt. I turned up and have abused the F*ck out of everyone thus far beaten one of them and am learning a wee bit about riding (and expect to do so tomorrow...) You guys deserve the bourbons I've drunk so far... Cheers!!

My Babe - have fun and I'll see you soon...

ajturbo
21st March 2008, 22:33
My Babe - have fun and I'll see you soon...

will do big boy...

take care please, i want you back in one peice..:beer:

great people up that side of town eh!!!!:2thumbsup

Deviant Esq
22nd March 2008, 08:25
Great story for an Easter weekend saved, great job to all those that did what had to be done, but not just that, did it happily and proudly. :apint: