PDA

View Full Version : Custom LED tail light

musicman
28th March 2008, 17:29
Stumbled on this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsF3WLHV2uY&feature=related) while browsing Youtube earlier, it seems like a really cool tail light mod. Is something like this legal in New Zealand and does anyone know anything about it? The website boldline.org seems to be dead.

Not sure if this is a repost, I did a quick search for custom tail lights but didn't find anything on this.

EJT
28th March 2008, 19:07
There's a tail light?

offrd
28th March 2008, 19:17
I have an LED tail light on my BMW... Does not do the STOP and arrows but has stop, tail and number plate lights all done with led's, its potted in clear resin to keep dry and man its BRIGHT!

With 38 rear facing high intensity red LEDs and 6 white LEDs for the number plate this unit will ensure you are seen! Easily fitted in minutes, this high quality item plugs into the existing bulb socket and therefore the installation is completely reversible. It has been designed to work with BMW's ABS and Integral Braking Systems (IBS) but is also suitable for non ABS/IBS bikes. The lens and housing are shown for illustration purposes only and are not included.

I am thinking of a cost effective way to make them as a universal unit along with flasher units to drive the LED lightbulbs for indicators.....