PDA

View Full Version : Around the world tour on a WOGorcycle

partireper.it
12th April 2008, 01:57
G'day mates.

This is Gionata (Jono) from Italy.

I have been doing some travelling since 2005 on a 21 years old motorcycle and New Zealand has been my 24rd country so far.

Thought i could share with you some of my experiences and put you straight away on the road for your own world tour.

Cool Video Motorcycle 2007 (http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=0CYhsHl7vQ8)

My first language is PASTA, but you can find some English stuff about the world tour, too.

I'll be in this Forum for a wee while, so drop me a line if you are eager to know more about this.

Cheers.

Jono

http://www.partireper.it/eng_magazine.htm

http://www.partireper.it/eng_radioetv.htm

partireper.it
12th April 2008, 01:58
Cause I forgot to say that if i can do it with 733 bucks a month, you can do that too!

:chase:

SDU
14th April 2008, 11:50
Welcome Jono
Hope you are making the most of the local weather before winter hits. What an awesome tour you're on do you plan to base yourself here for long?
Turn up & meet some of the locals on a ride sometime. Be great to hear some stories

Anzac day there is a ambo charity ride where sometimes there is a large mix from vintage - latest bikes which can be interesting. A fast way of meeting lots of different yokels

partireper.it
14th April 2008, 17:00
Welcome Jono
Hope you are making the most of the local weather before winter hits. What an awesome tour you're on do you plan to base yourself here for long?
Turn up & meet some of the locals on a ride sometime. Be great to hear some stories

Anzac day there is a ambo charity ride where sometimes there is a large mix from vintage - latest bikes which can be interesting. A fast way of meeting lots of different yokels

hi SDU and thanks for welcoming me here.
yes, ill be here for a while since i work my way around to finance my tour.
it's now time to let NZ be a good working opportunity.
when would this anzac day take place?

thanks

jono

SDU
18th April 2008, 13:37
Anzac day is Friday 25th

when: 25.04.2008 | 11.30 h
Event title St John Ambulance Charity Ride
Where: City South Shopping Mall - Christchurch
Category: Bike Run

Event description:

ST JOHN AMBULANCE CHARITY RIDE

This is a charity ride for St Johns and will start at City South and go to St Johns Oxford Cust Division at the Cust Domain with raffle prize draws and a sausage sizzle along with several displays. All are welcome. To claim any of the minor prizes winners must be at the draw.
Ulysses Club, Canterbury
Maureen Dew
Phone 03 3594949 mob 0274130131

look out for a short chic on a V11Sport
Ciao

partireper.it
18th April 2008, 17:18
Anzac day is Friday 25th

when: 25.04.2008 | 11.30 h
Event title St John Ambulance Charity Ride
Where: City South Shopping Mall - Christchurch
Category: Bike Run

Event description:

ST JOHN AMBULANCE CHARITY RIDE

This is a charity ride for St Johns and will start at City South and go to St Johns Oxford Cust Division at the Cust Domain with raffle prize draws and a sausage sizzle along with several displays. All are welcome. To claim any of the minor prizes winners must be at the draw.
Ulysses Club, Canterbury
Maureen Dew
Phone 03 3594949 mob 0274130131

look out for a short chic on a V11Sport
Ciao

in your public profile i see italian bikes but none kiwi chic!!!
post a picture of you pls, i won't recognize you otherwise....

SDU
20th April 2008, 15:24
The short chic on the italian bike with the bearded fellow on a Triumph Daytona 955i, don't worry we'll find your bike. Check out my gallery pics it might help.
Found another poster for the ride & it's 12pm meeting at South city Mall carpark leaving at 1pm

alexiajeorge
21st April 2008, 19:31
Well, we are planning to make a tour to Goa on the next month. This is our 20th anniversary. We are in the first time to Goa with my wife. I want to know if there is any guided tour Govt. or private for sight seeing in Goa, good sea food places medium priced. Actually we are looking for food and guided tour packages. Do you have any specific suggestions and experience in Goa travel?

Banesto John
3rd May 2008, 10:07
The BMW crowd are heading to Kaikoura via the inland hiway tomorrow, Sunday 4 May.

Meeting at the Peg Hotel, Main North Road, Belfast, at 10.30. The Peg is the one on the left just before Main North Road turns into an expressway. I'm reluctant to call it a motorway, that would be a serious overstatement.

Check out www.bmwor.org.nz and check the rides calendar, the Christchurch organiser (Waza) is pretty active, and jacks a few things up. I'm new to it, buut I'm sure guests are always welcome.

Just looking out the window I am wondering how many folk will turn up for the ride, but I'll be there, as long as it isn't snowing :argh:

Ka kite

Pete D

chrisso
24th June 2008, 11:58
Howdy Jono, you still in ChCH?

partireper.it
24th June 2008, 17:25
Howdy Jono, you still in ChCH?

I MOVED TO AUX THE 1ST OF mAY. Honda blue wing nz is offering a service to the bike. soon im going to write for some kiwi magazine. ill keep you updated. by the way, compression test was right.

the compression is much lower. honda mechanics says we need to work on piston and cilinders....

sgniaps!