PDA

View Full Version : Advice on general wandering about this fair land

elpigaro
10th April 2008, 17:35
Hey all recently arrived from Ireland and picking up a bike in christchurch in the coming days, in NZ for another year and just wanted to know what are the things in the members opinions that one absolutely should and should not do.
I realise this is an open ended question anyway Ill be inchristchurch this weekend if anyone wants to meet for a beer and impart some knowledge,
Many thanks,
Elpigaro
:banana::apint:

jrandom
10th April 2008, 17:36
Don't fall off your bike.

:niceone:

tri boy
10th April 2008, 18:40
Do enjoy yourself.:sunny:

MyGSXF
10th April 2008, 18:47
DO.. come & say gidday when ya in Nelson!! :2thumbsup

oh.. & make absolutely sure ya DO the Crown Range road.. :drool: (from Wanaka to Queenstown!!) :wari:

Jen :rockon:

CookMySock
10th April 2008, 19:06
do post on KB regularly. include pictures. Tell us about your (mis)adventures.

DB

YellowDog
10th April 2008, 19:16
The Guinness isn't so good here.

Keep up with KB meets and rides.

There is great riding N,S,E,W of both Islands.

Edbear
10th April 2008, 19:57
...There is great riding N,S,E,W of both Islands.

Yeah, and all over the place as well..!:sunny:

puddytat
10th April 2008, 21:05
Eat a Steak & cheese pie...(the ones that come in a paper bag)
Ride the Buller Gorge:woohoo:

FJRider
10th April 2008, 21:09
Do the Brass Monkey

MaxB
10th April 2008, 21:14
How about:
Taste some qualtiy venison.
Do the East Coast loop (Gisborne-Opotiki-East Cape-Gisborne).

karla
10th April 2008, 21:22
DO.. come & say gidday when ya in Nelson!! :2thumbsup

oh.. & make absolutely sure ya DO the Crown Range road.. :drool: (from Wanaka to Queenstown!!) :wari:

Jen :rockon:

I think Jen and I should get together and start a lonely bikers accommodation business. Is her couch as comfortable as mine? We could get a few two wheeled travellers to compare notes. :yes:

Elpigaro - welcome to the land of the long white cloud, look forward to seeing you. There may be a ride on Sat afternoon to Duvuchelles, or Sunday - maybe to Diamond Harbour? The coffee out there is pretty good ...

In Chch there are rides every Wed night (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=63581), although it's getting a bit cold ... I don't get along often but there is always someone there to ride with.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

MyGSXF
10th April 2008, 21:38
I think Jen and I should get together and start a lonely bikers accommodation business. Is her couch as comfortable as mine? We could get a few two wheeled travellers to compare notes. :yes:

hehehee.. Good idea chick!! :devil2: but I'd win m'dear!!! :girlfight: my boys get doubled up in one room & the visitor gets to stay in the empty room.. in a real bed!! :bleh: (only a dwarf would fit on our couch.. :shutup:)

karla
10th April 2008, 22:16
hehehee.. Good idea chick!! :devil2: but I'd win m'dear!!! :girlfight: my boys get doubled up in one room & the visitor gets to stay in the empty room.. in a real bed!! :bleh: (only a dwarf would fit on our couch.. :shutup:)

Mmmm - palatial :) I've had the blow-up bed out for another biker, but have slept on the couch many times myself and it's pretty nice so I don't have a preference either way as long as I don't have to give up my bed.

TWhat do you feed passing bikers? I opted for the traditional roast (lamb and veges) and pancakes (Sunday night tradition), but I think that I need to revise this now that I am assuming the role of "city grll". Perhaps a fritatta, (http://www.thekiwiholiday.com/recipe/frittata) and salad, and you can't go past the old pavlova and fruit salad of course. I've been working and feeding kids three minute noodles for too long ...

Ops - sorry epigaro - thread hijack! Back to you ... :Offtopic: :rolleyes:

Do .. try whitebait on the West Coast and crayfish in Kaikoura ...

elpigaro
12th April 2008, 14:49
Cheers folks for all the advice, bought the beast today a 1250 bandit so will be out and about shortly will keep in touch and photos will be on the way, thanks for all the replies,
Elpioaro

Jantar
12th April 2008, 15:45
Enjoy your time over here, and keep your planned itinery up to date. That way we'll know when to expect you in various parts of the country, and can let you know whats happening. :ride:

MIXONE
12th April 2008, 16:25
Mmmm - palatial :) I've had the blow-up bed out for another biker, but have slept on the couch many times myself and it's pretty nice so I don't have a preference either way as long as I don't have to give up my bed.

TWhat do you feed passing bikers? I opted for the traditional roast (lamb and veges) and pancakes (Sunday night tradition), but I think that I need to revise this now that I am assuming the role of "city grll". Perhaps a fritatta, (http://www.thekiwiholiday.com/recipe/frittata) and salad, and you can't go past the old pavlova and fruit salad of course. I've been working and feeding kids three minute noodles for too long ...

Ops - sorry epigaro - thread hijack! Back to you ... :Offtopic: :rolleyes:

Do .. try whitebait on the West Coast and crayfish in Kaikoura ...

Hey I'm in Chchur quite often.Can I pop round for a roast?

karla
12th April 2008, 16:29
Hey I'm in Chchur quite often.Can I pop round for a roast?

Sure - wanna sleep on the couch too? :rolleyes:

I'm thinking about sealing over my front lawn for the multitudes of bikers who are going to start calling in ... lol

chrisso
14th April 2008, 18:20
Eat a Steak & cheese pie...(the ones that come in a paper bag)
Ride the Buller Gorge:woohoo:
--- and the Lindus Pass, and Arthurs Pass, Lewis Pass, Burkes Pass, French Pass( on a Chook Chaser)Queen Charlotte Drive, etc etc . and Tell some Sheep jokes( when youre sick of Irish Jokes haha ---Have fun

elpigaro
1st May 2008, 16:36
Hey all im sorry havent kept this up to date,
Ive been in Christ church and have ridden to Akoroa, Arthurs Pass, Timaru and Kaikoura, I have also done the summit road in Christchurch a couple of times. You guys have some absolutely amazing roads over here for riding unfortunately you have some crazy cagers. Anyway the outline plan is to work for three months and I will be based south of Timaru, If theres any meets and greets happening down that direction or any major meet ups ill try and make them , where would I find info on the forum, :confused:
Anyway Ill be in touch, And if your wondering if youve seen me Im the one with the dalmation ears on the helmet,
Slan Elpigaro

McDuck
3rd May 2008, 13:34
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3
Just look for topics form the area you will be in :)
Have fun :)

P38
3rd May 2008, 16:12
Dont let the Cops get ya :Police::Police::Police:

They are under orders from Aunty Hellen to tax honest bikers every chance they get.:yeah:

Oh an Keep ya shiney side up.

raftn
20th June 2008, 17:50
Haast to wnaka...the best road in NZ! Any where you go...you will be liked, we quit like the Irish over here.........its the poms we not keen on! oh and aussies, and french and blah blah blah!

wickle
20th June 2008, 20:55
Haast to wnaka...the best road in NZ! Any where you go...you will be liked, we quit like the Irish over here.........its the poms we not keen on! oh and aussies, and french and blah blah blah!
A comment like this from one who is based above the Bombay Hills

raftn
20th June 2008, 22:53
A comment like this from one who is based above the Bombay Hills

Your point being?

nallac
21st June 2008, 06:04
Your point being?

ya forgot to add anyone south of the bombays..