PDA

View Full Version : Nothing lasts forever

roadracingoldfart
31st March 2008, 20:05
Hello to everyone.
Its with a certain amount of sadness that i announce the partnership beween myself and Nicksta has encountered a slight snag so to speak.

Over the last 2 years i have had an awesome sponsorship deal with Canbrace but that has now come to an end due to buisness reasons that were out of the control of my friend Danny Cancian (ex CEO & founder ) .
He now has no association with Canbrace so thats the end of that.

I came back to racing about 5 years ago and the biggest thing to assist me was a deal i struck with SHOWER BUDDY shower chairs,( also owned by Danny )
I was lucky to get a deal that assisted with my racing costs and gave great returns to the company for the cost laid out.
I am very happy to announce that the sponsored ride announced late last year and won by Nicki Smith (Nicksta) has not died .
This was a worry for myself and Dianne as the future was looking great for both the team and Nicki.
As it transpires its just a name change and all ahead full......

Yes Its now TEAM SHOWER BUDDY so now the "soap on a rope " & Team Showercap " jokes can start all over again lol. At least Nicki will look better in the shower than i would . ( for the sponsors profile of course ).
I want to take the chance here to thank Danny and his old team at Canbrace for the help and encorougment they have given me and the faith they immediatly put into Nicki when the idea of her riding was mooted.

Finally , Thanks to all of you out there that supported the concept behind the sponsored ride and the level of confidence you have all shown towards Nicki and her sporting desires within our sport. Roll on VMCC 2008 and watch out for the new livery on the bike.

Thanks and stay safe all of you
Paul & Dianne .
TEAM SHOWER BUDDY RACING.

Ivan
31st March 2008, 21:02
Good to hear its still working out.

Trudes
31st March 2008, 21:05
Great stuff, love the new name too!!:2thumbsup

FROSTY
31st March 2008, 21:06
very cool. :clap:

ajturbo
31st March 2008, 21:17
hey paul!!...
great news that you have put so much effort!!!

well done matey!!
:2thumbsup

Mental Trousers
31st March 2008, 21:25
I'm sure there'll be lots of people disappointed to hear that Nicki already has a Shower Buddy :nono:

Good to hear that things will continue Paul.

HDTboy
31st March 2008, 21:34
So, Nicky's your shower buddy then? You're doin well for an old fella :p

jrandom
31st March 2008, 21:49
Team Shower Buddy!

ZOMGLOL

Awesome one man. Seriously, I think that's the best race team name I've ever heard.

:2thumbsup

Cleve
1st April 2008, 07:25
I think you need to sponsor Jill (Keystone19) as well and then we can all imagine 2 gorgeous shower buddy women :devil2:

Tony.OK
1st April 2008, 07:45
So the famous Tweety is getting a makeover,that's why Nicki wants it to rain all the time:rolleyes:

Nicksta
1st April 2008, 09:04
lol.... thank you guys for your support....

I would like to say a huge thank you for Paul and Dianne for having faith in me and for the honour to ride your bike. I am grateful for all your hard work in confirming a major sponsor for us and totally look forward to the Winter Series!
Team Shower Buddy is going to be a blast and a lot of fun i think!
A great fun way to raise the profile of racing and our team!
Thanks again :)

moT
1st April 2008, 09:22
sponsor me tooo

rustys
1st April 2008, 18:12
:niceone:, Paul and Diane, keep up the good work you guys, thats a great news that you can continue with the sponsership with Nicksta.
Starting work in Pram, in May Paul, so see you guys shortly.
Cheers Russell

Clivoris
1st April 2008, 19:34
Does this mean I wont get to wash your back any more Paul?:weep:
Can I borrow some sprockets?

roadracingoldfart
1st April 2008, 20:26
Does this mean I wont get to wash your back any more Paul?:weep:
Can I borrow some sprockets?

No no no no you got it wrong Clive , you mean does that mean am i going to ask you to pick up the soap i dropped again !!!! :buggerd:

Ohh yes i can see thew old cliches are starting to return again lol.

And get ya own sprockets ya bugga. :argue: :msn-wink:

roadracingoldfart
1st April 2008, 20:29
I think you need to sponsor Jill (Keystone19) as well and then we can all imagine 2 gorgeous shower buddy women :devil2:

Hmmm yes i see your point there.

makes mental note to ask for double the money to expand the team

roadracingoldfart
1st April 2008, 20:32
lol.... thank you guys for your support....

I would like to say a huge thank you for Paul and Dianne for having faith in me and for the honour to ride your bike. I am grateful for all your hard work in confirming a major sponsor for us and totally look forward to the Winter Series!
Team Shower Buddy is going to be a blast and a lot of fun i think!
A great fun way to raise the profile of racing and our team!
Thanks again :)

I meant to ask if you wanted to form a packt , between Shower Buddy and Bikini Bike Wash. That would be more popular than Frenchy crashing during lunch :whistle::sweatdrop