PDA

View Full Version : Engine rebuild?

Timati
7th April 2008, 08:40
Am looking at getting my engine rebuilt soon and wondered if anyone had enough experience with them and wouldn't mind helping out. Am keen to learn how to rebuild them as well. Would appreciate it if you could PM me. Thanks.

Henk
9th April 2008, 04:32
You don't say what bike it is. If it's a 2 stroke and you have a bit of mechanical apptitude just buy a manual and hook into it. My first ever engine rebuild was an RD250LC and that is exacly what I did then, the only real difference between that and a modern 2 stroke is that yours wil have power valves and they aren't that complicated.

Timati
9th April 2008, 08:46
You don't say what bike it is. If it's a 2 stroke and you have a bit of mechanical apptitude just buy a manual and hook into it. My first ever engine rebuild was an RD250LC and that is exacly what I did then, the only real difference between that and a modern 2 stroke is that yours wil have power valves and they aren't that complicated.

It's an Aprilia RS250. I do have the workshop manual however would prefer working with someone with more experience (and also gives me the opportunity to ask questions e.g why/what/when, etc).

ypvs kiwi
11th April 2008, 23:08
It's an Aprilia RS250. I do have the workshop manual however would prefer working with someone with more experience (and also gives me the opportunity to ask questions e.g why/what/when, etc).

Hi mate where are U: ? recently did the top end of my RGV and it's all fairly straight forward. Work by the manual, take photos on strip down and ask lots of questions.

Also take a look at the following for additional info:http://www.rgv250.co.uk/forums/

Timati
12th April 2008, 09:16
Hi mate where are U: ? recently did the top end of my RGV and it's all fairly straight forward. Work by the manual, take photos on strip down and ask lots of questions.

Also take a look at the following for additional info:http://www.rgv250.co.uk/forums/

Auckland. Thanks for the link.

What did you work on the RGV? Do you have any photos of the strip down and up?

partireper.it
12th April 2008, 12:22
I've got 4 strokes Honda Transalp XL600V made 1987 with 110000 Km on.

I'd like to recondition the engine as well.

Does anyone know which is the most professional motorcycle reconditioning workshop around?

I'm in Chch but i can ride the bike over, to leave it for some work!

Thanks.

WOGorcyclist
www.partireper.it