PDA

View Full Version : Canterbury: Canterbury foothills & skip in Coleridge Village (Sunday 20th)

T.W.R
13th April 2008, 21:13
Ride out to the foothills with a detour into Coleridge Village next Sunday ;)

Meet 10am at Princess Margaret Hospital

Head out towards the hills via Tai Tapu through to Dunsandel then inland to Hororata (stop a pie & drink).
From Hororata upto Coleridge Village (one way in & out) then back around onto the scenic highway to Oxford
turn inland to Ashley gorge and follow the road through to Rangiora
and back to ChCh.

Roughly 300km loop
5 fuel options along the way

Easy ride for bikes big or small

Checked it out today with Deviant Esq, Helenoftroy, and her lad Sam
had a damn good ride with good company on a brilliant day :2thumbsup

homer
13th April 2008, 22:09
sounds really good , think ill be with the locals next sunday ? well more locals locals, any ways will post later

Skyryder
13th April 2008, 22:33

Meet 10am at Princess Margaret Hospital

Head out towards the hills via Tai Tapu through to Dunsandel then inland to Hororata (stop a pie & drink).
From Hororata upto Coleridge Village (one way in & out) then back around onto the scenic highway to Oxford
turn inland to Ashley gorge and follow the road through to Rangiora
and back to ChCh.

Roughly 300km loop

Can I bring my fishing rod??:first:

Skyryder

T.W.R
13th April 2008, 23:46
sounds really good , think ill be with the locals next sunday ? well more locals locals, any ways will post later

:scratch: local yokels :rolleyes:

Can I bring my fishing rod??:first:

Skyryder

yeah yeah rub it in :doh:

And Nah it's above the white posts :bleh: plus the fish a farked this time of year that far up the river, the flesh is like mushy shit :sick:

Transalper
14th April 2008, 09:09
So sad, if you like shingle and dirt it makes a nice loop route out via Lake Lyndon, none of this one way in & out stuff.
Oh well, as you were.

SDU
14th April 2008, 10:51
Sounds like a nice change of scenery for a ride - may have to do it another time as I'll be stuck at work.
Have a good one.

Skyryder
14th April 2008, 11:07
Yep it's nice country up that way. Just not too sure if I'm a go'er or not.

Skyryder

helenoftroy
14th April 2008, 19:21
Roughly 300km loop

It was a brilliant day,and like T.W.R says just fine for bikes big and small.Some of the newer riders would really enjoy this ride me thinks:banana:
T.W.R is a great riding buddy:scooter:

So sad, if you like shingle and dirt it makes a nice loop route out via Lake Lyndon, none of this one way in & out stuff.
Oh well, as you were.
I did mention the joys of that particular road more than once:devil2: and Bill mentioned that he'd been thinking bout Triumph Tigers etc so ya never know........:lol:

T.W.R
14th April 2008, 19:36
I did mention the joys of that particular road more than once:devil2: and Bill mentioned that he'd been thinking bout Triumph Tigers etc so ya never know........:lol:

:rolleyes: That wasn't the only thing you mentioned :lol: there were a couple of comments of Oh I've never been on that road before & never travelled back from there on that road either :cool:

Liked Deviant's comment at Coleridge " Just riding along soaking up the scenery" :cool:

:spanking: Adventure riders lols that road is the main highway compared to tracks I know around the area from 4WD & Tramping :bleh:
But yeah a Tiger is on the list of options :blip:

Subike
14th April 2008, 19:38
me thinks me might have to involve meself in this ride.
will depend upon the weather :sunny:, and sat night, ( less beer time)as I have to leave here at 9am at least to be on time :whocares:
got to get the last rides in before winter for sure

homer
14th April 2008, 20:05
[QUOTE=T.W.R;1518990]:scratch: local yokels :rolleyes:

Yeah we have sunday rides from town here , little bit sediate but good

T.W.R
14th April 2008, 20:26
I have to leave here at 9am at least to be on time :whocares:
got to get the last rides in before winter for sure

:lol: I'll be on the road before 9am :bleh:

[QUOTE=T.W.R;1518990]:scratch: local yokels :rolleyes:

Yeah we have sunday rides from town here , little bit sediate but good

:lol: I've never known any of the locals to be sedate on any ride :rolleyes: The GP styled trips to the Brass used to be worth watching years ago especially the LeMans start at the clock tower :crazy:

QRUZN
14th April 2008, 20:27
Sounds like a very cool ride. Will do my best to make it.

homer
14th April 2008, 20:32
:lol: I'll be on the road before 9am :bleh:

[QUOTE=homer;1520411]

:lol: I've never known any of the locals to be sedate on any ride :rolleyes: The GP styled trips to the Brass used to be worth watching years ago especially the LeMans start at the clock tower :crazy:

Oh our locals ride sedate , lol, the only ones that dont i dont even bother trying to keep up

T.W.R
14th April 2008, 20:33
Sounds like a very cool ride. Will do my best to make it.

Welcome to the Nut factory :cool:

Yeah come along for sure :niceone:

we're a reasonably balance bunch so you wont come to any harm :shutup:

T.W.R
14th April 2008, 20:38
[QUOTE=T.W.R;1520470]
Oh our locals ride sedate , lol, the only ones that dont i dont even bother trying to keep up

You're down this way too though aren't you (Ashburton) ???

The wee jaunts that BP, Ralph, W Adams, etc get involved in are fairly high velocity affairs.

The lads up Methven way are a bit more sedate, Symes boys, Cedric F and crew

homer
14th April 2008, 20:42
yeah im down this way , ashy
some arnt to bad to ride with from here
a few on a couple of the sunday rides , usually when a few come along ,seems to be a bit no holds barred.
one death not a speed fault as im aware " fireblade"
one lose of licence 142 km
i know the speed is easy .
glad it wasnt me, all in one arvo

laRIKin
14th April 2008, 21:41
I could be in for this one as well TWR.

T.W.R
14th April 2008, 22:49
I could be in for this one as well TWR.

:niceone: Mite have to have nosy over the 955 :innocent: me likes triples me does :D
Actually a mate could be bringing his 3CL out for an airing too :first:

Deviant Esq
14th April 2008, 23:34
I'd be keen to go for sure, like T.W.R says we did this route the Sunday just gone and it was nice - but unfortunately, I'm away for that weekend - bugger! Unfortunately I'll have to miss out... at least I did it yesterday. Quite straight for most of it, so if you're looking at this thinking to have a 300km carve of some twisties this may not be the ride for you, but a nice ride all the same and as was mentioned, some very nice scenery, especially heading into (and back out of) Lake Coleridge village. Hopefully you get as nice a day as we did yesterday! Cheers for the ride T.W.R :cool:

Sellout
15th April 2008, 00:03
Ah, looks good! Hopefully the 5 fuel options aren't too far apart.....

Ha. I'll do my best to be there! Sounds like a nice day!!

T.W.R
15th April 2008, 00:06
I'd be keen to go for sure, like T.W.R says we did this route the Sunday just gone and it was nice - but unfortunately, I'm away for that weekend - bugger! Unfortunately I'll have to miss out... at least I did it yesterday. Quite straight for most of it, so if you're looking at this thinking to have a 300km carve of some twisties this may not be the ride for you, but a nice ride all the same and as was mentioned, some very nice scenery, especially heading into (and back out of) Lake Coleridge village. Hopefully you get as nice a day as we did yesterday! Cheers for the ride T.W.R :cool:

:pinch: bugger mate!, was good to get you out and about in some different territory

You better get that SPONGE-BOB front brake sorted too ;)

lol It isn't about carving corners up, yes there a few to be chewed up in places but it's about venturing beyond the normal circuits and with soaking up the majority of the straight roads by Hororata things get interesting.

learning a few things on a straight road teaches a bit about control & visual awareness, especially at intersections :yes:

Before it gets too close to the height of winter I'll get you to a couple of roads that'll make you :drool:

JMemonic
15th April 2008, 07:03
Sounds like a good ride, but I don't think I will be joining you this week :crybaby:, have fun all those heading out on it.

T.W.R
15th April 2008, 07:27
Hopefully the 5 fuel options aren't too far apart.....

About 100km is the biggest gap between servos ;)

That's from Hororata into Coleridge then back out to Glentunnel

phoenixgtr
15th April 2008, 09:11
You better get that SPONGE-BOB front brake sorted too ;)

Is it still bad or has it gotten worse since we bled it?

I won't be able to make this ride. I'm going to be busy pedalling my arse off on my mountain bike.

Have a good one

T.W.R
15th April 2008, 17:24
Is it still bad or has it gotten worse since we bled it?

I won't be able to make this ride. I'm going to be busy pedalling my arse off on my mountain bike.

Have a good one

:pinch: If you can pull the lever back to the bar with 2 fingers it's bad :eek:
Couldn't see any leaks anywhere or any moisture to indicate a rupture etc, but the junction coupling are notorious for trapping air, so it could just need a good pressure bleed to cure it :niceone:

We'll be up in the Mountains on bikes :woohoo:

laRIKin
15th April 2008, 17:38
:niceone: Mite have to have nosy over the 955 :innocent: me likes triples me does :D

I have always wanted a Jota after a guy I knew years ago had a real hotrod-ed one. Fark could it go.

phoenixgtr
15th April 2008, 19:03
:pinch: If you can pull the lever back to the bar with 2 fingers it's bad :eek:

Hmmm...it certainly wasn't that bad when we bled it. It was that bad before hand though!!

JMemonic
15th April 2008, 20:18
Hmmm...it certainly wasn't that bad when we bled it. It was that bad before hand though!!

Not a good look, strip all the hoses down and reassemble, it might just be a misaligned connection.

If you need a hand PM me.

dangerous
15th April 2008, 20:21
doubt Ill be able to make it TWR, racing in Timaru on the Saturday... but will keep it in mind.

T.W.R
15th April 2008, 20:43
I have always wanted a Jota after a guy I knew years ago had a real hotrod-ed one. Fark could it go.

:shifty: Laverdas have a tendency to do that once they've been fettled properly :headbang:

The way it felt and by comparison to what I see & have to deal with through work I think it could actually be the master cylinder piston seals are naffed :yes:

doubt Ill be able to make it TWR, racing in Timaru on the Saturday... but will keep it in mind.

:spanking: excuses :bleh:

XF650
15th April 2008, 20:46
Is the Coleridge Cafe still open?

The Lone Rider
15th April 2008, 20:56
I may come to this. It's on the way to where I'd be going that day anyway. I'll be turning off from Oxford however.

Might see you there!

Rashika
15th April 2008, 21:00
be nice to go for a bit of a ride out that way. Have to see how bad i feel after racing at levels on saturday tho, hopefully no crashing this time :innocent:

T.W.R
15th April 2008, 21:09
Is the Coleridge Cafe still open?

You meaning the Coleridge lodge, just over the road from the powerstation or down in amongst the cribs ?? ; the lodge has a small bar with an assortment of drinks & snacks

be nice to go for a bit of a ride out that way. Have to see how bad i feel after racing at levels on saturday tho, hopefully no crashing this time :innocent:

:shutup: just don't throw Elsie away on any of the corners & you'll be fine :first: you should be running on adrenaline during the racing so a wee jaunt into the high country will be a breeze on Sunday and refreshing :scooter:

T.W.R
15th April 2008, 21:12
I may come to this. It's on the way to where I'd be going that day anyway. I'll be turning off from Oxford however.

Might see you there!

:shit: turning off from Oxford :confused: timing-wise we shouldn't be near Oxford till at least mid arvo

The Lone Rider
15th April 2008, 21:13
:shit: turning off from Oxford :confused: timing-wise we shouldn't be near Oxford till at least mid arvo

I just have to drop off the misses, the kids will be glad to have her back home after romping around the city with me all of Saturday. Doubt she will say no to a ride around the place before getting home.

Right.. time for bed for me. Early start as usual.

Rashika
16th April 2008, 05:10
:shutup: just don't throw Elsie away on any of the corners & you'll be fine :first: you should be running on adrenaline during the racing so a wee jaunt into the high country will be a breeze on Sunday and refreshing :scooter:

Elsie wasn't the one who had problems with levels, it was the old bucket... but now I have a NEW bucket, we'll see how this baby likes Levels! ;)

Lil'M
16th April 2008, 09:57
Bugga it, cant make this one im being dragged up to wellington for a wedding. missing out on racing at levels and now this!! <_< haha

Have a good one, hope the weather stays good for ya :)

XF650
16th April 2008, 12:45
What time do you think you will hit Coleridge?

Spuds1234
16th April 2008, 13:10

Wont be able to make the ride Im afraid, but if this bike comes along, all I have to say is pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics

Seriously I love these bikes. My dad would be interested in seeing the pics as he has a 77 3cl to.

Lots of pictures

timg
16th April 2008, 21:13
Oh well, as you were.

Hey TA! You comming? XF650 made mention of heading from Ashvegas to the Rakaia Gorge up the Zig Zag Road and meeting the ride, possibly at Hororata mmmmmm pies & beer :drool: :apint: then peeling off to go thru the Lyndon Rd on the way back. So there's a wee bit of shingle in the offing if you're interested?

Hororata (stop a pie & drink).

TWR wot time do you think you might be at Hororata?

T.W.R
16th April 2008, 22:20
TWR wot time do you think you might be at Hororata?

Well if we head away from PMH by 10.30, we'd be in Hororata roughly at 11.30, there may be one or two who want to fuel up at Lincoln possibly.
Aren't going to be setting any time/distance records, it's just going to be meander across the plains.

If you're thinking of heading through the Lyndon Rd, you should scoot up past the Coleridge Lakes to the top village & the harper intake for a nosy :niceone:

Skyryder
17th April 2008, 09:12

TW's orignale post said Sunday.

Has this changed??

Skyryder

T.W.R
17th April 2008, 17:20
TW's orignale post said Sunday.

Has this changed??

Skyryder

Nah nothings changed :pinch: just the ol' ginga is a wary old battle horse that's past it best & needs it's rest, either that or he's hinting that the guzzler isn't that comfy :lol:

helenoftroy
17th April 2008, 21:11
Bugga it, cant make this one

Would have been good to see ya Lil'M - next time:soon::soon:

I will be there.....I will ride a blue bike but which one,that is the problem...

nigelp
17th April 2008, 21:21
I think I might come along to this ride if you will have me! I might try the off piste diversions with the Ashvegas boys too!

chubby
18th April 2008, 12:11
Sounds like a great ride but i have my kids this Sunday. I know you have the wednesday evening rides but how often do you organise the weekend rides? Yes I am new to KB.

Transalper
18th April 2008, 12:15
Hey TA! You comming? XF650 made mention of heading from Ashvegas to the Rakaia Gorge up the Zig Zag Road and meeting the ride, possibly at Hororata mmmmmm pies & beer :drool: :apint: then peeling off to go thru the Lyndon Rd on the way back. So there's a wee bit of shingle in the offing if you're interested?...
Would have been interested, will be going to Hokitika Saturday, doing some geocaching along the way and tiki touring about the nearby area doing more.
Maybe on our way home I can convince J to hook a right at lake Lyndon and go in from there, up to the true end of the road up the Wilberforce canal past the top of lake Coleridge.
If we see ya we see ya, but don't expect to be in there till after lunch.
Cheers
TA.

The Lone Rider
18th April 2008, 16:00
Misses is sick so other won't be out much and not out for ride either now.

Biggles2000
18th April 2008, 23:37
Might turn up myself.......

P_

laRIKin
19th April 2008, 11:27
I'm ready, just cleaned the wet suit and found my old snorkel.:devil2:

T.W.R
19th April 2008, 11:30
I'm ready, just cleaned the wet suit and found my old snorkel.:devil2:

:lol: you going for a dip in the lake??? :bleh:

There's a good dusting of snow on the top of Mt Hutt this morning, so it should be a fairly majestic vista to be had up at Coleridge :yes:

laRIKin
19th April 2008, 11:35
There's a good dusting of snow on the top of Mt Hutt this morning, so it should be a fairly majestic vista to be had up at Coleridge :yes:

OK I'll find the ice axe and crampon's as well.:bleh:

helenoftroy
19th April 2008, 20:04
Should be a beaut day for a ride up to the hills.... :banana:

Subike
19th April 2008, 20:14
bugger cant come
got work at 8.30am
Harvest times is good for the pocket,
bad for the rides
damb

T.W.R
19th April 2008, 20:15
OK I'll find the ice axe and crampon's as well.:bleh:

Just take the Guzzi :shifty: they plough through most things :bleh:

Should be a beaut day for a ride up to the hills.... :banana:

It's looking pretty good :niceone: Going to be a bit crisp 1st thing but that isn't a problem :scooter:

BBzz
19th April 2008, 20:20
Hummm? Should go to work / or :ride: If its goes OK may see ya @ PM.
If not have a awesome ride anway

dangerous
19th April 2008, 20:29
Well at this point in time... sorry TWR but I fair screwed after racing at levels today 6 races and 2 15min pratices on old shit like mine and Im stuffed, will try n get down there to meet up tho... what time @ PM?

laRIKin
19th April 2008, 20:34
Just take the Guzzi :shifty: they plough through most things :bleh:

That is true.

Skyryder
19th April 2008, 21:06
Is it still ten outside PM Hospital??

Skyryder

T.W.R
19th April 2008, 21:12
Is it still ten outside PM Hospital??

Skyryder

;) that it is :2thumbsup

T.W.R
19th April 2008, 21:16
Well at this point in time... sorry TWR but I fair screwed after racing at levels today 6 races and 2 15min pratices on old shit like mine and Im stuffed, will try n get down there to meet up tho... what time @ PM?

Poor old guy! bit knackered huh :zzzz:

Still the same time as it's always been 10am at PMH :yes:

Mr Triple
19th April 2008, 22:33
Would of been keen to do this one Bill, but got to work stuff it all. O well be another one soon maybe, so all have a good ride.:rolleyes:

T.W.R
19th April 2008, 22:49
Meet at PMH at 10am, allow a bit of time for people to arrive then depart close to 10.30 :yes:

Would of been keen to do this one Bill, but got to work stuff it all. O well be another one soon maybe, so all have a good ride.:rolleyes:

Next time Mate :msn-wink:

Got another couple of ideas for rides brewing so will hatch a plan or two before Winter really makes it's presence felt :sunny:

T.W.R
20th April 2008, 07:46
Well it looks like it's going to be a good one :banana:

Pretty cool here: just 3 degrees outside at the moment but its clear as a bell with no wind :sunny:

Mr Triple
20th April 2008, 08:57
Meet at PMH at 10am, allow a bit of time for people to arrive then depart close to 10.30 :yes:

Next time Mate :msn-wink:

Got another couple of ideas for rides brewing so will hatch a plan or two before Winter really makes it's presence felt :sunny:

Yeah that be great if we can get a couple of rides in before winter sets in.
By the looks of out side you're going to have a fantastic day. :Punk:

homer
20th April 2008, 09:07
not good you cant get long today ,
catch up later m8
hope some more great days before winter

Mr Triple
20th April 2008, 09:14
not good you cant get long today ,
catch up later m8
hope some more great days before winter

Oh well shit happens, I get days of in the middle of the week so sometimes stuffs up the weekends for me. :(

SDU
20th April 2008, 15:09
Oh well shit happens, I get days of in the middle of the week so sometimes stuffs up the weekends for me. :(

Know how ya feel m8- nice day for a ride but all I'll be doing is ride back to work for my second shift of the day:blank:

dangerous
20th April 2008, 17:46
Proberly a good thing i didnt come people, lost the gear box on the Guzzi this arvo... would a been a long walk back from the direction ya's went in.

T.W.R
20th April 2008, 17:58
Yeah that be great if we can get a couple of rides in before winter sets in.
By the looks of out side you're going to have a fantastic day. :Punk:

If we get a few more days like today we're going to be spoilt :niceone: she was a beauty :eek:

Proberly a good thing i didnt come people, lost the gear box on the Guzzi this arvo... would a been a long walk back from the direction ya's went in.

:gob:WTF!!!! Bugger mate that doesn't sound good!! lol there would have been a few spare pillion perches to sort you out if you'd come :bleh:

I'll get me head around what went on a post up later :msn-wink: the worms are biting at the moment so going get stuck into a feed :rolleyes:

laRIKin
20th April 2008, 18:17

Probably the pawn spring they are cheap and easy to replace though the left side of the gear box behind the starter.
They have been known to break from time to time.
Do a search on the V11 site.

Good ride today and nice weather.
Good to catch up witha few old and new facer's.

homer
20th April 2008, 18:28
yes really really good
thanks for those who all went
hope i didnt hold yas up to much .
i know i had a bus up me arse at one stage lol

T.W.R
20th April 2008, 19:26

:slap: I'd reword that if I was you !

Well it was a bit cool heading into town to PMH was the makings of a great day :sunny:

A wee waltz upto Hororata picking up a couple of strays along the way and a inadvertent hop across a couple of kms of shingle to liven things up a bit :rolleyes: (can't have these dirt division people having all the fun).

Had a wee strop on Lemans' 955 (was warned of a 100km limiter so thought better of disappearing :brick:)
The mandatory pie & liquids were consumed at the Horo where the rest of the dirty bunch joined the fray :chase: and then off upto Coleridge for a bit of R & R and some woffling

Skyryder started showing signs of withdrawal after we spied half a dozen Salmon in the tailrace of the powerstation. The dirty bunch took off to play alpine adventurers and Us roadies took off for Oxford, a quick pit-stop at Glentunnel for fuel

Passed a weird looking accident just by the Darfield turn-off :scratch: cars & pushbikes on a straight road.

skip down through the Waimak gorge and towards Oxford where a certain Bus decided to clear it's throat :lol: got a wee shock it did when it saw a black thing it it's mirrors :blip:

A quick refresher at Oxford where one or two took the alternate route down Tram Rd and the remaining few ventured up around Ashley gorge and on to Rangiora.

Great day out, Great ride :jerry:

Cheers to All that ventured forth :niceone:

Skyryder
20th April 2008, 19:49
Skyryder started showing signs of withdrawal after we spied half a dozen Salmon in the tailrace of the powerstation.

Yep fun day for all.

Salmon. One was a decent sorta size too.

That white heron look good. First time I've seen one of them. After I came back from the bridge the bird was back in the same spot. I'm picking he's after small fish that have been caught in the intake and get swept down and through the turbines. Where there's a bird feeding there will be fish. Piity it's out of bounds for fishing. Might head up that way for a winter fish sometime.

Skyryder

timg
20th April 2008, 21:07
The dirty bunch took off to play alpine adventurers
Yes, an awesome day for a ride. Nice job T.W.R. :clap: We didn't find that track around to the Harper tho. Must have a look on a topo map and see where it is. Still it was fun looking and a good ride and great company. Helenoftroy & Nigelp went home via the Lake Lyndon Road. Hope HOT didn't get you lost Nigel! :dodge:

T.W.R
20th April 2008, 21:30
Yep fun day for all.

Salmon. One was a decent sorta size too.
Might head up that way for a winter fish sometime.

Skyryder

BTW :spanking: North Canterbury Fish & Game frown on fishing in the tail races of powerstations.
Yeah that Hen & Jack were a good pair the Hen would have been a beauty down river when she was fresh.

Lake Salfe is the place to target for winter fishing :niceone: 'R' strain trout :blip:

Yes, an awesome day for a ride. Nice job T.W.R. :clap: We didn't find that track around to the Harper tho. Must have a look on a topo map and see where it is. Still it was fun looking and a good ride and great company. Helenoftroy & Nigelp went home via the Lake Lyndon Road. Hope HOT didn't get you lost Nigel! :dodge:

Glad you had a good one :yes:

The track is there, probably could find it again in the Cruiser or just make a new one :rolleyes:

:lol: HOT has directional issues, a certain Busa made aims at heading around the Lyndon Rd too on the way out :crazy:

timg
20th April 2008, 21:42
a certain Busa made aims at heading around the Lyndon Rd too on the way out :crazy: Hmmmmm Busa, shingle and a road well known for big deep corrugations - could have been fun to watch trying to get 198hp down... :jerry:

helenoftroy
21st April 2008, 00:15

Oh dear !!sounds painfull-now wot could we :doctor:do for that problem:blip:

But yeah hes either right on ya tail,or its :bye:see ya later Busa

helenoftroy
21st April 2008, 00:35

It was a great day and I enjoyed a wee blat on the DR.

Thank you T.W.R and yes please to more rides.Great thing bout bikes,you can ride on your own,which is fine but its nice to have company too:hug:

Nigel and I rode thru snow on the Lake Lyndon Rd.Pristine snow right to the roadside on a sparkling autumm day - awesome:2thumbsup

And I did not lead Nigel astray:lol:I followed him

I was tucked in behind when he almost passed a :Police: at a brisk rate of knots(gravel munchers can move!!).Spotted in time and all fine:whistle:

Rashika
21st April 2008, 07:07
Sounds like it would have been a great ride folks... the day sure was a beaut!
I was feeling a bit shattered after racing (fell asleep on the couch in the arvo), I think the migraine might have had something to do with the feeling shattered part, next time! :2thumbsup

tupelo
19th September 2009, 19:31
Does anyone ever come on these rides on a Learners? I am keen to go riding with others but might have to wait until I get rid of the L Plate. What do others think?

Mully Clown
19th September 2009, 22:53
Does anyone ever come on these rides on a Learners? I am keen to go riding with others but might have to wait until I get rid of the L Plate. What do others think?

Nothing wrong with turning up on a learners. But just remember that this thread is from last year some time... sure there's another a ride happening tomorrow though.

T.W.R
20th September 2009, 07:40

Welcome to the site firstly.

As MC has pointed out this ride thread is almost 18mths old but this & rides like it were/are put together to cater for all degrees of capability and bikes of all sizes to venture around the district without any pressure associated with longer jaunts further away from town.

There's also mid week rides due to resume shortly see here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=106734)
which cater specifically to get less experienced riders amongst it all and meet like minded others and learn from the more experienced if they desire.