PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: Budget learner bike $1000 or less...

BANZAI
12th April 2008, 18:32
I made same thread in Online trading forum, but might as well make one in here!!!! :p

Something that can follow you guys in rides and something look-like old school bike :D

Near HSB parking I see black GB250(I think it's MGST's)? almost everyday and it looks sooooo cool!!! I want one look like that if possible.

If not I dont mind any kind of bikes but Im only 159cm with short legs so something I dont have to stand with my tiptoes while waiting at lights!!!

kiwifruit posted me this on the thread I made in online trading forum.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Classic-vintage/auction-149201359.htm?key=554140

What you guys reckon??

EDIT: Got the GN250, thanks to you all who helped me! Hope see you soon at rides!!!

Macstar
12th April 2008, 21:24
You'll need to spend a $1000 just to get very basic riding gear first i.e no frills helmet, gloves, boots, jacket and pants. Then at least $300 for 3rd party insurance, another $3-500 for inevitable-newly-purchased bike repairs AND THEN IF YOU ARE EXTREMELY LUCKY...

$1000 for a bike with a working engine. (I would have thought $2000-2500 would be the minimum spend on a bike?).

Sorry to be negative mate. Best if you know the true costs now rather than later.

When you do get a bike, I can donate you some used leather gloves (not the ones I just destroyed in a crash!).

Jeremy
12th April 2008, 21:33
Would you consider a GN250? :shifty:

klyong82
12th April 2008, 22:06

For less than $1k? Yeah I would

xwhatsit
12th April 2008, 22:56
kiwifruit posted me this on the thread I made in online trading forum.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Classic-vintage/auction-149201359.htm?key=554140

What you guys reckon??

EDIT: Its in Timaru!!! its too far.....

That's a good CB250RS for a great price. You could get it shipped up, but just wait and have a look around for other bikes.

kiwifruit
12th April 2008, 23:29
I would have thought $2000-2500 would be the minimum spend on a bike?

naw!
plenty of working motorcycles to be had for a grand or so :yes:

motorbyclist
13th April 2008, 02:20
mint looking 250 there! looks like a very good buy even if you consider the $250 shipping

a grand for gear?

$200 full face hooligan hat
$300 semi decent codura jacket
$100 decent leather gloves
$200? 3rd party, fire & theft cover
pick up the rest as you go

pants and boots are recommended, but how many of us really wear those all the time? i know i'm slack when it comes to commuting (and yes i know how stupid it is with my 20km trip just to get from home to uni). didn't even own pants/boots till a few months after getting my full licence!

BANZAI
13th April 2008, 08:32
You'll need to spend a $1000 just to get very basic riding gear first i.e no frills helmet, gloves, boots, jacket and pants. Then at least $300 for 3rd party insurance, another $3-500 for inevitable-newly-purchased bike repairs AND THEN IF YOU ARE EXTREMELY LUCKY...
$1000 for a bike with a working engine. (I would have thought $2000-2500 would be the minimum spend on a bike?)

mint looking 250 there! looks like a very good buy even if you consider the $250 shipping
a grand for gear?
$200 full face hooligan hat
$300 semi decent codura jacket
$100 decent leather gloves
$200? 3rd party, fire & theft cover
pick up the rest as you go
pants and boots are recommended, but how many of us really wear those all the time? i know i'm slack when it comes to commuting (and yes i know how stupid it is with my 20km trip just to get from home to uni). didn't even own pants/boots till a few months after getting my full licence!

I thought Jacket and Helmet are cheaper. On Wild West Honda broucher from O'week, it says Jackets $179 and Helmets $89...

About pants, how bout those pads? I saw in magazine somewhere advertising pads for Knee and Elbow, is that any cheaper?

I can pay insurance monthly so its ok I guess.

That CB250RS is not auction so I can negotiate the price I think. Even if it's over grand for few hundreds I'm sure some of sellers won't mind negotiating!!! (optimistic:sunny:)

If theres working condition one for grand. :p

It's interesting to know that in this sort of price range it's hard to find good or even working condition bike, but less than grand you can get a car that can be driven on road legally(barely?)

Couple from other thread, what you think?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Cruiser/auction-149858803.htm?key=979488

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Cruiser/auction-148980287.htm?key=979488

Kiwifruit's pick of the bunch
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-148582773.htm?key=980735

EDIT: Actually that GT125, I did talk to Stephen about it and decided not to go for that one...

MGST
13th April 2008, 08:40
I got my semi decent cordura gear from Red Baron

$200 for jacket
$150 for pants

$269 for decent boots from Mt Eden MC
$99 for decent leather gloves from MT Eden MC

Oxford helmet from Cycletreads $99 plain or $119 flash ( ish ) paint job.

So there's $818 for about the cheapest gear you can buy which is actually worth buying ( that was my phillosophy when I bought it cos I was broke at the time too ). It's all lasting me fine with every day commuting for the last 2 years, quality is good ( stitching etc ) and at this rate I'd say I'll get at least another 2 years out of it, maybe more.

I don't have any kind of insurance on my bike. As a new rider over 25 years old, it was going to cost about $200 - 250 from memory ( that was the cheapest quote - they went from there up to around $400!! ). Hell, I only paid $1000 for the bike ( admittedly it was "tired" ) so I'll take my chances :sweatdrop. Even after the $2200 bare-frame refurbishment, I still take my chances. The bike doesn't owe me anything now, even after refurbishment, so every day now is money saved ( over taking the car, bus, train etc ).

Haven't looked around for a while, but I think the bikes around the $1K mark would prefer if you were good with the spanners, and / or aren't too worried if it looks a little rough around the edges ( and maybe in the middle too! ).

TradeMe is your friend!!

MGST
13th April 2008, 08:58
Couple from other thread, what you think?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Cruiser/auction-149858803.htm?key=979488

If the rego is expired thats probably a couple of hundred to sort it ( re-vin etc ). Needs a mirror for the right hand side ( $20 new ) and a seat if you want to ride it any decent distance. Parts for these are plentiflu though, so spares are both easy to get and cheap ( ish ).

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Cruiser/auction-148980287.htm?key=979488

2 Stroke. Not really the best bike ( engine ) for a learner, just ask Drider. Not so common these days, parts may be a problem / expensive?

I thought these were 4 stroke? Anyone know? Nice looking bike, and looks in good condition + in Auckland. Probably worth a look, especially if 4 stroke. Reserve met at $760, so price is in the ball park too.

Kiwifruit's pick of the bunch
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-148582773.htm?key=980735

Looks alright too. Hondas go forever, only problem its far away.

Edit: ok that Suzuki GT 125 is a 2 stroke. Heres the original brochue:

http://www.suzukicycles.org/photos/GT/GT125-brochures/1974_GT125L_UKsales_800.jpg

Macstar
13th April 2008, 10:36
Splitting hairs over exact dollar amount is obviously possible. You could always hunt around for secondhand gear too and save more.

Where ever you get your gear from and however much you pay DO GET IT BEFORE YOU GET YOUR BIKE.

Good luck with finding GEAR and a bike, and hope to see you out there soon!

Squiggles
13th April 2008, 12:37
Pfft, Hanne's gear was $150 for the jacket, $100 for the pants, $100 for the gloves (only ones that fitted her tiny hands!), and whatever goes for you for boots

I thought you'd pick up a CB250RS for that price, tis realistic to get one of them or a Jap GN for around or just above a grand

Romeo
13th April 2008, 12:43
Don't be affraid to look elsewhere rather than TradeMe. I got my bike through a generous chap in the Classic Japanese Motorcycle Group - and didn't have to pay the TradeMe "sub-250 popularity penalty".

Don't think that this'll be the last bike you'll ever own. You'll probably only have it for six months, pay it off, then use it as capital to purchase a bigger and better bike.

Get your gear first. There's lots of cheap jackets on TradeMe (I'd look for leather TBH) or even ask on here, my GF got a great jacket for $80 off SDU (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=1509169&postcount=16).

If you hunt around all the bikeshops (Go to the smaller shops outside the CBD) you'll only have to pay $80->$130 for a helmet - never buy a second hand helmet. Don't scrimp on gloves either, your hands are one of your most valuable assets.

Pants and boots come down to personal preference. If you can live without your legs then save on it for now. I've never riden without my Draggins and Forma boots after seeing the destruction on...

www.Ride2Die.com (http://web.archive.org/web/20070306115345/home1.gte.net/res0ak9f/bike.htm)

motorbyclist
13th April 2008, 12:44
I thought Jacket and Helmet are cheaper. On Wild West Honda broucher from O'week, it says Jackets $179 and Helmets $89...

It's interesting to know that in this sort of price range it's hard to find good or even working condition bike, but less than grand you can get a car that can be driven on road legally(barely?)

really? gear must be getting cheaper these days:)

and yeah bike prices are crazy. it costs around 10k for a brand new 900cc inline four naked bike, and 5k for the 250cc equivalent that's over a decade old. a cbr250 is worth more than a cbr400!

atleast they don't depreciate as badly as cars, mostly because bike dealers don't have such ridiculous markups on vehicles like the car dealers do and the 250cc licence rule keeps things in demand

BANZAI
13th April 2008, 12:49
I got tiny hands too!!!

Yea I'm very interested about that CB250. How does the shipping work? Is there particular company does bike shipping??

Hmm should I email this seller or not.... What you guys think?

BANZAI
13th April 2008, 13:02
Don't be affraid to look elsewhere rather than TradeMe. I got my bike through a generous chap in the Classic Japanese Motorcycle Group - and didn't have to pay the TradeMe "sub-250 popularity penalty".

Don't think that this'll be the last bike you'll ever own. You'll probably only have it for six months, pay it off, then use it as capital to purchase a bigger and better bike.

Get your gear first. There's lots of cheap jackets on TradeMe (I'd look for leather TBH) or even ask on here, my GF got a great jacket for $80 off SDU (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=1509169&postcount=16).

If you hunt around all the bikeshops (Go to the smaller shops outside the CBD) you'll only have to pay $80->$130 for a helmet - never buy a second hand helmet. Don't scrimp on gloves either, your hands are one of your most valuable assets.

Pants and boots come down to personal preference. If you can live without your legs then save on it for now. I've never riden without my Draggins and Forma boots after seeing the destruction on...

www.Ride2Die.com (http://web.archive.org/web/20070306115345/home1.gte.net/res0ak9f/bike.htm)

I'm not thinking to own my first bike(wat ever it will be) for the rest of my life(unless I fell in love with it lol). My dream is to get British Vintages!!

Do you have any link or connection to any of those groups? If so please tell me!!!

Getting gears from trademe or other second hand places. Thats what I was wondering too! I do want new helmet for various reasons :p And I play instrument so Gloves are important but I can live with second hand Jacket and I need to think about what I can do for my legs hmmmmm.... I asked in couple posts before, what bout those knee protector? Jeans+protector does it work at all or just better to get pants???
I do want proper boots I think.

Scary website.... Dont wanna die like that...

motorbyclist
13th April 2008, 13:02
i'd personally love to see more classic bikes around the streets and on the SMC rides, plus alot more restoration jobs; looking at the work done by squiggles and xerxesdaphat, the tt250 restoration thread and my old nostalgic memories from my 5th form xr200 project, i'm really looking forward to dushi's new bike and thinking of digging up an old dunger myself if i find the time/money... though i think mine will involve either two 500cc two stokes bolted inline to each other, or a very high power electric motor with a pile of lithium batteries, all stuffed in a vfr chassis. can't be making life too easy now can i?

motorbyclist
13th April 2008, 13:13
what bout those knee protector? Jeans+protector does it work at all or just better to get pants???

knee protector will protect your knee.... but not much else

basically you're looking for all-over abrasion protection and impact protection mostly around the joints but the more the merrier aslong as it doesn't affect you movement on the bike.

jeans offer neither

draggin jeans have a reasonable abrasion resistance

proper leather/codura pants will do a good job.

my order of attack would be (has been) helmet, jacket, gloves, bike, insurance(3rd party), boots, pants.
but do rememebr safety is serious business. cars have that built in and a s a result car drivers don't really consider the fact they're hurtling along in a 2tonne steel cage in the opposite direction to other people in 2 tonnes steel cages at speeds that could potentially kill them all upon impact. traffic is never safe. be prepared.

BANZAI
13th April 2008, 13:45
So something like this for Jacket?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Helmets-clothing-footwear/Leathers-jackets/auction-149527221.htm?p=10

I want new helmets and gloves so wheres good place to shop? Wild West Honda and Motohaus have club discounts? Have those two brochers I got from O'week.

I'll start with those three.

xwhatsit
13th April 2008, 13:51
That CB250RS is in great nick, looks like the engine is in good condition (everything else will last well on those bikes, the top end is the first thing to cause trouble and it's just been re-done he says). Fantastic price, too. Wish that one had been around to buy when I bought mine.

motorbyclist
13th April 2008, 14:51
might pay to be sure it had some armour in it, but it looks good. check it fits before buying though!

Dargor
13th April 2008, 18:49
Ahh, advertising ant it fun.
You might want to look at This (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-150260056.htm)

BANZAI
13th April 2008, 20:40
Hey can Ski gloves and Jacket will do the job? If so I already have good ones in Japan and can get them very soon because my family is coming to visit me.

I just heard some people ride it with those on, I think it make sense that they are warm and also abrasion resistance(perhaps not as much as bike jacket but they hardly rip even tho trip over at very high speed and bad surface)

>>Dargor
Nice bike! but isnt 4cly hard to look after than singles? How bad is acceleration cable? Is it easy to fix?

$1500 is slightly over my budget tho....

kiwifruit
13th April 2008, 20:45
Hey can Ski gloves and Jacket do the job?

no! :shit:

ital916
13th April 2008, 20:49
My 2c. It may sting but keep saving, keep waiting and when you have the dosh then get into biking, I waited a long time to get my first bike, just due to needing money to get into it properly. It was painful watching the bikes ride by as I bussed but well worth it mate. Keep saving and don't stinge on safety!

Dargor
13th April 2008, 20:55
>>Dargor
How bad is acceleration cable? Is it easy to fix?

Its not very bad. Yes its easy to fix, see my fix (the 5'th photo), easy.

klyong82
13th April 2008, 21:24
I got tiny hands too!!!

Yea I'm very interested about that CB250. How does the shipping work? Is there particular company does bike shipping??

Hmm should I email this seller or not.... What you guys think?

I think it is $400-500 from down south. Biketranz and motorcycle movers are the two companies I know... what size jacket are you?

BANZAI
13th April 2008, 21:31
I think it is $400-500 from down south. Biketranz and motorcycle movers are the two companies I know... what size jacket are you?

No idea. I got S size shirts 37/38 and if I buy T-shirts from NZ S is still too big for me(shoulder width is ok but length is too long). However M or sometime L is good if its Japanese size.

Does that any help?

klyong82
13th April 2008, 21:54
No idea. I got S size shirts 37/38 and if I buy T-shirts from NZ S is still too big for me(shoulder width is ok but length is too long). However M or sometime L is good if its Japanese size.

Does that any help?

I'll look around and if anyone has sale I'll let you know. I'm little too but I always seem to find good deals here and there. Pants you can try Motomail paid $125 for a good textile pants. $200 bucks for a jacket then perhaps talk to talk to Quasi he has got some 07 jackets leftover for that price (good leather jackets). Quasi was also doing $69 for 07 gloves... PM him and see what if he can help you with gears.

I think we will be going down some time soon again just waiting till he gets some new stuff in first...When buying gear pants and jacket ideally buy one size larger so you can wear extra clothings in winter. Alternatively, shop for second hand stuff on trade me. If possible ask them if you can visit and try the gear out before you bid....

BANZAI
13th April 2008, 22:47
Ok, I'll keep looking around!

hey if I'm lucky I can use $200 on Amex. Any shop thats got good deals and Accept Amex? Perhaps helmet and gloves will be about that much wont they?

Paranoid Android
13th April 2008, 23:05
I don't have any kind of insurance on my bike. As a new rider over 25 years old, it was going to cost about $200 - 250 from memory ( that was the cheapest quote - they went from there up to around $400!! ). Hell, I only paid $1000 for the bike ( admittedly it was "tired" ) so I'll take my chances :sweatdrop. Even after the $2200 bare-frame refurbishment, I still take my chances. The bike doesn't owe me anything now, even after refurbishment, so every day now is money saved ( over taking the car, bus, train etc ).

i am going to jump on the insurance band wagon here.

i dont have insurance on my bike if i crash it riding. i would probably just do the repairs and hope my friends dont find out.

i have it for if some cage takes me out on an intersection not looking as well as they could or i damage something else worth more than i can afford. i have seem it more than a few times were a guy gets hit by another car and is ununsured. the other drivers insurance company goes to town and it might as well be his fault. and my friend that had an uninsured cheap car put it into a recent beemer and went to back to South Africa to hid because he could not afford.

even some cheap third party will have your insurance company going into bat for you if the worst case happens.

i am now insured with swann they are great and cheap.

also wild west honda has some really good deals on gear at the moment. but it was going quick last i saw

motorbyclist
14th April 2008, 01:14
Hey can Ski gloves and Jacket will do the job?

I just heard some people ride it with those on, I think it make sense that they are warm and also abrasion resistance(perhaps not as much as bike jacket but they hardly rip even tho trip over at very high speed and bad surface)

No and NO!

i think you should examine some crash damaged gear from 50kph accidents and you'll understand why. the club should have plenty. i've got a pretty badly scuffed up leather gloves and torn jeans from just falling off my pocket rocket at 30kph! plus if it wasn't for my jacket i could've badly broken my elbow (broke the armour instead)

people wearing ski gear simply haven't fallen off yet, or if they have they are slow learners

BANZAI
14th April 2008, 09:47
So something like this for Jacket?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Helmets-clothing-footwear/Leathers-jackets/auction-149527221.htm?p=10

might pay to be sure it had some armour in it, but it looks good. check it fits before buying though!

Whats armour? Is that the hard bits in some of the jacket?

Howbout this

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Helmets-clothing-footwear/Leathers-jackets/auction-150331565.htm

klyong82
14th April 2008, 11:15

Howbout this

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Helmets-clothing-footwear/Leathers-jackets/auction-150331565.htm

That textile jacket is from cycletreads over at the shores. Go there and have a try on that jacket I think they have been trying to sell those since last year.

www.cycletreads.co.nz for their address

BANZAI
14th April 2008, 12:36
Email from that CB250 seller!

"thankyou very much for your offer on the motorbike...but at this stage $800 is a bit light somewhere closer to $1000 would buy it"

meh i thought so :whistle:

Hmmmm $890???

kiwifruit
14th April 2008, 12:44
Email from that CB250 seller!

"thankyou very much for your offer on the motorbike...but at this stage $800 is a bit light somewhere closer to $1000 would buy it"

meh i thought so :whistle:

Hmmmm $890???

950 :)

motorbyclist
14th April 2008, 13:17
950 could cut it, but remember the shipping costs... could your parents help you out?

Howbout this

* Shoulder and elbow protection (CE Approved)

that is a very good jacket there.

light colours = very visible

has armour (hard bits) so you don't chip the little bit of bone off your elbow and you're less likely to pop your shoulder/collarbone. armour usually helps in event of sliding and wearing through the jacket.

don't mean to scare you off, but so many new riders don't actually understand what can happen *in a worst case* when you fall off until it happens;)

BANZAI
14th April 2008, 13:26
Email from motorcyclemovers...

"Timaru to Auckland $620.00 door to door GST inc"

:blank:

Ill wait for biketranz guys response but could be similar....

Ooouch

gijoe1313
14th April 2008, 13:33
Email from motorcyclemovers...

"Timaru to Auckland $620.00 door to door GST inc"

:blank:

Ill wait for biketranz guys response but could be similar....

Ooouch

Use the money and fly down and ride it back up! :woohoo:

Or ... crazy plan hatching in gi's head ... you buy it, I fly down and ride it back up at my expense! Muwahhahaah! Yes ... I am crazy enough to do that ... really.

Any excuse for a ride I say! :yes: Now where Xerxes so I can pick his brains for more intel on them liddle bikes o'goodness! :shifty:

Warr
14th April 2008, 13:38
Just make an offer on this one, you never know :)
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-150260056.htm
120k's is alot closer than the South Island

motorbyclist
14th April 2008, 13:39
$620 :crazy:

fark it's cheaper to fly one of us down there to ride it back up that's for sure!

kiwifruit
14th April 2008, 13:41
you buy it, I fly down and ride it back up at my expense! Muwahhahaah! Yes ... I am crazy enough to do that ... really.

whoa! theres a deal :cool::cool:

BANZAI
15th April 2008, 10:25
That textile jacket is from cycletreads over at the shores. Go there and have a try on that jacket I think they have been trying to sell those since last year.

www.cycletreads.co.nz for their address

I see, I got email from them so will try contact them sometime soon.

Use the money and fly down and ride it back up! :woohoo:

Or ... crazy plan hatching in gi's head ... you buy it, I fly down and ride it back up at my expense! Muwahhahaah! Yes ... I am crazy enough to do that ... really.

Any excuse for a ride I say! :yes: Now where Xerxes so I can pick his brains for more intel on them liddle bikes o'goodness! :shifty:

Hmmmmm but then you gonna add lots of kms to the odometer :p

but interesting plan, IF its gonna work out????

klyong82
15th April 2008, 12:11
I see, I got email from them so will try contact them sometime soon.

Hmmmmm but then you gonna add lots of kms to the odometer :p

but interesting plan, IF its gonna work out????

I'll be crazy like Tom to fly down and ride it back....bet it is gonna be less than $600 and includes a night or two worth of NZ riding and staying in the motel. Talk about a cool short holiday. Best time also to see how the bike handles the trip.

If you decide to go down this route make sure prior to that get AA Plus cover in case of any breakdowns.

motorbyclist
15th April 2008, 12:12
provided gijoe's insurance covers him for other bikes, what's to go wrong?

ownership papers are easy to do by correspondence and they'd have to be done that way anyway for shipping

BANZAI
15th April 2008, 13:07
So if I decided to do its gonna be like:

Purchace bike>Ask gijoe131 or klyong82 to go down> they will ride the bike back to Auckland!

Where will be the change of ownership fit in and how? also who's responsible for the insurance of bike?(me??) while transporting it to AKL? gijoe got insurance for other bike? What bout you klyong82

BANZAI
15th April 2008, 13:08
EDIT: Oops, double posting. Can I delete this post?

EJK
15th April 2008, 13:15
Nah just leave it :lol: put more post counts :niceone: gotta catch up to me sometime ;)

Click "edit", then select "Delete post" :)

motorbyclist
15th April 2008, 13:20
yeah you can delete double posts, there's a button for it somewhere

check the insurance deal or take the risk.... i know my insurer still covers my bike for other riders provided the rider has thier full licence and my permission (otherwise it's theft)

ownership papers are easy. go to a post office and get the forms. from memory there's one for you to fill out and one for the seller and they both go in the post to LTNZ so you never need meet the seller.

BANZAI
15th April 2008, 14:07
What you guys think of that Hamilton one??? $1500 is bit too expensive I guess.

EJK
15th April 2008, 14:19
Steve (squiggle) once told me to stay away from old FZ250s.

But still, the bike looks alright :yes:

Ragingrob
15th April 2008, 14:23
Yeah Stephen reckons that the only fz250s he knows have blown up lol

glice
15th April 2008, 14:53
my first bike was $375 and ran but wasnt legal.
second was a grand for a 2000 rgv150 with wof and reg and ran mint.
just take your time shopping around and you can get some pretty cheap stuff, and test ride lots just to make sure you are getting something good and what you want. at the prices you are looking at look for bikes in good mechanical condition and dont worry what they look like because that doesnt really matter and first bikes usually go for a slide or 2.
cycle treads have some real cheap run out gear at the mo, waterproof spyke jacket with armor $100 and pants for similar. you can get good second hand stuff too, but dont buy a second hand helmit.

hope this helps, I've been through it on a tight budget too, so I know what your going through.

PirateJafa
15th April 2008, 14:55
has armour (hard bits) so you don't chip the little bit of bone off your elbow and you're less likely to pop your shoulder/collarbone. armour usually helps in event of sliding and wearing through the jacket.

don't mean to scare you off, but so many new riders don't actually understand what can happen *in a worst case* when you fall off until it happens;)

Can't reinforce this enough Banzai - I had a off just recently and despite wearing leathers with armour I still broke my elbow very badly, ending up getting a bone graft, and around 12 months of recovery.

Don't skimp on gear. :)

klyong82
15th April 2008, 15:01
So if I decided to do its gonna be like:

Purchace bike>Ask gijoe131 or klyong82 to go down> they will ride the bike back to Auckland!

Where will be the change of ownership fit in and how? also who's responsible for the insurance of bike?(me??) while transporting it to AKL? gijoe got insurance for other bike? What bout you klyong82

I got insurance but checking the policy I dont think it is covered if I ride a different bike unless if I decide to buy the bike. So insurance wise I think it is your responsibility if not just take the risk...only worry is if breaksdown half way.. If it has a rego and warrant do a credit check and after passing him the money make sure he passed you the signed papers. Take it to the post office and do the transfer.

motorbyclist
15th April 2008, 15:10
Yeah Stephen reckons that the only fz250s he knows have blown up lol

same here for the fzr250

kyle (twowheeljunkie) can vouch for that

BANZAI
15th April 2008, 15:28
Maybe its too much of hassle to get that bike....

Howbout
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Classic-vintage/auction-150280864.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Cruiser/auction-150215637.htm

I like the look of Kawasaki and its Lime-green too.

Thanks for advices about gears. I will shop around and buy good ones!

Warr
15th April 2008, 15:35
What you guys think of that Hamilton one??? $1500 is bit too expensive I guess.
So make an offer then :)

motorbyclist
15th April 2008, 15:36
i suppose i should remind you that before buying any bike you go and take someone who knows what they're looking at/listening for to have a look at the machine. that gn has an interesting situation with rego, but stephen will be an expert when it comes to fixing it up. (bikes are meant to run rich when choke is used that's what it does, so don't worry about that)

many, many bikes are on TM simply because they're about to blow up and it isn't economical to fix them, the kawa is a good example of that in that parts will be nigh on impossible to find

BANZAI
15th April 2008, 15:53
I need to learn to read the seller's comment from top to the bottom before putting it to this thread....

That GN doesnt have Rego.....

Can please anyone go with me next Anzac weekend to check the bike?

If so I will contact both Yamaha and that Kawasaki seller.

klyong82
15th April 2008, 18:11
I need to learn to read the seller's comment from top to the bottom before putting it to this thread....

That GN doesnt have Rego.....

Can please anyone go with me next Anzac weekend to check the bike?

If so I will contact both Yamaha and that Kawasaki seller.

I had my eyes on the Kawasaki since a couple of days ago....looks nice from the pics...let us know and we could possibly make a ride down together.

BANZAI
15th April 2008, 19:42
I had my eyes on the Kawasaki since a couple of days ago....looks nice from the pics...let us know and we could possibly make a ride down together.

Ohok, yea Im keen to go! PM sent!!

klyong82
15th April 2008, 19:49
Alright anyone wanna follow Banzai to have a look at these bikes? Could make it a club ride.... I would not mind going for a ride... down...could make it a weekend thingie

Ragingrob
15th April 2008, 20:51
Where abouts is it? I'm keen for rides!

klyong82
15th April 2008, 21:03
Where abouts is it? I'm keen for rides!

te awamutu....slightly pass hamilton. going on anzac weekend friday or saturday

Ragingrob
15th April 2008, 21:10
Oh ok, could be keen! May join the Anzac tour guys on the first day which is Friday I think for the Coro loop though so we'll see!

klyong82
15th April 2008, 21:15
Oh ok, could be keen! May join the Anzac tour guys on the first day which is Friday I think for the Coro loop though so we'll see!

Yeah i just remembered that too. Will do it on Saturday then so that I might if I wanna do the first day of the ANZAC trip

Ragingrob
15th April 2008, 21:24
Yeah i just remembered that too. Will do it on Saturday then so that I might if I wanna do the first day of the ANZAC trip

Mint, would be a fun ride on Friday, hoping that there's not too much crazy Aucklander driving out on the road or too much traffic!

BANZAI
15th April 2008, 21:27
I dont mind anyday but if its Saturday I need tobe back in auckland before 4pm Sunday before 5pm.....

What you think of this one? Reckon I can make offer $1000?
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Cruiser/auction-149939021.htm

Ixion
15th April 2008, 21:35
The XS250 was not well thought of in its day. Yamaha went through a bad patch in that era, with their early four strokes (Yamaha knew two strokes better than anyone - even Suzuki.They had trouble adjusting to the new regime. ). TX500, XS250, that 750 triple thing . All nice bikes on paper and all broke their owners hearts.

He mentions is is noisy , that will be because the exhausts are rotted out. They were also notorious for electrical problems and hard starting.

It's 27 years old. Not perhaps the most pedestrian choice unless one is well versed in wrench craft. I suspect that spare parts would also be hard to come by.

Ragingrob
15th April 2008, 21:37
I dont mind anyday but if its Saturday I need tobe back in auckland before 4pm Sunday before 5pm.....

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Cruiser/auction-149939021.htm

We'd be back looong before then so no need to worry. Only takes an hour to Hamilton from my house, so hour half from town. In my opinion, $1,000 would be pushing it a bit too far in terms of an offer! But hey there's nothing to lose I guess, you can always haggle higher from there, pretty hard to haggle lower than an initial offer haha!

klyong82
15th April 2008, 21:37

COuld go and have a look at this one since it is nearby. A little weary about the engine noise need to get him to explain further. He might have to put a new signal light cover on his next wof. Price? you can just try....if he says yes then i'll be suspicious if there is anything wrong..it does look nicer than a GN and almost similar to the SRV that dushi has..

BANZAI
16th April 2008, 23:24
FZ is gone, meh.

Howbout these?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Tourers/auction-150787184.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Cruiser/auction-150743921.htm

motorbyclist
17th April 2008, 00:48
GN is in rotorua, honda is in glendowie

i'd recommend you go view the honda. engine appears to be similar to the old xr motors. bombproof those are!

motorbyclist
17th April 2008, 00:54
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-149016809.htm

:drool:

Warr
17th April 2008, 01:07
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-149016809.htm

Not quite on topic !! But those pipes look ridiculous.
I can say that cause my bike is worth 1/10th of what they are asking !!

motorbyclist
17th April 2008, 01:07
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Cruiser/auction-149270888.htm

Jeremy
17th April 2008, 01:28
If you're really desperate there's my GN :/
To be honest I have no idea how much it's worth. Boring as 04 model that's done under 30,000km. Serviced at Colemans regularly.

Catch is.

1) I didn't get a new WoF for it, I did my knee in playing soccer and never got around to taking it in for a new WoF. It "should" pass, I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't. The last time I rode it was Nov 2007. I've started it up every couple of weekends or so, but I'm not going to make a judgement call on that.

2) Last time I got it serviced at Colemans they said it was showing early signs of gasket failure. Supposedly it could 'maybe' do another 10,000km. Other than that, I don't expect anything to fail. I'd recently had to get the alternator rewound [I know it's not the alternator, it's something else, but I can't think of the name at the moment].

Rego is good till um July I think. Rust on the chrome like usual.

Gearwise, since I won't be rideing until after I finish honours this year. Armoured gloves, jacket with armour would be on offer. Except it's missing a piece of armour! I had all four pieces of armour when I started my last day of uni. When I got back home I was missing one (I have no idea where it's gone :/)

I'd be happy to see it at uni, as as it stands I won't be able to ride it into uni, and at the moment it's just sitting there rather sadly. While I wait until full time work to buy an R6 or SV650.

motorbyclist
17th April 2008, 01:42
could be worth a look? did the mechanic say which gasket? got the receipt to tell us what was rewound and possibly what else is wrong with it?

Jeremy
17th April 2008, 01:59
Aha found it. I wish I'd kept my motorcycle receipts seperate from the kilos of paperweights that studylink sends you.

Okay it was the stator that was rewound.

klyong82
17th April 2008, 15:19
Whereabouts are you maybe we can go have a look at it....

Squiggles
17th April 2008, 16:30
I can do the headgasket on a gn in 30 :cool:

Then it takes me an hour to do the last step (tappets), must get me a proper screwdriver for them...

klyong82
17th April 2008, 16:46
I can do the headgasket on a gn in 30 :cool:

Then it takes me an hour to do the last step (tappets), must get me a proper screwdriver for them...

Wanna go have a look with us since you are a GN man. I am just afraid if you dont follow us Banzai will end up buying a Honda....:woohoo:

BANZAI
17th April 2008, 19:33

Nice...... I WANT ONE!!!!

GN is in rotorua, honda is in glendowie

i'd recommend you go view the honda. engine appears to be similar to the old xr motors. bombproof those are!

If you're really desperate there's my GN :/
To be honest I have no idea how much it's worth. Boring as 04 model that's done under 30,000km. Serviced at Colemans regularly.

Catch is.

1) I didn't get a new WoF for it, I did my knee in playing soccer and never got around to taking it in for a new WoF. It "should" pass, I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't. The last time I rode it was Nov 2007. I've started it up every couple of weekends or so, but I'm not going to make a judgement call on that.

2) Last time I got it serviced at Colemans they said it was showing early signs of gasket failure. Supposedly it could 'maybe' do another 10,000km. Other than that, I don't expect anything to fail. I'd recently had to get the alternator rewound [I know it's not the alternator, it's something else, but I can't think of the name at the moment].

Rego is good till um July I think. Rust on the chrome like usual.

Gearwise, since I won't be rideing until after I finish honours this year. Armoured gloves, jacket with armour would be on offer. Except it's missing a piece of armour! I had all four pieces of armour when I started my last day of uni. When I got back home I was missing one (I have no idea where it's gone :/)

I'd be happy to see it at uni, as as it stands I won't be able to ride it into uni, and at the moment it's just sitting there rather sadly. While I wait until full time work to buy an R6 or SV650.

I wanna have a look at your GN and wanna have a look at that Honda sometime.

Is your GN 125 or 250?

Squiggles
17th April 2008, 22:26
Wanna go have a look with us since you are a GN man. I am just afraid if you dont follow us Banzai will end up buying a Honda....:woohoo:

anything to get another in my camp

Squiggles
17th April 2008, 22:32

fuck those wheels'd look mint on a motard... :drool:

:lol:

BANZAI
23rd April 2008, 17:01
I got PM from Jeremy saying GN is not starting...

If I can somehow bring it to fix up night on Friday, can you have a look at it Stephen? :p

Only if I can finish this bloody essay by the time.....:angry2:

Squiggles
23rd April 2008, 17:35
GN not starting, im good at fixing those, we should go check it out wherever it is. I betcha i can get it going

klyong82
23rd April 2008, 21:02
Oh yeah suppose to look at the bike with you Banzai......make a time this ANzac weekend...as long Stevo is there he will negotiate a good price for it seeing that it aint working.

BANZAI
26th April 2008, 14:33
I went to have a look at Jeremy's GN today. Thanks Stephen and sorry klyong82 I couldnt let you know...

Good new is....I'm gonna buy it!!!! :woohoo::banana:

Now I need to get gears.

I got free gloves because the one he had fits me, so I need:

Helmet
Jacket
Boots(maybe Stphen have it)
overpants

:wari:

klyong82
26th April 2008, 16:11
I went to have a look at Jeremy's GN today. Thanks Stephen and sorry klyong82 I couldnt let you know...

Now I need to get gears.

I got free gloves because the one he had fits me, so I need:

Helmet
Jacket
Boots(maybe Stphen have it)
overpants

Congrats bro ... been staying home the whole as I am still down with the blasted flu...oh well welcome to the club...

Squiggles
26th April 2008, 19:54
If you bugger off overseas that'll become the club gn. a wee bit of work and some non-chinshit tyres and she'll be going and going

motorbyclist
26th April 2008, 20:10

Now I need to get gears.

stephen told me about it and it sounds like a great buy!

for a helmet i just bought an HJC one from wild west for $150 (normally $200) that's not too bad. shop around and see what fits you best. must be a snug fit.

Jeremy
26th April 2008, 21:41
If you bugger off overseas that'll become the club gn. a wee bit of work and some non-chinshit tyres and she'll be going and going

It lives, forever!

BANZAI
27th April 2008, 16:15
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I can't wait for it!!!

I was asking Stephen about club bike and if this can be one I'm happy to donate it (if I'm going to overseas) :cool:

klyong82
27th April 2008, 19:28

I can't wait for it!!!

I was asking Stephen about club bike and if this can be one I'm happy to donate it (if I'm going to overseas) :cool:

Me me me.......give me give me.....

Hanne
27th April 2008, 22:00
Me me me.......give me give me.....

What? Kim on a SUZUKI??

Oh dear oh dear, he wants it for sadistic experiments... Don't let him close!

Ragingrob
27th April 2008, 22:01

I can't wait for it!!!

When are ya getting it man??

BANZAI
27th April 2008, 22:19
I need to wait till Friday so that I'll get interest on my bank account. And then I can pay it to him.

It needs new Tyre and Gaskets done so it will probly goto Stephen's place first (which I haven't confirmed with him yet).

Can anyone plz pick the bike up with his trailer?

Hanne
27th April 2008, 22:32
Stephen can use the dilworth trailer if anyone has access to a car with tow bar and can drive (I can drive but have no towbar sorry!)
OR we could break the law a little bit, like 20km of it, to ride it to the shed... (is in warrantable condition atm I hear)

BANZAI
27th April 2008, 22:57
I got Full licence but no car.

I can hire a car in worst case :laugh:

Btw AMI can give me $406 or $37.24 monthly for full cover, is it a good deal??

shingo
27th April 2008, 23:00

Do you have a NZ bike license or is it and international one?

If it's a NZ one, I'd say you could get better than that.

I pay less for full cover for my bike which is insured for a lot more than a grand.

BANZAI
27th April 2008, 23:03
Do you have a NZ bike license or is it and international one?

If it's a NZ one, I'd say you could get better than that.

I pay less for full cover for my bike which is insured for a lot more than a grand.

It is NZ licence, Car(full) Bike(Learner).

Ragingrob
27th April 2008, 23:08
I think I pay about $140 a year for full cover on $3000.

shingo
27th April 2008, 23:09
It is NZ licence, Car(full) Bike(Learner).

Try these guys http://www.kiwibike.co.nz/

They are suppose to be very good when it comes to good prices, with good customer service too.

motorbyclist
27th April 2008, 23:36

who's that with, is it the same insurer as all your parent's stuff, and what's the excess?

to get my prices down i get dad to insure it and have me as a named rider:shifty:

BANZAI
27th April 2008, 23:55
Kiwibike does $312.82yr 28.67 mth for full. But $500 excess is bit too expensive I think..

klyong82
28th April 2008, 00:13
What? Kim on a SUZUKI??

Oh dear oh dear, he wants it for sadistic experiments... Don't let him close!

Was actually trying to ask your sister out for a ride. GN's have a little more comfortable sitting position for her...I dont want her to be in pain...

When are ya getting it man??

More importantly when you leaving? Might be able to accelerate that process..Joking lol

Thats a good price bro. Who is this with and I hope your excess aint $1500? I wonder if I insure the blade with your company might only be $250 a year. I'll save $200

Try these guys http://www.kiwibike.co.nz/

They are suppose to be very good when it comes to good prices, with good customer service too.

+1 for Kiwibike

Ragingrob
28th April 2008, 09:50
I'm just with State... Yeah my excess is kinda high I think, especially as I'm under 21 it's like $1000, 21 and overs it's like $300 or something off the top of my head. I turn 21 this year so yay! I like have a low premium, plan not to crash :P

motorbyclist
28th April 2008, 23:54
when i was 15, on my learners, it cost me $360 to cover my FXR150 under my name: full comprehensive cover, $500 excess, bike was covered for 3 grand.

then of course it got written off while my bother was on it with only 3rd party:pinch:

Jeremy
29th April 2008, 00:50

Just so you know. It's currently under AMI for $346.25 with my 40% no claims. My excess is $100. That's with my full license, but it was the same when I had my restricted. It's been at that since I was 19, last time I rung them up they said it wouldn't change again till I was 25.

2wheeljunkie
29th April 2008, 10:46
depends on the day and time banzai i may be able to get the car..u gotta tell me precisely when and wat time so i can ask my dad now..get back to me anywayzz..why cant u just ride it from there??..does it need a tune up before any riding is done?

BANZAI
29th April 2008, 10:53
depends on the day and time banzai i may be able to get the car..u gotta tell me precisely when and wat time so i can ask my dad now..get back to me anywayzz..why cant u just ride it from there??..does it need a tune up before any riding is done?

It doesnt have WOF and Stephen says it needs new gasket and it's got "chin-ching" tyre...

And I'm not sure if I want to ride it back from Manukau to my apartment.

I only did Learner Training so kinda scary to drive all the way up to City from there. Theres so many scary car drivers :pinch:

klyong82
29th April 2008, 11:52
It doesnt have WOF and Stephen says it needs new gasket and it's got "chin-ching" tyre...

And I'm not sure if I want to ride it back from Manukau to my apartment.

I only did Learner Training so kinda scary to drive all the way up to City from there. Theres so many scary car drivers :pinch:

"chin-ching" tyres :laugh: Dont ride it if it needs new gaskets because you might damage it further. I hope you paid just a few hundred buck for this bike. How many km's has it done? sounds to be it has a whole heap of km's on it if it needs gasket replacements. Trailler the bike back peace of mind to Squiggles place treat him well and he will repair it for you maybe free in exchange for a Japanese lady.:msn-wink:

BANZAI
29th April 2008, 19:59
"chin-ching" tyres :laugh: Dont ride it if it needs new gaskets because you might damage it further. I hope you paid just a few hundred buck for this bike. How many km's has it done? sounds to be it has a whole heap of km's on it if it needs gasket replacements. Trailler the bike back peace of mind to Squiggles place treat him well and he will repair it for you maybe free in exchange for a Japanese lady.:msn-wink:

Stephen reckons it's a good buy, I paid $1k with free gloves x2 (normal bike glove and winter glove). I'm not sure how many Ks done, ask Jeremy...

Hmmmm I WISH I can meet Japanese lady...It's so hard to meet, especially good looking one in this country, all good ones stays in Japan :p

klyong82
29th April 2008, 21:05
Hmmmm I WISH I can meet Japanese lady...It's so hard to meet, especially good looking one in this country, all good ones stays in Japan :p

I am sure you will be happy with a pleasant chinese girl...plenty in Auckland.

BANZAI
29th April 2008, 21:06
These GNs looks cool :cool:

http://gn125e.blog120.fc2.com/blog-category-7.html

motorbyclist
30th April 2008, 03:55

bah gaskets are only a double figure purchase for that bike, so no worries.

Hanne
30th April 2008, 22:14
PLUS there are heaps of spare parts in stephen's shed! Don't know HOW many disassembled GN/ DR engines are now lying around.... liek a jigsaw

Squiggles
30th April 2008, 23:19
I will be home on sat afternoon and sun it seems, maybe some of fri. Should be able to grab the trailer at any point. anybody got a car w tbar?

motorbyclist
1st May 2008, 01:04
old man has a ute with tow bar, but it's horrible to drive, has a 12 m turning circle, and he may be using it on saturday. also got a trailer, but may be full of firewood

PirateJafa
1st May 2008, 06:03
I will be home on sat afternoon and sun it seems, maybe some of fri. Should be able to grab the trailer at any point. anybody got a car w tbar?
I have a car with a towbar if Banzai is willing to cover gas - what little money I have is going in the CBR-fund. :(

BANZAI
1st May 2008, 08:22
I have a car with a towbar if Banzai is willing to cover gas - what little money I have is going in the CBR-fund. :(

I don't mind paying petrol for your car. How much do you need? (does $10 get you anywhere?)

I'm only free on Sunday morning till 1:30pm (have to be back in town at 1:30pm)

PirateJafa
1st May 2008, 20:06
I don't mind paying petrol for your car. How much do you need? (does $10 get you anywhere?)

Out of my driveway (barely - damn cars! <_<).

NinjaNanna
1st May 2008, 20:19

Are you crazy, what are you going to do if you hit a car and heaven forbid its your fault!!!!

If you commute on it and lane split your playing with fire, just ask skidmark what happens when lane splitting goes wrong.

BANZAI
1st May 2008, 23:51
Out of my driveway (barely - damn cars! <_<).

Ok, I'll pay whatever that can get you from yourplace to Uni>Stephen's place>Manukau and then to Stephen's place...

So Sunday Morning ok? I HAVE TO BE BACK IN TOWN BY 1:30PM.

motorbyclist
1st May 2008, 23:55
Are you crazy, what are you going to do if you hit a car and heaven forbid its your fault!!!!

If you commute on it and lane split your playing with fire, just ask skidmark what happens when lane splitting goes wrong.

+1

it's only money saved till you have an accident, and they do happen

PirateJafa
2nd May 2008, 06:15
Ok, I'll pay whatever that can get you from yourplace to Uni>Stephen's place>Manukau and then to Stephen's place...

So Sunday Morning ok? I HAVE TO BE BACK IN TOWN BY 1:30PM.

Got a mate's birthday (and so does Stephen!) so won't be free until Sunday evening. Alternative is Monday evening?

Squiggles
2nd May 2008, 11:38
Got a mate's birthday (and so does Stephen!) so won't be free until Sunday evening. Alternative is Monday evening?

WTF? i thought its fri-> sat ????

motorbyclist
2nd May 2008, 14:53
LOL

i'll ask the old man about his ute when he gets home, which will probably be before i get home from the chiller, so it'll be when i get home....

BANZAI
4th May 2008, 12:32
Picked GN up today!

Hanne drove us up there and Stephen rode back the GN back to his garage!

We gave it little bit of clean and when the weather is good will take it to WOF.

He gave me ride back on his GN. That was pretty scary ride on wet motorway:laugh:

My ass got so wet!!! :lol:

Thanks a lot to you two and other people for who had look at thie thread and gave me advices!!! :first:

motorbyclist
4th May 2008, 13:43
good to see you got it all sorted

Jeremy
4th May 2008, 15:16
Whoah, it looks so small on Everglade drive. Good to see it got all the way back.

You'll want to reset the tripometer if you went and got a tank :P To memory when stuck in traffic doing like 20km/h all the way to uni you'll get about 200km out of a full tank till you hit reserve.

klyong82
4th May 2008, 19:16
Bike looks mint bro....congrats...you can now ride with your missus...how romantic..

Timati
4th May 2008, 19:30
Awesome. Get it sorted asap so you can join in with the rides.

BANZAI
5th May 2008, 13:23
Thanks guys!

Hey apparently State gave me $9/month for "FULL" cover...
Excess is $850 but most of insurance company I rang have over 750excess...

It's so wierd! I rang them to double check but they say it is full cover...
Should I just take this offer? It's so cheap! :gob:

Ragingrob
5th May 2008, 13:37
Thanks guys!

Hey yeah that sounds about right, I think for me it's like $16 a month for full with State. High excess yeah but just don't crash :).

bomma
5th May 2008, 16:08
Thanks guys!

geesus dude if your really keen to pay a higher premium just to make sure then you pay my insurance and ill pay for yours :first:

Hey yeah that sounds about right, I think for me it's like $16 a month for full with State. High excess yeah but just don't crash :).

man i wish i had a smaller bike just for the cheap insurance and shit:angry2:......mayb i should sell the hornetto and get myself a mighty gn :drool::clap: lol could make that a tui ad :2thumbsup

Timati
5th May 2008, 19:39
A whole discussion on insurance - http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=72830.

BANZAI
7th May 2008, 15:11
Got WOF for it! Now it's road legal! (altho gotto do rego very soon)

If weather is good(I hope) on this Saturday morning Stephen will take me to Cycle treads to get tyre for GN. Anyone would like to come along for morning ride???

klyong82
7th May 2008, 15:56
Got WOF for it! Now it's road legal! (altho gotto do rego very soon)

If weather is good(I hope) on this Saturday morning Stephen will take me to Cycle treads to get tyre for GN. Anyone would like to come along for morning ride???

I'll be free and I am dying for a ride.....might meet up with ya then.