PDA

View Full Version : Operation Awesome Bike!

ital916
13th April 2008, 20:42
Hey guys and gals

This is a call out to any uni smc club members keen to come around on wed/thursday/friday to help get my new bike in tip top running form! Operation awesome bike is under way and as the cat is out of the bag I might as well say it, I'm making a bad ass 250 cafe racer as my next bike. She will hopefully be a beaut, going with a dark theme *odd for a cafe I know* but I've always loved em and I want one. Nothing like a personalised bike eh. I need a hand to get her running well, after which I will hopefully start kitting, modding and rebuilding her. The end product is a few weeks away yet. SMC assemble *blows horn*, man I wish I did have one of those old school horns. Anyway if anyone is keen to come round on those days *will sort out which ones yet, but want her running brill before uni resumes*, wants to have a few brews, park the bike sup, kick tires, chill out and work on her that would be cool. :cool::banana:...anyone know when stephen gets back? Cos I know he would love to get his hands on another bike to tinker with lol.

Ride safe

Drider

EDIT: THE BIKE IS GETTING DELIEVERED TODAY SO WORK WILL START ON IT TOMORROW (WEDNESDAY), I"LL START AROUND ONEISH ALLOWING ALL UNI SLOTHS A NICE SLEEP IN LOL. WILL TRY TO GET HER RUNNING IN THIS PISS POOR WEATHER BUT WILL LEAVE THE SANDING AND PAINTING TILL SAT OR WHENEVER IT GETS SUNNY. THIS WILL PROP ALLOW US TO HEAD OF FOR A CHILL AND SOME BREWS IN THE ARVO/EVENING (CHECK POOL THREAD), I LOOK FORWARD TO CATCHING UP WITH YOU GUYS TOMORROW, OH AND FOR THOSE THAT DON"T kNOW MY ADDY JUST DROP ME A PM AND I'LL SEND IT TO YOU.

klyong82
13th April 2008, 21:29
what exactly do you need to be done on your bike? People will come only if they know what can fix... unless there's sausage sizzles....like spannar night..by the way thanks for getting my jacket....love it :headbang:

ital916
13th April 2008, 21:46
When she gets under way the bike only has half power.I have been told that it's most likely the rubber manifold from the carb leading to engine that is cracked leading to more air being sucked in hence the bike is running lean. That or there is a carby prob of some sorts. It's a good excuse to also have a chill, always good times when the club gets together.

Macstar
13th April 2008, 21:48
What's the actual model of bike? Get some Oggy knobs first!

ital916
13th April 2008, 21:59
lol it's an srv250, oggy knobs are on the list my friend but first bike must be running nicely. Trust me she will look suitably bad ass once she is completed. How's the hornet? Shame you didn't come to the spanner night, was a good catch up with everyone. Man I'm mega drained from work, will crash but i'll check the thread in the morn.

klyong82
13th April 2008, 22:03
When she gets under way the bike only has half power.I have been told that it's most likely the rubber manifold from the carb leading to engine that is cracked leading to more air being sucked in hence the bike is running lean. That or there is a carby prob of some sorts. It's a good excuse to also have a chill, always good times when the club gets together.

I suppose a bike with half the power might be ideal for you since you are still learning :bleh: Yeah sounds like a carb thingie... rubber manifold? or you mean rubber boot? connecting the carb to the engine? Haha if you came earlier at Stevo's we sizzled a GN rubber boot to fit the GN carb to EJ's FXR worked...

You might just need to buy another rubber boot to replace that cracked one.... i just hope it aint an old bike that you cant get anymore parts.

What's the actual model of bike? Get some Oggy knobs first!

Make that 3 knobs - fairing knobs, swingarm knobs and front wheel/axle knobs....for maximum protection.

Macstar
13th April 2008, 22:05
lol it's an srv250, oggy knobs are on the list my friend but first bike must be running nicely. Trust me she will look suitably bad ass once she is completed. How's the hornet? Shame you didn't come to the spanner night, was a good catch up with everyone. Man I'm mega drained from work, will crash but i'll check the thread in the morn.

Cool, I had a SRX400 once - I had to sell it to get the RF900R:( Hornet is being repaired with a few moddies at the same time... Mei is back now so have to balance my motorcycle-related activities i.e. Fri night Chilla, Sat all day at Quasimoto etc etc.

Anyway, gd to hear ya got a bike finally.

BANZAI
13th April 2008, 22:23
I wana come and watch! I can bring you guys some Sushi LOL

TOTO
13th April 2008, 23:10
I'm in definately. Dont got nothing to do on thursday night except ATNR but I'll come to your bike fixing if its happening, and also free all day friday bro. I'll bring some beer, and if I'm lucky i may even get my fork oil replaced :D. Anyhow , I'm in on thursday friday or saturday night :) Just say the word brother.

motorbyclist
14th April 2008, 01:20
motorb reporting in, SIR!

lemme at it!

*makes stabbing motion with screwdriver in one hand and bashing motion with hammer in the other*

:D

Timati
14th April 2008, 08:44
Count me in as well.

ital916
14th April 2008, 09:18
motorb reporting in, SIR!

lemme at it!

*makes stabbing motion with screwdriver in one hand and bashing motion with hammer in the other*

:D

Alright now were talking, after andrew has a go, I'll prob end up with a bitser biker screwed together with fxr, dirtbike and srv parts hehe, i'll be like "where the hell is my srv". lol Hammer...did somene say hammer...let me get my fighting hammer too then we can bash stuff *jokes*. The bike should hopefully be delivered tomorrow...*mumble on a trailer mumble* lol. Got big plans for her. Once she is up an runnin, the exhaust system needs to come off for a sand down, clean up and paint job as well as the body work, plus I wanna take off other bits and pieces to customise stuff. I reckon we should start customising the smc bikes so everyone can be like yup, thats my custom bike.

Timati
14th April 2008, 09:22
Hammer...did somene say hammer...let me get my fighting hammer too then we can bash stuff *jokes*.

I was just about to say that lol. Now on with the propellers.

Decided on a day yet? I reckon we should do the whole of Sat if that's possible. Start early on.

Bring plasters this time for more cuts.

HungusMaximist
14th April 2008, 11:37
I wana come and watch! I can bring you guys some Sushi LOL

Great idea bud, I am getting a bit sick of the usual sausages.

Btw, it was great meeting you on Friday Yugi (correct me if I am wrong with the name)

And looking forward to seeing Dushy's little beast.

ital916
14th April 2008, 11:41
Hey, I totally forgot that I work thursdays lol so it will have to be wed/fri/sat. Think I might have to go the way of stephen and ebay some parts in from overseas, hehe gotta love bike part shopping. You get the 929 all fixed up ewen? Last time I saw it on friday it was being worked on by andrew *worried look haha :lol:*

HungusMaximist
14th April 2008, 11:55
^ You mean on Saturday evening right?

Yep, we got the throttle cable sorted.

A 25 min job worked out to be a 2 hour one.

It took 4 of us to get the tank bag on the CBR.

Muwhahahaha.

motorbyclist
14th April 2008, 13:03
I reckon we should start customising the smc bikes so everyone can be like yup, thats my custom bike.

haha, at the rate the club goes go through bikes maybe not such a good idea;)

very glad issaac's wasn't written off, that bike was nice as with the tail tidy and exhaust

It took 4 of us to get the tank bag on the CBR.
[/B]

back*

BANZAI
14th April 2008, 13:32
Great idea bud, I am getting a bit sick of the usual sausages.

Btw, it was great meeting you on Friday Yugi (correct me if I am wrong with the name)

And looking forward to seeing Dushy's little beast.

I was kidding about Sushi :p NZ sushi is so expensive and tasteless!!!
Yuichiro is full name Yui for short, or Yuichi etc...

Yeah, guys at college called me Yu-gi-oh :sweatdrop

ital916
14th April 2008, 13:39
Cool, from now on your nickname is yu-gi-oh. :niceone:

TOTO
14th April 2008, 13:48
I was looking forward to the sushi _ taught you work at a sushi place or something. Anyhow, we can alwas chuck some bangers on the barbi. You got a barbi ay DUshi ?

So what day is ts gonna be then ? Friday or saturday ?

Ragingrob
14th April 2008, 13:53
Hey I'm free on Wednesday if that's when you're gonna do it, can't help that much but the more the merrier huh? Stephen gets back Tuesday night.

ital916
14th April 2008, 14:06
Well it's weather dependant but i would very much like to get started asap so wednesday start me thinks, this leaves lots of time to do more work on it before uni, but by all means if people can't make it wed then we can have a kick tires, beer drinking catch up on fri. *thursday is work all day lol*

TOTO
14th April 2008, 14:11
I'm in rotoroa now and coming back on thursday so I can do friday and saturday only.

The weather looks good for both friday and saturday (better on saturday dou)

shingo
14th April 2008, 14:53
I wonder how long it will take for your neighbour to come and tell us off for revving our bikes and talking really loud.

Oh, and i'm in too, gotta get my helmet off you anyway so i may as well make the trip worthwhile.

PirateJafa
14th April 2008, 15:15
I wonder how long it will take for your neighbour to come and tell us off for revving our bikes and talking really loud.

Just keep her away from me :Pokey::bash:

klyong82
14th April 2008, 15:26
I was kidding about Sushi :p NZ sushi is so expensive and tasteless!!!
Yuichiro is full name Yui for short, or Yuichi etc...

Yeah, guys at college called me Yu-gi-oh :sweatdrop

You got some Japanase girls to introduce to us? I bet Bomma would like to know some.

Well it's weather dependant but i would very much like to get started asap so wednesday start me thinks, this leaves lots of time to do more work on it before uni, but by all means if people can't make it wed then we can have a kick tires, beer drinking catch up on fri. *thursday is work all day lol*

Well I'll be there...woohhooo

Phurrball
14th April 2008, 16:55

Oh, and i'm in too, gotta get my helmet off you anyway so i may as well make the trip worthwhile.

So - I'm bringing the Firestorm with its full Yoshi system then?? :devil2:

Exxxxxxxxxcellent! (Monty Burns style, with hand rubbing)

ital916
14th April 2008, 19:06
So - I'm bringing the Firestorm with its full Yoshi system then?? :devil2:

Exxxxxxxxxcellent! (Monty Burns style, with hand rubbing)

Yes, yes you are. *wipes tear from eye*, the joy of scaring the shit out of the rude lady that lives next door will be oh so worth it. If we could get stevens tl there too we can have a sound off lol.

deanohit
14th April 2008, 22:28
Hey guys and gals

This is a call out to any uni smc club members keen to come around on wed/thursday/friday to help get my new bike in tip top running form! Operation awesome bike is under way and as the cat is out of the bag I might as well say it, I'm making a bad ass 250 cafe racer as my next bike. She will hopefully be a beaut, going with a dark theme *odd for a cafe I know* but I've always loved em and I want one. Nothing like a personalised bike eh. I need a hand to get her running well, after which I will hopefully start kitting, modding and rebuilding her. The end product is a few weeks away yet. SMC assemble *blows horn*, man I wish I did have one of those old school horns. Anyway if anyone is keen to come round on those days *will sort out which ones yet, but want her running brill before uni resumes*, wants to have a few brews, park the bike sup, kick tires, chill out and work on her that would be cool. :cool::banana:...anyone know when stephen gets back? Cos I know he would love to get his hands on another bike to tinker with lol.

Ride safe

Drider
Dude, that sounds like an awesome project!
Dunno if you've seen these pics, but heres some real cool SRVs:

ital916
15th April 2008, 09:07
Thanks deano, they look awesome. Mine will come with a big seat that I really wanna cut down a little lol, a bit more like the ones in your photo but a little more comfortable for everyday use.

NOTE: FIRST POST IS EDITED.

BANZAI
15th April 2008, 10:13
I was looking forward to the sushi _ taught you work at a sushi place or something. Anyhow, we can alwas chuck some bangers on the barbi. You got a barbi ay DUshi ?

So what day is ts gonna be then ? Friday or saturday ?

I don't work in Sushi place lol. In this kind of weather I dont rally wanna eat cold raw fish....

But if you guys want it I can buy it before I can goto Sushi place and head to the place.(I will sell it to you guys +%20 original price, and the money will goto my bike/gears/petrol funding :p)

Otherwise I could supply Corn Chips and Juice

Cool, from now on your nickname is yu-gi-oh. :niceone:

Noooooo! Bad memories....

You got some Japanase girls to introduce to us? I bet Bomma would like to know some.
Well I'll be there...woohhooo

I honestly don't know any Japanese girls... And I dont think none of my asian (girl)friends are interested :doh:

If you wanna chat to Japanese people, theres Uni Japanese club just started this year, wanna come and talk? (no guarantee of hot girls)

klyong82
15th April 2008, 12:01
Well I have not met you yet but will be good to meet you someday...plus you asian girlfriends.......dushi and bomma loves asian girls...eh :chase:

motorbyclist
15th April 2008, 12:03
Otherwise I could supply Corn Chips and Juice

hardly neccessary from the guy who's saving up for a bike

besides, corn chips and juice? kettles chips and beer!

motorbyclist
15th April 2008, 12:04
oh and i've got to cart my little bro around in the cage for the morning, so won't be there till 2 or 3

2wheeljunkie
15th April 2008, 12:10
hey dush i wud love to come and c the bike ehh..i got 4 tests when i get back so i cant lend a hand..would love 2 but juz cant..however can i rock by in the morning to c it..only if its not freakin rainin..u startin on it tomorrow are ya? and congratz on the new bike...!!!:banana:

ital916
15th April 2008, 12:32
Yeah I will be starting at one. Best pop in then bud cos I gotta head out to repco and get some sealant and stuff in the morning. To all who are coming feel free to bring a dry pair of clothes, as it will propably be raining tomorrow, this will test your mettle at working on bikes lol. The bike will be worked on under semi cover but expect to get a little wet. I will try pick up some cocoa so we can have hot choccies all round *nothing like it on a cold day lol* whilst working on it and have some beeeer later on at pool. Who's bringing cars and who's bringing bikes? Anybody else working on a bike tomorrow? I'm looking forward to getting the bike going and absolutely drenched in the process lol.

2wheeljunkie
15th April 2008, 12:43
ohh sweet as..hoPefuly its not raining..oii dush has the bike arrived yet?? if so Put some Pics online brehh!!

klyong82
15th April 2008, 12:55
All this talk about classic bikes has made my hand itch and I too wanna get a classic bike....looking constantly on trickme and T&E for a suitable cheapie bike..

2wheeljunkie
15th April 2008, 12:58
why is that kim..the 929 not giving u butterflies anymore..jokes..wat u Planing on getting once u sell your cbr bud?

BANZAI
15th April 2008, 12:59
Hey maybe I can only goto Pool tomorrow night. When are you thinking to head down to new market? Is the pool place where opposite of Lion Red??

The weather sucks!!! :angry2:

ital916
15th April 2008, 13:08
Hey BANZAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah mate thats all good, will head into pool whenver people feel like it, prob early evening. It's on broadway near the roundabout in newmarket, well thats where finda says it is lol. The bike hasn't arrived yet kyle but I will post plenty of "before" pics. Hehe buy a gb500 kim you'll love em.

2wheeljunkie
15th April 2008, 13:19
is pool now the added activity on the SMC list??..no one told me..:crybaby:

motorbyclist
15th April 2008, 13:21
All this talk about classic bikes has made my hand itch and I too wanna get a classic bike....looking constantly on trickme and T&E for a suitable cheapie bike..

haha you're not the only one

just for this week.. for now...

ital916
15th April 2008, 13:23

Haha yeah bro, i'm going insane inside the house by myself, and since I just love catching up with you nutters so much I reckon I'm gonna make more of an effort to get out and about. Pool night tomorrow, will play pool, drink beer and chat in newmarket. Come along and take a break from study. Nobody studies 24/7 kyle, come chill out.

ital916
15th April 2008, 13:24
METVUW shows rain starting to clear by elevneish/midday tomorrow, hopefully will be nice and non raining by evening.

xwhatsit
15th April 2008, 13:31

You're not allowed! It will take away from my prestige as the SMC's premier frame-flexing-kick-starting-vibrating-oil-leaking-swingarm-bouncing old bike rider!

ital916
15th April 2008, 13:54
I am very much contemplating dump pipes/straight pipes lol They will be so loud tho, good and bad at the same time.

klyong82
15th April 2008, 14:33
why is that kim..the 929 not giving u butterflies anymore..jokes..wat u Planing on getting once u sell your cbr bud?

CBR not for sale. Cant afford to drive to work now. CBR always pretty and never has any problems. Need something cheapie and has some problem to keep my attention on it.

Hey BANZAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah mate thats all good, will head into pool whenver people feel like it, prob early evening. It's on broadway near the roundabout in newmarket, well thats where finda says it is lol. The bike hasn't arrived yet kyle but I will post plenty of "before" pics. Hehe buy a gb500 kim you'll love em.

Yeah that GB500 is nice but it is modified bored to 599cc. Does not have a pillion seat which is a pity (I need to pillion someone). I have always like bikes to be original. Other than that it is a perfect GB500...i might try a classic European bike this time

You're not allowed! It will take away from my prestige as the SMC's premier frame-flexing-kick-starting-vibrating-oil-leaking-swingarm-bouncing old bike rider!

May the best bike win then....mine you it is only a thought or feeling and we all know feelings can wear off....

ital916
15th April 2008, 14:53
I now have a bike sitting in my garage..YUSSS! Feels good lol camera is dead so can't post pics. You guys will see it tomorrow.

shingo
15th April 2008, 15:04

I should have that c95 very soon, so your going to have some competition on your hands. Going to be a while till i get it running though.

klyong82
15th April 2008, 15:12
Super classic bike competition.....gotta get one at least 400cc and above to beat you all.

motorbyclist
15th April 2008, 15:18
heck the nc30's a classic, and mine is in original 1989 fairings with race replica paint ('cept i painted the rims)... only non standard parts on that bike to my knowledge are the rectifier, air filter, fuel line segment from tank to T junction and a few structural cable-ties.

beat that:bleh:

glice
15th April 2008, 15:55
I'm keen to come along.

i might try a classic European bike this time

have you owned a classic european vehicle before? when they are going its AWSOME, but they are alot of work and like to be difficult. only do it if you can really be botherd. having said that I would jump at the chance :rolleyes:

I am very much contemplating dump pipes/straight pipes lol They will be so loud tho, good and bad at the same time.

that would be cool my 74 cb200 had straight pipes and it sounded amaizing.

deanohit
15th April 2008, 16:45
Yeah that GB500 is nice but it is modified bored to 599cc. Does not have a pillion seat which is a pity (I need to pillion someone). I have always like bikes to be original. Other than that it is a perfect GB500...i might try a classic European bike this time

Thats not the GB500 on here is it?
The hump on that is a soft pillion seat, looks bloody good for material and not a cover.

Timati
15th April 2008, 17:01
Is pool night definitely on since I'll be offline pretty much after 5 tomorrow and was planning to head straight over after 8.30 from Ponsonby?

Timati
15th April 2008, 17:03
have you owned a classic european vehicle before? when they are going its AWSOME, but they are alot of work and like to be difficult. only do it if you can really be botherd. having said that I would jump at the chance

Depends on *which* euro car you get. Probably same principle applies with bikes. Am getting used to working on the Aprilia.

klyong82
15th April 2008, 18:18
I'm keen to come along.

have you owned a classic european vehicle before? when they are going its AWSOME, but they are alot of work and like to be difficult. only do it if you can really be botherd. having said that I would jump at the chance :rolleyes:

Not classics late 90's. Willing to give it a go. I suppose it is the same with european cars...bmw cars for example when it works it is the best car but once a problem comes up endless problems come after another.

Thats not the GB500 on here is it?
The hump on that is a soft pillion seat, looks bloody good for material and not a cover.

Yeah that is the one...can tell from the pics it has good stuff used on it.

Depends on *which* euro car you get. Probably same principle applies with bikes. Am getting used to working on the Aprilia.

Aprillia's are ok not heard much issue with them.

Squiggles
15th April 2008, 18:18
Do we have pictures yet? What are you buying sealant for?

shingo
15th April 2008, 18:26
Do we have pictures yet?

I'm guessing it's this one. Found the pic in jacko's profile.

motorbyclist
15th April 2008, 18:26
sealant is to seal the carby boot, or so i'm told....

:/

Squiggles
15th April 2008, 18:49
Similar motor to the XV250, from what a quick google reveals, the only difference may be in the heads, since he has a spare XV motor with toasted crank with it, if it has manifolds then they are quite possibly going to be the same

Sealing the manifold... hope the sealant likes to get real hot

Jacko2
15th April 2008, 19:00
Squigs, similar but not same. To mount twin carbs on srv, the seats are different. Ring me 810-8983

ital916
15th April 2008, 19:06
Pool night will be on since I am human and enjoy the company of other human beings, if all are keen a nice relax after getting the bike running would be cool. hmm dunno if the spare motor jacko has, has the rubber manifold thingy with it. I'll ask the repco guy tomorrow morning if the sealant can withstand the heat?? I dunno, come along stephen and have a tinker too, would be wicked to get it running peachy by the end of tomorrow. Oh can someone bring a 12mm socket in case we need it, mine got pinched/lost.

here she is below: *shingo you posted first darn you lol*

klyong82
15th April 2008, 19:24
Hmm....high temperature gasket sealant might work. Man this is one sweet looking bike....i like the blue.....

ital916
15th April 2008, 19:29
Hmm....high temperature gasket sealant might work. Man this is one sweet looking bike....i like the blue.....

So everone has been saying lol, now i'm thinking whether I should keep the blue and build on it with some paint detailing...keeping it classic cafe, or go with my original intention and turn it into a matte black beast lol

shingo
15th April 2008, 19:35
highest temp gasket sealer i can remeber is 260 celcius stuff.

EDIT: the blue looks nice, but i reckon that paint scheme you told me about would look better, as long as you repainted the frame so it wasnt shiny.

ital916
15th April 2008, 19:41
I'll stick to my guns, badass black it is lol *can't let other thoughts waver me*

Squiggles
15th April 2008, 19:59

EDIT: the blue looks nice, but i reckon that paint scheme you told me about would look better, as long as you repainted the frame so it wasnt shiny.

I've got the red stuff for headgaskets, i think that is higher, not sure how good its going to be for a manifold as it dissolves in petrol...

ital916
15th April 2008, 20:31

Repainting a frame is a big job sean, might have to save that one for a rainy day in the future lol

Hanne
15th April 2008, 20:43
Repainting a frame is a big job sean, might have to save that one for a rainy day in the future lol

As long as you document where all the bolts etc come off from it should be fine... sand off old paint, prime, apply all paint coats within that 1 hour time frame and so long as you are careful with those coats and get them even it is just a case of putting everything back where it came from. Not necessarily a BIG job, more of a jigsaw puzzle one.

(Stripping the DR ddin't take that long actually, it just took ages to put together coz of the adjustments and new parts and 'what colour should we paint this part?'s)

PS Let me know when you are painting! man I love that part:first:

ital916
16th April 2008, 07:51
THE WEATHERS GOOD GUYS, FEEL FREE TO COME FROM TWELVE ONWARDS, COS IT"S SUNNY!!! YAY

Timati
16th April 2008, 09:54
Dushy, where are you based? Might pop around 12ish for a couple of hours since am working today.

Timati
16th April 2008, 10:35
Not sure if anyone is free this Sat but anyone keen to help me clean the carbs and replace piston rings on the Aprilia? Thinking might give it a go but an experienced pair of hands would be welcome.

Hanne
16th April 2008, 12:29
THE WEATHERS GOOD GUYS, FEEL FREE TO COME FROM TWELVE ONWARDS, COS IT"S SUNNY!!! YAY

Where'd the sun go to hide???? Hope the rain holds off while you are mechanicalising over there

Timati
16th April 2008, 15:14
Came across the following rgv build using a RS250 wheelbase.

Ragingrob
16th April 2008, 18:13
Oooh so where was everyone?? :bash:

Me and Dushy were the only ones there till Andrew came at like 3. We removed all fairings and seat and front headlight bulb + casing. Checked sparkies, one is pretty dodgy with perhaps a bad thread, bike just give no power whatsover once the gear engages. When I left about 5, The carbs were off and in the process of being pulled apart. Heaps of the tubes and cases are worn and cracked which doesn't help...

Let us know if you guys got any further! It's already dark though.

Squiggles
16th April 2008, 18:17
I've been busy all day, and going out ta dinner shortly so no time to come round

Might get a chance to come by tomorrow and check it out

klyong82
16th April 2008, 18:38
They are meeting at Cock and Bull Newmarket as Dushi failed us all. By the way the bike blew up..........let Dushi explain.

So remember if you wanna meet them they are in Cock and Bull Newmarket bring your ID.

EDIT AGAIN: They going to the pool/bar/bowling place on the top floor of the wilson car park across the Cock and Bull.

Ragingrob
16th April 2008, 18:47
They are meeting at Cock and Bull Newmarket as Dushi failed us all. By the way the bike blew up..........let Dushi explain.

So remember if you wanna meet them they are in Cock and Bull Newmarket bring your ID.

The bike blew up?? You're kidding?!

BTW just checking did you find those fairing bolts at all or na?

Squiggles
16th April 2008, 21:24
By the way the bike blew up..........let Dushi explain.

Cant wait to hear this one... :doh:

BANZAI
16th April 2008, 22:36
Oooh so where was everyone?? :bash:

I did! But only for little while in New Market...

Nice meeting to Dushy and Timati (Goro??) anyway!

So you didnt goto New Market? I didn't see you there...

gijoe1313
16th April 2008, 22:40
:gob: The bike blew up!? Interestink mein herrs, pleeze to be elaboratings!

Ragingrob
16th April 2008, 22:48
:gob: The bike blew up!? Interestink mein herrs, pleeze to be elaboratings!

Interestinko for sure! Either Dushy give us details! Or Kim can blab :innocent:. I wanna know! Damn did I leave that cherry bomb in the fuel tank??

ital916
16th April 2008, 23:01
The bike didn't blow up lol kim is just being a rumour spreader, she runns but with no power, it's a carby problem. I have to head out tomorrow and buy rubber hosing and contact cleaner, maybe spark timing is off. Gonna need big guns on this one so yeah SOS to gijoe and squiggles and the such. Gonna be a real fun week :P oh im not working anymore tomorrow so feel free to com around from midday onwards!

Squiggles
16th April 2008, 23:28
Ill see what i can do, depends how much work i have at work, and how much study i get done @ uni, i've got some contact cleaner... tis fooken expensive shiat. Go get the rubber hosing from repco, they dont usually charge me coz im after so little of it

Is the petcock a vacuum one? (has a couple of lines at the tap, one of which goes to the top of the carb, the other one has fuel in it)

motorbyclist
16th April 2008, 23:58
all interested at having a look plz read this first:

ok, first of all the bike runs smooth as but produces NO power. seriously, i've ridden sick GNs with more grunt than that. my pocketrocket has more kick to it. not flooding, never misfires, just no power and slack response. there was water in the exhaust pipe (leaking from a rusted hole, must've just been condensation and a tad of rain). no smoke whatsoever, didn't bother to smell it. no kickstart so not much idea of compression

1st thing 1st check the plugs... seems rear one hasn't been done up tight and is just sitting in the thread. front plug clean, rear black but after installing properly it comes back to tan.... noticed that the rear plug thread was hard to locate the plug on and was diffucult to screw in near the end. suspect the thread in the head may be crossthreaded but couldn't see well enough to confirm.

next, check airfilter/petrol. looks good. quick look over carbies and apart from intake manifolds looking very sad indeed it wasn't too bad.

remove tank and airbox, start bike and rev it, looking inside carbies. the slide/diaphragm mechanism works fine, all is as it should be, but do notice the rear carby is spraying large fuel droplets everywhere, some were coming out the carby the wrong way. probably something up with the needle, but didn't seem that bad.... slight possibility of blowback from the inlet valve closing too late or not seating properly

remove carbies to investigate. at this point we noticed a few things:
electrical plugs, assumedly vacuum sensors to advance/retard the spark timing had very dirty and loose contacts. shall be cleaned before re-assembly.
the vacuum hoses and in particular a cover hose to block off an unused hole on the manifold was very badly perished and likely leaking. as such dushi is going to replace all the perished hoses (rather than just coating them in sealant
removed manifolds and examined. the inside seemed ok but the outside was perishing. covered in sealant incase there was a leak.
looked down the intake port on the cyclinder head and noticed that the metal was black for some reason, and had shiny bits. poked my finger in there (as you do) and found grit, unsure of origin, expect it to cause major headaches in the future if not already a problem. i doubt we introduced it removing the carbies bit it's entirely possible.

so, while it doesn't blow smoke and runs smoothly without any "bad" noises, it produced no power. likely to be from poor timing due to bad contacts, intake manifold leaks and possible compression loss from the vavles etc thanks to grit and dodgy spark plug thread

Ixion
17th April 2008, 00:04
I'd strongly suggest doing a compression test before embarkiong on anything else.

motorbyclist
17th April 2008, 00:04
Not sure if anyone is free this Sat but anyone keen to help me clean the carbs and replace piston rings on the Aprilia? Thinking might give it a go but an experienced pair of hands would be welcome.

was it a four stroke i'd be up in arms, but a two stroke is pretty easy to replace rings on. might pay to examine the cylinders/pistons for wear/tolerances if you aren't already replacing them (warning those parts are likely expensive)

just remember to drain the radiators before you begin, check the manual wherever possible and don't force anything unless it needs to be forced.... and do/undo bolts symmetrically about casings/covers to prevent warping/cracking:)

Ill see what i can do, depends how much work i have at work, and how much study i get done @ uni, i've got some contact cleaner... tis fooken expensive shiat. Go get the rubber hosing from repco, they dont usually charge me coz im after so little of it

Is the petcock a vacuum one? (has a couple of lines at the tap, one of which goes to the top of the carb, the other one has fuel in it)

i'll be in sometime after 3, depending on how my assignment is going...

yep it's the most retarded vacuum petcock system i've ever seen but suppose it does the job in a reasonably sesnible manner

Ixion
17th April 2008, 00:16
The black and black/yellow wires going to the carb are for a carb heater BTW. Those hoses around the carb and fuel tap are for the fuel pump.

xwhatsit
17th April 2008, 00:18
yep it's the most retarded vacuum petcock system i've ever seen but suppose it does the job in a reasonably sesnible manner

Throw it away and put a proper tap in. Save hassle in the long run.

Grit on the inlet tract sounds worrying. I can't work out wtf you guys are talking about, you seem to be mixing your terminology up all the time (at least Dushy lol), but what is the state of the intake manifold?

It seems silly to have a vacuum sensor in the carb controlling spark advance. I hear it's normally in the CDI, based on RPM (as the CDI knows what RPM of course), or old-style mechanical advance on the end of the flywheel. Having it based on carb vacuum would be ridiculous.

Get a manual, get a compression gauge, and somebody keep Dushy away from anything sharp.

motorbyclist
17th April 2008, 00:46
didn't look at wire colours, but there was two wires to the rear carb and one to the front. assumed it used vacuum like some cars do... heater never crossed my mind that's for sure.

alot of hoses and they all seemed to be devoid of fuel (except for the two fuel lines), which would make sense for a vacuum to operate a diaphragm (i did say it was retarded, didn't i?)

did think about a fuel pump, don't beleive i saw one. but i'm not a carby expert.

the intake manifolds, being the black rubber bits between carbys and cylinder heads, are perishing. all cracked on the outside, ok on the inside, still as flexible as is should be

motorbyclist
17th April 2008, 01:16
oh all this bike work has got me looking for a project...

which for me means looking for the most sorry looking rusty piece of crap that must not be running when i recieve it.... of course i'm not stupid and i know i can get parts for the things though..

whaddaya reckon?

now (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Classic-vintage/photos/a-150499002/p-65184419.htm)

6 months time (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Classic-vintage/photos/a-150797688/p-65341788.htm)

only bummer is i've already done an XR200 and XL125 so i'll know what i'm doing, and we all know how that is never any fun....

EDIT: just remembered i have two bikes in the shed both in need of love and riding, plus i'm broke, so maybe no project for me after all:baby:

Squiggles
17th April 2008, 08:55
oh all this bike work has got me looking for a project...

which for me means looking for the most sorry looking rusty piece of crap that must not be running when i recieve it.... of course i'm not stupid and i know i can get parts for the things though..

Too slow, i've bought all the crap off trademe already:crazy: :2thumbsup

klyong82
17th April 2008, 15:24
The bike blew up?? You're kidding?!

BTW just checking did you find those fairing bolts at all or na?

House is been renovated so got all the crap everywhere....if you can wait if not just pinch some from Squiggles TL lol. I'll have a look again when I get home.

The bike didn't blow up lol kim is just being a rumour spreader, she runns but with no power, it's a carby problem. I have to head out tomorrow and buy rubber hosing and contact cleaner, maybe spark timing is off. Gonna need big guns on this one so yeah SOS to gijoe and squiggles and the such. Gonna be a real fun week :P oh im not working anymore tomorrow so feel free to com around from midday onwards!

Well when I got there, there was a blonde :blank: who told me it blew up.....the conrods sticking out......spark plug coils blew 10metres away ...corrosion here and there... :blink:

Squiggles
17th April 2008, 23:34
Mikuni BDS26, as used on hyosung GT250s' (and presumably the R's as well as the GV250's)

http://www.seaies.com/New/sec2.html

Take a look at that carb boot, looks awefully similar. More investigation needed.

motorbyclist
18th April 2008, 02:01
ah, the old project bikes:ride:

reckon dushi needs one in much worse state.... dushi buy that xr100!

uncle just returned the old xl125.... had an electrical problem i couldn't nut out. turns out more or less everything burned out at once. magnetos, "random box thingy", a few coils here and there, you name it - it all got replaced. now starts first pop - and to think the old man thought it was my top end work! no faith whatsoever:oi-grr:

pic of the old xr200, post engine rebuild and cosmetics, pre forks rebuild and my homemade muffler.... think i was running on a bent rear shock at that point too :pinch:

ital916
18th April 2008, 07:18
Mikuni BDS26, as used on hyosung GT250s' (and presumably the R's as well as the GV250's)

http://www.seaies.com/New/sec2.html

Take a look at that carb boot, looks awefully similar. More investigation needed.

After some research I have found that the Mikuni BDS26 is indeed the carb in the srv. The virago runs a single and the srv runs dual mikuni bds26 carbs!

motorbyclist
18th April 2008, 13:08
for MOAR POWER!

(and more problems too)

ital916
18th April 2008, 13:23
for MOAR POWER!

(and more problems too)

Did someone say MOOOOOAAAAARRRRRRR POOOOWWWWEEEEEEEEERRRRR! Whilst were working on my bike why don't we modify it and attach a supercharger!

motorbyclist
18th April 2008, 14:21
how many spare clutches/gearboxes you got?

ital916
18th April 2008, 23:01
Okay stephen, problem founded. It the front cylinder...it's doing nothing. So the problem is with the front carb, need to pull it out, take it apart and find the problem. Or just buy a new carb and bang it in there. lol

motorbyclist
19th April 2008, 15:42
what do you mean it's doing nothing?

xwhatsit
19th April 2008, 15:51
what do you mean it's doing nothing?

It's not firing.

Bike is only running on one cylinder -- probably explains the knackered-GN performance.

motorbyclist
19th April 2008, 15:55
LOL

now why didn't i bother to check the front cylinder was firing? we pulled it out, it was pretty clean, i thought "that's a bit weird", put it back in and checked the rear plug for spark:Oops:

didn't even do the normal trick of seeing if any headers weren't heating up....

shingo
19th April 2008, 19:33
The front plug is firing, but is suppling no power when the throttle is open.

They had the rear plug out and it would idle with only the front cylinder going, but as soon as you gave it some gas it would die.

Dushy is going to clean out the front carb at some stage to see if there is anything obviously wrong with it, and hopefully fix the problems by doing so.

Ixion
19th April 2008, 19:56
Checked compression readings, but it was a bit hard to get a figure. It uses those teeny weeny mini spark plugs, which my good compression tester didn't fit. So I had to use an old one with the rubber cone push in and hold thing, which was also too large for the plug hole. So there was a bit of leakage past the rubber cone

Front cylinder was shoing something around 80psi (+ leakage). Rear a bit more (Or I did a better job of holding down the tester) , over 80psi.

Maybe lowish, but it's hard to know how much to allow for leakage, Should be enough to run anyway.

Removed rear plug cap, engine wouldn't start at all on front cylinder. Replaced rear, removed front, engine started , bike rode OK, allowing for it being a 125 pulling a dead cylinder. Apparently about the same with the rear only running as with both

Checked carbs, and the weird maze of fuel pipe. Rear cylinder carb receiving fuel OK, but front wasn't. Switched to Prime and front supply pipe had petrol coming out of it. Reconnected pipe, disconnected rear plug, front in, and it started OK on the front cylinder.

Idled fine, but any thottle at all and it dies immediately. No backfiring , no popping, just died.

No sign of excessive smoke, no oil residue in the exhaust.

Front carb to be checked out, and try to sort the fuel pipe maze.

Cylinders may or may not be a bit down on compression.

ital916
19th April 2008, 21:16
Checked compression readings, but it was a bit hard to get a figure. It uses those teeny weeny mini spark plugs, which my good compression tester didn't fit. So I had to use an old one with the rubber cone push in and hold thing, which was also too large for the plug hole. So there was a bit of leakage past the rubber cone

Front cylinder was shoing something around 80psi (+ leakage). Rear a bit more (Or I did a better job of holding down the tester) , over 80psi.

Maybe lowish, but it's hard to know how much to allow for leakage, Should be enough to run anyway.

Removed rear plug cap, engine wouldn't start at all on front cylinder. Replaced rear, removed front, engine started , bike rode OK, allowing for it being a 125 pulling a dead cylinder. Apparently about the same with the rear only running as with both

Checked carbs, and the weird maze of fuel pipe. Rear cylinder carb receiving fuel OK, but front wasn't. Switched to Prime and front supply pipe had petrol coming out of it. Reconnected pipe, disconnected rear plug, front in, and it started OK on the front cylinder.

Idled fine, but any thottle at all and it dies immediately. No backfiring , no popping, just died.

Exactly! So now I have to pull the carb off and open it up and check it. I have taken tank and air box off plus disconnected the fuel lines I have to, spilling lots of gas in the process haha.So carb is just waiting to come off bike and opened up. I will be doing that tomorrow arvo after work. Anyone keen to come have a looky can. I'm not getting intimidated by the carb *I hear they can be tricky to pull apart*, and hopefully having a look plus plugging it back in correctly will fix the problem. :cool:, she's a beast and aptly named black betty! P.s the blue has grown on me so I think I'll keep it!

motorbyclist
19th April 2008, 21:51

good work

lol that the fuel system is retarded!

Exactly! So now I have to pull the carb off and open it up and check it. I have taken tank and air box off plus disconnected the fuel lines I have to, spilling lots of gas in the process haha.So carb is just waiting to come off bike and opened up. I will be doing that tomorrow arvo after work. Anyone keen to come have a looky can. I'm not getting intimidated by the carb *I hear they can be tricky to pull apart*, and hopefully having a look plus plugging it back in correctly will fix the problem. :cool:, she's a beast and aptly named black betty! P.s the blue has grown on me so I think I'll keep it!

go for gold, just be aware of how many turns you undo certain things. if they're not tight to begin with, do them up and count the turns to do so, that way it all goes back together properly without drastic changes to air/fuel/mix etc. compare to the working carby and you'll be sweet as.

oh and the blue is nice, but once she's up and runnning there's all sorts of mods you can make....

beginning with simplifying the fuel system.... replace with a fuel pump/injectors and go for the turbo:devil2::headbang:

Squiggles
19th April 2008, 22:54
How bout just having one fricken diaphragm!

2wheeljunkie
20th April 2008, 17:38
how abt jus trading it in for a 1098S..jokes dush..how the carb look once u pulled it apart..better question..did u find a dead mouse in there??:laugh:

Ixion
20th April 2008, 21:56
No mouse. Apparently he found a mis-assembled and inoperative float instead. Should be a nice cheap simple fix.

motorbyclist
20th April 2008, 23:20
far out

i pulled the other carby open, but didn't bothr to look at that one

fail

ital916
21st April 2008, 14:17
Gah people are saying the front carb is correctly assembled and the rear isn't but i'm going with the fact that tghe rear works so will make the front look like the rear lol. Will see what happens.

xwhatsit
21st April 2008, 14:31
Eh? I'm confused. Make sure the wire loop holding the float valve is indeed hooked around the float tang, on both carbs.

ital916
21st April 2008, 14:49
Eh? I'm confused. Make sure the wire loop holding the float valve is indeed hooked around the float tang, on both carbs.

But the rear carb is working! Thats the one wear the loop is not hooked around the float tang. That means the front carb is correctly set up therefore I have not found out why the front cylinder carbs is preventing the front cylinder from producing power! How can the rear cylinder work with a carb with the float incorrectly set up?

xwhatsit
21st April 2008, 14:57
Both should look like this: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=93224&d=1208676398

Whether or not it works broken, if it doesn't look like that then it's not correct. Make sure float height is correctly set (when float valve is correctly connected), get the figure from the manual. If you don't have a figure then you can make an inaccurate guess (not at all ideal, but worth a try) by setting it to the height when the float valve is parallel with the gasket face. Bend the little tang to make adjustments. Be careful, only tiny adjustment needs to be made to produce a big difference in float height.

You sure you just didn't mix the carbs up?

ital916
28th April 2008, 18:47
UPDATE: The bike will eb back soon, umm I seem to hav egone and splurged a little as I am now the new owner of some bar end mirrors, a new exhaust to out on the bike and a new jacket *hey while I was at it i might as well do some new bike gear shopping* lol. The seat and bodywork will be sent away as soon as the bike is back, that will leave some clip ons and the seat and headlight and then she is ready to roll!

ital916
28th April 2008, 18:47
UPDATE: The bike will be back soon, umm I seem to have gone and splurged a little as I am now the new owner of some bar end mirrors, a new exhaust to put on the bike and a new jacket *hey while I was at it i might as well do some new bike gear shopping* lol. The seat and bodywork will be sent away as soon as the bike is back, that will leave some clip ons and the seat and headlight and then she is ready to roll!

pocketcracker
28th April 2008, 20:38
yep im glade to see ya have all ya correct riding gear while driving ya mummas car , ya my new hero ! ..... your a good roll model for our children Keep up the good work ! ,

Ps, maybe have a running bike that can enter and exit the coroloop b4 customizing ? just a thought !

Ps.... Still standing firm with slight backward lean awaiting my propeller !

ital916
28th April 2008, 21:04
yep im glade to see ya have all ya correct riding gear while driving ya mummas car , ya my new hero ! ..... your a good roll model for our children Keep up the good work ! ,

Ps, maybe have a running bike that can enter and exit the coroloop b4 customizing ? just a thought !

Ps.... Still standing firm with slight backward lean awaiting my propeller !

I'll be back on two wheels soon enough, i've only been off them for three weeks! lol. Mate..we should head back to whangarei to find that trophy wife. haha

pocketcracker
29th April 2008, 23:25
it was like you had a pussy magnet attached to ya shlong ! becasue thats all she was wanting ! ....

She must have a thing good yummy chocolate men ! HEHEHEHHEHE<

Hurry da flux up and get that Push bike running ! Ps, its raining becasue of you !

ital916
30th April 2008, 19:16
Okay so hopefully the bike comes home tomorrow and the verdict from the mechanic is

She runs!...but and a BIG but it is...is that the front cylinder smokes. Now in mikes opinion I should run it for two weeks and see what happens as the front cylinder hasn't been running in eons and it might just clear out over time. If not then back to mike it goes to have the front cylinder opened up to have a look. As far as doing her u is going. New headlight is on, not changing bars, mirrors will be on soonish, seat will need to be redone, bodywork is still nice so that will be left alone, leaving just exhaust and then riding the tits off her! The bars will be left as is, as I find them comfortable and financially, clip ons aren't worth it at the moment. Bodywork is in good condition, the paint is 98% mint so it will get recond at a later date. Here's to hoping the smokyness is just a bit of cloggage.

PirateJafa
30th April 2008, 20:23
Okay so hopefully the bike comes home tomorrow and the verdict from the mechanic is...

It's gonna explode!

Macstar
30th April 2008, 20:27
Here's to hoping the smokyness is just a bit of cloggage.

Mate, smoke coming out of arse aint a new thing...

motorbyclist
1st May 2008, 00:40
save some money and let me and stevo at it!

what is it with you and smoky bikes? reckon your srv got "two-strokeritis" from being in the same garage as the old RG?:p

ital916
1st May 2008, 08:58
Yay bike comes back on sat morning! Can't wait to see my little beast again.

Timati
1st May 2008, 11:00
We should organize a "welcome home" ride lol

motorbyclist
3rd May 2008, 20:57
Progress report:

without going into details, dushi makes a good pillion, bike still weak but does a hilarious two stroke impression at high revs when teh power kicks in (with coughs and splutters and brown/black smoke fires out the muffler), really needs a new headlight as the fucked one is well and truly fucked now (we learnt important lessons about why we don't "make it fit" and why we should remember how things were dissassembled)

xwhatsit
4th May 2008, 01:56
What diameter is the headlight? Would it fit an 8" job? It's off a Bandit 400, it's on my bike at the moment -- got a few scrapes and dings around the rim unforunately. About to swap it for a mint SR400 job (looks almost identical, but symmetrical pattern).

ital916
4th May 2008, 07:26
hmm ill need to measure it up, but it might fit. I'm just confused as to why it' sooo gutless, both cylinders are now running and most of the crap has been blown out of it.

Squiggles
4th May 2008, 13:06
hmm ill need to measure it up, but it might fit. I'm just confused as to why it' sooo gutless, both cylinders are now running and most of the crap has been blown out of it.

According to the web, it only puts out 20kW, your RG put out 26kW , my GN 15kW

motorbyclist
4th May 2008, 13:47
squiggles, have you ridden it today? go have a blat and tell us what you think... one you get high enough in the revs it's starts getting power in little bursts, kinda like inverse misfiring, while brown/black smoke comes in big puffs/streams from the muffler... and every time i've seen it now it's still been blowing water out the exhaust joinery

of course i want you to have a blat and see if it's got as much juice as a GN. compared to a VTR250 it's got nothing, seems to have less than an FXR150, but once it starts banging and hit's it's "power band" it feels like a VTR250 engine with more vibration

edit: and i don't think the neighbour approves of us sitting the bike on the driveway in neutral with the throttle cracked wide open and all sorts of smoke billowing around us, shouting "DID YOU HEAR THAT? IT POPS WHEN WE LET OFF" over it all :D - she sure didn't look happy

Ixion
4th May 2008, 14:17
It should have about the sameas a Virago 250, maybe a bit more high up. Virago is pretty linear, definately more than a GN, less than an SRX.

Definately won't have the performance of an RG150.

Shouldn't be blowing smoke, that's not good.

motorbyclist
4th May 2008, 14:31
should've used my phone to take a video... i've never seen anything like it - concerned for the well-being of that exhaust valve!

oh and dushi, you'd better hurry up with that oil change! really should've been the first thing you/we did when you got it

Squiggles
4th May 2008, 14:46
F'd if im going to ride it in this weather

motorbyclist
4th May 2008, 15:01
HTFU!:bleh:

ital916
4th May 2008, 17:02
Well the reason it was so gutless is it's still bloody running on one cylinder! Thought the mechanic fixed it but when I tried starting her today I heard the familiar struggle to start a dead cylinder! Fuck, the mechanic and I will have words tomorrow! Along the line of..take her back and fix her like you said you would!

motorbyclist
4th May 2008, 19:46
to be fair baoth headers were hot when i was riding it, and it started like magic too.

had that oil change?

ital916
4th May 2008, 20:02
to be fair baoth headers were hot when i was riding it, and it started like magic too.

had that oil change?

not yet havent had time

Ragingrob
4th May 2008, 20:11
not yet havent had time

Only takes 20mins! :ride:

ital916
5th May 2008, 13:51
I love my bike to bits and really want her running perfectly, henceforth drastic action must be taken. *bom bom*......results of said drastic action will be posted within two weeks.

glice
5th May 2008, 15:43
Only takes 20mins!

I rekon I could do 5min :rolleyes:

Im yet to see this bike dushy, I know the model and they look good, how much did the mechanic charge you to not fix your bike?

motorbyclist
5th May 2008, 19:47
I love my bike to bits and really want her running perfectly, henceforth drastic action must be taken. *bom bom*......results of said drastic action will be posted within two weeks.

turbocharge?

swap engine for a vfr400...

then supercharge?

ital916
5th May 2008, 21:39
turbocharge?

swap engine for a vfr400...

then supercharge?

lol not quite, on the bright side did get my new exhaust, a sexy vicious little beauty, 17inch reverse cone shorty megaphone. sexy.

pocketcracker
6th May 2008, 13:53
goose ! ,,, leans back and looks gansta !

ital916
6th May 2008, 17:42
goose ! ,,, leans back and looks gansta !

:blink::crazy: did you forget your meds again today?

Chrislost
6th May 2008, 18:17
Well the reason it was so gutless is it's still bloody running on one cylinder! Thought the mechanic fixed it but when I tried starting her today I heard the familiar struggle to start a dead cylinder! Fuck, the mechanic and I will have words tomorrow! Along the line of..take her back and fix her like you said you would!

my mates NSR did that.

never figured out what was wrong with it although a carb balance got it running on two for about a week before it ate its rings and a few other bits.

Squiggles
7th May 2008, 18:51
I went for a wee spin on the dr just before, will go again after dinner. fun :D

PirateJafa
7th May 2008, 20:38
Dilworth's fields will never look the same again.

motorbyclist
8th May 2008, 00:36
school fields are the best for dirtbikes... the banks and lanscaping surounding them make for the best jumps, you get an audience pretty quick and the engine noise echoes back from buildings:first:

it's shame you can only do it for 5 minutes tops before heading back down the road, but it's a glorious 5 minutes

yod
8th May 2008, 00:46
you get an audience pretty quick

wtf?:blink:

motorbyclist
8th May 2008, 00:50
kids love bikes.... parents/staff not so much (you'd be surprised how many people are at shcools on a weekend)

motorbyclist
9th June 2008, 00:26
PROGRESS REPORT?

2 days i hear

ital916
9th June 2008, 08:30
PROGRESS REPORT?

2 days i hear

:shifty:...tee-hee-hee...yes...my baby shall be home soon. I couldn't find clipons for her so I tackled it from a different approach. I bought bars that are also excellent on rd350's *listen up jafa* haha.

A few mods to go after. Don't worry you'll see her within a few weeks. *i need some alone time with her for a week or two*

HungusMaximist
9th June 2008, 14:55
Don't worry you'll see her within a few weeks. *i need some alone time with her for a week or two*

Make sure you clean the muffler outlet hole first and oh yea, don't forget to use lubricant :msn-wink:

Ragingrob
9th June 2008, 14:57
Make sure you clean the muffler outlet hole first and oh yea, don't forget to use lubricant :msn-wink:

Ha!

10charmander

TOTO
9th June 2008, 15:32
lets have another "go over at dusi's and look how he fixes the bike" night. I'll bring you beer :first:

xwhatsit
9th June 2008, 15:44
Does it go yet?

EJK
10th June 2008, 18:46
Whats the update?

2wheeljunkie
10th June 2008, 22:45
hey dush mate..seriously can we have an update..fark your 2 week hold up on her..im coming ova whter u like it or not mister..:bleh: