PDA

View Full Version : Favourite biking holiday

Bikernereid
23rd March 2008, 10:13
If you could visit and bike around any continent which one would it be, what country you have to visit, and why?

Disco Dan
23rd March 2008, 10:13
New Zealand.:first:

James Deuce
23rd March 2008, 10:23
One without women.

Bikernereid
23rd March 2008, 10:30
And we love you too!!

One without women.

jonbuoy
23rd March 2008, 10:44
+ Europe - language/scenery/food/culture changes every few hours, decent roads, relaxed speed limits.

- Busy, pricey

Bikernereid
23rd March 2008, 10:46
Asia- people are amazing, it has some of the most awesome scenery, cheap as chips, wicked food, great diving and so mint in monsoon season.

Country- Cambodia (cos I wasn't allowed in last time I was there)

yungatart
23rd March 2008, 11:23
New Zealand's South Island. I have wanted to do a motor bike tour of there since I was 14...its many years in the planning!!

kevfromcoro
23rd March 2008, 11:30
Asia..nice and hot all the time....great scenery. cheap.
and can get beer 24x7.....

MVnut
23rd March 2008, 14:41
Europe (again) I ride there every year and love the place, 08 in July yeehaa

Hanne
23rd March 2008, 15:43
South America, for sure! Argentina up to Mexico, (over about 6 months)that is the one ride I want to do more than any other. Learning Spanish at the moment in preparation!

ynot slow
23rd March 2008, 17:12
NZ,both islands see the magnificant scenery and no language probs,customs or food worries(can drink the tap water).Especially off the main traffic routes,being able to spend say 2 weeks in each island so as to meet as many zany kb ers,and then return the favour to them back.

xgnr
23rd March 2008, 17:26
Biased I am... but the South Island of NZ is one of the best bike touring places in the world... sad how many are so "traveled" and have never toured the SI.

Great roads, lots of cheap clean accommodation, low crime, lots a pubs, nice people, good food, pleasant weather, constantly changing scenery, no damn security searches at the major tourist spots.

As the old advert sez "Don't leave home 'till you've seen the country"

HornetBoy
23rd March 2008, 19:59
Europe - in particular italy- Scenery , know the Language ,love the culture ,and the awesome twisties as shown on Top Gear

Usarka
23rd March 2008, 20:19
Antarctica

ynot slow
23rd March 2008, 20:19
Biased I am... but the South Island of NZ is one of the best bike touring places in the world... sad how many are so "traveled" and have never toured the SI.

As the old advert sez "Don't leave home 'till you've seen the country"

Exactly,my dad's been a travel agent for over 30 yrs in management and owner,years ago one of his first conferences was Queenstown,but also Singapore,he went to Singapore,took him ages (20yrs or so) to get to Queenstown,mum,my brother and I beat him there.Don't know how many passports he's gone through but he is realising the Sth Island is a tourism mecca,and that includes kiwis.

The road to Bathurst is a good road for a bike,especially when racing is on,rather spend two weeks in lower Sth Island anytime,although not in winter on the bike lol.

Bikernereid
24th March 2008, 01:15
It is amazing to see so many people that favour thier own country. You kiwis are a proud bunch.

I wouldn't recommend the UK to bikers, although there are some great spots up North with awesome roads. But for the most part I would say to anyone heading this way go to France, Switzerland, Germany and if you have balls of steel Italy.