PDA

View Full Version : Myford lathe, great score!

T.W.R
2nd April 2008, 18:44
:2thumbsup Claimed a brilliant freebie today from work :clap:

A Myford TypeM/Drummond Metal Lathe

She's an older lathe but has done sweet FA work, half the gears are still in their original greased packing, and just about all the original parts are still there.

It has twelve different gearing ratios which take it from a lowest of around 40rpm through to a highest somewhere above 800rpm.

Should be perfect for knocking up bits 'n' pieces for bikes :blip:

Just got to strip it down & give a good clean & fresh grease, then make a solid bench for it to be mounted on (she's a heavy hunk of metal) then time to play :cool:

98tls
2nd April 2008, 18:46
:banana:Got just the job to run it in.

T.W.R
2nd April 2008, 18:52
:banana:Got just the job to run it in.

:eek5: give it a wee bit of time bud, there's bound to be a few :crazy: moments at the start
Once I'm used to the feel of it then yeah no worries about knocking a few bits up for you. Got a few ideas myself for bits on the bikes :whistle:

98tls
2nd April 2008, 18:54
:eek5: give it a wee bit of time bud, there's bound to be a few :crazy: moments at the start
Once I'm used to the feel of it then yeah no worries about knocking a few bits up for you. Got a few ideas myself for bits on the bikes :whistle: :shit:Oh yea,best you fuck up your own bits sorting it out mate:shutup::innocent:

T.W.R
2nd April 2008, 18:57
:shit:Oh yea,best you fuck up your own bits sorting it out mate:shutup::innocent:

:killingme nah you bring it, I'll fuck it :done:

98tls
2nd April 2008, 19:04
:killingme nah you bring it, I'll fuck it :done: I have a TLR swinger that needs work on the damper mount to fit a TLS if your feeling clever.........then again maybe i should just wait for the sssa of a trumpet sprint to show up.:msn-wink:

Disco Dan
2nd April 2008, 19:09
Nice! I am jealous!

Makes me want to get drunk, just so I can see double.. then I could ask you for the other one... :pinch::blink:

T.W.R
2nd April 2008, 20:00
I have a TLR swinger that needs work on the damper mount to fit a TLS if your feeling clever.........then again maybe i should just wait for the sssa of a trumpet sprint to show up.:msn-wink:

:shutup: mmm what wee bits of trickery are you upto ??

wouldn't attempt fiddling with bits like that until I know this thing runs completely true ;) but once it's sussed yeah not a problem

Nice! I am jealous!

Makes me want to get drunk, just so I can see double.. then I could ask you for the other one... :pinch::blink:

:drinkup:Cheers

Just about fell over when I checked the Myford site and the cost of a new equivalent of it :crazy:

Got to work getting myself a decent Mig welder & a Oxy/Acetylene rig and my shed will be almost sorted :2thumbsup

stanko
2nd April 2008, 20:14
Heres some info on your lathe http://www.lathes.co.uk/drummond/page13.html

Skunk
2nd April 2008, 20:16
Nice lathe.

I hate you.

:lol:

T.W.R
2nd April 2008, 20:24
Heres some info on your lathe http://www.lathes.co.uk/drummond/page13.html

:niceone: Bookmarked it last night when I was checking the site out :sherlock:

Nice lathe.

I hate you.

:lol:

:bleh: no love :weep:

tint guru
20th October 2013, 14:33
ive got my great grandads myford lathe for sale give us call if interested 0278682075