PDA

View Full Version : I'm here

Quickrik
2nd April 2008, 07:12
I'm finally here after months of planning and organising. We finally arrived in NZ, container full of bikes due in May. So looking to hook up with some folks. Hanging out with some friends in Hoon Hay, Christchurch. Checked out Dyers pass yesterday - AWESOME both on road and some the the off road terrain. I feel I've made the right choice so far, well apart from filling the petrol hire car with diesel :spanking:

Hope to see a lot more of you guys!

Rik

Bikernereid
2nd April 2008, 07:21
So how was the move really? I am looking at moving to NZ too and would love to hear your experience.

I bet you just love being over there compared to being here in the UK. How is Christchurch compared to where you were in the UK? I hear it is like it was over here about 30 years ago.

Good luck with everything and beware those pesky hire cars!!

426crasher
3rd April 2008, 21:55
Good to hear you finally made it to this fine land.:niceone: Give us a yell sometime n we can hook up for a beer or two. Bet you can't wait for the container to arrive. I'm up for doing some trail rides. If your WR is road reg some longer stuff aswell. Glad to show you some tracks.

Quickrik
4th April 2008, 11:01
Too true I can't wait for the container to arrive. But fearing the MAF inspection I decided not to clean and bring the WR. I'm looking for a WR450 now and It needs to be road reg'd so I'll be well up for some long run outs as soon as I can find a good bike.

:apint: I'll PM you my details! :apint:

Maelstrom
8th April 2008, 08:54
How is Christchurch compared to where you were in the UK? I hear it is like it was over here about 30 years ago.

We were told that by people in the UK before we left but since being here I can't really see any evidence of it to be honest. Best thing we ever did coming here :yes:

fredie
9th April 2008, 03:38
have a good time:clap:i might come over soon:2thumbsup

Quickrik
9th April 2008, 09:05
We were told that by people in the UK before we left but since being here I can't really see any evidence of it to be honest. Best thing we ever did coming here :yes:

Nor I, Broadband, HD TV, '08 R1s, whats missing? The only regression I've noticed so far is the price of fuel is behind the UK, but thats no bad thing.

Rik

munterk6
19th April 2008, 20:53
welcome to our fine land Maelstrom...Im in ChCh and always lookin for a riding buddy, pm me when ya get settled in and up and bike ready!
You wont regret moving here :done:

Livvy
20th April 2008, 17:27
Choice mate, good on ya for moving over. Don't restrict yourself to the S.I. though, got some good roads up here too!

If you ever find yourself up these ways be sure to find some of us Northern bikers... :yes:

SDU
21st April 2008, 11:44
Welcome hope you are settling in well. You'll find half of ya country folk have moved here now so you should feel at home in no time;)

yod
21st April 2008, 11:52
SI is great...

it's fookin huge and there's no bugger there!!!