PDA

View Full Version : Périphérique to Sacré Cœur in 8 minutes ... on a Scootah!

90s
26th March 2008, 16:29
P-kJdFjHihY

Actually I posted this having seen Snow Patrol's "Open your eyes" video for the first time last week, and was convinced that it was filmed from a motorbike. The above video shows the famous film backwards. Looks like these jokers had a laugh making it.

ybr8Z6pzVs0

Looking into it I found out that I was wrong. Although film shot from a car is not exactly KB-fodder, its shows an amazing bit of film (that I am still amazed was a car not a bike), apparently one that inspired Ghostrider etc.
Whilst I am not a fan of demonstrations of dangerous public riding (indeed, the director was arrested when the film was first shown) it is a unique single-take piece of film. And works beautifully for the soundtrack to the song.

The fim was oringinally entitled "C'était un rendez-vous" and filmed in Paris in 1976. Many of you probably know it well, although I couldn't find any reference to it by search.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C'%C3%A9tait_un_rendez-vous
The original was fimed from a Mercedes 450SEL 6.9 but the soundtrack badly dubbed over by a Ferrari engine & fake tyre noises.

Mikkel
26th March 2008, 16:41
Those were the days - doubt it would be possible today. Wouldn't be a time of the day with that little traffic in Paris.

He sure wasn't afraid of running the red lights that's for sure.

It's been 9 years since I was in Paris - could still recognise a few places here and there... ;)

2fst4u
26th March 2008, 17:34
the camera would lean if it were a bike

90s
27th March 2008, 09:30
the camera would lean if it were a bike

The car camera was mounted on a gyroscope, I assumed the same for a bike. Film crews often shoot from a bike with "no lean"

Those were the days - doubt it would be possible today. Wouldn't be a time of the day with that little traffic in Paris.

He sure wasn't afraid of running the red lights that's for sure.

I did almost the same route on my honeymoon. It took 1 1/2 hrs, but then I was in a 306 and it was 2:00 in the afternoon ...