PDA

View Full Version : MR's write up of Pacific Road Race R2

Motoracer
13th December 2004, 13:25
First of all, I'd like to thank Quasie and Mrs evil for their great hospitality, letting us crash in their beautiful home and letting us have a great feed too!! :first:

Yesterday's racing event was a step forward for me in the right direction.

Here is how I went:

Practice 1: I was just scrubbing in the tyres (yep, that means I had brand new tyres for a change!!!). I took my time scrubbing in the tyres and getting the feel for the track again. During the last few laps I turned the pace up a bit to warm up for the next practice session. After bringing it in, the tyres worked beautifully and they were scrubbed in pretty well too. K14 told me that I had got 47s as my best time for practice. I thought that, it was pretty good for just scrubbing in the tyres.

Practice 2: I got the chance to up the pace a bit more and fully scrub in the tyres. I also got a good feel for the track by now.

After Lunch racing began.

Race 1: The way things are done in taupo is pretty relaxed or crazy! There are no qualifiying times or anything and basically who ever comes first in the warmup lap get's to pick his/her grid position. All thanx to my tyre warmers that F/F had kindly gifted to me, I was able to go hard straight way on the mad dash for a good grid position. I was able to slot my self in between Nick Cole and Glen Williams on the front row! (I am #15, 2nd one from the left on the pic below).

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/gallery/albums/userpics/10284/3.jpg

The red flag was taken out and we waited from the green flag to be dropped. As soon as the green flag twiched to move on it's way down, I could already hear the revs of the engines rising... just waiting for the clutch to be released. A few mili seconds later, all of us shot off like a bullet exploding out of the barrel of a gun. I still held 3rd position in a straight line but soon, a bunch of guys lined them selves up on the inside of turn one so I had to let them through. Then again, the same thing happened at the hairpin. I was kicked from 3rd to 9th position in less than half a lap. We went round and round for 6 laps and that was the end of race one. I managed to hold 9th position and I felt more and more comfertable with the bike and the track with each lap. I had managed a best lap of 44s with a pretty consistant 45s so I was pretty happy with that. The pic below is from Race 1:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/gallery/albums/userpics/10284/4.jpg

Race 2: For race 2, I was feeling a lot more confident. again, we furiously shot out of the pits to go around the warm up lap as quickly as possible. Again I got a front row grid position. This time I was commited to not letting other people pass and try to be a bit more agressive. Again, the green flag dropped and we took off like the wind. We went into turn one and this time I had covered my line well, not letting others pass through. Through the hairpin as well, I kept a really tight line, making it impossible for someone to pass me around the outside. This time I grabed 6th position after completing the 6 laps. I was really happy about it because I could actually see the guys up front this time and I could feel like I was getting more closer to the F2 race pace. The guys came around and cheered for me, which was really cool. This time I had come 4th in F2 and 6th overall because They ran F2 and F1 classes at the same time. More important than that, i managed a low 43s lap time!! I was really happy about that. I wanted the 43 but I didn't think, it would come to me this soon!

Race 3: I started race 3, in a typicaly MR manner. As the guys were shooting off for the warmup lap into the track, I was still undoing the tyre warmers and getting the bike off the race stands. TS quickly came to the rescue and I managed to sneak into the 2nd row of the grid by skipping the warm up lap. This time I was behind a few guys to begin with and after getting the green flag, some more guys got through because I had a crap start as well. I managed to get past someone at the hairpin and I started going pretty well. Then a Supermotard of all things overtook me around the sweeper. A Supermotard?? As good as they may be around corners, they'r no match for a inline 4 600cc bike on a straight. I took him on the straight and then kept him at bay for the rest of the race. I also had a good battle with a guy riding a GSXR1000 up front. I almost managed to get him on the hairpin but he didn't budge. For the rest of the race, I was just waiting for the moment to make a pass but then I missed a gear comming out of the hairpin and that was the end of that. I came around for the 6th time and I came home at 7th (I think) for Race 3 behind the Gixxer thou.

Overall I was happy with my performance and the performance of the bike and tyres as well. I am finally begining to feel comfertable during racing conditions. I have always found race conditions stressfull and nerv wrecking so far (although shit loads of fun at the same time). But now, from how I went yesterday, I just felt like as if it was almost like a KB ride where I didn't have any worries. The only thing I was foccused on was riding my bike well. I have a long long way to go but the path is becomming a lot more clearer.

Thank you for all the guys who helped me out, timed me, took pictures of me etc etc. It really does help to have you guys out there for support. Not only is it just helpfull but I probably couldn't have done as well, if it wasn't for the support from you guys. So, cheers for that! :)

Most KB guys out there were doing very well but the few that caught my attention for doing exceptionally well were of course TS, ThatGuy and scroter. It's scarry to think what TS will be capable of in a few months/years of racing, if he's doing this well already! Well done that man!! :niceone:

Firefight
13th December 2004, 13:31
awesome write up up man,are you sure your not a bike Jurno ?..
Glad it went so well for you and the others...

F/F :wacko:

Cajun
13th December 2004, 13:43
awesome write up up man,are you sure your not a bike Jurno ?..
Glad it went so well for you and the others...

F/F :wacko:

Good on ya mate, glad ya had a great day

i got the service manual for ya bike if ya want it also. pdf file

Coldkiwi
13th December 2004, 13:52
wicked write up (and what great subject material)! I wouldn't get worried about the motard going round the outside tho, cause that is what they do best! Good to hear you gobbled him on the straights :)

and no crashes! you beauty!

Andrew
13th December 2004, 13:53
Well done Sudeep you're improving all the time. I'll have to come watch next time. :)

Quasievil
13th December 2004, 13:54
gOOD WRITE UP MATE, GOOD READIN (CAPS) yEAH YOU DID BLOODY WELL, WE COULD ACTUALLY SEE THE IMPROVING AS YOU RODE (FUCK CAPS thought I turned them off) we could see the confidence bursting outta ya leathers mate, looked as much of a racer as any of them, and better than most!!!!

No Probs with accomodation youre both welcome any time mate, cant believe I got out of bed at 5am to cook ya bloody breakfast though !!!

Good all round day

:2thumbsup

loosebruce
13th December 2004, 14:11
Feckin aye MR, those lap times were hot, i can't believe the improvment, well done for sure, do ya reckon that day with fred has helped you alot in regards with the Taupo track.
Go sticky tyres as well, what a differnce a good set of rubber can make.
Now i shall pay you less so hopefully you can only afford cheap arse shinko's then maybe i can still hang with you, er maybe.

Bruce

Shade
13th December 2004, 14:19
Wicked stuff Sudeep!

Wont be long till you'll be in the top 3 all the time. Go for it!

Motoracer
13th December 2004, 15:16
Thanks guys! :)

Cajun: Do you mean, a manual for me or F/F?

Quasie: Yea, I couldn't belive it either. Your a legend mate! P.S. Thanks for your eforts but I'm sorry I wasn't putting out any of that MR charm for your line up. Even though that Rose chick was pretty hot, I think that I was way too focused and a bit stressed about the raceday to be thinking about girls.

Bruce: That training day definitely helped for sure. It was really good to walk around the track with hoon in the morning because I could recap from his notes. Ohhhh... I was just gunna come and talk to you about my raise too. :disapint:

Cajun
13th December 2004, 15:18
Thanks guys! :)

Cajun: Do you mean, a manual for me or F/F?

Quasie: Yea, I couldn't belive it either. Your a legend mate! P.S. Thanks for your eforts but I'm sorry I wasn't putting out any of that MR charm for your line up. Even though that Rose chick was pretty hot, I think that I was way too focused and a bit stressed about the raceday to be thinking about girls.

Bruce: That training day definitely helped for sure. It was really good to walk around the track with hoon in the morning because I could recap from his notes. Ohhhh... I was just gunna come and talk to you about my raise too. :disapint:
Manual for you mate, pm ya address and i post you a cd copy of it. or if ya got a fast connection i got a site you can d/l it from.

F/F bike is to far gone to even bother fixing, its a yamaha just throw it away its junk dc:<

Firefight
13th December 2004, 16:47
F/F bike is to far gone to even bother fixing, its a yamaha just throw it away its junk dc:<

Come on then :angry2: I'll fuckin throw you away :crazy: mate.

F/F :crazy:

Two Smoker
13th December 2004, 17:00
Awesome write up Sudeep :niceone: you were flying out there, and looked very controlled and smooth.... You will hit the 42's in no time.....

Hurry up and get a Suzuki Dave.... Wait till you hear mine with an aftermarket pipe :shifty: you can hear it next week if you donate me $900 lol....

James Deuce
13th December 2004, 17:06
Arrr, Oi loikes livin' vicariously through you young uns!!

Keep the race reports coming folks, and by golly you all have a standard to live up to now!!

Nice job MR.

sAsLEX
13th December 2004, 17:09

dont worry hes just sick in the head from that god awful calf shit coloured bike blinding his sense of taste!!!

Firefight
13th December 2004, 18:07
dont worry hes just sick in the head from that god awful calf shit coloured bike blinding his sense of taste!!!

Yeah good on ya mate :2thumbsup .

F/F :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yamahamaman
13th December 2004, 18:17
Yeah good on ya mate :2thumbsup .

F/F :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yup, those youngsters just can't afford quality :whistle:

Cajun
13th December 2004, 18:25

Settle down old man, you give yaself a heart attack

Two Smoker
13th December 2004, 18:25
Yup, those youngsters just can't afford quality :whistle:but you yamaha people cant handle the superior performance..... lol.... go on prove us wrong, buy a Suzuki :niceone:

Cajun
13th December 2004, 18:26
dont worry hes just sick in the head from that god awful calf shit coloured bike blinding his sense of taste!!! settle down there lad
Get a haircut
get a real job

then get a real bike like a suzuki dc:<

Cajun
13th December 2004, 18:27
Yup, those youngsters just can't afford quality :whistle:
Yes we can afford quality thats why we don't have to be always updating our bikes to the newer model out of fear they are gonna fall apart on us like some people who i will not say

sAsLEX
13th December 2004, 19:42
settle down there lad
Get a haircut
get a real job

then get a real bike like a suzuki dc:<

quite ironic that statement! in a few ways!

Cajun
13th December 2004, 19:59
quite ironic that statement! in a few ways! yup that it is mate

Yamahamaman
13th December 2004, 20:05
Yes we can afford quality thats why we don't have to be always updating our bikes to the newer model out of fear they are gonna fall apart on us like some people who i will not say
Nah, it's not like that at all. You're just making excuses because you bought a lemon. It's yellow: it must be a lemon. :yeah:

Two Smoker
13th December 2004, 22:03
quite ironic that statement! in a few ways!
now all you need is the bike :shifty:

lol..... nothing wrong with the NC30......

Kwaka-Kid
14th December 2004, 05:42
NC30 be good! :)

anyways Well done MR! pleased to hear you got right up and in there! the more experience around hte track you gain the better hey, with the experience your times will only go one way. Or so they tell me.

anyways nice write up mate, was good to read and nice pics.

Cajun
14th December 2004, 06:35
Nah, it's not like that at all. You're just making excuses because you bought a lemon. It's yellow: it must be a lemon. :yeah: its not lemon is banana get it right dc:<

Shade
14th December 2004, 09:28
NC30 be good! :)

anyways Well done MR! pleased to hear you got right up and in there! the more experience around hte track you gain the better hey, with the experience your times will only go one way. Or so they tell me.

anyways nice write up mate, was good to read and nice pics.

LOL - Never ceases to amaze me.... ANY mention of NC30 and you can guarantee KK will be the next poster. :killingme

Kwaka-Kid
14th December 2004, 18:47
NC30
did you say NC30? what NC30?

Motoracer
14th December 2004, 18:55
Thanks again guys. KK, you should've been there, was heaps of fun. Unfortunatly I wont be there for the next round. but have fun and give it heaps when you are out there next.

The rest of you kids, play nice! EVERYONE knows silly yammies, hondas, kwakas ain't no match for suzies! :niceone:

Two Smoker
14th December 2004, 19:41
Thanks again guys. KK, you should've been there, was heaps of fun. Unfortunatly I wont be there for the next round. but have fun and give it heaps when you are out there next.

The rest of you kids, play nice! EVERYONE knows silly yammies, hondas, kwakas ain't no match for suzies! :niceone:I second that....

Quasievil
14th December 2004, 19:48
The rest of you kids, play nice! EVERYONE knows silly yammies, hondas, kwakas ain't no match for suzies! :niceone:[/QUOTE]
Them be fighting words Partner:kick:

Two Smoker
14th December 2004, 20:02
The rest of you kids, play nice! EVERYONE knows silly yammies, hondas, kwakas ain't no match for suzies! :niceone:Them be fighting words Partner:kick:[/QUOTE]wanna take it to the track :shifty:

Wellyman
14th December 2004, 20:12
Settle down old man, you give yaself a heart attack

now now cajun be nice to your elder freinds because they are wiser!

Cajun
15th December 2004, 07:51
now now cajun be nice to your elder freinds because they are wiser!
yeah wiser but older so they can't remember things correctly its that azthemes thing, and F/F has a case of it real bad dc:<

He wakes up ever morning goes out side to look at his shinny suzuki, and walks to the garage and sees he has a yamaha and saddness sets in, and repeats it every day cause he forgets. feel sorry for the old chap,

Firefight
15th December 2004, 07:58
yeah wiser but older so they can't remember things correctly its that azthemes thing, and F/F has a case of it real bad dc:<

He wakes up ever morning goes out side to look at his shinny suzuki, and walks to the garage and sees he has a yamaha and saddness sets in, and repeats it every day cause he forgets. feel sorry for the old chap,

:killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme

Firefight :eek:

Cajun
15th December 2004, 08:05
:killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme

Firefight :eek:
have a good ride today mate, started raining here about 20 mins ago )c:<
bike going in tomorrow for its 12000km service (c:<

Firefight
15th December 2004, 08:07
have a good ride today mate, started raining here about 20 mins ago )c:<
bike going in tomorrow for its 12000km service (c:<

Thanks Neal, pay to get the bloody thing painted at the same time.

F/F :killingme

Cajun
15th December 2004, 08:15
Thanks Neal, pay to get the bloody thing painted at the same time.

F/F :killingme
Pfft, banana is a superhero colour like my secret identy BANANA MAN, , not like that poofy blue

Wellyman
15th December 2004, 08:16

hahahaha :killingme :killingme :killingme

Cajun
15th December 2004, 08:18
hahahaha :killingme :killingme :killingme
we laught cause we know it is so very very true

Wellyman
15th December 2004, 08:27
we laught cause we know it is so very very true

Hey Cajun it looks like it's been a while since your been at school.
laugt = Laughed

Cajun
15th December 2004, 08:48
Hey Cajun it looks like it's been a while since your been at school.
laugt = Laughed
no i just can't spell dc:<

Motoracer
15th December 2004, 10:29
Them be fighting words Partner:kick:
Yea, I thought it was about time I said something about all the Suzuki bashing that's been going around. :ar15: