PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi In the UK saying hi (brockzila)

brockzila
28th March 2008, 04:42
Hi my names Brock.
Im from South Auckland and now based in London.
I am just getting back in to riding after a 10year lay off.
I must say that getting back on a bike after a few years away was quite an experence. add in the fact that i only rode 250s back home and i got a 850. + the nutty london traffic, and the dam english winter. its been loads of fun with only one very low speed off outside my house in the ice. cant wait for summer
Got myself a TRX850 that being rebuilt at the moment then am off to party and enjoy a summer on the shores and roads of southen europe.
Just stumbled across this site and it has stoped me from bolting my exhaust and putting my tank back on for the last 4 hours.

I look forward to many long hours on here.

reading some of these posts has made me so home sick. along with the phone call i got from a mate who caught a kingi while nude fishing on the manukau.

The TRX will be home in a year and hopefully with a falco in the next crate.

Brockzila

fergie
28th March 2008, 05:42
hi Brock and welcome, take care on those pommie roads, keep us posted on your euro experiences. cheers

CookMySock
28th March 2008, 05:49
[...] a mate who caught a kingi while nude fishing on the manukau.Yeh, all fairly normal daily kiwi activities. <_<

what are you doing in the UK ? My little brother is over there somewhere.. he rides a 600RR something.. He met some Irish chick and didn't come home.

DB

Bikernereid
28th March 2008, 06:34
You must be insane to be living in the UK and getting on a motorbike in London!!

My bloke (a Westie) is popping over here in May so if you ever fancy riding with another Kiwi and some mad Brit biker you should pop down to Portsmouth and come on one of our Sunday rideouts.

We are heading to St Tropez and then back up to the Netherlands and Belgium the beginning of June. When are you heading South?

Livvy
28th March 2008, 10:33
Ahhh, England! I miss it so... Just not the weather. I was last over during the winter myself, of 04-05, loved the novelty of snow but it would be hell on a bike.

Good luck for the reintroduction into bikes, and your new TRX850.

Rogue
29th March 2008, 19:20
Hi M8 sorry to here your still in England but at least you can get to see some great sights when you hit Europe :clap:
keep an eye for the Ities they won't keep an eye out for you :rockon:

You missed the best summer here for years :2thumbsup Fishing, riding, drinking and other outside activities are always better when the weather is fine.

Post ya photo's when you've done the trip

Good luck

Usarka
29th March 2008, 20:06
where in london are ya.

reading some of these posts has made me so home sick. along with the phone call i got from a mate who caught a kingi while nude fishing on the manukau.

i think he meant he caught a queen while naked in k-rd.....

MyGSXF
29th March 2008, 20:19
Welcome to the nut farm Brock! :rolleyes:

Just stumbled across this site and it has stoped me from bolting my exhaust and putting my tank back on for the last 4 hours.

Yep.. KB'll do that to ya!!! :whistle: life as you knew it.. is OVER! :doh:

Got myself a TRX850 that being rebuilt at the moment then am off to party and enjoy a summer on the shores and roads of southen europe

NOOOOIIICE bike ya got there too fulla!!!! :2thumbsup be sure to put some pics up of ya Euro meander as ya go aye :niceone:

Jen :rockon:

Wingnut
30th March 2008, 07:55
Hey - hows that weather over there?

Bikernereid
30th March 2008, 07:58
It sucks as ever!!! Rain and wind in the South East, how is London fairing?

brockzila
7th April 2008, 03:17
how is the london fairing. its stuffed, full of cracks and wired back togeather. i not using my good one in london. to hard to find a mint one.

ha ha jokes.
it sucks. was ment to go out but got a call from a mate saying it was off. i looked out the window and everything is white with snow. most of my mates here are queensland dingos so they dont want to go near it.
im heading down to paps for the running of the bulls. i start there on the 6th so will be a quick overland from here a couple of days befor. then meeting my olds after beerfest in stuttgart october 8th then home, have no clue in between.

beauchampd
10th November 2008, 18:31
I have just got a 1995 TRX850 after a spell from riding of about 15 years (used to ride GPZ600r, etc).

I live the bike as it really has some character. Good handling and a bit different from the new bikes (my answer to a classic I can afford to own).

Mines done 50,000k and seems to be going well. Want to get some louder exhausts though (mid life crisis talking here!)
Best of luck

Skyryder
10th November 2008, 19:52
Good to have you on board. Brockz. It's an interesting site this. Don't know another biker site like it.

Skyryder

fire eyes
10th November 2008, 20:47
welcome!!!!

Fatt Max
11th November 2008, 21:16
Say hello to London for me.....jeez, I'm homesick as f**k now!