PDA

View Full Version : Sam Smith ready for winter racing on Yamaha R6

GSVR
7th April 2008, 16:33
Theres some post nationals reports here that will interest keen racers.

http://www.nzsbk.co.nz/91976/html/page.html

Great to hear Sams doing the Winter Series.

NZsarge
7th April 2008, 16:39
Will be good to see him back on a race bike.

Toast
7th April 2008, 17:31
haha, there go any illusions of a first race win this Winter Series.

Will be cool to see him out there on the track.

CHOPPA
7th April 2008, 18:10
gay! haha na all good the 600 class just gets better and better, i guess were lucky to be able to ride with guys like sam etc, even if its only for a corner or 2 following fast guys really helps the rest of us pick up our times!

White trash
7th April 2008, 18:14
That is great news! Combined with the fact Curious George is threatening to contest the whole series too, this is gonna be a spectacular winter!!!:D

cowpoos
7th April 2008, 18:29
That is great news! Combined with the fact Curious George is threatening to contest the whole series too, this is gonna be a spectacular winter!!!:D
and not to mention I havn't decide ya or nay yet!! ;)

samsmith88
7th April 2008, 19:17
hey thanks guys, yea I cant wait its gunna be great hopping on a bike after 3months!
Its too hard watching people race, and reading race reports hehe

speedracerjimmy
7th April 2008, 19:26
go sam go!!!! be cool havn ya back dude..
catchya on the grid...

White trash
7th April 2008, 19:52
go sam go!!!! be cool havn ya back dude..
catchya on the grid...
Are you gonna contest the VMCC Series as well James?

White trash
7th April 2008, 19:53
and not to mention I havn't decide ya or nay yet!! ;)
Christ! You've got em quaking in their Alpinestars now big fella :D

speedracerjimmy
7th April 2008, 20:19
Are you gonna contest the VMCC Series as well James?

Yeah mate.guna try and do manfield rounds..

Robert Taylor
7th April 2008, 20:24
hey thanks guys, yea I cant wait its gunna be great hopping on a bike after 3months!
Its too hard watching people race, and reading race reports hehe

I just hope Sam that we dont get vilified by a kangaroo court as when you last appeared with data logging.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

codgyoleracer
7th April 2008, 21:08
I just hope Sam that we dont get vilified by a kangaroo court as when you last appeared with data logging.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW When does my data log unit & electronic active rear shock turn up Robert ?

GSVR
8th April 2008, 07:50

Yes becuase the Vic Club runs Typical F1 and F2 rules it meens there are no worrys about such matters. If they were to run under MNZ Sports Production Regulations then data logging is clearly illegal.

Robert Taylor
8th April 2008, 08:46
Yes becuase the Vic Club runs Typical F1 and F2 rules it meens there are no worrys about such matters. If they were to run under MNZ Sports Production Regulations then data logging is clearly illegal.

You will note that I have been very forthcoming with the knowledge that I have gleaned through my own experience plus being part of the Ohlins worldwide network. Probably too much so....
Working with data logging is going to expand that understanding yet further I hope.

Robert Taylor
8th April 2008, 11:31
BTW When does my data log unit & electronic active rear shock turn up Robert ?

Closer than you think, Ohlins are more advanced with this than other companies at the sharp end.

codgyoleracer
8th April 2008, 11:39
Closer than you think, Ohlins are more advanced with this than other companies at the sharp end.

Robert, quick question re data logging. How effective is the data if collected over a winter period in cooler track conditions & relevant reduced slower lap times ?.

Robert Taylor
8th April 2008, 18:02
Robert, quick question re data logging. How effective is the data if collected over a winter period in cooler track conditions & relevant reduced slower lap times ?.

Thats a very relevant question. As you very well know when air and track temps rise, so does grip. That means with more available grip you can apply throttle earlier, requiring more damping and spring control. You can also brake later meaning you can get away with more aggressive front fork settings.

In truth we will be collating base data re fork and shock velocities and ride height positions etc i.e getting a feel for it.

I had a real insight into the datalogging used by the 600 supersport teams at the pre season WSBK tests at Philip Island. Its actually very similiar to what we play with on Carl Hansens TVR Tuscan, believe me what you can learn from that is very useful. As you are invited to my opening day you will see the Tuscan there and the zillions of sensors on it. Hope you can make it

White trash
8th April 2008, 18:10
Thats a very relevant question. As you very well know when air and track temps rise, so does grip. That means with more available grip you can apply throttle earlier, requiring more damping and spring control. You can also brake later meaning you can get away with more aggressive front fork settings.

In truth we will be collating base data re fork and shock velocities and ride height positions etc i.e getting a feel for it.

I had a real insight into the datalogging used by the 600 supersport teams at the pre season WSBK tests at Philip Island. Its actually very similiar to what we play with on Carl Hansens TVR Tuscan, believe me what you can learn from that is very useful. As you are invited to my opening day you will see the Tuscan there and the zillions of sensors on it. Hope you can make it
Ummmmmmm............

enigma51
8th April 2008, 18:12
Ummmmmmm............

dont worry trashie its adult talk not for children's ears

White trash
8th April 2008, 18:16
dont worry trashie its adult talk not for children's ears
Oh no I understand the conversation perfectly mate, there just seems to be something missing.

Robert Taylor
8th April 2008, 18:19
Oh no I understand the conversation perfectly mate, there just seems to be something missing.

Did I forget you?

White trash
8th April 2008, 18:23
I don't know! Did you? :D

Cr1MiNaL
8th April 2008, 19:41
lol invite me too then !

ArcherWC
8th April 2008, 21:23
:Oi:I didnt get an invite either :crybaby:

Mental Trousers
8th April 2008, 21:34
Did I forget you?
Forgetting and ignoring are 2 different things ... :whistle:

cowpoos
8th April 2008, 21:38
Did I forget you?

oh yeah...sorry can't make it...to busy with work!!

Robert Taylor
9th April 2008, 10:16
Forgetting and ignoring are 2 different things ... :whistle:

Id like to invite everyone for this very auspicious opening but its just not possible. ( Sorry ) Weve even got the Minister of Transport attending, even though he is ''one of them''!

Shaun
9th April 2008, 10:24
Id like to invite everyone for this very auspicious opening but its just not possible. ( Sorry ) Weve even got the Minister of Transport attending, even though he is ''one of them''!

Best get off here then, and complete getting the w/shop all ready:argh: PS wheres my invite?

Robert Taylor
9th April 2008, 12:38
Best get off here then, and complete getting the w/shop all ready:argh: PS wheres my invite?

Youve got to fully convert to my religion of compassionate conservatism first!

johnsv650
9th April 2008, 20:32
so if your "in that party" you get an invite..........and real learners get info on here........lol
south island awaits.............ohlins not politics.....

johnsv650
9th April 2008, 20:43
cogdy.......
data logger going south this year and electronic active rear shock going south first also, gotta catch up with technology in f3 down this way....
any comment robert.........?????? what is electronic active rear shock are they avaliable soon ?

Robert Taylor
9th April 2008, 22:29
cogdy.......
data logger going south this year and electronic active rear shock going south first also, gotta catch up with technology in f3 down this way....
any comment robert.........?????? what is electronic active rear shock are they avaliable soon ?

Not this year.