PDA

View Full Version : A most humble request

ital916
27th March 2008, 19:20
Hey all!

I'm finally managing to get my mum into motorcycling, it's a tough battle as she is a little afraid of actually getting onto a bike even though she loves them to bits. She has her basic handling on a scoot and is wanting to take motorcycle lessons, but would love to be able to get onto the back of a cruiser to see what it's like *she's a cruiser nut lol cruiser this, cruiser that. She gets all excited when she sees them riding past ;)*. I was wondering if there are any cruiser ladies/gents out there that would not mind taking my mum for a spin sometime. I will happily pay for petrol and coffees for the trip. I reckon once she's on the back of one, there'll be no turning back, i'll have created a biking monster. So is this sunday evening any good? A short half hour or hour ride or something. I humbly thank all who would be keen.

Ride safe

Drider

Subike
27th March 2008, 19:24
Hey all!

I'm finally managing to get my mum into motorcycling, it's a tough battle as she is a little afraid of actually getting onto a bike even though she loves them to bits. She has her basic handling on a scoot and is wanting to take motorcycle lessons, but would love to be able to get onto the back of a cruiser to see what it's like *she's a cruiser nut lol cruiser this, cruiser that. She gets all excited when she sees them riding past ;)*. I was wondering if there are any cruiser ladies/gents out there that would not mind taking my mum for a spin sometime. I will happily pay for petrol and coffees for the trip. I reckon once she's on the back of one, there'll be no turning back, i'll have created a biking monster. So is this sunday evening any good? A short half hour or hour ride or something. I humbly thank all who would be keen.

Ride safe

Drider

MY GOD
I WOULD BE THERE IN A FLASH! if I ownd a cruzer lol
pity I live in the south and would not have a chance against those northen riders who should just enjoy giving you lovely mum a ride for the experiance of it

Mom
27th March 2008, 19:27
I dont own a cruiser, so cant help either. Flick a link to this thread on the North Shore Curiser Riders thread, I am sure that some of them will be happy to oblige :yes:

Jorja
27th March 2008, 19:30
know someone with a cruiser but she is a learner herself so would not be able to give your mum a ride. She would be able to give advise though. She has a really nice bike that might be up for sale soon too. It is a Virago 250.

jrandom
27th March 2008, 19:30
Is your mum hot?

Madness
27th March 2008, 19:32
How big is yer dad?

ital916
27th March 2008, 19:34
:bash::bash::bash:, Oi a friendly ride on a motorcycle lol

Toaster
27th March 2008, 19:34
Hey all!

Ride safe

Drider

I dont own a cruiser, so cant help either. Flick a link to this thread on the North Shore Curiser Riders thread, I am sure that some of them will be happy to oblige :yes:

There are cruiser rides most weekends. Check out our website. I am away this weekend but I am sure others could give your mother a good ride.:2thumbsup

Rockbuddy
27th March 2008, 20:06
does you mum have any gear? Helmet, jacket,boots etc

outlawtorn
27th March 2008, 20:31
I'll give her a ride, if she has the gear available, I live just up the way and would happily help out. PM me with details if you are keen.

Cheers
J.

johnnyflash
27th March 2008, 20:36
I'll give her a ride, if she has the gear available, I live just up the way and would happily help out. PM me with details if you are keen.

Cheers
J.

bring her along to the Colemans Cruiser run this weekend Outlawtorn, they will have all the latest cruisers out as well :-)

heyjoe
27th March 2008, 20:41
Too bad she don't live down here. I'd take her. Anyway - sounds like it is all possible so wish her all the best for her ride and let us know what she thinks. Or whether u have truly created a monster! Have fun.

ital916
27th March 2008, 20:51
I'll be getting her a helmet and jacket hopefully on sunday, i'll work out whats going on tonight with her and pm the people who are interested. Thanks for the help dudes, i reckon she's already got the bug.

P38
28th March 2008, 16:28
How big is yer dad?

Good point.

Your obviously a thinking man.

ajturbo
28th March 2008, 19:02
:bash::bash::bash:, Oi a friendly ride on a motorcycle lol
soooo .. she's hot then....

yod
28th March 2008, 19:18
buy her a zx10

Toaster
28th March 2008, 19:56
bring her along to the Colemans Cruiser run this weekend Outlawtorn, they will have all the latest cruisers out as well :-)

I was just about to say the same thing mate. Perfect opportunity to see the 2008 models out and about. Dont forget pics!!

johnnyflash
28th March 2008, 20:14
I was just about to say the same thing mate. Perfect opportunity to see the 2008 models out and about. Dont forget pics!!

yep will take the camera for sure..

MVnut
28th March 2008, 20:25
Hopefully your mum is into bikes of her own accord and not just because you want her to be. There is only one reason to get into motorcycles...the correct one ! :cool:

Chrislost
28th March 2008, 20:41
buy her a zx10

I agree.
though sometimes ladies like big singles/twins...

ital916
30th March 2008, 17:21
Okay, so I sent of fa pm but I believe said member is busy, so um yeah my effort to help my mum get on the back of a bike fell through. lol I'll keep trying, is anyone free next weekend? *this will allow me ample time to get my mum her gear*

ajturbo
3rd April 2008, 21:13
I agree.
though sometimes ladies like big singles/twins...
dam.. the ladies i know only like singles.... and i am single .. but they don't call me...:confused:

duckonin
4th April 2008, 18:27
Okay, so I sent of fa pm but I believe said member is busy, so um yeah my effort to help my mum get on the back of a bike fell through. lol I'll keep trying, is anyone free next weekend? *this will allow me ample time to get my mum her gear*:niceone:Keep trying Drider87 someone will give her a buzz, don't give up...:banana:

Usarka
4th April 2008, 18:59
FFS one of you cruiser weirdos must be able to help! :shutup:

Divot
4th April 2008, 19:36
I PM'ed you but I got no answer. So here is what I sent you in a public forum.

Hi, I am away this weekend but am will to help you out. I have a 2008 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic and would be willing to take her for a spin. I have had may people on the back who are first timers so there is no problem.
I work shift work so could maybe do one night during the week or during the day.
Give me a yell if you want to.

duckonin
5th April 2008, 08:41
I PM'ed you but I got no answer. So here is what I sent you in a public forum.

Hi, I am away this weekend but am will to help you out. I have a 2008 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic and would be willing to take her for a spin. I have had may people on the back who are first timers so there is no problem.
I work shift work so could maybe do one night during the week or during the day.
Give me a yell if you want to.:first:Good one Divot, so ends the story, your offer has been made open to the public,good for you:woohoo:

duckonin
5th April 2008, 08:42
:first:Good one Divot, so ends the story, your offer has been made open to the public,good for you:woohoo:Forgot to say nice ride you have and all cheers

ital916
6th April 2008, 07:23
PM replied to mate :cool:, man being at uni for three days straight sucks.