PDA

View Full Version : New(?) Track Bike

Leong
24th March 2008, 17:26
Well, it's been a long time coming. Glen at Just Fairings got my race fairings to me in November, but with work and trips away I didn't get them painted till the Christmas holidays. Then there was the engine blow up on the 23rd December at Pukekohe which meant leaving the bike with Shaun on Christmas Eve. He organised a new motor from the US and had it installed by mid February but with me being away again, it was at the Pukekohe Nationals (8 March) when I got my beloved GSXR back. Since then I 've put on the Arrow headers and last Wednesday had the PCIII remapped.

This weekend I took off all the road gear and put the race fairings on. First outing will be the Kiwitrackdays training day next Saturday followed by PMCC Rd 3 the day after...... it's like having a new bike!! :banana:

kiwifruit
24th March 2008, 17:34
looks mint, very nice

Ivan
24th March 2008, 17:37
Nice Ride man

That Thing looks Sweet as

beyond
24th March 2008, 17:58
Noice mate :)

Didn't realise you had blown the mill. It had'nt done that many k's and I know you raced it and all but what went wrong to pop the motor? They should last a lot longer than that, even racing no?

Cheers

Paul

rustys
24th March 2008, 19:34
:cool:Kooool ! leong that is so nice, see u at PMCC rnd 3.

driftn
24th March 2008, 19:44
Then there was the engine blow up on the 23rd December at Pukekohe

Yep just dont make em like they used to aye. Are you doing the winter season? if so what class? oh yeah bike looks shit hot to.

R6_kid
25th March 2008, 09:08
Nice work mate! Looks spiffing... best of luck with the racing too :banana:

ArcherWC
25th March 2008, 09:25
looks great mate, see ya on the 29th

NinjaBoy
25th March 2008, 11:08
Thought you were a bit quiet this weekend. I was just thinking about where you got to with the fairings as I was working frantically to get my one up to scratch for this coming weekend.

Bike looks hot. It will be a pity to get it dirty if rains this weekend :innocent:

gijoe1313
25th March 2008, 11:43
Good stuff! I remember the convo we had over the fishies and about your bike, glad to hear its back on the road and laying down the rubber again! :yes:

Leong
25th March 2008, 18:00
Noice mate :)

Didn't realise you had blown the mill. It had'nt done that many k's and I know you raced it and all but what went wrong to pop the motor? They should last a lot longer than that, even racing no?

Dropped a valve. It's done 28000 km and was a Philip Island Demo bike. It only had a one year warranty because of it's Philip Island history. I'd done 33 trackdays on it, so it's had quite a hard life. Also I must stop myself using so many revs.... max power is around 14000rpm but I tend to run it to redline (16500rpm) especially in the heat of the moment! I'll be replacing the valves and springs on this new motor at some stage rather than let this happen again.

I'm keen to come to your Coro Loop ride - so will keep the CBR till then at least!!

Yep just dont make em like they used to aye. Are you doing the winter season? if so what class? oh yeah bike looks shit hot to.
Yes. Will do the whole series this time, and will do the full season in Clubmans to pick up some race craft. Haven't spent that much time at Manfeild so there's little chance of me beating the cutoff lap time. And you??

jrandom
25th March 2008, 18:05
I see you've gone with Conti RaceAttacks; excellent choice.

The bike looks gorgeous; can't wait to see you thrashing it around Taupo on the 4th!

:niceone:

Leong
25th March 2008, 18:15
I see you've gone with Conti RaceAttacks; excellent choice.

The bike looks gorgeous; can't wait to see you thrashing it around Taupo on the 4th!

Yes, My favourites at the moment are Diablo Supercorsas. Had to try the raceattacks though cos of what others say. They were brand new on the day the engine blew so I've only done 1.5 sessions on them so far.... Plus, I was offered my money back if I didn't like them!! :niceone:

HDTboy
25th March 2008, 18:16
Hehe, bitten!

Come play F2, it's more fun. Need to find myself a bike though

jrandom
25th March 2008, 18:19
Yes, My favourites at the moment are Diablo Supercorsas. Had to try the raceattacks though cos of what others say.

I (along with many others, I suspect) will be fascinated to hear the results of your back-to-back comparison.

emaN
25th March 2008, 19:00
wikkid Leong!!
go hard bro! sounds like you already are tho, with 33 trackdays under yer belt!!!
& keep an ear out for those 15,000rpm :blip:

oh, Tboy knows a thing or two 'bout valves - not just the mechanical kind either ;)

HDTboy
25th March 2008, 19:02
He doesn't need to know about my extensive knowledge on the subject of ladies' plumbing Jon

Leong
25th March 2008, 19:36
Thought you were a bit quiet this weekend. I was just thinking about where you got to with the fairings as I was working frantically to get my one up to scratch for this coming weekend.

Bike looks hot. It will be a pity to get it dirty if rains this weekend :innocent:
As you well know, it will stay on the trailer if it rains this weekend!! I still don't believe your forecast!!

Good stuff! I remember the convo we had over the fishies and about your bike, glad to hear its back on the road and laying down the rubber again! :yes:
Cheers J. Any progress on getting yourself to the track?

I (along with many others, I suspect) will be fascinated to hear the results of your back-to-back comparison.
Won't be for a while. Rear end now has ohlins so unless I put supercorsas on next it won't be a fair comparison!!

ArcherWC
25th March 2008, 21:02
Yes. Will do the whole series this time, and will do the full season in Clubmans to pick up some race craft. Haven't spent that much time at Manfeild so there's little chance of me beating the cutoff lap time. And you??

I wouldnt bother entering clubmans mate. you are as fast if not faster (definatly faster) than me and i was almost at the cutoff last year.
So you will definatly end up getting kicked out.
Plus you get twice as much tracktime for not much more $$ going F1/2

Leong
26th March 2008, 18:03
Hehe, bitten!

Come play F2, it's more fun. Need to find myself a bike though

I wouldnt bother entering clubmans mate. you are as fast if not faster (definatly faster) than me and i was almost at the cutoff last year.
So you will definatly end up getting kicked out.
Plus you get twice as much tracktime for not much more $$ going F1/2
I spent quite some time thinking about this and decided Clubmans mainly so that I'd get practice with passing etc in a race environment. I think in F2 it will be much more difficult and I really only have trackday experience, where overtaking on the inside is generally not permitted. Think I'll start in Clubmans and if I get kicked out I'll do F1/F2 then. Be good experience I think..

He doesn't need to know about my extensive knowledge on the subject of ladies' plumbing Jon
No, I don't....:no: