PDA

View Full Version : Fines Anyone?

Jsn
7th December 2004, 17:03
Hey,
You know when you're sitting in peak hour traffic in the morning, cars for miles each way, and guys on bikes are constantly going in between cars with no respect for rush-hour whatsoever?
Is there a fine for that / how much is it? Ive always been curious ever since i saw a guy doing it, then a cop car started chasing him in rush hour.. naturally the huy got away but yeah. :Police: :no:

Blakamin
7th December 2004, 17:05
Hey,
You know when you're sitting in peak hour traffic in the morning, cars for miles each way, and guys on bikes are constantly going in between cars with no respect for rush-hour whatsoever?

I always thought thats was one of the reasons to commute on a bike!!! :)

Storm
7th December 2004, 17:10
Dead right! Its the bonus for having no roof when it rains. You dont have to wait in traffic and anywhere that isnt a yellow line zone or corner is your passing lane

WINJA
7th December 2004, 17:23
Hey,
Is there a fine for that / how much is it? Ive always been curious ever since i saw a guy doing it, then a cop car started chasing him in rush hour.. naturally the huy got away but yeah. :Police: :no:
RESPECT FOR RUSH HOUR? WTF ARE YOU ON P WHO CARES ABOUT LANE SPLITTING

Sparky Bills
7th December 2004, 17:26
It is usually up to the cop.
If he/she is an asshole, they will do you for careless driving.
Most of the time its ok, but every now and then youll get nabbed.
That is if they can catch you. :shifty:
There is one cop in particular in Welly, who hates bikes, and will do anything to fine them! :finger:
Some people even know his badge No.!
I can get it if anyone wants it??

Jsn
7th December 2004, 17:26
mm sarcasm.. but yeah does anyone know if there is actually a fine for it?

Jsn
7th December 2004, 17:28
Is careless driving a court appearance?

avgas
7th December 2004, 17:29
well id rather cut through traffic, scareing people rather than puttering along in a bus lane only to have some fuck t-bone you. Sorry i still have issues since my accident :angry2: :finger:

Sparky Bills
7th December 2004, 17:31
No its not.
Just a fine.(as far as I know)
Just be carfull when doing it. Other than that, its just common sense.

Milky
7th December 2004, 18:13
remember lane splitting isnt actually illegal, but if you are passing in the left of a lane you can get caught - $150 fine for that.

on a side note, try searching in the forums for topics like this - it has been covered many many times before

The Pastor
7th December 2004, 18:17
Are you on P is ur caps key broken. While I prefer to lane split, people who dont are not all on P, some are women. :)

crashe
7th December 2004, 19:40
I lane split most of the time.... until I spot a cop ahead of me.... then I pop in behind the car.. and toodle along until I am out of sight of the cop... then back to lane splitting... heck I prefer to get home in a much shorter time than the cars ...who seem very happy to sit on the motorway for hours going no where fast....lol :scooter:

DarkNinja
7th December 2004, 20:23
i think we should have a sticky on why WINJA uses caps lock.
Lane splitting is great, just make sure you are watching the road and not zooming thru cars. saw a couple of guys flooring it on the m.way yesterday morning, kinda scary, but your life to your own eh?

spudchucka
7th December 2004, 20:42
Is careless driving a court appearance?
Careless driving is a Court appearance but usually results in a fine only - no disqualification. Check Milky's post for the deal on lane splitting, which buy the way does not amount to careless driving, unless perhaps you were responsible for a crash as a result.

Jsn
7th December 2004, 22:09
remember lane splitting isnt actually illegal, but if you are passing in the left of a lane you can get caught - $150 fine for that.

on a side note, try searching in the forums for topics like this - it has been covered many many times before

hehe sorry, just realised there was a 'search' button.. anywho it seems as if there IS no law reguarding lane splitting so i'll just take my chances....tomorrow..when i get a warrant.... and change the ownership... :yes:

marty
7th December 2004, 22:14
yeah you go for it milky. although i would use that search function a little more thoroughly before spouting off to a motorway cop that there is no law against lane splitting.

Sniper
8th December 2004, 07:04
It is usually up to the cop.
If he/she is an asshole, they will do you for careless driving.
Most of the time its ok, but every now and then youll get nabbed.
That is if they can catch you. :shifty:
There is one cop in particular in Welly, who hates bikes, and will do anything to fine them! :finger:
Some people even know his badge No.!
I can get it if anyone wants it??

Yep, right here. Haha :shifty: I dont have the prblem with rush hour traffic here in blenheim. Might do when I go to CHCH though

scumdog
8th December 2004, 07:10
:Oi: Here we go again with the FREAKIN lane splitting bollox... enough already. :angry2:

Lane splitting rocks.. otherwise id drive to work. :Punk:

I agree, I agree, to us lane-bereft citizens it's all a bit of a yawn.

When we DO get a lane I'll split it and let y'all know what happened/how it felt etc. ;)

750Y
8th December 2004, 07:21
i think we should have a sticky on why WINJA uses caps lock....
IT'S KIND OF JUST HIS OWN PERSONAL STYLE
am i close FB?(just a wild guess)

scumdog
8th December 2004, 07:27
IT'S KIND OF JUST HIS OWN PERSONAL STYLE
am i close FB?(just a wild guess)

Thought it was something to do with his poor eyesight, - or am I mistaking him for somebody else that uses CAPS all the time??? :confused2

vifferman
8th December 2004, 08:06
Thought it was something to do with his poor eyesight, - or am I mistaking him for somebody else that uses CAPS all the time??? :confused2
What about hats will that help peples eyes sight?

Dr Bob
8th December 2004, 14:24
hehe sorry, just realised there was a 'search' button.. anywho it seems as if there IS no law reguarding lane splitting so i'll just take my chances....tomorrow..when i get a warrant.... and change the ownership... :yes:

This has been covered, and there are 'laws' -plural. Mostly covered in statutory legislation, specifically sections 4,5, and 8 of the Traffic Regulations 1976. This also covers the fact that motorists must keep to the left of the lane (when being overtaken for example).

scumdog
8th December 2004, 15:49
What about hats will that help peples eyes sight?

How come you edited this from the correct answer that you had earlier?? :confused2

Gixxer 4 ever
8th December 2004, 16:12
Hey,
You know when you're sitting in peak hour traffic in the morning, :Traffic???????

cars for miles each way, :
In all directions???????? I always thought it was make believe on that Television thing in the corner........Always wondered why that world had no colour in it.........So where would I get one of these lane things to split?

a cop car started chasing him in rush hour. :no:
Can't be to much traffic if a plod can chase a bike. So do these traffic jams exist ;)