PDA

View Full Version : Big Triumph cruiser nearly ready for lift-off

huck farley
5th April 2008, 05:27
Not a very good spy shot but you can see it's a really big parallel twin. The price might put me of buying a new one. But I will be keen to pounce on one maybe next year or the one after.

I really think this bike will give the Harley a run for it's money in the States, at around the $7000usd mark. The yanks always get their bikes cheaper than anywhere else on the planet no matter the what make or model.

Anyway I really think Triumph have hit the jackpot with this machine. I personally think that it will outsell most cruiser models in NZ. But that of course depends on the price.

I say good on Triumph for stepping out of the square and not copycatting another bike. (unlike the Japs) By building a brand new power plant that's so different from any other bike on the planet.

Then of course I would say that being a Triunphnut. But there's no denying the fact that it's a first.

I will be interested to see what it looks like on the showroom floor. I think it will be a totally different bike as to what we saw a few moths ago when I posted a spy shot. If you were able financially, would you buy one if the price was under the 20k mark?

MCN REVEALS TRIUMPH'S BIG TWIN
These spy pictures reveal Triumph testing the almost-finished version of their parallel twin cruiser.

The motorcycle is believed to be between 1820 and 1920cc, which puts the motorcycle in line with other big cruisers from Harley Davidson and the Japanese manufacturers.

The twin is expected to fit between the Bonneville-based Speedmaster and the Rocket 3 in Triumph's range, with a price tag of roughly £9000.

s8306
5th April 2008, 07:22
There is no way that will out sell other cruiser models,not with the way the jap cruisers are priced.

spookytooth
5th April 2008, 07:39
i was hoping it would be more of a beefed up speedmaster 1200 to 1400 cc the weight will be a bigger bike is a problem for me.

henry
5th April 2008, 08:55
So Triumph aren't going to make sports bike anymore then?

Zookey
5th April 2008, 14:01
henry didnt ya know that Triumph have there new race bike ready for this season:bash:

Padmei
6th April 2008, 20:19
how the hell do you get a spy photo out of that? It's just a photo of a gn250 been photoshopped to look wider:pinch:

sels1
6th April 2008, 21:00
Smart move on Triumphs behalf. The cruiser market is expanding rapidly as the "Baby Boomer" demograph hits middle age and has $ to burn. Harley has "Hog"ed this market for a long time. Even with the Jap impersonations being more reliable and often better performed, they cant offer the heritage that brands like HD and Triumph can. The Bonneville based cruisers, while great fun to ride (IMHO) are a bit light in the horsepower dept. A big twin of the size suggested above would certainly give Triumph a great product to compete in this market.

grogan
6th April 2008, 21:23
Whoopdee frickendoo

Robbo
6th April 2008, 21:28
Will wait to see it in the flesh but will probably trade the old Speedy in for one if it handles as good as. The extra HP will be a bonus.

huck farley
7th April 2008, 08:57
So Triumph aren't going to make sports bike anymore then?

I think that Triumph have the sports bike covered ok and don't have to introduce any more sports bikes for a good while yet. What with the Daytona picking up the award last year. The Sprint well who would want to mess with it. Because it's a winner, and the Tiger picking up an award last year as well.

Triumph are after a bit of the American sales market, me thinks, and they must have done there homework. This new med size cruiser is I guess is what Triumph thinks will meet the requirements in the good ole U S of A. Time will tell aye?

huck farley
7th April 2008, 09:38
There is no way that will out sell other cruiser models,not with the way the jap cruisers are priced.

I disagree, The Yanks have never forgiven the Japs (and never will) For the events that took place in Pearl Harbour all those years ago.

Also the Jap cruisers have no soul or Character. Unlike Triumph and Harley Davidson. With well over a 100 years of tradition behind both companies.

But don't get me wrong the Japs make good cruisers. But it's a shame that after only a few years, the aluminium on them pack up. Especially around the hand controls and the master cylinders. Also the chrome starts peeling of. And there's no denying that. So the Japs still have a lot to learn me thinks.

I have a couple of mates that ride Vulcan and Drifter (Kwaka) The only reason they have them. Is because that's all they could afford. But they both would be sooner riding a Harley Davidson. There must be a lot of Jap cruiser riders in the same boat me thinks.

sels1
7th April 2008, 11:48
Whoopdee frickendoo

Haha ...spot the Harley supporter !

hellnback
7th April 2008, 11:59
http://www.cycleworld.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=598

Another spy pic.

sinned
7th April 2008, 12:02
Harley Davidson are the masters of motorcycle brand marketing and Triumph are weak triers. Why are so many HDs sold for such a premium in price? It is not on quality alone although quality of finish (including base and depth of chrome) is important to the HD buying demographic. They are selling an experience, image, supported community, hobby to spend money on.

Jap cruisers just don't command the street cred.

Pwalo
7th April 2008, 13:47
Doesn't that really just go against everything Triumph stood for? The 'cruiserising' of the Bonneville was a bit of a stretch, and the big Rocket was a bit different.

I'm surprised that they want to play this sort of game. They don't have a heritage of cruisers, they're not American, and they don't have the resources of the Japanese manufacturers. There's no guarantee that the US will see the Triumph as any sort of competition for the HD, just the same as they don't see the Japanese cruisers as competition.

woodybee
7th April 2008, 14:09
I reckon that Harleys are great looking and are out on their own, but I do feel that Triumph with all their history and their never say die attitude , have come up Trumps (ha ha excuse the pun!). I hankered after a Bonneville, for about 20 years before I got one, because 1. I'm British and 2. I love them.

Kinda like all the bullshit that goes with Harleys and enjoy poking fun at them too, love all the gear and everything that come with it.

But, having bought a couple of books now about Triumphs History and how its evolved I reckon that Triumph's now entering the fun era or craftmanship, and about to embark of the next chapter of their incrediblness (a new word I made up).

I looked in absolute astonishment at the new Rocket a couple of years ago, and slowly it won me round, and I feel like its an old friend that I have know for ages now, and have a huge amount of warmth for the style.

A couple of weeks ago IDB and I were shopping in Christchurch, Bike Shops, Music Shops, Books Shops (My kind of Shopping), and we wandered into the Triumph Shop (god I love that street).

I found myself lovingly looking at the lines of the new cruiser and I really think that have put a hell of a lot of thought into it, rubbed a lamp and eh voila, its fantastic, it oozes style, and has the come fuck me lines, or rather come ride me lines.......... its charasmatic, and a real hunky looker. The tank seems different it seems to balance the overall size a bit better.

Unfortunately, we were unable to test ride if (or rather fortunately!!!!), as I am sure I would have fallen in love with Triumph all over again. So we sat there, like a couple of fresh faced teenagers in love for the first time with a motorbike, we were stationery on this Cruiser for what seemed like an age, imaging roaring along the rockies of canada, or mumbling through Mexico and by god talk about comfortable, but also a bit bogun at the same time. Its a real dreamaker.

I have been on a rocket and the increase in speed is just so incredible, who needs to go tot he moon when you have a rocket eh!!

To wrap it up, they race, they cruise, the get awards, the clothing now is sexy, their image has been reborn, its young and fresh,.......and exciting and if I had the money, then I for one, would be out to buy one.

I love them. You can keep your Jap Machines, Triumph have heart and soul oooooozing out of the framework, history to trample all others, Fun and Vitality.

Thats why Triumph are called Triumph because they do every time.

And thats why this lady has a tatoo of it on her hip.:not:

Woodybee

woodybee
7th April 2008, 14:17
Doh, thought you guys were on about the new Rocket Cruiser, obviously not.....oh well, you got a write up on it anyway.

Doh!!:o:doh::bye:

Dooly
7th April 2008, 14:19
That brought a tear to me eye Woodybee.:done:

woodybee
7th April 2008, 14:23
That brought a tear to me eye Woodybee.:done: Frig me mate you have a triumph and a ducatti, ooo how chic, that is definately the killer combination for me........Good for you.....

Coi for now.

Woodybee
:woohoo:

Dooly
7th April 2008, 14:33
Frig me mate you have a triumph and a ducatti, ooo how chic, that is definately the killer combination for me........Good for you.....

Coi for now.

Woodybee
:woohoo:

2 Triumphs.
(But one sounds like a jappa, being a 4cyl)

Great combo, love them all with a passion.

Bonez
7th April 2008, 16:35
Why do a lot folk always get the old and new Triumphs maques muddled all the time?
Apart from the name there is little commonality at all.

Good on Hinckley for putting out a new model. Hope they sell heaps of them. Wonder if it will be made in Triumphs Thailand plants?

Off topic- It'll be interesting to see what the CB750/4 will look like next year.

s8306
7th April 2008, 16:41
I disagree, The Yanks have never forgiven the Japs (and never will) For the events that took place in Pearl Harbour all those years ago.

Also the Jap cruisers have no soul or Character. Unlike Triumph and Harley Davidson. With well over a 100 years of tradition behind both companies.

But don't get me wrong the Japs make good cruisers. But it's a shame that after only a few years, the aluminium on them pack up. Especially around the hand controls and the master cylinders. Also the chrome starts peeling of. And there's no denying that. So the Japs still have a lot to learn me thinks.

I have a couple of mates that ride Vulcan and Drifter (Kwaka) The only reason they have them. Is because that's all they could afford. But they both would be sooner riding a Harley Davidson. There must be a lot of Jap cruiser riders in the same boat me thinks.

Is that you keith?

Bonez
7th April 2008, 18:48
I hankered after a Bonneville, for about 20 years before I got oneI hate to break it to you lass but it aint the same bike ;). I'm glad you're happy with it.

Certainly like your enthusiasum. How long have you owned the T100?

tri boy
7th April 2008, 19:21
I hate to break it to you lass but it aint the same bike ;). I'm glad you're happy with it.

Certainly like your enthusiasum. How long have you owned the T100?

Ya got that right mate. The new one has a gearbox that will last, electrics that won't drive you crazy, and no frecking Amals that had a mind of their own.
Bottom line, they are a far superior product than the old bikes.
Okay, many people buy the new ones hoping to relive there past, (and thats not a bad thing), but after riding the scrambler over a huge range of road surfaces, I can honestly say that it will eat any Midlands Bonnie for breakfast in reliability, handling(although RT had alot to do with that), and they are getting 100hp out of the engines now with only the clutch's needing a make over.
History hasn't repeated thank god.
The Thai factory seems to be knocking out pretty good kit.:Punk:

Bonez
7th April 2008, 19:38
Ya got that right mate. The new one has a gearbox that will last, electrics that won't drive you crazy, and no frecking Amals that had a mind of their own.
Bottom line, they are a far superior product than the old bikes.
Okay, many people buy the new ones hoping to relive there past, (and thats not a bad thing), but after riding the scrambler over a huge range of road surfaces, I can honestly say that it will eat any Midlands Bonnie for breakfast in reliability, handling(although RT had alot to do with that), and they are getting 100hp out of the engines now with only the clutch's needing a make over.
History hasn't repeated thank god.
The Thai factory seems to be knocking out pretty good kit.:Punk:Wasn't that where your new wheels came from? Whens you com'n over our neck of the woods falla?

tri boy
7th April 2008, 19:43
Nah, the shitty wheels were Borrani, (Italian). The new front one is "Union" made in Thailand.
Hope to catch up with some of you lot at either the Cold Duck or maybe Turangi Gathering.:yes:

Bonez
7th April 2008, 19:55
Use to remember dad and his mates working all hours to get their Brit bikes sorted. Arials, BSAs, Trumpys, Matchys etc. Thought "fuck that", there must be a better way :nono:.

Funny how things change but stay the same. Now I'm doing the same on my old Jappas ;).

Back on topic. Has there been a release date set for this new "Big Thing"? I'm sure there will be those that just "must" have it because it's the new bike on the block. Would most
probably mean older twin prices will plummet as well.

98tls
7th April 2008, 20:21
Why do a lot folk always get the old and new Triumphs maques muddled all the time?
Apart from the name there is little commonality at all.

Good on Hinckley for putting out a new model. Hope they sell heaps of them. Wonder if it will be made in Triumphs Thailand plants?

Off topic- It'll be interesting to see what the CB750/4 will look like next year. Was thinking the same,i agree Triumph have time on there side if you want a piece of history but good books aside there history of building bikes has many more bad moments than good,dont get me wrong i am not dissing them just being realistic.Having grown up with a father addicted to bikes there was a never ending stream of brit bikes coming and going (intermittingly),650 ss Nortons being rebuilt in the lounge when the old lady moved out,many tridents as he just wasnt interested in twins etc,a pretty well known bloke in motorcycling circles down here and when he was asked about someones impending purchase of anything built by Triumph his reply was always the same "go ahead but unless its been taken to bits and put back together properly be prepared to push it alot".I personally like the new Trumpets but they have neither the history or character good or bad of the old ones.

tri boy
7th April 2008, 20:29
History and character need to be made and earned. The new ones are up to it, the riders just have to step up to the plate.
Posing around cafes and buying "replica clothing" doesn't cut it.
I plan to jump 3500 feral goats, while smoking a joint on the scrambler to earn my stripes. (I've been practicing with sheep:eek:) ask Crisis Mangament.

huck farley
7th April 2008, 22:58
Is that you keith?

Yes is that you Brian?

huck farley
7th April 2008, 23:13
Back on topic. Has there been a release date set for this new "Big Thing"? I'm sure there will be those that just "must" have it because it's the new bike on the block. Would most
probably mean older twin prices will plummet as well.

I think September is the launch, Yes there will be a lot of interest in this cruiser. But I don't know whether or not it will be that sought after here. But having said that. Per head of population NZ is tops when it comes to Rocket sales.

So who knows. But I personally disagree with your comment re the New cruiser will push down prices on the Speedmaster and the America. As those riders are probably quite happy riding them. And have no desire to change. Nothing is being discontinued at this stage I understand.

Anyway, we shall have to wait and see won't we?

Zookey
8th April 2008, 11:44
Was In getting the Speedmaster legal; Damn a year gone allready allready.but sitting there was an American import a lovely green and cream Thunderbird 900 triple softtail Cruiser,Now what i have seen of the spy pics it doesnt take much imagination to see what the new model will look like.heres hoping as it would be in my garage right smart.

YellowDog
8th April 2008, 12:23
Doesn't that really just go against everything Triumph stood for? The 'cruiserising' of the Bonneville was a bit of a stretch, and the big Rocket was a bit different.

I'm surprised that they want to play this sort of game. They don't have a heritage of cruisers, they're not American, and they don't have the resources of the Japanese manufacturers. There's no guarantee that the US will see the Triumph as any sort of competition for the HD, just the same as they don't see the Japanese cruisers as competition.
I think the Yanks like the Triumph English sounding name. But as a Cruiser competitor, that space is pretty full.

avgas
8th April 2008, 12:34
so its a big ugly twin.......whey don't they exband the rest of the series the other way. Big 500 single cafe or a smaller capacity triumph.
If they made a 250 they could even tap a relatively untouched market.
I mean old people go to relearn to ride on something, if it had a triumph name it would be a easy sale.
Chucking a 60+ y/o on 800cc it not the best move after 40 years out of the saddle. My boss has just had this dilemma and is buying a GT250 Hyosung. Yet he could afford something with a much bigger price tag. But there is nothing NEW out there.

ratusratus
8th April 2008, 15:11
trogs...........triumphs and hogs
they all good

Bonez
8th April 2008, 15:28
History and character need to be made and earned. The new ones are up to it, the riders just have to step up to the plate.
Posing around cafes and buying "replica clothing" doesn't cut it.
I plan to jump 3500 feral goats, while smoking a joint on the scrambler to earn my stripes. (I've been practicing with sheep:eek:) ask Crisis Mangament.How irresponsible, think of the children..........

Bonez
8th April 2008, 16:38
I think the Yanks like the Triumph English sounding name. But as a Cruiser competitor, that space is pretty full.
There's no over 1000cc paralell twin cruiser on the market at the moment so it creates its own niche.

FilthyLuka
9th April 2008, 16:07
There's no over 1000cc paralell twin cruiser on the market at the moment so it creates its own niche.

There is, Neander 1400 turbo diesel... But its fucken expensive and they are as rare as hens teeth, so i guess you could say it creates its own niche...

Man i want a Neander... 1400cc turbo diesel! Twin cranks, two conrods per piston going to counter roatating crank shafts :headbang:

Now thats just fucken metal

scumdog
9th April 2008, 16:15
I really think this bike will give the Harley a run for it's money in the States, at around the $7000usd mark. The yanks always get their bikes cheaper than anywhere else on the planet no matter the what make or model. .

Hmm, will have to do some homework on this but a few years back in '01 when I was in the USA and checking out bike prices I calculated a Yank could fly to NZ, buy a Harley Superglide brand new, have 4-5 days look around and fly back for the same price the Superglide would have cost him in the US.

I asked why they didn't do just that and I was told apparnetly there was some legislation in place to stop Yanks bringing in brand new bikes in those circumstances

The dollar's gone up a bit since then so things obviously will be different now.

Bonez
9th April 2008, 16:24
There is, Neander 1400 turbo diesel... But its fucken expensive and they are as rare as hens teeth, so i guess you could say it creates its own niche...

Man i want a Neander... 1400cc turbo diesel! Twin cranks, two conrods per piston going to counter roatating crank shafts :headbang:

Now thats just fucken metal
I stand corrected. Interesting concept alright. Are they still in production? Their site doesn't offer up much info at all.

Bonez
9th April 2008, 16:40
Hmm, will have to do some homework on this but a few years back in '01 when I was in the USA and checking out bike prices I calculated a Yank could fly to NZ, buy a Harley Superglide brand new, have 4-5 days look around and fly back for the same price the Superglide would have cost him in the US.

I asked why they didn't do just that and I was told apparnetly there was some legislation in place to stop Yanks bringing in brand new bikes in those circumstances

The dollar's gone up a bit since then so things obviously will be different now.Finns just bought his Night Rod Special in at about 30% less, I think it was, than you can buy them here. So the reverse may well be the case now.

Zookey
10th April 2008, 17:02
Have a mate (YES) who has imported his Harley from Dubai cheaper than from anywhere,"BUT" Because its not been registered it was at first classed by customs as a theft and what papers he had were sent to interpol and it took six months to be released: by customs.not really worth the hassle. As i had a 700 Trans Alp Built by Montessa go the same way however mine was sent back to Wing in Auckland.:devil2:

huck farley
14th April 2008, 16:12
I think the way our dollar is if the big twin was on the market today it would retail for maybe $21K

If it's over the $20K when I am ready to buy later on in the year. I will wait for a demo bike to come up or a low milaege one owner to spring up. Because people buy new bikes straight of the showroom floor when the sumps are still dry. Only to find out a week later, that it's just not them.

huck farley
14th April 2008, 16:44
The dollar's gone up a bit since then so things obviously will be different now.

In 01 our dollar slumped to the 40c mark against the USA dollar in 2001. It's now over 80c usd.

So as a result a very big difference. over 100%

scumdog
15th April 2008, 13:59
In 01 our dollar slumped to the 40c mark against the USA dollar in 2001. It's now over 80c usd.

So as a result a very big difference. over 100%

Shows how cheap Harleys really were back in '01 eh!!

sinfull
15th April 2008, 14:10
I think the way our dollar is if the big twin was on the market today it would retail for maybe $21K

If it's over the $20K when I am ready to buy later on in the year. I will wait for a demo bike to come up or a low milaege one owner to spring up. Because people buy new bikes straight of the showroom floor when the sumps are still dry. Only to find out a week later, that it's just not them.

Or wait for the wallys to wobble and fall off at low speed, Grab it at an insurance auction, as i've done with the two triples ! Near half price cause they have a few scratches on em, lol gonna get a shit load more time i've finished lovin em !
Mmmmm Anyone fallen off a new thunderbird lately ?

spookytooth
15th April 2008, 16:41
afraid theres been no new thunderbirds for a few years :)

huck farley
18th April 2008, 15:06
the Tbird sports were the last of them in 2004 and only 15 were sold in NZ. I was one of the 15. Picked mine up from Hamilton Motorcycles. Traded a Speedmaster on it. The Speedmaster was anything but. The T bird sports made up for what the Speedmaster lacked. And that was just about everything.

But the big twin has me fizzing, I can't wait for someone to fall of one!!

huck farley
18th April 2008, 15:12
Hey Scummydog where's the Riviera of the South mate? You don't meen Gore do you?
Huck

huck farley
18th April 2008, 15:40
http://www.cycleworld.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=598

Another spy pic.

I enjoyed the middleweight shootout article and the new kid on the block a Triumph 675 Daytona cleaned up. Beating bikes like Suzuki GSX600 Yamaha r6 and the likes. It's a good read. Recommended.

avgas
18th April 2008, 15:48
Hey Scummydog where's the Riviera of the South mate? You don't meen Gore do you?
Huck
Lorneville hehe

spookytooth
18th April 2008, 16:16
Yep a big twin triumph mite have me thinking about trading the tbird sport in but only if i cant afford to have both when the time comes

s8306
18th April 2008, 16:41
the Tbird sports were the last of them in 2004 and only 15 were sold in NZ. I was one of the 15. Picked mine up from Hamilton Motorcycles. Traded a Speedmaster on it. The Speedmaster was anything but. The T bird sports made up for what the Speedmaster lacked. And that was just about everything.

But the big twin has me fizzing, I can't wait for someone to fall of one!!

Yeah but you,ll only keep it for a year then trade it for something else.

SilverGrin
19th April 2008, 11:26
Huck

No, not Gore. I'm sure scumdog has only 5 toes on each foot.

hellnback
21st April 2008, 09:49
No, not Gore. I'm sure scumdog has only 5 toes on each foot.
... as opposed to??

scumdog
21st April 2008, 12:43
Huck

Nah, on a bigger river further north-east of there....

sels1
21st April 2008, 12:49
Nah, on a bigger river further north-east of there....

A big river with humpy bridge over it.

oldrider
21st April 2008, 13:12
A big river with humpy bridge over it.

Apparently there is a lot of humping going on down there!

Some of it has even been interrupted by car thieves! :blip: John :rofl:

sels1
23rd April 2008, 08:00
Apparently there is a lot of humping going on down there!
Some of it has even been interrupted by car thieves! :blip: John :rofl:

Yes...its in all the papers.....:lol:

ukusa
28th April 2008, 00:15
wonder what retail would be. Considering America/Speedy around 17K & Rocket around 30K, I'm picking 22 - 25K.

huck farley
29th April 2008, 20:13
wonder what retail would be. Considering America/Speedy around 17K & Rocket around 30K, I'm picking 22 - 25K.

Yeah you are probably right, but give them six months and they will drop a couple of grand. They (the dealers) will have to start moving out the old stock around September to make way for the next model. If there are any hanging around they will dress em up for the same money. Or offer a discount.

I have bought 6 new Triumphs since 2000 I know the way they work now. Besides I'm having to much fun on my 07 Tiger 1050. Shame it's about 4" inches to bloody tall though. If they were lower the Tiger would attract a different market all together. They would be selling 3 times more Tigers than they are now. They really are a super bike though. Depite being to tall.

huck farley
12th May 2008, 20:15

Yeah I reckon around about the 23K mark. Give them 6 months and they will drop a couple of grand like most of the other Trumpet models have done. Or chuck some useless hard panniers in. Not even big enough to send the kids of to school with there lunches in ...

MD
11th July 2008, 17:48
Here you go. MCNews UK have a good web page (if link works)

This page has the latest spy pics of the 2009 mDaytona 675, Street tripleR AND totally ne wlook 885cc Bonneville aAND near complete 1700cc Cruiser.

To be honest I was looking forward to falling for the big twin but it doesn't do much for me in this picture (the black bike top right). Looks more like an out of style 1980s jap cruiser.

Read the article and Triumph has supposedly registered a new model Bonnie as 885cc. Begs the question, why bother upping the capacity by a mere 20cc?

http://issuu.com/motorcyclenews/docs/mcn_july_9_sampler?mode=embed&documentId=080708114521-62264392e8d1425990b02553d5af5da6&layout=white

Big Dave
12th July 2008, 14:55
Renfrew designs. They will be nice.

Triumph even dress up 'mules' to throw MCN off the scent.

Shadows
12th July 2008, 23:42
I plan to jump 3500 feral goats (I've been practicing with sheep:eek:).

Mate, there's a law against that you know

HenryDorsetCase
13th July 2008, 10:15
Would triumph be doing road testing of new models in Australia? In March?

I was on a tram (the 92 going out to St Kilda) in March, and a bike that looked extraordinarily like that big 1700 twin cruiser thing pulled up beside my tram car. No tank badge but what struck me was the "bigness" of the engine and those round cam covers. I was fumbling in my bag for my digi cam when the lights went and the guy was gone.

I dont know.... could it have been?

laRIKin
22nd July 2008, 20:03
Well it is here. (sort of)
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/21july08_triumph2009thunderbird1600.htm

Not a bad looking bike at all.

laRIKin
23rd July 2008, 16:45
What no comments at all, or did you miss the post?

Badjelly
23rd July 2008, 17:27
What no comments at all, or did you miss the post?

It's engine looks very big, doesn't it :mellow:

MotoKuzzi
23rd July 2008, 17:36
Magnificent looking motorcycle I reckon, be seriously interested around 2015 once they in my price bracket!!

xknuts
23rd July 2008, 18:11
I make the assumption its water cooled, Pity!
Oil Cooled with a smaller radiator would be better asthetically!!!

Zookey
24th July 2008, 11:53
I remember a way back Kenworth Australia showcased their new truck ,someone mentioned it didn't have a cab,so a couple mechanics ran out the back and came in with the long drop,and sat that up on the chassis,Now this bike; It has the ugliest bloody seats ive ever seen, :spanking: reminiscent of the Kenworth,now heres a pic of what the seats could have looked like from me darlin. :clap:

ukusa
24th July 2008, 23:50
Thunderbird 1600.....droool droool:drool::drool:

Bonez
27th July 2008, 13:59
Looks pretty ho-hum but I'm sure it'll make a great cruiser.

oolon
1st January 2009, 14:23
:shit:A local dealer tells me they should be around the $23K mark. It will be interesting; Triumph's first venture into belt drives. I've got 10 months to convince my new bride that I really need this bike. :eek:

Zookey
4th January 2009, 15:22
:shit:A local dealer tells me they should be around the $23K mark. It will be interesting; Triumph's first venture into belt drives. I've got 10 months to convince my new bride that I really need this bike. :eek:

High Tiger man thought this pic might be of interest,as my new Speedmaster was an American export model complete with gel passenger seat and sissy bar ,oil and temp gauges front pipes crash bars,it has the W.904 motor,and guess what belt drive,Pic is not very good tho.ps Only down side is the miles per hour speedo. :Oops:

Redmoggy
18th January 2009, 18:56
I can appreciate what Hinkley are doing by reviving the brand and i do think they are doing a great job of producing a range to cover just about everyone. I just cant get my head round the names. I mean a T100 Bonneville? The T100 was a 500 for crist sake.
Good to see the name still around though (even if they got the logo wrong!) Meriden (proper;) ) triumph owner now ducking for cover.

Rod

Big Dave
18th January 2009, 20:07
I just cant get my head round the names.

Rod

It's a device to say that we are the same - but different.

Same with the logo - they own the rights to all of the variants - same but different is that massage as well.

Redmoggy
18th January 2009, 21:02
Yeah i understand all that Dave,just saying i cant make it sit right on my tongue. Im really not one of those old is best guys. On topic anything the Hinkley boys do to keep the name alive is good by me. A bike that gives the harleys a run is even better.
Rod

KiwiRat
23rd January 2009, 04:11
I mean a T100 Bonneville? The T100 was a 500 for crist sake.
Rod

T100 in the new world means Triumph 100, meaning that model was first released in the year in which Triumph marked it's 100 year anniversary, 2002.

I read that on the net, so it must be true.

Daffyd
29th January 2009, 14:15
T100 in the new world means Triumph 100, meaning that model was first released in the year in which Triumph marked it's 100 year anniversary, 2002.

I read that on the net, so it must be true.

And in the old world means Tiger 100.

malfunconz
3rd March 2009, 19:54
spy phota or not , was told there in there 30's so i cant justify one so just the speedy for me but if i had the coin i'd be in like flynn.Surrounded by tractors i like to be different,but i still like the twin.

AllanB
3rd March 2009, 20:06
I read in a mag in Whitcoulls at lunch that it will be released in USA as a 2010 model so they expect the beast later this year. 85 hp and 100+ torque thingys.