PDA

View Full Version : No longer looking at back of husbands head

Trudes
11th December 2004, 21:09
Hello all,

I have finally taken the plunge and got my own bike, so I am now a 'biker chick' :headbang:

Went up to Palmy this morning to pick the bike up, as Wellington did not have any black ones :doh: As I havent ridden for a long time the hubby (Kendog) rode it back for me. I think he enjoyed christening my new baby :yes:

Hope to see you all on the road, especially any other learners/cruisers that are happy to cruise along at the back of the pack :scooter:

Yamahamaman
11th December 2004, 21:13
Welcome and nice choice of bike.

Trudes
11th December 2004, 21:21
Welcome and nice choice of bike.
Thanks, swap?

Love your paint job :cool2:

Yamahamaman
11th December 2004, 21:28
Thanks, swap?

Thanks for the complement, however, as Mr Thestinkbitch likes yours so much, I would dream of disappointing him :)

Kendog
11th December 2004, 21:41
Hello all,

I have finally taken the plunge and got my own bike, so I am now a 'biker chick' :headbang:

Went up to Palmy this morning to pick the bike up, as Wellington did not have any black ones :doh: As I havent ridden for a long time the hubby (Kendog) rode it back for me. I think he enjoyed christening my new baby :yes:

Hope to see you all on the road, especially any other learners/cruisers that are happy to cruise along at the back of the pack :scooter:

I did enjoy the ride back from Palmy, its is a very comfortable and relaxing riding position.
It is going to be a great bike to learn on.

Firefight
12th December 2004, 05:03
Hey TSB, well done , nothing like your own bike, enjoy.

F/F :sunny: :spudwave:

toads
12th December 2004, 08:10
hey there and welcome, congratulations she looks like a nice quiet reliable bike, and I know they are way cheap to run, it's a great feeling having your own bike, I don't do pillion, and gotta have my own bike, call in if you ride as far afield as Gizzy!

Joni
12th December 2004, 11:48
toads]it's a great feeling having your own bike, I don't do pillion, and gotta have my own bike, call in if you ride as far afield as Gizzy!

Its strange, but I like to pillion, if the rider is good.... its fun! :eek:

Joni
12th December 2004, 11:49
Welcome TSB, as Toads says its a great feeling being out there on your own bike... have fun! Be safe... :)

Storm
12th December 2004, 12:53
Welcome and well done. Go the mighty GN

Hitcher
12th December 2004, 13:04
Good to hear of another person taking the plunge into self-actuated bikerhood! Ride it excessively and enjoy every minute!

Interesting to hear of yet another Wellingtonian going to Palmerston North to buy a Suzuki...

merv
12th December 2004, 15:53
Good on ya! Hope to meet you and Kendog sometime.

Sparky Bills
12th December 2004, 15:57
Im happy for you!
Isnt it great getting a new machine!
So is that your xmas present already gone?
Or are you just lucky??

sels1
12th December 2004, 18:47
Congratulations. May you have many safe and happy miles

Trudes
12th December 2004, 18:52
hey there and welcome, congratulations she looks like a nice quiet reliable bike, and I know they are way cheap to run, it's a great feeling having your own bike, I don't do pillion, and gotta have my own bike, call in if you ride as far afield as Gizzy!

It's funny you should say, we are both from Gisborne and will be up that way around boxing day ish and planning on riding around the cape :ride:

Ms Piggy
12th December 2004, 20:48
Welcome! Great to have another biker babe in our midst! :spudwave:

Anytime you want to go for a jaunt gimme a PM.

Cheers

thehollowmen
12th December 2004, 21:32
Welcome to the madhouse
if you need any scans from the GN250 workshop manual, give me a yell ok?

magnum
20th December 2004, 20:08
hello and welcome :rockon:

Skunk
20th December 2004, 20:24
Ah, yes. Welcome Madam.

crashe
30th December 2004, 13:02
welcome and get out there and ride as much as ya can.... and most important have fun riding.... and stay safe.

R00T
2nd January 2005, 20:22
Excellent news, endless fun at your fingertips, needless to say I pressume you have already read the manual ?

If I hadnt read the manual for my old Subaru I would neve have known I could flap the door handle to enter a pin code which unlocked the doors, great for each time I lost the keys of locked them in the boot... DOH !

Just out of interest what sort of price range are the GN's new ?

vifferman
2nd January 2005, 20:33
Great news, TSB! :niceone:

The vifferbabe surprised me today. (Again..)
She suggested we go for a ride somewhere this afternoon as it was a nice-ish day, so we did: Riverhead, Muriwai, Helensville, Kaukapakapa, Albany and back home. Afterwards (get ready - the surprise bit's a-comin'...) she said, "That was great, but I got a bit bored one time on the back. Perhaps we should have separate bikes."
(Didja catch that? Two bikes. One each.)

Perhaps it's because the gargre is finally clean(ish) and organised(ish) after a joint effort to achieve this stupendous feat, and we discovered that there was actually room for two (2) cars, and three (3! 3!!) bikes in there. Which there will be, on Wednesday night. But that's another story.

So natcherly, I talked her (the vifferbabe) out of it. "Really?!? We could just get an intercom system - it'd be much cheaper."
"Yeah. I guess. And I did enjoy the ride, it was just at one point, it was so smooth, and nothing much was happening, and I thought :whistle::whistle:....."

Mongoose
2nd January 2005, 20:56
WoooHoooo, after that thread header i just had to read the rest, thought for a mo you had traded hubby in on a shorter model!! :killingme

Good on Ya and welcome back to being the one behind bars(handle bars that is)

Coyote
3rd January 2005, 08:42
Perhaps it's because the gargre is finally clean(ish) and organised(ish) after a joint effort to achieve this stupendous feat, and we discovered that there was actually room for two (2) cars, and three (3! 3!!) bikes in there. Which there will be, on Wednesday night. But that's another story.
Don't just stop at 3 bikes. We managed to fit 1 car, 1 trailer, 5 bikes, and 3 bicycles in our garage once it was clean.

Kendog
4th January 2005, 19:15
Just out of interest what sort of price range are the GN's new ?

$3,000 new + ORC, bargin

Trudes
4th January 2005, 19:23
Thanks for all the comments :)

The riding I have done so far I have enjoyed, just waiting for summer to start so I can get out there some more.

Wellyman
4th January 2005, 19:41
Welcome. We have 4 bikes,3 bicycles, 10 old motorcycle tyres, one TDR250 motor bit cramped at the moment.

ajturbo
5th January 2005, 21:12
you just have to see Lucloo's GZ250!!!

now that is a great looking 250!!

i actully liked it!!! :gob:

and Riff's reble.. but as i haven't ridden any of them i just go on looks..... :shifty:

Biff
6th January 2005, 09:02
:spudwave:
Welcome and may you have many, many happy safe years of riding.

My lady is nagging me to buy her a bike at the moment. So far I've resisted the pressure. With two young kids and no babysitters I like to keep those spare hours solely for myself to enjoy the pleasures of riding. Bugger sharing them!! (selfish? - yep)

inlinefour
27th January 2005, 23:30
Welcome and enjoy :banana:

Trudes
9th February 2005, 09:51
I sat my restricted licence test yesterday on my GN,(have I told you lately, that I LOVE my bike??) and passed, piece of piss!!! :done:

Did it out at Porirua at like 7:30 am and the dude who took me, Peter, was just such a kewl guy, it was awesome. :niceone:

Thought I was going to be really nervous, but he just completely put me at ease and just let me basically ride wherever I wanted while he followed in his car. Awesome, so if you're reading this Pete, thanks man, you are a DUDE!! :2thumbsup

Anyhoo, I now have my restricted, got the ugly loser plate off my beautiful baby and now can hoon along at 100kmph, if I want to!! (That is after about another 60 kms, when my bike is apparantly been run in enough to do over 4500 revs!!, haha) :cool:

vifferman
9th February 2005, 10:10
Congratulations! And you are right to be proud of yourself - well done.:niceone:

Skunk
9th February 2005, 10:11
Good on ya! Congrats :first:

crashe
10th February 2005, 08:19
Congratulations ... well done...
Those last 60kms are a breeze to do.... just go up and down the road a few times... lol. :wari: :banana: :spudwave: