PDA

View Full Version : Got another toy. Yay!

tommorth
10th April 2008, 20:10
94 kdx import version has had last owner fixed all the bits and pieces on it so just gotta get a helmet (dont really think my road one suits) and find somewhere to go fall off it

kiwifruit
10th April 2008, 20:15
you're in for some fun! :yes: :woohoo:

paturoa
10th April 2008, 20:16
A blue KDX ????

I didn't know they had other coloured plastic at the Kawka factory.

tommorth
10th April 2008, 20:42
should be heaps of fun goes and stops a lot beter than my old twin shock xr250
headlights beter than a rg150 to are there ant min requirments for gear to ride at woodhill etc ,other than a helmet?

Buddy L
10th April 2008, 21:18
i have seen pink/purple KDX's and a few painted black with the colours showing through the paint.

Boot and armour are a must, if you plan on falling off.
Off road boots are alot stiffer then road

barty5
10th April 2008, 23:20
BOOTS tree roots in feet are not fun they hurt a lot (ive had it happen)

tommorth
11th April 2008, 18:06
dont plan on falling off ive only ever done it once on purpose but i know it will happen possibly a lot
got a helmet today hopefully go for a ride this weekend driveways not really long enough
boots will have to wait a few weeks

notch
12th April 2008, 08:57
yeah get some boots before you ride... Motomail on college hill, ponsonby has an outlet sale today...

cheese
12th April 2008, 09:08
Who plans on falling off. It just happens alot on dirt bikes. I've been very grateful for (and used) every single piece of saftey gear I've got.

mattwood
12th April 2008, 09:16
get some gloves as well!

nothing worse then prickles and massive cuts and scratches on your hands when you are trying to ride :crybaby:

barty5
12th April 2008, 09:47
get some gloves as well!

nothing worse then prickles and massive cuts and scratches on your hands when you are trying to ride :crybaby:

i find gloves never really stop the prickles normally end up digging them out for round a week or two after running through them (not that i try to run into them)

mattwood
12th April 2008, 13:00
i find gloves never really stop the prickles normally end up digging them out for round a week or two after running through them (not that i try to run into them)

hah, i suppose your right. I guess you need hand guards for that sorta stuff!

tommorth
12th April 2008, 14:08
fukn choice just spent a couple of hours at sandpit what a wicked place never riden in much sand before only came off once when in a moment of stupidity i had ago around the mx track rode into some tires went over the bars lucky no one saw haha
:wari::wari::wari::2thumbsup