PDA

View Full Version : Update for those that wanted to know

fizbin
7th April 2008, 19:44
So i thought i would update for those that wanted to know.
They have as of this morning written my bike off:no:
Ah but on the bright side i get to go shopping for a new bike.:Punk:
My insurance claim has been accepted i insured the bike for 5k and it had a market value of around 5.5k so that is all good, better than over insuring it!:shit:
my helmet is being replaced and prob my jacket to!:woohoo:
as for me i am not to bad healing up. Not a bruise to show for it but hey you get that. i am still very stiff in my left side but that may have something to do with the 2 cracked ribs that i have.:doctor:
i have uploaded some photos of the bike as it stands now. it is all cosmetic damage, but that still came to a whopping 5.5k of damage pule the 500 or so to replace my gear.
It is being sold at auction if anyone is interested, would prob be a good buy for someone that new have to fix these things, it only has 17000 on the clock!:shit:
ah well that is life.
So now new bike time.
I like the suzi and am really temped but there are some really nice hoyos on trademe at the mo. ahhh but to choose. will let you know which one decide on.

Nagash
7th April 2008, 19:51
Get a rebel mate, you saw how sexy I look on mine. Haha!

Glad insurance is going pretty quick, and you should be able to get a fairly decent 250 for 5k, maby add a bit more of your own spending money and get something real fancy.

Good luck with your next bike! Glad the write off hasn't set you back on your riding career in the slightest.

See you on a Wednesday in the future?

fizbin
7th April 2008, 19:56
Get a rebel mate, you saw how sexy I look on mine. Haha!

Glad insurance is going pretty quick, and you should be able to get a fairly decent 250 for 5k, maby add a bit more of your own spending money and get something real fancy.

Good luck with your next bike! Glad the write off hasn't set you back on your riding career in the slightest.

See you on a Wednesday in the future?
yeah bro Wednesday will be there! i might pop up in the cage to see you guys this Wednesday just to say hello
yeah there is a real nice hyosung on trademe at the mo for around 5k only done 600kms!!!!!:shit::done:
Na i have a mate from work came off once has never been back on a bike since other than to putt around the car park on my late suzi!:nono:
ps: having a wife in insurance helps alot!

Nagash
7th April 2008, 19:59
yeah bro Wednesday will be there! i might pop up in the cage to see you guys this Wednesday just to say hello
yeah there is a real nice hyosung on trademe at the mo for around 5k only done 600kms!!!!!:shit::done:
Na i have a mate from work came off once has never been back on a bike since other than to putt around the car park on my late suzi!:nono:
ps: having a wife in insurance helps alot!

Those Hyo-bag's a pretty nice looking bikes, and after talking to Toto I reckon they'd make great tourers! The petrol tank is huge!

And the ol' wife in insurance trick aye.. that'll do it for yah.

I would thought they'd be all tight-arsed about it when it comes to family and money but perhaps it's a nicer environment than I gave it credit.

'On yah mate :niceone:

gijoe1313
7th April 2008, 19:59
Ahh glad to hear its all sorta working out for you! Hmm add a few more hundys and get yourself a little ol'hornet? :whistle: :msn-wink:

Hope all is healing up well and that thrill of chasing down another bike comes in soon! :yes:

fizbin
7th April 2008, 20:04
And the ol' wife in insurance trick aye.. that'll do it for yah.
I would thought they'd be all tight-arsed about it when it comes to family and money but perhaps it's a nicer environment than I gave it credit.
'On yah mate :niceone:

na my wifes work is awesome 50% discount! woot cheap insurance for me!!!!:headbang:

fizbin
7th April 2008, 20:08
Ahh glad to hear its all sorta working out for you! Hmm add a few more hundys and get yourself a little ol'hornet? :whistle: :msn-wink:
Hope all is healing up well and that thrill of chasing down another bike comes in soon! :yes:
thanks man hope to see you round soon! maybe on the way to hamilton, wellington, waikikamukau, eketahuna........... ROFL

BiK3RChiK
7th April 2008, 20:24

Make sure you test ride it before buying it! My Hyosung, while I really enjoy it, has a few 'issues'. You don't want to be down the track a little ways, find out it is out of it's warranty period (that is, if it's transferrable - I don't know about these things!) and have problems with it.

Glad your insurance has come through, and all the best getting a new ride.

Gubb
7th April 2008, 21:01
How much you want for it?

The :devil2: side of me is wondering if the engine would fit into the 125 frame.

fizbin
7th April 2008, 21:04
ROFL it goes to auction not my call soz cuz otherwise i would be keen to Frankenstein the bike with you!:devil2:

BiK3RChiK
8th April 2008, 06:44
How much you want for it?

The :devil2: side of me is wondering if the engine would fit into the 125 frame.

The insurance company owns it now... It's going to auction for them.

geoffc
8th April 2008, 17:47
The insurance company owns it now... It's going to auction for them.
Try buying the wreck from the insurance co then selling it on trademe. My son did this and got another $500 for no real effort. Help claw back some of the money you always seem to lose. Cheers Bro. Good that you are basically ok yourself.

glice
8th April 2008, 18:09
5k!!! thats heaps for a 250. you could get a nice cbr for that and they go heaps better and are bullet proof. make sure you shop around and test alot to get the best for your doh.

jrandom
8th April 2008, 18:20
5k!!! thats heaps for a 250. you could get a nice cbr for that and they go heaps better and are bullet proof.

Rubbish. No 15-to-20-year-old bike is 'bulletproof'. Frankly, I can't wait for the new licencing rules to come into play and the market for ancient, clapped-out 250cc IL4s to vanish.

In terms of what else is available, the Hyobags aren't particularly nice to ride, and seem to be developing a reputation for low build quality.

Personally, if I had 5K-ish to spend on a 250 that I was going to have to ride around on for a year or more, I'd go with a brand new bike - a Yamaha Scorpio as the cheap option or the new Kawasaki ZX-whatever 250 if I didn't mind sinking an extra couple of grand into something classier.

MidnightMike
8th April 2008, 20:01
Make sure you test ride it before buying it! My Hyosung, while I really enjoy it, has a few 'issues'. You don't want to be down the track a little ways, find out it is out of it's warranty period (that is, if it's transferrable - I don't know about these things!) and have problems with it.

What sort of problems are you having, electrical or mechanical?

Rubbish. No 15-to-20-year-old bike is 'bulletproof'. Frankly, I can't wait for the new licencing rules to come into play and the market for ancient, clapped-out 250cc IL4s to vanish.

In terms of what else is available, the Hyobags aren't particularly nice to ride, and seem to be developing a reputation for low build quality.

Personally, if I had 5K-ish to spend on a 250 that I was going to have to ride around on for a year or more, I'd go with a brand new bike - a Yamaha Scorpio as the cheap option or the new Kawasaki ZX-whatever 250 if I didn't mind sinking an extra couple of grand into something classier.

Damn right, all of it.

glice
9th April 2008, 08:54
Originally Posted by jrandom

I guess you have a bit of a point, but each to their own, yea?
if your on a budget and can only ride a 250 and you want something quickish, but dont have the money to spend on a 2 banger I see no problem.
and any bike is better than no bike.

CookMySock
9th April 2008, 09:30
Rubbish. No 15-to-20-year-old bike is 'bulletproof'. Frankly, I can't wait for the new licencing rules to come into play and the market for ancient, clapped-out 250cc IL4s to vanish.Yeah right with you there. They might be a cheap thrill around the track too, for those who want to spend minimal bucks.

In terms of what else is available, the Hyobags aren't particularly nice to ride, and seem to be developing a reputation for low build quality.I'm going to bag you on this one though. Have you had never ridden one ? The FACTS are, from someone who OWNS ONE, and whose wife OWNS ONE, is they are perfectly comfortable to ride at open road speeds. They are hard on the wrists at speeds under 80k, particularly for those not used to the sport bike posture. There have been NO issues with a sore arse, or sore back, ONLY wrists, and that is coming right slowly for us. At full chat the wrists problem is minimal as the torso is supported by wind pressure. Actually, it seems to be the cruiser people who get the numb bum situation.

Personally, if I had 5K-ish to spend on a 250 that I was going to have to ride around on for a year or more, I'd go with a brand new bike - a Yamaha Scorpio as the cheap option or the new Kawasaki ZX-whatever 250 if I didn't mind sinking an extra couple of grand into something classier.I agree with the new bike proposition, but the scorpio, GN, et al, feel like riding a flying stick insect at 100-120km/hr, in comparison to the massive GT250R, which feels much much more like a big comfy sportbike, coz it is - just with a little motor in it.

People who haven't ridden a GT250R - please go ride one. On the open road. At 100k.

DB

jrandom
9th April 2008, 09:42
Have you had never ridden one ?

Yes, I've ridden one, and I found it uncomfortable, underpowered compared to other, similar 250s, and generally a bike that gave the impression of being a bit cheap and nasty. I'd much rather have, say, a GPX250 or a GSX250.

The FACTS are, from someone who OWNS ONE, and whose wife OWNS ONE, is they are perfectly comfortable to ride at open road speeds.

I'm sure that one can get used to them and live with them, but how many other bikes have you ridden?

The best you've tried is the best you know, etc.

Ripperjon
9th April 2008, 09:45
Buy a bright green Ninja like mine, then everyone will see you coming!

Quick, pass me a piece of wood so i can touch it.

Nah, just kidding, all bikes come with a Klingon cloaking device that is permanently on.

Hope ur ribs heal up quick and glad to hear the insurance man is shelling out.

glice
9th April 2008, 09:50
Yeah right with you there. They might be a cheap thrill around the track too, for those who want to spend minimal bucks.

thats why i got mine, i wanted a 250 sports bike but didnt have much money.
I couldnt even buy half of one of these bikes you guys are talking about for what i payed for mine.