PDA

View Full Version : Herald today (8 April)

The Joka
8th April 2008, 19:33
Did anyone see the article in the Herald today, was all about the Cheese Cutters and the need to replace them?

paturoa
8th April 2008, 19:47
this one?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/topic/story.cfm?c_id=663&objectid=10502564

Radar
8th April 2008, 20:20
All sounds good to me. Replacing wires with concrete.

...the need for an urgent reassessment....
...There is a groundswell of international opinion in support of the benefits of concrete road barriers. In Norway, for instance, wire-rope barriers have been banned, and are being gradually replaced, while in other countries wire-rope barriers are being modified to reduce their impact in crashes to road users such as motorcyclists.

But then I wonder how 'urgent' the actual replacements will take place?

rainman
8th April 2008, 21:03
"* Patrick McGuire is chief executive of the Cement & Concrete Association of New Zealand"

I'm not complaining, but he's hardly unbiased...

henry
8th April 2008, 22:24
"* Patrick McGuire is chief executive of the Cement & Concrete Association of New Zealand"

He might also be a biker.

MaxB
8th April 2008, 22:33

Apparently Mr McGuire has a fair bit of experience in making this type of barrier so just maybe some good will come from this.(?)

TOTO
8th April 2008, 23:07

exactly what I was thinking. Would have been better coming from someone else, but its more than I can do about it so I hope it helps.

WelshWizard
9th April 2008, 16:50
delete as double post !

WelshWizard
9th April 2008, 16:54
It looks like the artical from the Dom Post but this time we have a link to it for every one to read, only thing missing is the TV3 picture they had with the artical of the WRB's showing where Dan was killed.

Looks like a bit of help may be coming after all finincial interest or not the Concrete Mob will have a bit more clout than we have , if only they had included a picture of the Ford Falcon that had hit the WRB's then more people would have taken notice and not just think its a motorcycle only issue.

Any way good on the Concrete Mob, and many thanks to Patrick McGuire for at least adding a new voice to the issue

BiK3RChiK
9th April 2008, 17:45
Blasted things! Should be banned here too.

Even with his conflict of interest, I hope he has some major clout to get the barriers replaced with concrete.

Trucks crossing through the wire rope barriers into oncoming traffic should be enough for people in glass cages to see the need to get rid of these damn things! Hell, they go on about the road toll enough!

Sorry.... rant over!

Skyryder
9th April 2008, 18:43
He might also be a biker.

As well as a usefull allie.

Skyryder

Ixion
9th April 2008, 21:35
BRONZ is trying to contact him .

yungatart
10th April 2008, 08:14
BRONZ is trying to contact him .

I'm pleased to hear that.
Keep us posted, Ixion.

sunhuntin
15th April 2008, 08:21
hows bronz going with contacting the concrete installer? maybe we can get him, or other installers, to join us on our rides.

twotyred
17th April 2008, 20:04
now that this important subject is entering into public /mainstream media consciousness, it is crucial that pressure and public awareness is kept at the forefront!