PDA

View Full Version : Check this *sshole out!

Aero165
28th March 2008, 08:59
Hey folks,

I was having a look around Trademe for some new parts for my pocketbike I saw a new chain stating "Made in Japan" It took my interested because I've had some issues with my china chain... So I asked the question that I think everyone would "Is this chain really made in Japan?". Look at the answers he gave me:oi-grr:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=146921377

For someone that is new to pocketbikes and is trying to learn by asking questions I feel he is very arrogant, especially for someone who is trying to sell his own products.

I won't deal with the trader again.

Anyway, thats my gripe for today.:scooter:

Hope all bikes are running well and all body parts are where they should be, undamaged.

Aero

Bikernereid
28th March 2008, 09:13
Is putting it politely, he was rude, an asshole and a c*nt!! And he obviously has no marketing and PR skills either!!

MIXONE
28th March 2008, 09:16
I'm amazed that he sells anything at all with that attitude.:tugger:
KB's should bomb his sight with useless questions and comments to show him what a dick he appears after posting replies like that.

Finn
28th March 2008, 09:17
He's sold over 800 items and has 99.5% positive feedback so he can't be full of shit.

You're the one being a cunt.

Aero165
28th March 2008, 09:22
He's sold over 800 items and has 99.5% positive feedback so he can't be full of shit.

I don't care about his feedback, he was still being a dick. Maybe you should read the Q's and A's again.

yod
28th March 2008, 09:23
jeebus Finn - was that really necessary??

Finn
28th March 2008, 09:27
jeebus Finn - was that really necessary??

Well yes it was. The guy is trying to sell stuff to make an honest living and some upstart with nothing better to do publicly calls him a liar and says his product is from China.

MIXONE
28th March 2008, 09:28

Aero165 asked him a simple question without being a dick (something you can't relate to possible?)
Is he a mate of yours?

Finn
28th March 2008, 09:30
Aero165 asked him a simple question without being a dick (something you can't relate to possible?)
Is he a mate of yours?

The auction says it's from Japan dumbarse. If it says it's from Japan, why would you ask if it's from China unless you're a shit stirrer?

"D" FZ1
28th March 2008, 09:33
What an arrogant :tugger:

MIXONE
28th March 2008, 09:36
The auction says it's from Japan dumbarse. If it says it's from Japan, why would you ask if it's from China unless you're a shit stirrer?

My arse may be dumb but it's not as close to the ground as yours.:jerry:
I trust people on trademe about as much as I trust guys on internet sights who just slag everyone else without any constructive comments.Sound familiar does it?

FROSTY
28th March 2008, 09:40
Sorry dude --I'm reading your question from his point of view.
Hey dude so you are lying about where your chain is made aren't you?

Cos to me thats how your question comes across.

Finn
28th March 2008, 09:42
I trust people on trademe about as much as I trust guys on internet sights who just slag everyone else without any constructive comments.Sound familiar does it?

The success of TradeMe kinda proves you wrong. If you don't trust people on TradeMe then don't buy stuff there - simple, just like you.

Aero got his arse served on TradeMe and good job for asking such a stupid question.

stanko
28th March 2008, 09:45
Im with Finn on this one, The man said it was from Japan , for some reason Aero thought he was full of shit, the seller had a perfect right to tell him to piss off. You other clowns are defending the undefendable

oldrider
28th March 2008, 09:47
Hey folks,

I was having a look around Trademe for some new parts for my pocketbike I saw a new chain stating "Made in Japan" It took my interested because I've had some issues with my china chain... So I asked the question that I think everyone would "Is this chain really made in Japan?". Look at the answers he gave me:oi-grr:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=146921377

For someone that is new to pocketbikes and is trying to learn by asking questions I feel he is very arrogant, especially for someone who is trying to sell his own products.

I won't deal with the trader again.

Anyway, thats my gripe for today.:scooter:

Hope all bikes are running well and all body parts are where they should be, undamaged.

Aero

Had a look at this just out of curiosity, sorry Aero, Finn has a point. (IMHO)

Then again, you have a choice and you have expressed yours!

Funny way to talk to a potential customer publicly though! :spanking: Cheers John.

Aero165
28th March 2008, 10:06
Thing is guys, I genuinely don't believe it's made in Japan.

When pushed he never actually states that it IS made in Japan. I believe he is full of shit and is only saying it's made in Japan to get sales. Maybe I should of asked "Can you prove this chain is made in Japan"? As in "is it stamped on the chain?"

There are some traders selling $180 pocketbikes as 'High quality racing replicas' and as most people would know a $180 Daytona rep IS NOT a 'high quality' bike, so it's not like people don't bend the truth daily on TM.

I have been stung before on TM for not taking the item description with a grain of salt. I did not want to buy a "Made in Japan" chain only to find that when it actually turns up on my door step it is a cheap china chain. I wanted to be totally sure of what I was buying.

I asked a VERY simple question politely, HE chose to be an asshole about it by calling me a twat.

Finn
28th March 2008, 10:09
Well given the two of you aren't getting along very well, I doubt you will be doing business anyway. You've just missed out on a well priced Japanese chain.

borg
28th March 2008, 10:13
Is putting it politely, he was rude, an asshole and a c*nt!! And he obviously has no marketing and PR skills either!!

No need for that kind of outright abuse over a question and confirmation of a statement. I've CW'd it for the abuse! And I don't care either if anyone things I'm a git for doing so! It doesn't hurt to be polite even when someone is being difficult. It's good PR as well.

cynna
28th March 2008, 10:18
should be a pretty good chain tho if it is made in Mordor

Aero165
28th March 2008, 10:20
No need for that kind of outright abuse over a question and confirmation of a statement. I've CW'd it for the abuse! And I don't care either if anyone things I'm a git for doing so! It doesn't hurt to be polite even when someone is being difficult. It's good PR as well.

Thanks,

What I don't understand is it seems like half the people here believe that whatever is stated in the item description MUST be true. Am I the only person that has been stung for believe the description and not asking any questions????

Oh, and whats "CW'd"?

Aero165
28th March 2008, 10:20
should be a pretty good chain tho if it is made in Mordor

LOL, maybe it'll come with a free Oger or two:lol:

borg
28th March 2008, 10:25
Thanks,

What I don't understand is it seems like half the people here believe that whatever is stated in the item description MUST be true. Am I the only person that has been stung for believe the description and not asking any questions????

Oh, and whats "CW'd"?

Well, you should be able to rely on a stated description. In the commercial world it's illegal to sell something that isn't described accurately. That may be the case here with certain vendors as well. I'm not a legal guru, but it goes something like that. All that aside, it doesn't hurt to confirm, and you don't expect to get abused for doing so.

CW is the "community watch" reporting option. The seller has been out of line here I think with the aggression, and the inappropriate abusive language is the reason I've CW'd it.

Aero165
28th March 2008, 10:27
Yes, I agree. Confirmation is all I wanted. Not a :spanking:

Finn
28th March 2008, 10:30
It's good PR as well.

You're delusional. This is a small time operator NOT a friggen large business. Public relations? You made me laugh anyway.

While I would refrain (a bit) if I was in his shoes, he's free to say what he likes. You should try working retail for a while. You'll learn pretty quickly how miserable and nasty the general public actually are.

Finn
28th March 2008, 10:32
CW is the "community watch" reporting option. The seller has been out of line here I think with the aggression, and the inappropriate abusive language is the reason I've CW'd it.

Goody two shoes. I've just reported Aero for Trolling then. Nice work.

borg
28th March 2008, 10:35
You're delusional. This is a small time operator NOT a friggen large business. Public relations? You made me laugh anyway.

While I would refrain (a bit) if I was in his shoes, he's free to say what he likes. You should try working retail for a while. You'll learn pretty quickly how miserable and nasty the general public actually are.

I didn't say he was a commercial op. Some sellers are though. That wasn't my point anyway. I was saying there is an obligation, morally and/or legally to accurately describe an item for sale (whether you are a commercial operation or private).

I don't disagree with you either. I know it can be frustrating, but you've got to err on the side of caution, and not assume that someone is just trying to wind you up with no intention of buying. Otherwise you'll end up looking like a prat, as this seller has clearly done a good job of doing to his reputation. :lol:

Finn
28th March 2008, 10:37
I was saying there is an obligation, morally and/or legally to accurately describe an item for sale (whether you are a commercial operation or private).

So you've made up your mind that it's not a Japanese chain?

borg
28th March 2008, 10:46
So you've made up your mind that it's not a Japanese chain?

No... but it seems you are making assumptions about my thoughts. I was thinking it probably is a Japanese made chain.

I would tend to trust what the buyer has stated, but confirm via a question if I had any doubt, concern about the stated facts, or just wanted to confirm to satisfy my but, as the original poster had wanted to do in the first place.

If it turns out not to be accurate, then I'd ship it back and ask for a refund along with shipping and return shipping costs. Only fair. I personally wouldn't deal with this trader now anyway if I was the buyer. The attitude would indicate someone very difficult to deal with if there were problems with the purchase.

sunhuntin
28th March 2008, 10:48
i wouldnt buy something like a chain from tm... id rather put my money into the hands of a bike dealer and buy a chain through them. i only buy off trademe the things i cant source in local shops [like out of print books and cds]

honestly, i feel both are at fault. aero: auction sabotage is against tm's rules, and thats how your "question' comes across. if you want a japanese chain, then buy one that you can be 100% certain [ie, pick it up and check the marks.]

Finn
28th March 2008, 10:50
I personally wouldn't deal with this trader now anyway if I was the buyer. The attitude would indicate someone very difficult to deal with if there were problems with the purchase.

He's not difficult, just direct. He answered the question promptly and provided the potential buyer with a very clear answer. It's just that Aero got a little precious about being told to piss off. I thought it was funny.

Finn
28th March 2008, 10:52
i only buy off trademe the things i cant source in local shops [like out of print books and cds]

and these?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=146715353

sunhuntin
28th March 2008, 10:54
ok, now its working. lol.

ummm, no thanks. it says a dry vagina is needed, so itd be a waste of $$ for me.

nodrog
28th March 2008, 10:56
and these?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=146715353

but they dont work on arseholes.

borg
28th March 2008, 10:57
He's not difficult, just direct. He answered the question promptly and provided the potential buyer with a very clear answer. It's just that Aero got a little precious about being told to piss off. I thought it was funny.

IMHO: The first question was reasonable, the response wasn't. Coming back with "Twat" to a reasonable question is pretty over the top. The second question from Aero could have been worded a little better... perhaps someone like "I just wanted to confirm it was made in Japan" rather than a kind of accusing statement such as that which was used.

Anyway, yeah, it's all funny. Both of em! :)

I agree with the other poster about buying from a shop though. Much safer.

borg
28th March 2008, 10:58
The questions/abuse have been removed from the auction. Now will everybody shake hands and make up? :)

borg
28th March 2008, 11:01
ok, now its working. lol.

ummm, no thanks. it says a dry vagina is needed, so itd be a waste of $$ for me.

Copying directly won't work. You need to right click and use the menu option to copy the link. Depends on your browser what the menu option description is.

Finn
28th March 2008, 11:05

Catechu, Paramenae cortez, Gallae, Caulis Litsae sebifera, cucumae rhizoma, usnear, thellius, fructur terminalia dhubula, acorus calamus, asarum canadense and other traditional ingredients will not harm your arsehole nodrog. Drying your arse first then inserting the thing might cause some level of discomfort, but you'll fell like a new man afterwards.

And remember, you can try it just before sex too.

borg
28th March 2008, 11:12
Goody two shoes. I've just reported Aero for Trolling then. Nice work.

Well, both of them have made me smile... now you are too. How old are you? :girlfight:

Finn
28th March 2008, 11:14
Well, both of them have made me smile... now you are too. How old are you? :girlfight:

Older than you but not as old as your bike.

borg
28th March 2008, 11:31
Older than you but not as old as your bike.

Gee, that really makes sense. You must be one of the drivers talked about here

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1493753#post1493753 :girlfight:

cynna
28th March 2008, 12:08

now that was an example of how buyers and sellers should communicate on trademe. nice simple question and no abuse by either party

Aero165
28th March 2008, 12:31
i wouldnt buy something like a chain from tm... id rather put my money into the hands of a bike dealer and buy a chain through them. i only buy off trademe the things i cant source in local shops [like out of print books and cds]

honestly, i feel both are at fault. aero: auction sabotage is against tm's rules, and thats how your "question' comes across. if you want a japanese chain, then buy one that you can be 100% certain [ie, pick it up and check the marks.]

OMG, auction sabotage? Do you think I have nothing better to do than sit on TM all day coming up with great ways of 'sabotage'? Grow up.

Can you tell me that everything stated on TM is factual? I was expecting an answer like "As far as I'm aware this chain is made in Japan" as that is along the lines of the answer I would give if I were in his shoes.

I wanted confirmation.

Is that to much to ask for?

bungbung
28th March 2008, 12:36
What is the point of asking?

If I'm going to rip you off by stating that my Chinese chain is made in Japan, then when you ask a question on my auction I'll tell you again that it's made in Japan.

Thee is no way of knowing. What if it is made in Japan, but it's cheap and shitty? would you jump to the conclusion that the seller was lying to you?

If the seller is legit, you'd be better asking about the quality cf. know brand chains DID, RK etc

Marmoot
28th March 2008, 12:37

What a useless argument.

If you don't believe it then don't buy it. Period.

Asking a question will not prove anything.
If he says yes you still won't believe it. If he says no, well, would he say no?

Marmoot
28th March 2008, 12:39
Can you tell me that everything stated on TM is factual? I was expecting an answer like "As far as I'm aware this chain is made in Japan" as that is along the lines of the answer I would give if I were in his shoes.

I wanted confirmation.

He already said it in the auction. You are asking for a confirmation on a confirmation, which is only a stuborn moronic idiot would do, and something you shouldn't have done since you are not.

Or would you get on your toes and flame me in the purpose of reconfirming? which would then make you one?

borg
28th March 2008, 12:43
since you are not.

I would like confirmation of that. :headbang:

Marmoot
28th March 2008, 12:45
I would like confirmation of that. :headbang:

Mine is The confirmation of the fact. You don't need confirmation on confirmations.

Gubb
28th March 2008, 12:47
Let's see if he gets *really* annoyed with the same question again.

borg
28th March 2008, 12:48
Mine is The confirmation of the fact. You don't need confirmation on confirmations.

Can you please confirm this a confirmation of a confirmation of a fact? :ride:

CookMySock
28th March 2008, 13:19
[..] You're the one being a cunt.BAHAHAHAHA thats funny.

I'm with Finn on this one.

DB

SlashWylde
28th March 2008, 13:19
Sorry dude --I'm reading your question from his point of view.
Hey dude so you are lying about where your chain is made aren't you?

Cos to me thats how your question comes across.

Agree with Finn and Frosty. The guy didn't have to be rude, but since he was maybe others would think twice about asking such questions in the future.

Luckylegs
28th March 2008, 13:33
Im generally in the FINN camp on this one, but... FFS, Sellers have been known to make mistakes in their auction description(s)

Bikernereid
28th March 2008, 13:34
I have been stung on other sites so I always try and get as much info as possible before parting with my heard earned cash. You did the sensible thing and asked questions, good for you. Nice to see some people using therir nogin for a change!!

Thanks,

Oh, and whats "CW'd"?

Finn
28th March 2008, 13:42
Im generally in the FINN camp on this one, but... FFS, Sellers have been known to make mistakes in their auction description(s)

These chains are on an legitimate online website in NZ and the brand is made in Japan.

http://newmanz.co.nz/zen/index.php?main_page=privacy

owner
28th March 2008, 14:08
heres a thought areo are you actually in the market for a chain?

I have asked a few "genuine" question to that guy. he was on here for a bit ,Im sure. he seemed straight up to me. and he is clearly in need of another beer

Im with bung bung and finn.

Aero165
28th March 2008, 14:48
I have been stung on other sites so I always try and get as much info as possible before parting with my heard earned cash. You did the sensible thing and asked questions, good for you. Nice to see some people using therir nogin for a change!!

Thank you!

Aero165
28th March 2008, 15:08
heres a thought areo are you actually in the market for a chain?

I have asked a few "genuine" question to that guy. he was on here for a bit ,Im sure. he seemed straight up to me. and he is clearly in need of another beer

Im with bung bung and finn.

Yes, I am in the market for a new chain. My one snapped while I was racing my minimoto at Taumarunui. I don't have lots of money and I wanted to make sure that the chain I bought was going to last.

Here's my final thoughts on the matter. Yes the guy has the right to defend his auction from people pointlessly trolling/stirring. WHICH I WASN'T! I needed a new chain.

I wanted more information so I started the process of asking questions to get answers.

Marmoot
28th March 2008, 15:31
Here's my final thoughts on the matter. Yes the guy has the right to defend his auction from people pointlessly trolling/stirring. WHICH I WASN'T! I needed a new chain.

if it looks like shite, smells like shite, feels like shite, there is no need to taste it

kiwifruit
28th March 2008, 16:08
In hindsight Aero165, how could you have worded your question so as not to offend the seller?

Aero165
28th March 2008, 16:12
In hindsight Aero165, how could you have worded your question so as not to offend the seller?

The question shouldn't of offended him in the first place. If you knew me (which many of you don't) You'd know I'm a nice enough guy. NOT an cock with nothing better to do that piss other people off.

But, in hindsight I would of started the question with "No offence". But I did not think it would necessary because I did not mean it in an offensive manner.

If he asked a question on one of my auctions that I thought was stupid/pointless I would not of acted the way he did.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is the point I am trying to make

kiwifruit
28th March 2008, 16:16
The question shouldn't of offended him in the first place.

i can see how it did, though...
can you? (http://eqi.org/empathy.htm)

Aero165
28th March 2008, 16:26
i can see how it did, though...
can you? (http://eqi.org/empathy.htm)

I understand what some of the people who disagree with me are saying. He took my question the wrong way and got offended. Either way, he was the one to pull out fowl language first and to flame.

Shadows
28th March 2008, 17:12
The questions/abuse have been removed from the auction. Now will everybody shake hands and make up? :)

Thanks for ruining the show, I wanted a laugh. Go back to your neighbourhood support group.

inlinefour
28th March 2008, 17:33
it was funny.

I agree, so are some of the pissy comments your getting finn... :devil2:

Keep up the good work, I actaully have to agree.

Aero, good work, be a twat on tardme and now a twat on KB, whats the next move?

NUTBAR
28th March 2008, 17:38
Catechu, Paramenae cortez, Gallae, Caulis Litsae sebifera, cucumae rhizoma, usnear, thellius, fructur terminalia dhubula, acorus calamus, asarum canadense and other traditional ingredients will not harm your arsehole nodrog. Drying your arse first then inserting the thing might cause some level of discomfort, but you'll fell like a new man afterwards.

And remember, you can try it just before sex too.

have you not been getting any lately finn? :buggerd:

borg
28th March 2008, 18:02
Thanks for ruining the show, I wanted a laugh. Go back to your neighbourhood support group.

It was quite funny... to be honest. Think someone posted it in the thread somewhere... or someone could probably quote it if you're that hard up for a laugh :clap:

Sollyboy
28th March 2008, 22:39

He is a very good guy to deal with , many people from our church including me have buy quads from him and we are really happy , he has got lots of spare parts and stands behind his product , he just one of those people who doesnt tolerate retards:baby::baby:

borg
29th March 2008, 03:53
He is a very good guy to deal with , many people from our church including me have buy quads from him and we are really happy , he has got lots of spare parts and stands behind his product , he just one of those people who doesnt tolerate retards:baby::baby:

Like that's really going to change our minds. His attitude speaks for itself :crazy:
In fact I'm going to black list him so I can make sure I don't ever deal with him.

inlinefour
29th March 2008, 05:40
Like that's really going to change our minds. His attitude speaks for itself :crazy:
In fact I'm going to black list him so I can make sure I don't ever deal with him.

Borg, have you ever met the bloke? Are you able to look beyond your view? As I wonder if your the black and white sort of personality that can never see all the shades of grey, let alone all the other colours out there.
I don't think it was that bad a response, many people out there would tell you to fuck off to an obvious attack on their honesty. For feck sake it says the chain comes from Japan and then some cooont comes along and acuses him of selling Chinese? I reckon it would not take that much of a bad day to give the answer dished out either.
Although this thread has been slightly amusing in parts I must depart for more humourious things, you kiddies carry on as you were... :girlfight::clap::katman::finger:

idleidolidyll
29th March 2008, 07:31
I seriously doubt he was lying about the country of manufacture. This is a registered business in NZ and although purchases are not guaranteed under auction rules, misrepresentation sure as heel is.

You can find his company on the Companies website, it lists the director Che Newman and gives his financial records etc.
http://www.companies.govt.nz/cms/how-do-i/search-the-register/banner_template/AGENT

Given that he specifically states made in Japan; I (vomit) agree with finn, his reply to the question might be somewhat sarcastic but not unreasonable given that he has already stated the country of manufacture.

Sollyboy
29th March 2008, 09:12

To late to say you dont want to deal with him because he made that decesion for you :bash::bash:, but seriously he is the best guy to deal
with in auckland for a budget quad and his parts back up is far superior to any big manufacturer (for now)

BLazeD
29th March 2008, 13:37
Didn't read the whole thread...

You insinuated it was a fake when you asked the question, that's why the seller got pissed.

Gadgit
29th March 2008, 17:08
Ahhh I found him hard to deal with to with first contact a few years back when he accused me of not even knowing what minimoto racing was??? at that time I had been racing them for two years and was on the NZMMRC committee... but got over that one he's very direct and to the point which makes him hard to deal with when asking questions.

And for those of you that think asking questions about "origin" is an insuelt...
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=143483494
This guy is trying to sell a china made engine but listing it as a Blata

sunhuntin
29th March 2008, 17:29
OMG, auction sabotage? Do you think I have nothing better to do than sit on TM all day coming up with great ways of 'sabotage'? Grow up.

I wanted confirmation.

as already stated, i wont buy from tm unless i know that i can trust the product description... thats why i wont buy essential motorbike parts off there. i have bought things like sidecovers, but they wont fuck my bike if they go bust. and i have never once been ripped off or had something not up to scratch.

your "question" came across as a troll. i would have said something like 'can you please provide proof that this chain is from japan, like a photo of the packaging or stamps on the chain itself. thanks!' manners, young man, go a long long way, even if they are only one sided.

Katman
30th March 2008, 11:20
if it looks like shite, smells like shite, feels like shite, there is no need to taste it

Expect a letter from my lawyer regarding Copyright Infringement.:msn-wink:

Marmoot
30th March 2008, 13:30
Expect a letter from my lawyer regarding Copyright Infringement.:msn-wink:

You can't claim copyright for public expressions unless you register it :argue:

(I wonder what the odds are on getting it successfully registered)

Aero165
30th March 2008, 13:43
Ahhh I found him hard to deal with to with first contact a few years back when he accused me of not even knowing what minimoto racing was??? at that time I had been racing them for two years and was on the NZMMRC committee... but got over that one he's very direct and to the point which makes him hard to deal with when asking questions.

And for those of you that think asking questions about "origin" is an insuelt...
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=143483494
This guy is trying to sell a china made engine but listing it as a Blata

Wow this thread has gotten huge!

The link Gadgit has posted is exactly what I'm talking about! You can never be too careful.

In future I would ask "Are you sure this chain is made in Japan" or something of the sort.

I wasn't meaning to accuse the man of lying but in hindsight I can see how he would of thought so.

Urgh

inlinefour
30th March 2008, 14:22
Wow this thread has gotten huge!

The link Gadgit has posted is exactly what I'm talking about! You can never be too careful.

In future I would ask "Are you sure this chain is made in Japan" or something of the sort.

I wasn't meaning to accuse the man of lying but in hindsight I can see how he would of thought so.

Urgh

If I was asked a lame question like this I would have this answer:

"Are you sure you own a motorcycle because I think you'd have to be too friggin dense to be able to ride one?!?!?!! Cheers!"

Thats the sort of treatment your likely to get back considering your being a wanker in the first place. Why don't you just feck off and buy it from a ship so you can see that its real? Your lack of trust in others will only cause problems with the way your going about it...

Edit: interesting the abusive rep I recieved from aero, turns out he has quite an attitude problem afterall. Maybe he will grow up one day. Well heres hoping...

dirtybomb
30th March 2008, 16:39
Aero, does your original chain have anything stamped on it?

I know the 'Daytonas' like my own have RC25/ASA25 chain, (1/4inch pitch, american standard chain).

It should be RC25/ASA25 or RC35/ASA35 (3/8 pitch chain)..

If it doesnt have anything stamped on it, measure the roller diameter, the distance between the centres of each pin and the distance between the inside plates. And let me know.

NB. Just because its Chinese doesnt necessarly mean its of bad quality.
Most brands sold in NZ are made to an ISO standard (metal strength, load ratings etc).

PM me if you want help, I used to sell the shit and can still get it cheap.

I would go for OCM, Diamond (if your feeling rich) or SKF chain.

There is also KHK chain, which is chinese but is of reasonable quality.

By the way, I would never answer a customer in the manner that you were delt with. I deal with customers ranging from 5k to 5m per annum and would never dream of doing that. Look how many people now know about this comment from this paticular supplier.

We need to remember who the customer is here, and whos ment to be professional. Not whos right or wrong.

Aero165
30th March 2008, 19:36
Thanks D-bomb! I'll have a geeze and get back to you

NC
30th March 2008, 19:44
Oh I forgot about the good ole shit slinging matches on here. Good one Finn

Grub
30th March 2008, 19:57
I asked a VERY simple question politely, HE chose to be an asshole about it by calling me a twat.

Well dude, you called him a liar first - what did you expect??? There are other ways to ask the same question without calling the guy a liar - which you believe he is, you said so in this thread. e.g.

"I heard recently of some counterfeit Chinese chains about, are you sure of your supplier on this?"

I'm with the rest of them that believe you got what your earned. You called him out, he told you to get knotted - fair enuff

The Stranger
31st March 2008, 20:55

Chris been stretching it a bit much for ya?

Paranoid Android
31st March 2008, 21:20
thats a stupid shit reply. i will not be buying off him

grogan
31st March 2008, 22:25
Agreed. It says in the auction where it is made dipshit - why ask dopey questions?!

westie
31st March 2008, 22:35
If someone has nothing to hide then they dont normally get really:mad: wound up:angry2: if some one asks them a simple question.

Damn P its even on the interweb tardme thingy :doobey: