PDA

View Full Version : Shaun Harris and No entry to MNZ Club

Shaun
7th April 2008, 08:33
WHY I BELIEVE THE RIDERS “NOT” MNZ ARE TO BLAIM

This is a copy of a letter, ( Sent out approx 08-03-2004) that I sent out to ALL MNZ LICENSE holders in 2004 ( Ones with current addresses) 225 Sent out ( With self addressed stamped envelopes to return) Pretty easy really!!!!! Or so I thought?

RoadRacing Promoter/coordinator

Please take the time to read and Respond, your comments are extremely important and without your feedback it makes it hard to make changes that will benefit our racing and enhance the future of our sport.

I am proposing that the motorcycle fraternity EMPLOY our own full time promotor/coordinator, until all replies are returned and worked through, the full time job description is not possible to outline here, but I will include what I would like this person to be doing.

JOB DESCRIPTION

Coordination of all clubs and race format, and information for riders, and communication with MNZ.
Promotional work with the media, series sponsors, importers, clubs, MNZ etc
Group purchasing for race products making our purchase price lower and already giving a return on our investment. ( Will work for some and not others)

Rome was not built in a day and neither will this be, that is why I have started doing this now because there will be a few issues to arrange to make this happen.

WHO TO EMPLOY

I suggest that we nominate 2 rider reps from each class and let this group go through all the resumes and make a choice.

HOW TO PAY THIS PERSON

This is where I need you all to think long and hard about our racing and our sport and what it means to you!

I propose that we all invest $250-00 into this campaign. ( I have a company that will put $ 5000-00 into the fund, if I can get 100 riders to invest in there own future)

If we all agree here is what We would have to start with

142 people @ $250-00 = $35-000 + $ 5000-00 = $40-500

$40-500 paid to our promoter as a base salary with an agreed percentage ( To top the salary package up) of additional funds that they would bring into the sport from business promotions.

I realise that this may seem to simple, but some of the best things in the world are simple, no need for this to be difficult.

I RECIEVED 45 REPLIES TO THIS MAIL OUT ONLY!!!!!!!!

It is the RIDERS that are not helping our sport, NOT MNZ!

Even Tony Rees agreed to the above, and he is a proffesional business man, and was a very well sponsored rider, but could see the benefit to one and all.

So based on the above, I decided NOT to put my name in the Hat for the road race Nth Island Role- the riders them selves are not prepared to work hard enough, so why would I go into battle for people that are not prepared to fight them self, and this way, I can also focus on my 2 riders instead of others. Sorry to any one that went out of there way to nominate me.

Shaun
7th April 2008, 11:53
50 Views and No comments- WOW, I suppose some who have read it are not MNZ members:stupid:

scott411
7th April 2008, 11:56
were you suprised that the average rider could not give a fuck? it is the vocal minority that normally get there way,

Joni
7th April 2008, 12:01
50 Views and No comments- WOW, I suppose some who have read it are not MNZ members:stupid:I sort of get where you are coming from... but there are so many racers I know who suffer from the CBF’s (Can’t be fucked’itis)... if it resembles hard work they won’t get involved. They just bitch about it most of the time...

I understand your frustration Shaun.

Shaun
7th April 2008, 12:10
exactually to both of you:Playnice: How the hell do ya help people that do not seem to want it, or relly just want there arses wiped:spanking:

dhunt
7th April 2008, 12:31
50 Views and No comments- WOW, I suppose some who have read it are not MNZ members:stupid:
Hi Shaun, do you think if you did that again today (about 4 years on) would the response be any different? My understanding is that motorcycle racing popularity has been increasing in the last couple years??? Therefore more people willing to to contribute???

SixPackBack
7th April 2008, 12:42
Many reasons why individuals would not reply.

They are already putting every spare cent in to racing.
Racers do not agree with your proposal.
The proposal lacks enough details for further action.I suspect the last point is the most likely reason for your poor response, it seems you have a firm idea of what you believe should happen but fail to provide suffcient detail. Hence recipients are unsure of what you are proposing and why.

Good luck Shaun, perhaps you could use this opportunity to fully explain the what, where and why together with some historic detail.

scott411
7th April 2008, 12:54
exactually to both of you:Playnice: How the hell do ya help people that do not seem to want it, or relly just want there arses wiped:spanking:

fuck knows, have tried a few ways but nothing really works, but if you find out let me know,

Shaun
7th April 2008, 12:59
fuck knows, have tried a few ways but nothing really works, but if you find out let me know,

Will do if it ever happens!

The above posts, NO, I will not be spending any more time on this, there was a way for people to ask more and act for there own interests, which only a hand full did.

Tony.OK
7th April 2008, 14:49
Are ya having a bad week mate?
Speaking only for myself and as someone very new to racing,I've got no experience with MNZ,I'm struggling to pay for my fees and licences now.
I would've been wrapped to have ya as a rep,passion about the sport can only be good.
But please don't put everyone in the same boat,since 04 there is probably a whole new crowd gotten into racing.Alot can change in 4 years..........hell I might even be famous by then:rofl:

Drew
7th April 2008, 15:37
To be honest, I would have trouble coming up with the money in a lump, but it occurs I might not need to, salary being paid wouldn't be a lump sum.

It is a great idea to get a promoter out there, but who makes the coin from us racing now? MNZ. Who would make more coin with a promoter gettin arses in seats? Same answer. Why are we paying?...

Fair enough that you think we shouldn't bitch about it, without trying to do something ourselves, (we would have more open doors when on the sponsorship bludge for sure), but if you could take a minute to read the mission statement in the front of the current rule book, I think you'll find MNZ should be getting a promoter by thier own admission. "To further the sport of motorcycling in New Zealand".

Burrt Badger
7th April 2008, 17:43
How does MNZ make coin from you Drew. You pay a licence fee to them (a one off payment) and what else???? MNZ have an Office staff of five, the rest are ALL volunteers.
Your entry fees go to the club organising the event, to pay for running the event (Ambulances, track hire, etc) not to MNZ, and you show me a CLUB that makes vast amounts of money from organising Road Race Events. Most clubs are lucky to even avoid losing money on the road race events they run.
MNZ are working pretty hard "To further the Sport of Motorcycling". Road Racing will have about 20 hours of TV coverage this year. Thats less than Motorsport NZ have, but then Motorsport NZ have paid approximately
$500, 000 to get their coverage. Furthering the sport also relates to rules, administration etc.
Shaun has worked bloody hard in the past, trying to get Road Racers to work together for the advancement of the sport, but the response was underwhelming.
Motorcycling New Zealand is only as good as it's members, because it's the members who can actually guide the sport with their input or feedback. No input equals things being done that MNZ think are correct, but, without guidence, they dont know.
THE WHOLE SITUATION IS DEPENDANT ON COMMUNICATION.
There is no point bitching and moaning on Kiwibiker forum, because if you dont contact the people who can make the changes, nothing will change.

Sparky Bills
7th April 2008, 18:07
There is no point bitching and moaning on Kiwibiker forum, because if you dont contact the people who can make the changes, nothing will change.

Exactly! :buggerd:

White trash
7th April 2008, 18:11
To be honest, I would have trouble coming up with the money in a lump, but it occurs I might not need to, salary being paid wouldn't be a lump sum.

It is a great idea to get a promoter out there, but who makes the coin from us racing now? MNZ. Who would make more coin with a promoter gettin arses in seats? Same answer. Why are we paying?...

Fair enough that you think we shouldn't bitch about it, without trying to do something ourselves, (we would have more open doors when on the sponsorship bludge for sure), but if you could take a minute to read the mission statement in the front of the current rule book, I think you'll find MNZ should be getting a promoter by thier own admission. "To further the sport of motorcycling in New Zealand".
You miss the point son. What Mr Harris is suggesting (and I think a similar idea was floated 4-5 years ago Shaun?) is that there is a professional person, whos FULL TIME JOB is to promote road racing and secure event sponsorship. This A) Puts bums on seats = more gate takings = better TV coverage = better prize money, B) Gets some much needed corporate sponsorhip which will do exactly the same.

This was a fantastic idea when first mentioned years ago and I simply can't believe it never happened. Now we've got a chance to make it happen again.

Who do I write the cheque out to?

jimbo600
7th April 2008, 18:28

Make it out to Jimbo Gibbings mate.

Clivoris
7th April 2008, 19:06
Shaun.
I'm confused by this thread. Did you post the survey 4 years ago? Are you proposing the same thing again now? Are you now withdrawing yourself from the MNZ rep role because of the survey 4 years ago? If you are reluctant to get involved with the administration of motorcycling in NZ because competitors will be apathetic, I'd have to say that it is a fair call. The odds of a sudden upsurge of involvement by riders is as slim as it ever has been.
My involvement in motorcycle racing is for purely personal reasons. There is no way I am going to be a threat to a podium, at club level let alone National level. I just want to get as fast as I can on the machine I can afford to run without hurting myself. Along the way I plan on having a hell of a buzz and meet some cool people. So far, my mission is going well.
What I have discovered is that in order to make this happen I have had to become more involved at the committee level of my club. We would like to have a higher profile for our meetings, but I am not convinced about the cost/benefit equation. We don't charge spectators, so wont be making anything at the gate. Would any sponsors drawn to our meetings make $250 worth of difference annually to our competitors? Maybe club racing has to be geared to simply providing a venue for like-minded lunatics to go round and round in the same direction. Unfortunately, this isn't as easy as it was either. Volunteers are getting harder and harder to retain. We can no longer ask people to pay out of their own pocket for the priveledge of driving 2 hours (at least) each way to stand in the rain and make the magic happen. We have to try and cover their costs. Will extra promotion change this?
I would love to see more motorcycle racing on the telly, but as a (slow, but working on it) club level rider what difference would this make to me?
Honest questions.

Drew
7th April 2008, 22:02
How does MNZ make coin from you Drew. You pay a licence fee to them (a one off payment) and what else???? MNZ have an Office staff of five, the rest are ALL volunteers.
Your entry fees go to the club organising the event, to pay for running the event (Ambulances, track hire, etc) not to MNZ, and you show me a CLUB that makes vast amounts of money from organising Road Race Events. Most clubs are lucky to even avoid losing money on the road race events they run.

Sweet as, I was under the impression that MNZ were larger than that, I apologise.

I dont wanna take this thread off topic, because it's a good one, so if you would like to continue a conversation about clubs making money, and the vast quantity that AMCC are sitting on (I'm told from a former comitee (or what ever you cal them) member), PM me any time.

I would support the idea, and pay the money to get a person to fill the position, after I had seen a clear plan, and a list of achievable goals both long term, and short.

roadracingoldfart
7th April 2008, 22:03
Hello Shaun , are you implying that one single person could turn the promotion of bike racing in NZ around without extra resouces (ie; manpower)
as i doubt one person would be able to make a differance without getting the blood pressure issues normally associated with a stressful occupation.
It would be a very stressful job and the hours would be a killer. One person would in my opinion never be able to do justice but thats not to say its not possible to a talented profesional PR person. That type of person would of course demand much more coin than was being mooted here and without the absolute passion for motorcycling in thier own blood like most of "us" have it would simply be a standard "buisness venture" driven failure.

I agree what you propose would be brilliant for the NZ scene but i doubt with our short running series now that many extra meetings could be managed , at least before Hampton Downs is completed as the currant tracks are simply car orientated and wont even confirm distant bookings for motorcycle events no matter what the size until car clubs have got all the good dates and venues sorted.
Booking shurity would have to be achievable as without future booking ability guarentees the possible sponsors would not commit to investing at whats basically a "club based activity".

I would like to see a copy of your original post out Shaun and if needed i would like to combine minds to see what can be sussed out .
I am happy to be proved wrong about anything negative i have said and if need be ill help to prove myself wrong to see motorcycling improve in NZ.

Im doing my small bit with sponsoring Nicky as the rider in our team and helping 4 others to varying degrees throughout the winter series but thats all my budget can manage.

Thanks for the 5 min soap box people.

Cheers Paul.M
Team Shower Buddy .

k14
8th April 2008, 07:17
You miss the point son. What Mr Harris is suggesting (and I think a similar idea was floated 4-5 years ago Shaun?) is that there is a professional person, whos FULL TIME JOB is to promote road racing and secure event sponsorship. This A) Puts bums on seats = more gate takings = better TV coverage = better prize money, B) Gets some much needed corporate sponsorhip which will do exactly the same.

This was a fantastic idea when first mentioned years ago and I simply can't believe it never happened. Now we've got a chance to make it happen again.

Yeah I totally agree. I was watching the coverage of the NZV8's at teretonga on sunday and was thinking "how on earth do they get that many people along to a meet in invercargil?".

Obviously they are doing something right. I wasn't a member when Shaun sent that letter out but I believe that it is the only way forward. MNZ do a good job at the moment but promotion etc isn't their profession, administration of the sport is. Hand the promotion off to a company that does it for a living. I certainly would class that small sum of money an investment for the future of the sport but more importantly (as most racers need to see it) an investment in myself. To be able to tell sponsors that there will be x number of people attending the meetings and highlights on tv one of every round would be invaluable.

GSVR
8th April 2008, 07:18
Motorcycle safety package to address $52 million problem

http://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/motorcycle+safety+package+address+52+million+probl em

Wonder if the Goverment would consider promoting the racing of motorcycles as good for lowering the abysmal crash statistics on the road. Might be a worthwhile investment for them.

or perhaps they blame the rise in racing popularity to be one of the contributing factors and would take active measures to discourage the sport.

Is the objective to get huge crowds to attend race mets then start charging them to cover costs?

Deano
8th April 2008, 07:38
WHY I BELIEVE THE RIDERS “NOT” MNZ ARE TO BLAIM

This is a copy of a letter, ( Sent out approx 08-03-2004) that I sent out to ALL MNZ LICENSE holders in 2004

Before my time bro. But I have put a shit load of effort into the Cliff Hanger Hill Climb since getting involved.

During my time with cliff hanger, I have found that MNZ have not been very helpful in fostering the sport.

No blame can be laid on the riders there.

I'm more than happy to do my bit if it will help.

Hellraiser
8th April 2008, 08:44
But don't forget there is not only the wage to pay .......

There will also be traveling expences etc etc to be paid by someone.

There's the expence of taking potential corporate sponsers out for meals and other general arse kissing expences.

and i'm sure there's shit loads more expences that i haven't thought of yet.

at the end of the day MCNZ will be lucky to get change out of $500,000

It's time that people started thinking outside the square because the current line of thinking doesn't seem to be working.

Drew
8th April 2008, 15:22
It's time that people started thinking outside the square because the current line of thinking doesn't seem to be working.

And round the circle goes.

I think that the sport is only ever gonna get big, if it starts with people giving up there own time to promote it.

I propose this instead, (and if it gets enough support on here I'll take the apropriate steps to do my bit,) how about a group of racers first sit down and discuss thier idias of getting arses in seats, can be done in more than one spot with minutes taken and then distributed to the others. From there an elected group go through the list and pick the best ideas. From there fund raising is done to pay for whatever is needed and there it is, the ball is rolling.

But if only there was a system in place that is meant to do that already...

Half way through typing how I think is the easiest to get this going, I realised it's pretty much what is meant to happen now, so the only thing left to be said...

Spot on Shaun, us as racers are our own worst enemy. I cannot say I've ever know of a meeting of any sort with MNZ on the subject, but I'm sure the info could be found where to best make an appearance and forward ideas.

PeteJ
8th April 2008, 15:50
[/QUOTE]
I dont wanna take this thread off topic, because it's a good one, so if you would like to continue a conversation about clubs making money, and the vast quantity that AMCC are sitting on (I'm told from a former comitee (or what ever you cal them) member), PM me any time.
QUOTE]

Actually, rubbish like this should not be rebutted only in a PM. AMCC finances are set out in its accounts to all members each year - it's not some "committee only" secret; and for a club with nearly 80 years' history, it's a credit that it puts its assets on the line every time it runs a major meeting. One meeting a number of years ago was such a financial failure that the clubrooms had to be sold to raise money.

To return to Shaun's thread, yep, if racers want to be publicised, they will have to pay their or someone else's money. Only the best organised, such as yourself, get to have other people's money to use in their racing.

The rest whinge about entry fees (which in NZ are bloody cheap) and do fuck all more to contribute.

Oh, yes: then they whinge about volunteer club members and officials making buckets of money, without bothering to find that a club is lucky to have anything left over at the end of a season. Or MNZ, come to that.

If they got off their ignorant lazy arses and read the financials their clubs and MNZ give them each year, no-one would have to explain it.

Rant not over - can be revived and magnified at any time.

PS I have been involved at club level wirth NZACU/MNZ for over 30 years; paid promoters are not a new idea. In the past, they have been a failed idea, but that is not to say that the idea might not work if tried yet again.

Drew
8th April 2008, 16:41
Actually, rubbish like this should not be rebutted only in a PM. AMCC finances are set out in its accounts to all members each year - it's not some "committee only" secret; and for a club with nearly 80 years' history, it's a credit that it puts its assets on the line every time it runs a major meeting. One meeting a number of years ago was such a financial failure that the clubrooms had to be sold to raise money.

To return to Shaun's thread, yep, if racers want to be publicised, they will have to pay their or someone else's money. Only the best organised, such as yourself, get to have other people's money to use in their racing.

The rest whinge about entry fees (which in NZ are bloody cheap) and do fuck all more to contribute.

Oh, yes: then they whinge about volunteer club members and officials making buckets of money, without bothering to find that a club is lucky to have anything left over at the end of a season. Or MNZ, come to that.

If they got off their ignorant lazy arses and read the financials their clubs and MNZ give them each year, no-one would have to explain it.

Rant not over - can be revived and magnified at any time.

PS I have been involved at club level wirth NZACU/MNZ for over 30 years; paid promoters are not a new idea. In the past, they have been a failed idea, but that is not to say that the idea might not work if tried yet again.

Re read both my fuckin posts and then explain where I whinged about anything will ya, I even apologised for my incorrect statements!

I only mentioned the money AMCC have to prove that clubs could make a profit with proper managment.

Why the bullshit smarmy attitude about me not spending my own money, know the arrangment we have do ya? Just like to reiterate this point while you're calling me ignorant...cock! We are exceptionally lucky to be sponsored, do you not think I would like to get as much for them as I get?

So rant away, I'm always keen for a good bitch fight, and you've fucked me off just enough to ensure I'll slam you every chance I get.

It used to be I didn't like people trying to belittle me because of how I would look to others, now it's just insulting that you think you're better than me.

To sum up, eat my excrement and get fucked.

Burrt Badger
8th April 2008, 17:37
AMCC make money from their investments to support your racing. The investments are a partnership with NZIGP and is a Serviced Office block, which is part of the clubrooms. They have lost more money on race events than they have made in the last 10 or so years. The only reason they can carry on this way is the wise investments of the club founders and those that have followed in the administration of the club. There is not a lot of money to be made from Road Racing in NZ unless the entry fees are doubled, but if the clubs start making money, the track owners will ramp up the track hire fees. No win situation commonly known as a "Shit Sandwich".
All you have to do is look across the ditch and see Phillip Island. One of the premier road race circuits in the World. Aussie Superbikes dont want to run a round of their nationals there because of the track hire costs. In fact, Aussie Superbike Champs are deeply in the shit, because they cant get sponsors. Christ, Aussie is the current World Road Race Nursery. Need I say any more???

Shaun
9th April 2008, 07:29
[QUOTE=Clivoris;1509821]Shaun.
I'm confused by this thread. Did you post the survey 4 years ago? Are you proposing the same thing again now? Are you now withdrawing yourself from the MNZ rep role because of the survey 4 years ago? If you are reluctant to get involved with the administration of motorcycling in NZ because competitors will be apathetic, I'd have to say that it is a fair call.

Hi ya, I did post this out in 2004! I still totally believe this is what we need, look at what has happened with the car racing scene with there own management. I decided to not enter for the MNZ role as I have tried to help the riders in the past, and got NO result/support for my efforts, so rather than become frustrated with the politics of it, it was best for me to stand back, and keep helping riders the way I do now.

Shaun
9th April 2008, 07:31
And round the circle goes.

I think that the sport is only ever gonna get big, if it starts with people giving up there own time to promote it.

I propose this instead, (and if it gets enough support on here I'll take the apropriate steps to do my bit,) how about a group of racers first sit down and discuss thier idias of getting arses in seats, can be done in more than one spot with minutes taken and then distributed to the others. From there an elected group go through the list and pick the best ideas. From there fund raising is done to pay for whatever is needed and there it is, the ball is rolling.

But if only there was a system in place that is meant to do that already...

Half way through typing how I think is the easiest to get this going, I realised it's pretty much what is meant to happen now, so the only thing left to be said...

Spot on Shaun, us as racers are our own worst enemy. I cannot say I've ever know of a meeting of any sort with MNZ on the subject, but I'm sure the info could be found where to best make an appearance and forward ideas.

Go hard Drew, make it happen mate, Whitetrash seems to agree with this idea as well, perhaps 2 brains are better than one eh

Quasievil
9th April 2008, 08:04
Only a quick scan, but sounds to me like MNZ are a redundant organisation that should be scrapped.

Shaun
9th April 2008, 08:29
Only a quick scan, but sounds to me like MNZ are a redundant organisation that should be scrapped.

I have removed my comment about this, as it seems to be causing other people problems

scott411
9th April 2008, 09:10
We at least need to remove Paul Pav from the role of CEO in MNZ, he is NOT GOOD ENOUGH For the Salary we pay him! Even people that need to work with him, ( Manufactureres etc) want him gone, I think he is using the position, to try and further his carreer choice, of being a Politician.

the above comment is one of the reasons the sports continues to not go ahead,

instead of constructive comments, and working together, most things end up in personal attacks like this,

i do not think anyone could do Pauls job and satisify the majority of MNZ's members, we are to fractionalised to let it happen,

Shaun
9th April 2008, 10:31
the above comment is one of the reasons the sports continues to not go ahead,

instead of constructive comments, and working together, most things end up in personal attacks like this,

i do not think anyone could do Pauls job and satisify the majority of MNZ's members, we are to fractionalised to let it happen,

I guess we are allowed to have our OWN thoughts on this subject, be it write and wrong

scott411
9th April 2008, 10:56
own thoughts are one thing, but personal attacks are another, can you honestly tell me that you do not think Paul took the job for anything other than his love of motorcycle racing,

my thoughts since we are on them, i think Paul has been the best CEO we have had so far, both the guys prevouis were shocking compared to him, especailly Trevor,
but...
i question the need for a ceo, and i question some of the things he is pushing as well, and i feel that MNZ should not be a promotor as well (ie not running the road race or mx national series in house) but i still back Paul as i can not think of anyone better to be in that postion,

oyster
9th April 2008, 11:06
The job of the CEO is to administrate on the directions of the Board.
In this respect maybe Paul Pavletich is doing a great job, for what amount he is paid. I wouldn't know, that's employment matter for the Board to assess.

But one thing is for sure, there are many, many people alienated by his interpersonal style. He has regularly abused, insulted people and made false statements, many publicly. These have been directed at hard working, elected club officials and very important sponsors. An example is his magazine article falsely claiming ACC don't support us, in fact they do, BIG TIME. This article came not with provative/constructive criticism, but negative sarcastic insults. (And BTW this article was written on behalf of US, members)
In the light of these facts, is there anyone who think he's suitable for the job?

Shaun
9th April 2008, 12:44
Well said Oyster, and thanks for your HONESTY

Dodgy
9th April 2008, 12:52
Yeah, agree with Shaun on this, Pauls behaviour and representation has been pretty appalling. Likewise with Jim Tuckerman, what a twat. His behaviour at Wanganui and past behaviour on other web forums left a lot to be desired.

Question is, who can we nominate and lobby for? All the talk on all the forums is a lot less effective than nominating and voting for a suitable candidate

Personally, I would like to see Gremlin get in a position of significant influence (if he wanted!!). He always has an opinion, can take on board other opinions, and definitiley has the courage of his convictions. Oh, and he is a DOER!

Tony.OK
9th April 2008, 14:47
I hope I'm not off the mark with this,
Do we need to separate MNZ into 2 categories?One for road racing and one for motorcross.
Every article I seem to read from MNZ lately seems more interested in MX happenings.
Maybe MNZ has to broad a job to do now?

Scouse
9th April 2008, 15:17
We at least need to remove Paul Pav from the role of CEO in MNZ, he is NOT GOOD ENOUGH For the Salary we pay him! Even people that need to work with him, ( Manufactureres etc) want him gone, I think he is using the position, to try and further his carreer choice, of being a Politician.I have to say that your comments here are pretty ungratfull especialy after all the behind the seens work that Paul did for you while you were all smashed up over in the Isles of Mann. But then I gess that those sort of head injurys tend to make you forgetfull.

scott411
9th April 2008, 15:35
I hope I'm not off the mark with this,
Do we need to separate MNZ into 2 categories?One for road racing and one for motorcross.
Every article I seem to read from MNZ lately seems more interested in MX happenings.
Maybe MNZ has to broad a job to do now?

good lets make a small sport even smaller, !!!! and then you need two lots of staff etc, does not sound to bright to me,

I think you will find road racing gets more representation than the numbers in licences, thier is an equal number on road to off road members (one south, one north island) yet their are much more off road licenced members, i think the mix is right now tho,

Shaun
9th April 2008, 15:48
I have to say that your comments here are pretty ungratfull especialy after all the behind the seens work that Paul did for you while you were all smashed up over in the Isles of Mann. But then I gess that those sort of head injurys tend to make you forgetfull.

Ungratefull, Pull ya head in man, Paul P only did what any other MNZ CEO would do, the same as this community on here did, and the very same thing that 3 English Web Sites and others did for me!!!!!!!

And if you want to be a smart arse with your head Injury comments, at least be man enough to Name yourself, and not hide behind your goobly goog name

Burrt Badger
9th April 2008, 16:59
The stats for competitors in MNZ are this. Approximately 90% of licenced competitors are OFF ROAD and the remaing 10% are ON ROAD.

Are you are silly enough see how Road Race goes when it is on its own?????

Tony.OK
9th April 2008, 17:14
The stats for competitors in MNZ are this. Approximately 90% of licenced competitors are OFF ROAD and the remaing 10% are ON ROAD.

Are you are silly enough see how Road Race goes when it is on its own?????

Being totally new to racing and its politics I only made a suggestion MATE.
Getting called "silly" for simply making an observation gives me the warm and fuzzies for my future sport.
I'd like to say sorry for having a thought of my own,but I won't:finger:

sidecar bob
9th April 2008, 17:59
Some of us are pretty dissapointed with Pauls attitude towards Sidecar racers.

ajturbo
9th April 2008, 20:26
ok shaun.....

what do you think we should be doing?

how can I help?

Burrt Badger
9th April 2008, 20:37
Tony.OK.
Wasnt calling you silly, because obviously you and others didnt know the figures. Would be silly to carry on when the figures are known tho.

koba
10th April 2008, 07:43
ok shaun.....

what do you think we should be doing?

how can I help?

Look at that!Good shit aj :)
This is the attitude that needs to be fostered rather than "blah blah someone else not good blah blah"

If we all start doing asmuch pro active work that people like shaun, ajturbo and oyster do for our sport surley that will further our position greatly?!

Also im not saying that others dont contribute, just that i know those named above do an just get on with it regardless, and put there hands up to help!

oyster
10th April 2008, 10:47
Thanks for your positive comments Koba. For the record I'm a right selfish bugger, and egotistical to boot. Anything I've done for the sport revolves around this.
Years ago, I saw a less than ideal landscape in the sport, especially for young people. So my ego kicked in, "I'll fix this" Of course I thought it would take a year or two, but 7 years later.... Seriously we're getting there.

And selfish? I sure am. I'm too slow and old to win anything, but imagine my satisfaction in being a team member that produced 6 out the top 10 in the 125GP championship this year, 2 out of the top 3 of Pro Twin junior.

Yep, for my time and effort I'm well rewarded.

I just want to encourage more people to try this also, it's often a long road, lots of patience needed. But seeing NZ's youngest ever RR champion cross the line gave me more satisfaction than I could ever imagine if I was sitting on the bike myself.

Come on, put aside a little of your own time and money to help someone else along. Not to mention a bit flag marshalling, Steward training, club admin and stuff.

johnsv650
10th April 2008, 21:42
didn't you win at invercargil bert munro (overall) ?

Mumbles
10th April 2008, 22:52
Shaun,
Great thread!
I only help some of the guys doing the winter VIC series and found it hard to believe that there isn't a national full time promoter for this sport.

I can only wonder how things would change.... more TV coverage aids riders and sponsors alike, just look at the drift guys 2-3 years ago almost unheard of or seen... now have their own weekly slot on the telly.

Good luck guys hope whatever happens make this a better sport for all concerned.

Thanks also to all of the volunteers on race days! you guys help make it ALL happen!

denill
17th April 2008, 15:28
Paul Pav was always on a hiding to nothing and there is no way in the world any MNZ CEO was going to keep even the majority,(let alone everyone) happy.

If you guys are slagging of Paul Pav, you can't have had much to do with the infamous Trev. :rolleyes::rolleyes: