PDA

View Full Version : ACC levy protest ride?

SpankMe
22nd October 2002, 10:09
I was told by a friend that there is going to be a protest ride to Wellington this weekend. Bikers going to tell the government about their disapproval with the new ACC levy.

Does anyone know anything about this, was contemplating going.

They should also have organized protest rides in the main cities on the same day, for those that can not make it to Wellington. Many riders don’t have the time or own motorbikes that can't make such a journey.

Chris8
22nd October 2002, 14:01
According to Motorcycle Trader magazine there is a ride on from Auckland this weekend to parliament to protest ACC fee hikes. I think it's Sunday to be at Parliament by 4.30 pm. Sorry lost the magazine but try the website (Bikepoint).

The ACC fee hikes are another attempt by killjoy bureaucrats to stomp on motorcycling. How about cyclists who don't pay ACC fees, but are just as liable to be injured when they go down. Much fairer to put the fee rise in the cost of fuel. Then those who ride or drive more pay their fair share. Incredibly unfair the current set up.

festus
22nd October 2002, 15:52
Hey there,

The ride is this Saturday 26th October.
Riders in Auckland depart from Papakura Autobahn 5am.
Meet at Hamilton Bypass for 6:15am departure.
Meet at Taupo 9am.
Waiouru 10:15am
Ohakea Weight Station 12 noon.
Depart for Parliament from Wellington Railway Station 4pm.

Hope to see some of you there. More the merrier. We need to be heard!.

Festus

wari
25th October 2002, 02:43
If I wasn't in the middle of my 4 night shifts I'd be there. Its time we made some noise about this issue.

SpankMe
26th October 2002, 11:45
While I was going around the bike shops today handing out the <a href="/forums/showthread.php?threadid=49">Kiwi Biker notice</a>, I heard that the ACC fees are being increased again :argh: .

We are going to be looking at paying over $400 for our bike registration. :angry3:

Stormer
26th October 2002, 12:18
$400!! BUGGER!!!!!!!
Riding mad,
Stormer

wari
27th October 2002, 01:33
Thats just plain criminal.

:bash:

wari
27th October 2002, 20:23
I haven't heard anything about this protest ride in the media !!!

wari
28th October 2002, 01:54
I'm no longer disappointed that I had to work all weekend ... otherwise I would've gone down for the ride and been wet and miserable.

Stormer
28th October 2002, 09:25
You know whats going to happen? I`m going to pay my $400 rego. in 5 CENT PIECES!!!!!!!.
Take that ya *%#@~!!!!

Ride safe,
Stormer

Kiwi
28th October 2002, 11:43
@ Stromer

This is a very good idea.

Then I need a truck to pay for my three bikes:D

Kiwi

SPman
29th October 2002, 06:31
Anyone know how the run went?
According to the minute mention in the Herald (wankers), there were over 1000 bikes there!

The worry is that, at the rate ACC are going,the rego could be $7-800 in a couple of years :angry: :bash: :argh: :beer:

Chris8
29th October 2002, 07:52
I wuz there. The DOMPOST reported it yesterday with a photo (1000 bikers) but who counted?? Parliament was chocker with bikes an absolute sea of black leather. Rick Barker MP for Tukituki (where's that??) a biker himself had the balls to get up and address the gathered unwashed greasers about the planned ACC hike in fees.
It was great to see so many there and just worth it to hear the bikes.

SpankMe
29th October 2002, 10:05
If anyone took any photos, it would be nice to see them posted here.

festus
29th October 2002, 16:36
I was there also, great turnout. Weather held out. Awesome feeling riding with 1000 odd bikers. Don't get to do that kinda thing often!.
They want to hike the Rego to $325 (I think), or option 2 to increase fuel by 15 cents a litre. Either way it's total bollocks.
The government are on a revenue collection drive either way.
Got a mate that took pictures, I'll grab the good ones off him.

Cheers eh!.

Festus

SpankMe
29th October 2002, 16:53
Get him to <a href="mailto:spankme@ihug.co.nz">email</a> all of them to me if he can, and I will add them to the <a href="/gallery.php">Gallery page</a>.

Will Beard
30th October 2002, 22:23
My wife and I left Wanganui with a group of 7 bikes for the F.U.P @ the Weigh Bridge opposite Ohakea Air Base .
:bigthumb: on arrival even though we were greeted with some chilly cross winds, a friendly biker dishing out a free lollie :p well done. On the move again over 100 bikes, next town Sanson looks like weve doubled in size.

:argh: Darn crosswinds and then rain for 10 min then:calm: &:sunny: for the rest of the days ride:bigthumb:
Otaki quick stop for a smoke , local has counted 256 bikes ,3 more large waves follow thru over the next 15 min. Great to see.final F.U.P & ride to Beehive. A wonderful sight:eek5: :p well done to organizers, wanted to:bash: the ACC dept just to knock some sence into them, listened to mp"s .hopefully it will not turn out like hitting :brick: wall. Well had a party to go to anyway :bigthumb: great ride home the next day not a drop of rain.:done:

MattRSK
8th August 2006, 19:32
Never realised that it was going to go up to $400. I was just having a big whinge about my $224 that I will have to pay soon. :shutup:

The Pastor
8th August 2006, 19:55
Previous post 30th October 2002, 23:23

NSR-Dan
8th August 2006, 20:01
Never realised that it was going to go up to $400. I was just having a big whinge about my $224 that I will have to pay soon. :shutup:

dumb ass hhahahaha

Cajun
8th August 2006, 21:16
i went on this ride
road from tga to wellington, then did the run then spend 2 hours riding arund trying to find someone to stay in wellington city couldn't find nothing ended up going to 30 mins out of wellington to find someting

Was a good ride none the less first time i had been to wellington

was there for about 3 hours

Skyryder
9th August 2006, 21:00
Previous post 30th October 2002, 23:23

Jusat noticed that too. Thought something was beginning to happen here.

Now where's the Tui's.

Skyryder

Grubber
7th June 2014, 13:42
According to Motorcycle Trader magazine there is a ride on from Auckland this weekend to parliament to protest ACC fee hikes. I think it's Sunday to be at Parliament by 4.30 pm. Sorry lost the magazine but try the website (Bikepoint).

The ACC fee hikes are another attempt by killjoy bureaucrats to stomp on motorcycling. How about cyclists who don't pay ACC fees, but are just as liable to be injured when they go down. Much fairer to put the fee rise in the cost of fuel. Then those who ride or drive more pay their fair share. Incredibly unfair the current set up.

You type that one fingered so you could keep the rest of them up ya arse by any chance. If I did meet you, its painfully obvious you didnt leave any major impression. Thats kinda how it works most of the time.
Dont recal havin you hand anything worthwhile to anybody to be fair. You dis rwinforce my original perception of dope heads. CANT BE TRUSTED AT ANY HUMAN LEVEL OF DECENCY! That alone was worth every penny.
Hole, crawl etc. Lik I said 14 years old and I was obviously talkin about ya mental age you imbecile.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Madness
7th June 2014, 13:46
You type that one fingered so you could keep the rest of them up ya arse by any chance. If I did meet you, its painfully obvious you didnt leave any major impression. Thats kinda how it works most of the time.
Dont recal havin you hand anything worthwhile to anybody to be fair. You dis rwinforce my original perception of dope heads. CANT BE TRUSTED AT ANY HUMAN LEVEL OF DECENCY! That alone was worth every penny.
Hole, crawl etc. Lik I said 14 years old and I was obviously talkin about ya mental age you imbecile.

Whoa, epic thread-dredge!

Are you o.k Groober? Too much drugs maybe? Maybe your daughter slipped some of her P's in your milo this morning?

Chris8: don't worry mate, Groober's a bit fucked in the head. You're all good bro.

Grubber
7th June 2014, 14:25
Bloody tapatalk. All good. Same dick got the reply.

Madness
7th June 2014, 16:41
Bloody tapatalk.

Funny, plenty of others using tapatalk don't seem to have any issues replying to the right thread, rather than dredging up a totally unrelated one from eight years prior. I wonder if your wee mistake was actually because you're a cock-head?

haydes55
7th June 2014, 18:46
Funny, plenty of others using tapatalk don't seem to have any issues replying to the right thread, rather than dredging up a totally unrelated one from eight years prior. I wonder if your wee mistake was actually because you're a cock-head?

Actually no, tapatalk has done the same thing to me before as well.

Erelyes
7th June 2014, 18:53
Then stop using the fucking thing?

Madness
7th June 2014, 18:53
Actually no, tapatalk has done the same thing to me before as well.

Yeah but you're a cock-head too so that defence is invalid.

nz_forever
12th August 2014, 21:44
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/events/558679017591656/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

Grubber
30th August 2014, 21:52
I was told by a friend that there is going to be a protest ride to Wellington this weekend. Bikers going to tell the government about their disapproval with the new ACC levy.

Does anyone know anything about this, was contemplating going.

They should also have organized protest rides in the main cities on the same day, for those that can not make it to Wellington. Many riders don’t have the time or own motorbikes that can't make such a journey.

I had already decided I wasnt going to answer. I think it is painfully obvious to the rest of the community what is an acceptable level dont you!
Its kinda been out there for about 40 + years now.