PDA

View Full Version : How much to paint my bike?

b1g-fuLLa
7th April 2008, 18:14
Hey guys, I have an rg150. Its quite scratched up by previous owners, but in good running condition with 12000 ks on the clock.

What I want to know is, how much would I be looking at for a full custom paint job? I want it a military style camo.............

Cheers

JimO
7th April 2008, 18:18
how much does a couple of spray cans cost

Steam
7th April 2008, 18:20
I want it a military style camo
I fully muthafuckin approve. Yeah!

b1g-fuLLa
7th April 2008, 18:20
how much does a couple of spray cans cost

Lol mate, i want quality! Heck, anybody who wants anything to look good, keep me away from paint and anything permanent! Me? Artist? Hell NO

EJK
7th April 2008, 18:24
Quality = expensive.

Are you willing to spend some good cash on a 150cc?

b1g-fuLLa
7th April 2008, 18:26
Quality = expensive.

Are you willing to spend some good cash on a 150cc?

YES. Well..... depends how much good cash is.....lol.

My idea of quality is, it looks good, and lasts a while.

I plan to have this bike for a while!

I just want to know a rough idea of price........... I want this bike to look MEAN. Just a pity it wont sound the part.......lol

Livvy
7th April 2008, 19:21
Good cash is quite a bit. Seriously, spray paint can work can look damn good if you've got talent (or friends with talent).

Go look at DingoZ (I think?) post on Tank Art in this forum. That's spray paint, and tell me that doesn't look friggin' godly.

ital916
7th April 2008, 20:12
I say use some spray can on the scratched up fairing, next step after that is to call atomic bike wreckers in auckland and buy the full fairings off the two rg150's they are wrecking at the moment and that way if need be you can swap your uber cool war machine paint job for a stock rg one if you want.

quallman1234
7th April 2008, 20:13
300-500 just for the paint.

Mikkel
7th April 2008, 21:17
I'm currently looking at getting a set of fairings painted - been quoted somewhere between $600 and $800 for a quality but fairly straight forward job with solid colours.

If you're going for the camo look (i.e. rough as guts looking) spray cans are the way to go. Good luck finding a buyer for it that will appreciate the paintjob.

b1g-fuLLa
8th April 2008, 19:06
I dont want rough as guts really eh, good solid browns nd greens.

Anybody know of any shop between hamils and orkland that might do it that I could ring for a quote? Or anybody with skill who wants to do a cash job? cheers