PDA

View Full Version : Moto House Tyres (ex Motomail)

kiwistorm
18th August 2003, 16:12
Hi all,

wanting to lend a balanced review of the suppliers that we use to keep the pointy end going forward, here is what I experienced today.

Kerry at Motohouse has done me an extremely good deal on a set of Pirelli Diablo Corsa tyres along with another Standard Diablo rear (they dont last long on the 1000's). I price checked all around Auckland and no one could touch the price. The free Corsa bike cover is bloody good quality too!

When fitting the tyres - Kerry took even more care than I would have to ensure that the fiting was done spot on. Rims were carefully looked after, torque rench used on bolts, break clean was used to remove excess preserving wax etc.

I asked Kerry about the accurancy of his pressure gauges (I saw something posted previously), and they are all re-calibrated every 2 months and all his gauges are exactly the same.

Next question I had for him was his tyre ballancing machine - I noticed no sponge pads or rubber being used to hold the tyre (as seen around town). I turns out that his one is the flash version and cost approx $8k. It has all the correct conectors so no short cuts needed and it ballances the tyre at a slow rpm (for accuracy) on both sides of the rim!

As always, I double checked everything and it was spot on.

I am neither pro or against Kerry and his work, my observations are purely what I experienced today with his tyre fittting ability and I will be going back.  

I rarely compliment suppliers when things are done well. :niceone:

Cheers

KS

Firefight
18th August 2003, 16:49
I have had the same high quality service, and am happy to recomend Kerry, I also will be going back, very soon for my next set of tyres.

firefight:rockon:

Firefight
18th August 2003, 17:06
And guess who I'll give the old tyres too !

Firefight
18th August 2003, 17:09
Gosh, now I;am a scooter boy !:rockon: when did that happen ?

ye hah:gob:

SPman
18th August 2003, 20:52
[I price checked all around Auckland and no one could touch the price.]

How much and what size? And how about a report when youve done a few k's as comparo with what you had B4?

(mainly coz I'm thinking of trying a pair )

What?
19th August 2003, 06:12
Oi, SP, aren't Diablo's a bit over the top on a TS90?:p

wkid_one
19th August 2003, 07:02
Am running them on the VTR also - will let you know

fergie
19th August 2003, 12:43
And now for the stupid question,,, where are Motohouse situated?

Firefight
19th August 2003, 15:19
Next To Motomail, 6 western springs road Morningside Jaffa land.

firefight.:rockon:

750Y
23rd August 2003, 14:25
I put on some diablo corsas & scrubbed them in at puke. I think they're a good tyre. They seem to have really good grip but i will say that the feedback at both ends is a little less than other performance street tyres I've ridden on.