PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon everyone (Pebbles17)

Pebbles17
27th March 2008, 10:08
Hey,

I'm Suzi, 18 years old and just got my first bike over easter weekend, managed to break it already (check out maintenance for details) it's a suzuki FXR150, and I absolutely loved the whole 10 minutes I got to ride it before I damaged it :niceone:

Badjelly
27th March 2008, 10:10
Continuing a grand tradition :rolleyes:! Welcome.

Str8 Jacket
27th March 2008, 10:13
Welcome chick! Whereabouts in Lower Hutt are ya? Might be able to come and have a look for ya.....

DingoZ
27th March 2008, 10:14
Welcome......

Hopefully repaired in time to take advantage of the continuing nice weather...before it all craps out for a while.....:devil2:

Bikernereid
27th March 2008, 10:17
Hope that you will get your bikes fixed and have plenty of awesome riding.

UberRhys
27th March 2008, 10:22
Hey,

I'm Suzi, 18 years old and just got my first bike over easter weekend, managed to break it already (check out maintenance for details) it's a suzuki FXR150, and I absolutely loved the whole 10 minutes I got to ride it before I damaged it :niceone:

What did you do to it? Always the way with new things, the more you (well me anyways...) try and be careful, the more you compensate and end up dinging or scratching it...

Badjelly
27th March 2008, 10:25
What did you do to it?

Yeah, tell us all the details, Pebbles17. Doesn't matter how embarassing they are, no-one will give you a hard time here :rofl:

Trudes
27th March 2008, 10:27
Hi, welcome to KB, hope you get the bike sorted soon, take care out there and enjoy.

Pebbles17
27th March 2008, 10:37
This is pretty much pasted from mantaintenance: got my licence on tuesday, broke my bike the same day... Was just practising stopping and starting on corners and stopped a little too enthusiastically at one... knew the bike was too overbalanced so jumped off so the fall would be as light as possible, as I was also putting my weight behind holding it up, so it fell lightly, went to pick it up thinking it'd be sweet, about to get on and noticed that the foot panel had fallen off. Was a pre-owned bike that I know had had a couple of falls so it must have been previously weakened in one of them or something. The panel which the left foot pedal and gear shift is attached to snapped off at the part which attaches these... I've been quoted a three week waiting time and $100 for parts and labour to repair it, but was wondering if anyone would know a cheaper way of doing this? I've already blown my budget with the bike really! any help or suggestions are thoroughly welcomed

Str8 Jacket
27th March 2008, 10:45
I live in Lower Hutt and might be able to come along with koba and see just how bad it is. We may be able to help you get it going cheaper and sooner than a week...

What part of Lower Hutt do you live in chick?

Pebbles17
27th March 2008, 10:46
Boulcott... close to hutt hospital

Str8 Jacket
27th March 2008, 10:52
Boulcott... close to hutt hospital

Sweet, that's close. I have sent you a PM.....

Number One
27th March 2008, 10:53
Howdy Peebles17 and welcome to biking and KB.

Good luck with your bike! Not mechanical myself, + garage full of bikes needing work and only one husband to do it all...so sorry I can't help you out myself.

So long as you are a genuine person, who doesn't take others for granted, keen on riding and you aren't a dick then you'll no doubt make a great many good new friends on here (as I've been lucky enough to) and I'm sure someone out there would be willing to help ya out or be able to provide some better and more useful advice than I.

See you out there at some point on the FXR, good starter bikes - I started on an RG...ha ha haaa another good wee starter bike.:clap:

Number One
27th March 2008, 10:54
Howdy Peebles17 and welcome to biking and KB.

Good luck with your bike! Not mechanical myself, + garage full of bikes needing work and only one husband to do it all...so sorry I can't help you out myself.

So long as you are a genuine person, who doesn't take others for granted, keen on riding and you aren't a dick then you'll no doubt make a great many good new friends on here (as I've been lucky enough to) and I'm sure someone out there would be willing to help ya out or be able to provide some better and more useful advice than I.

See you out there at some point on the FXR, good starter bikes - I started on an RG...ha ha haaa another good wee starter bike.:clap:

TAKING TOO LONG TO TYPE - GO STR8 You good bitch you :love:

Badjelly
27th March 2008, 10:57
Was just practising stopping and starting on corners and stopped a little too enthusiastically at one...

Like I said, continuing a grand tradition. And Str8jacket's continuing another grand KB tradition by offering to help. :hug:

phoenixgtr
27th March 2008, 11:06
Hi and welcome. If it's broken where mine broke one day when I came out to find my bike lying on the ground then unfortunately theres not alot you can do other than get a new part. Sorry