PDA

View Full Version : Review : Leatt neck brace ( adults and kids)

soundbeltfarm
11th April 2008, 09:09
Got a Leatt for me and one each for my 2 kids from Scott the other day and i will say he has them for a great price.
I cant believe how adjustable they are and everyone is different and these adjust to fit anybody and they are comfy.
i fitted Jakes one first( 4yr old), and it pro took about 20 mins and then fitted his helmet and it all fitted great.
the brace can be changed so the neck cavity is bigger or smaller, the part that goes down the spine can be changed to 2 different angles and it can also be moved in towards the top of the back and out from the top of the back. the front lip can be moved up and down and also the rear can be moved up and down.
all the parts need to alter the brace are included.
Jakes brace fitted sweet with his armour which is vcan brand.
next up was Lukes (6 yr old) , his brace was adjusted pretty much the same but his part that goes down your back was shimmed out by one of the supplied shims.
then we tried with helmet on and it was good.
his armour didn't fit with the brace so i cut out the foam under the shoulder pad parts and it fits sweet as. his armour is fox.
i lifted the rear flap of the brace on both braces and they have had no trouble getting used to wearing them.
Next up was mine.
i got some xl pins off scott but didn't need them so adjusted the brace to fit.
took me about 10 mins after doing the kids i knew what i was doing so it was quicker.
sorted it out with helmet on but it didn't fit with my armour either ( fox)
so i removed the padding from my shoulder pads too.
fits sweet as now.
took me all of about 10 mins to get used to riding with it on .
not crash tested mine yet but i was riding with jake around the farm and he hit a dirty bull hole and went over the bars, his leg got hooked on the handle bars which sent him head and shoulder first into the ground.
he just hurt his leg a bit from the bars but rest of him was fine.
whether the brace actually done anything i dont know , but it is peace of mind for me knowing im trying to protect him as best i can and if it helps just a little well i think its worth it.
i was beside him when he hit the hole and the brace stopped all the movement in his neck on impact.
If you are considereing one of these i would definatley give Scott from Mrmotorcycles a call as he is selling them now and has a very good price.