PDA

View Full Version : Man dies on new bike in dealer's parking lot

vifferman
11th April 2008, 08:34
What a noob! (http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080403/NEWS01/80403048) Didn't even make it out of the dealership. :blink:

Str8 Jacket
11th April 2008, 08:36
The title of your thread has a spelling error.

vifferman
11th April 2008, 08:40
The title of your thread has a spelling error.
No kidding?
I haven't had my first coffeetea of the day yet. And my keyboard is dxlsice.

Blossom
11th April 2008, 08:43
OMG... there are no words... I mean seriously how fast can you go in a parking lot to lose control of a bike and kill yourself??? ok so there are some words...

Str8 Jacket
11th April 2008, 08:43
No kidding?
I haven't had my first coffeetea of the day yet. And my keyboard is dxlsice.

No kidding! :p
Ive already had half a 1.5 bottle of coke so im alert and shit..... no, really.

scumdog
11th April 2008, 08:49
OMG... there are no words... I mean seriously how fast can you go in a parking lot to lose control of a bike and kill yourself??? ok so there are some words...

Years ago near Dunedin a guy died after falling from his bike in a parking lot.

Never even moved off- just lost his balance while sitting on the bike and smacked his head on the ground.

Usarka
11th April 2008, 08:49

He'd probably never ridden a bike before....straight onto a brand new harley...

my first ride on a motorcycle i went through a vegetable garden and a hedge :eek5: (ok i was only 11)

Oakie
11th April 2008, 08:53

Nothing to do with speed I'd suggest. More to do with how his head hit the ground or whatever it hit. Still ... if he'd been wearing a helmet he'd only be embarrased instead of dead.

Blossom
11th April 2008, 08:59
True true. Its still worthy of the Darwin award though. He would be the poster child for getting insurance before you leave the dealership.

vifferman
11th April 2008, 09:03
Years ago near Dunedin a guy died after falling from his bike in a parking lot.

Never even moved off- just lost his balance while sitting on the bike and smacked his head on the ground.
Years ago, my cousin died disembarking from his yacht. Tripped over, clonked his head on the wharf. :(

P38
11th April 2008, 09:57
Well that would bugger ya day up.

Cant understand why anyone would ride without a skid lid, but there ya go

EJK
11th April 2008, 12:01
WTF?? How can he kill himself on a HARLEY? Thats the first Harley fatal accident I've ever heard!

BiK3RChiK
11th April 2008, 12:27
Head injuries can kill or if unlucky just make one a cabbage for the rest of your life with someone else to feed you and wipe your ass.

YellowDog
11th April 2008, 12:51
What a noob! (http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080403/NEWS01/80403048) Didn't even make it out of the dealership. :blink:
That is just awful.

I take it there was no legal requirement to wear a helmet in that State.

klingon
11th April 2008, 13:27
That is just awful.

I take it there was no legal requirement to wear a helmet in that State.

He wasn't out on the road yet - just riding it from one side of the dealer's yard to the other. Who knows if he was intending to go out on the road? Poor guy. :(

nodrog
11th April 2008, 13:42
WTF?? How can he kill himself on a HARLEY? Thats the first Harley fatal accident I've ever heard!

why is this so hard for you to believe?

RiderInBlack
11th April 2008, 14:18
Why have I got this Green Day song running in my head after reading this<_< Feel for his family though.

fergie
11th April 2008, 15:22

ha ha ha ha ha

YellowDog
11th April 2008, 16:02
Apparently there have been a number of deaths on the earlier Harleys (so I have been told). There was a design fault, when at low speed, which caused the steering to over turn and reverse the direction. A mate of mine had a serious accident (died twice but got brought back) in the South of France, with no memory of the accident. He put it down to pilot error and said design fault. Three years later, the Catholic girlfriend of the idiot driving the van that nearly killed him (twice) went to confess to the Police. Apparently her disqualified boyfriend hit the Harley up the back whilst it was stopped at a T junction at the end of a one way street. In a panic at not wanting to be caught, the driver drove straight over my mate's chest resulting in a puctured lung and crushed shoulder. The rear wheel missed his head by about 10cm. The confessing girlfriend was convinced that the biker would have been killed, which is why she had to confess. She went to jail for 18 months and the ex-boyfriend got 6 years.

My mate was quite angry by this revelation and said that he would rather have never discovered the truth. He was content with the pilot error explanation.

henry
11th April 2008, 16:14
Film at six...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJPDnbxlNIY

Skyryder
11th April 2008, 16:24
A few years back there was a chick who was killed in the Sandridge parking lot.

Slammed into a wall.

It's easily done. Accidently blip the throttle or drop the clutch and the bike jumps forward, rider is thrown backward and the throttle is twisted even further as he/she tries to hang on resulting in more speed with the rider hanging on even tighter.

Skyryder

Skyryder
11th April 2008, 16:30

I don't mind you having a go at Harley's but the sarcasm on this subject is not called for.

There was a Harley rider killed in the Lewis not so long ago. He was either going or coming back from a rally

Skyryder

DougieNZ
11th April 2008, 16:46
A agree. A Harley Rider is just as vulnerable as the rest of us... I feel sorry for this guy and his family..

Whether Scott Watson is going to be freed anytime soon... well that's a whole other debate!

tri boy
11th April 2008, 17:02

Approx 7kmh can be fatal without a helmet. Makes one think...............

Jiminy
11th April 2008, 19:23
Approx 7kmh can be fatal without a helmet. Makes one think...............

Better not walk too fast, then...

tri boy
11th April 2008, 19:43
Better not walk too fast, then...

A flatemate of mine in Sydney tripped, fell forward while carrying two cartons of beer.
Forehead hit the ground first, and he never woke up again.
(he was pretty drunk apparently)

Blossom
11th April 2008, 20:58

My brother died in a Harley bin when I was 14. My other brother survived but has been an invalid ever since. Cage was at fault. I am not a Harley junkie but "ouch".

skidMark
11th April 2008, 21:05
Um he wasnt wearing a helmet even at 20-30kph hitting a parked car your toast.

We are more fragile than ya think, one bump to the noggin and shes all over.

YellowDog
11th April 2008, 21:10
Um he wasnt wearing a helmet even at 20-30kph hitting a parked car your toast.

We are more fragile than ya think, one bump to the noggin and shes all over.
Yep, banged mine today doing some DIY. Had to go and lay down for 30 mins. Now have abump like having a chuffin golf ball on my head.

EJK
11th April 2008, 23:46
Ok... sorry that was a bad joke...

Owl
13th April 2008, 02:07
It’s illegal to not wear a helmet in NY. I hope the bike shop’s liability insurance is up to date. :doh:

1200custom
13th April 2008, 10:23
Ok... sorry that was a bad joke...

before you start bashing certain bikes, you need to get a real one, maybe upgrade yourself to a 250 haha :scooter:

Bonez
13th April 2008, 11:06
Approx 7kmh can be fatal without a helmet. So can zero kmh. Yip makes you think all right.

SDU
14th April 2008, 11:20
A few years back there was a chick who was killed in the Sandridge parking lot.

Slammed into a wall.

It's easily done. Accidently blip the throttle or drop the clutch and the bike jumps forward, rider is thrown backward and the throttle is twisted even further as he/she tries to hang on resulting in more speed with the rider hanging on even tighter.

Skyryder

Yes she was doing a friend of hers a favor & was going to ride his bike home for him as he had too much to drink. She hadn't ridden that bike before or as powerful a one (from memory) & when she took off she got caught out and went into the wall. From what I was told I don't think she had time to try to save it. Tragic.
She was a great chic that would help anyone out

Livvy
16th April 2008, 19:12
It's unfortunate, incredibly so, but this stuff happens. SkidMark's right - we're very vulnerable creatures. Think about how thin the bone is on your temple! Smacking a person on their temple with your fist could be lethal.

BBzz
16th April 2008, 20:42
Yes she was doing a friend of hers a favor & was going to ride his bike home for him as he had too much to drink. She hadn't ridden that bike before or as powerful a one (from memory) & when she took off she got caught out and went into the wall. From what I was told I don't think she had time to try to save it. Tragic.
She was a great chic that would help anyone out

It wasn’t a 350 Kawasaki S2 by chance, they had a wicked power band, it Waz said that the Japanese DEVELOPED the bike as a pay back for Hiroshima
Check out the web site that sold the bike http://www.jimmoroneyscycle.com/aboutus.asp sounds like they are into getting more HP out of the HDs hope they don’t forget the Brakes:Oops:

KiwiNZ
16th April 2008, 21:07
I nearly die the other day when the sealer gave me my first service invoice for new bike. :doctor:

Motu
16th April 2008, 22:42
you shooda hit the seal on the head with a club - they don't wear helmets.

Kittyhawk
16th April 2008, 23:19
For moments he was a biker until he crashed, at least he died over the moon and left this world happy for buying a new bike...(we all know that buzz we get when we just purchase new bike)

RIP.

Anytime anywhere it happens....

Rogue
19th April 2008, 02:12
I dont know you could class him as a biker when he was in the parking lot.
When your times up............. poor bugger.

PrincessBandit
26th April 2008, 15:44
my first ride on a motorcycle i went through a vegetable garden and a hedge :eek5: (ok i was only 11)

Ripper Roo92 went into our fish pond on his 80cc !! (but he was only 9 at the time)