PDA

View Full Version : MNZ Conference (24-25 May)

scott411
28th March 2008, 11:49
with all this talk about MNZ, is anyone here actaully attending the conference,

24th and 25th of May in Nelson,

i would reccomend the road race workshop on saturday for you guys that are interested in it,

scrivy
28th March 2008, 12:08
Went to it last year, but not going to it now its in Nelson :( it's just doubled the price for me to get there.

sidecar bob
28th March 2008, 14:22
Went to it last year, but not going to it now its in Nelson :( it's just doubled the price for me to get there.

Yeah, But if you work for MNZ it would be just peachy to spend a few days there "on the company" Yup, im a cynical bastard.

scrivy
28th March 2008, 14:37
Yeah, But if you work for MNZ it would be just peachy to spend a few days there "on the company" Yup, im a cynical bastard.

If I was 'on the company' I'd want it in Australia!! :cool:
And why do you think you're a bastard?? :pinch:

ajturbo
28th March 2008, 19:14
ok... can SOMEONE tell me WHY a MNZ meeting is being held in Nelson????

just how many members are there?

how many are road racing CLUBS???

yes i do know there is the dirt racing clubs...

but if they are hold a road racing workshop.... and there are NO road racing clubs..... ( the club that holds ONE race a year i consider not a "real" race club.... hope i haven't offend any one with that statement)

Grub
28th March 2008, 19:30
It's probably like most bodies AJ, they would just try to have it somewhere central that everyone can get to (sort of) and switch it between the islands so the costs are reasonable or expensive eveery second year. It's just a pity that Blenheim doesn't have a conference infrastructure. It would be much more accessible than Nelson

idleidolidyll
28th March 2008, 19:32
with all this talk about MNZ, is anyone here actaully attending the conference,

24th and 25th of May in Nelson,

i would reccomend the road race workshop on saturday for you guys that are interested in it,

Nelson?

Way to avoid big crowds of vociferous riders MNZ: situate it hundreds of km or many hours from the big population centres

flame
28th March 2008, 19:45
Nelson?

Way to avoid big crowds of vociferous riders MNZ: situate it hundreds of km or many hours from the big population centres

perhaps you should look at a Map! Its possibly one of the most central points of the four main cities.....doh! or do you really believe its only Aucklanders that actually matter?

idleidolidyll
28th March 2008, 19:52
perhaps you should look at a Map! Its possibly one of the most central points of the four main cities.....doh! or do you really believe its only Aucklanders that actually matter?

I'm from Invercargill actually

never mind, we're used to ignorance from jealous folk

Nelson is far away from everywhere; it's 'centralness' is an illusion.

Wellington would have been a better pick for 'central': cheap fares available and a large population of racers living right there.

Nelson sounds more like a junket

koba
28th March 2008, 19:55

In fact the geographical center of New Zealand used to be recoginsed as a hill on the edge of Nelson. Recently it has been revised but it is still around about there.
Also a nice place really...

idleidolidyll
28th March 2008, 20:06
In fact the geographical center of New Zealand used to be recoginsed as a hill on the edge of Nelson. Recently it has been revised but it is still around about there.
Also a nice place really...

nelson's a nice place but geography is irrelevant: it's the travel time and ease that makes a location suitable or not and imo, nelson loses on both counts.

i can understand that they'd want to spread the love but is it really effective?

i guess the story will be told by the numbers of people from out of nelson who attend.

scott411
28th March 2008, 21:44
it has been in wellington for the last 2 years, i think they put in the south island fevery 3 to 5 years to keep everyone happy (which you will never do anyway)

but your right, its cheaper for me to fly to chch than to nelson, and a lot more flights,

ajturbo
29th March 2008, 12:36
It's probably like most bodies AJ, they would just try to have it somewhere central that everyone can get to (sort of) and switch it between the islands so the costs are reasonable or expensive eveery second year. It's just a pity that Blenheim doesn't have a conference infrastructure. It would be much more accessible than Nelson
no grub.. i have lived in nelson .. for over 15 years (HONEST)... only new plymouth more out on a limb ( an i have lived there also...)...

it IS the centre of nz.. in fact i use to take my dogs up there...

but who wants to travel to some place that doesn't have a club to make you welcome?... or have they got the mentality of the WCC, they think that a weekend away in another town will build team work... ummm we elected them to do a job.... they will have to like each other, or get out!

ajturbo
29th March 2008, 13:05
It's just a pity that Blenheim doesn't have a conference infrastructure.

ummm yes they do....:bash:... how many pubs there would be able to fit 20-30 people in?... ummm most of them.. then there are the bigger centres...

Nelson sounds more like a junket

:first::first::first:... you have hit the nail this time!!!

oyster
29th March 2008, 21:13
If ya can't go to Nelson, just make sure your club delegate (who will be going) is well informed on your collective views. Easy.

As well, how bout a new thread right. "what we need to say/discuss at Nelson" After about 50 posts, wrap it up and I'll take it along (my offer)