PDA

View Full Version : I GOT MY LICENCE!!!

Coyote
7th December 2004, 17:58
Got my licence yesterday!!!!! After 15 years of waiting. As soon as the L plate was on, I went riding. The CBR is awesome. I went to whitemans valley today and took it to 100 (shouldn't be going past 70, oh well).

Who were the riders at the top of mangaroa hill road?

Oh yeah, I failed my cage licence test

Motoracer
7th December 2004, 18:02
Well done mate.

Blakamin
7th December 2004, 18:06
Well done!!!!!!
you'll have to come over pie-cock one weekday!
(cept thursday coz me and the pnk van are going to waihi for work)

aff-man
7th December 2004, 18:07
Well done Mate ........... seems like fate has interveened hahahaha :scooter: :scooter:

Darryboy
7th December 2004, 18:09
Good stuff man!
Just in time for Summer!

jrandom
7th December 2004, 18:11
Well done.

Now you just have to lose your virginity, get a degree, get married, buy a house, have kids, turn 50, buy a Goldwing, wake up one morning and realise that you don't ride the Goldwing any more, sell the Goldwing, watch your wife give in to cancer, move into a one-bedroom flat in a rest home and spend your last few years dribbling mince and sherry and remembering that time just after your fifteenth birthday when you took a bike to a hundred kilometers per hour on the road for the very first time.

Then you'll die.

SuperDave
7th December 2004, 18:22
Ha ha, looks like jrandom is in a good mood today :rolleyes: Well done mate, that basic handling test is a joke aye.

Motu
7th December 2004, 19:46
Well done.

Now you just have to lose your virginity, get a degree, get married, buy a house, have kids, turn 50, buy a Goldwing, wake up one morning and realise that you don't ride the Goldwing any more, sell the Goldwing, watch your wife give in to cancer, move into a one-bedroom flat in a rest home and spend your last few years dribbling mince and sherry and remembering that time just after your fifteenth birthday when you took a bike to a hundred kilometers per hour on the road for the very first time.

Then you'll die.

Peeping Tom! I bet you stole my knickers off the line too.Why is my life so important to you that you keep notes and report on this site about my life story?

Ms Piggy
7th December 2004, 19:56
Got my licence yesterday!!!!! After 15 years of waiting. As soon as the L plate was on, I went riding. The CBR is awesome. I went to whitemans valley today and took it to 100 (shouldn't be going past 70, oh well).

Well done!!! :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

Bazza
7th December 2004, 20:04
Well done.

and remembering that time just after your fifteenth birthday when you took a bike to a hundred kilometers per hour on the road for the very first time.

Ahhh...Memories....

riffer
7th December 2004, 20:28
Well done young feller.

I'll keep an eye out for you around Upper Hutt.

Storm
7th December 2004, 20:28
Congratulations mate welcome to the club. Oh and a word of advice- treat all cage drivers as of they are homicdial- dangerous driving-ignorant of the road rules-stupid mofos, and you'll be right

Blakamin
7th December 2004, 20:34
Well done young feller.

I'll keep an eye out for you around Upper Hutt.
Why did you never tell me of the fun that is 300 metres from your house????? Huh??? next time I'll call in for a coffee just to annoy ya!!!
bloody cool road that wallaceville hill thing! (provided you're not in a van)

6Chris6
7th December 2004, 20:46
Good on ya, enjoy it.
Don't just do the commute thing, that sucks all the fun of it :Punk:

Her_C4
7th December 2004, 20:55

Who were the riders at the top of mangaroa hill road?

AWEsome news - congratulations ;) Look forward to seeing you around :scooter:

SPORK
7th December 2004, 21:40
Yep, I saw him in UH. Gave me a hell of a fright when a black CBR swoops in onto the pavementy thinga right in front of me as I am listening to my metal. Later when I saw him at a friends house I got to sit on it and rev it (I know, I'm pathetic) The throttle is different than anything I have used before, very twitchy, but fun.

toads
7th December 2004, 21:44
Well done.

Then you'll die.

I shouldn't have read this at 10.50pm, not a happy goodnight thought, cheers JR

toads
7th December 2004, 21:47
congratulations matey!!

SPORK
7th December 2004, 21:54
I shouldn't have read this at 10.50pm, not a happy goodnight thought, cheers JR
Exactly. What's the matter JR? Trying to induce more teen suicides? :mellow:

Lighten up, please! :)

jrandom
8th December 2004, 07:45
Sorry chaps, didn't mean for anyone to take that too... seriously. It's just a synopsis of my Motu-stalking notebook, after all.

bear
8th December 2004, 08:04
Good work on the licence, get to the restricted, and then full as soon as you can.

Holy Roller
8th December 2004, 08:32
Good on ya mate.
Take it easy and have heaps of fun, hey who am I kidding I was once young and bullet proof first couple of bins only made me more determined to get it right next time. But I know you are different anyway it only hurts for a short time then all is forgotten untill much later in life when different aches and pains remind of times gone by where the body was put on the line.
But there is nothing like being out on the road with the wind in your face amd miles passing beneath ones feet.

James Deuce
8th December 2004, 08:48
Well done.

Then you'll die.

:pinch:

:Oi:

I've just organised it so you get my bike when I die....

It will be dropped from a Helicopter (or analogous hover capable flying vehicle) from the altitude of 500m, directly onto your head.

James Deuce
8th December 2004, 08:50
Good on ya!

Can you please post on here when you;re off for a ride so we stay at home and "dribble mince and sherry" while you're out lawbreaking? :)

Just kidding. Looking forward to going for a ride soon.

Coyote
8th December 2004, 09:11
Well done.

Then you'll die.
Sorry. Don't plan to live past 30.

I'll make sure I do that if I live longer than planned.:niceone:

Coyote
8th December 2004, 09:15
you'll have to come over pie-cock one weekday!
That road gives me the shits! Fricken cliff going to the sea beside you, and the CBR has a twitchy throttle too (move the throttle slightly and your already at 18000rpm).

Take me ages to get there at the bloody 70kph speed limit. They should really put that 70kph limit on big boring exhaust fitted cars

Blakamin
8th December 2004, 09:18
That road gives me the shits! Fricken cliff going to the sea beside you, and the CBR has a twitchy throttle too (move the throttle slightly and your already at 18000rpm).

Take me ages to get there at the bloody 70kph speed limit. They should really put that 70kph limit on big boring exhaust fitted cars

If ya ride up from your side, you have no cliffs... and its faster back down than the the cliff side

GN1NiteStnd
8th March 2005, 08:58
How was the test. I'm going for my license today, i'm sooooooo nervous.

GN1NiteStnd
9th March 2005, 14:36
thats great! :2thumbsup
I just got my licence yesterday! After riding around since november. -Oh well. Now i just have to renew the rego.

sels1
9th March 2005, 15:08
I just got my licence yesterday! After riding around since november. -Oh well. Now i just have to renew the rego.

Congrats on getting the licence
Best you do the rego - it can cost you otherwise.

Coyote
9th March 2005, 17:47
Woohoo, nice one :niceone:

We need more biker chicks on the roads

Waylander
9th March 2005, 17:53
Dead thread, new poster....... Why does this always end in a resurection?

(pt) I did it too

And congrats mate.:niceone:

GN1NiteStnd
22nd March 2005, 08:32
Does it really matter if your out after 10pm on your learners?

I finish night work at 10 and it only takes me 5minutes to ride home, yet my mothers packing a major shitty at me cause im :angry2:"breaching the conditions of my learner licence".

erik
22nd March 2005, 09:10
If you met a grumpy cop, he could give you a ticket for it. But other than that, I don't see a problem with it.

If you wrote to the LTSA about it, they could probably give you an exemption allowing you to ride home after work so you wouldn't have to worry about tickets. I got one when I was on my restricted car license so that I could take my sister to school.

James Deuce
22nd March 2005, 09:12
Does it really matter if your out after 10pm on your learners?

I finish night work at 10 and it only takes me 5minutes to ride home, yet my mothers packing a major shitty at me cause im :angry2:"breaching the conditions of my learner licence".

She's right mate. You only need to get pinged by someone who decides to stick to the letter of the law and you're back to square one. Pretty unlikely, but the more unlikely an action the more often it seems to happen, in my miserable experience anyway.

GN1NiteStnd
6th April 2005, 09:43
I got an exemption. I can stay out till 10.30pm!!! Course only after work, and to get home blah blah blah... But nobody believed that a 19 year old learner motorbiker could get one, but it did!! Yay. :banana: