PDA

View Full Version : Pay and display

revilo
3rd April 2008, 08:10
Just got to work this morning and discovered that my previously free parking spot has been changed to Bikeparking only and Pay & display.
It is now pay and display!!!!!What the ...
The spot is between the Natcol building and the Langham Hotel just of Symonds street.
How badly do these people need the money?
Pay and display for bikes?
How do I display? People like US,the Bikers should get free stuff all over, we are saving the planet after all. At least we should be able to park up for free after batling traffic, rain and Cars on the way to work.
Ok now I feel better.

:Oi:

Warr
3rd April 2008, 08:20
See your dilemma!
Begs the question. Where is there a safe place to do the "Display" bit?
What would stop some thieving person pinching the sticker :(

Str8 Jacket
3rd April 2008, 08:22
See your dilemma!
Begs the question. Where is there a safe place to do the "Display" bit?
What would stop some thieving person pinching the sticker :(

Was also thinking that this could work for you..... You get a ticket for not paying but you dispute it saying that you did pay for your parking but someone must''ve stolen your ticket/coupon/voucher.... How the eck are they going to prove that you are lieing?!

Guided_monkey
3rd April 2008, 09:52
Recommend a quick phone call to the Parking Enforcement Manager.

Ask how/where on a motorbike is a safe place for the pay and display.

Bloody councils...... never think these things through properly.

motorbyclist
3rd April 2008, 10:19
and to think we told them (the council) how stupid an idea that is! have they marked it all out with lines to define a space? does it cost an appropriate fraction of the car fee?

revilo
3rd April 2008, 10:52
Just got to work this morning and discovered that my previously free parking spot has been changed to Bikeparking only and Pay & display.
It is now pay and display!!!!!What the ...
The spot is between the Natcol building and the Langham Hotel just of Symonds street.
How badly do these people need the money?
Pay and display for bikes?
How do I display? People like US,the Bikers should get free stuff all over, we are saving the planet after all. At least we should be able to park up for free after batling traffic, rain and Cars on the way to work.
Ok now I feel better.

:Oi:
Sorry this is a privately owned and operated car park.
NOT THE COUNCYL THIS TIME>

motorbyclist
3rd April 2008, 10:56
ah

good.

Tank
3rd April 2008, 10:57
Ask to speak to the manager and see if you have any joy - but giving the intellect of folk there I'm guessing you will be out of luck.

Failing that HTFU - pay for the space if you want to park there. BUT remember to leave a steaming hot shit on the floor when you leave just so they know you're not happy about it.