PDA

View Full Version : Where to from here?

PirateJafa
14th April 2008, 15:24
Well guys, insurance has accepted my claim - thank god! Assessor is coming around tomorrow, and if the blighter tries to screw me I'll break HIS damn elbow. (So Steven/Andrew, you'd best be damn quick about this horn! :P)

But now the question is where do I go from here?

I'm going to add some to my insurance payout, so I'm working with about 5k for a bike + helmet.

Must be something faired.

Was looking at CBRs and ZXRs - apparently the CBRs are a bitch to work on? Plus Squiggles will break my kneecaps if I buy a Honda. :dodge:

What's the options?

klyong82
14th April 2008, 15:29
Well guys, insurance has accepted my claim - thank god! Assessor is coming around tomorrow, and if the blighter tries to screw me I'll break HIS damn elbow. (So Steven/Andrew, you'd best be damn quick about this horn! :P)

But now the question is where do I go from here?

I'm going to add some to my insurance payout, so I'm working with about 5k for a bike + helmet.

Must be something faired.

Was looking at CBRs and ZXRs - apparently the CBRs are a bitch to work on? Plus Squiggles will break my kneecaps if I buy a Honda. :dodge:

What's the options?

Yeah get a CBR250RR.....who say they are hard to work on? Are you comparing it to a naked bike? You could try a VTR250 or CB250...both are good reliable bikes. Dont worry about Squiggles he aint gonna do anything to you... but a 2004 gsx250 would be good at that price too....plenty of choices. Give us a ring so that we can go thrash the bike together....I mean look at the bike...

Macstar
14th April 2008, 19:50
With the position/angle your elbow is set in (and for the next 12 months), you'll need a Harley Davidson with Ape hanger bars:

PirateJafa
15th April 2008, 14:44
Haha thanks Isaac :bash:

You could try a VTR250 or CB250...both are good reliable bikes.

But they are naked! :(

a 2004 gsx250 would be good at that price too....plenty of choices. Give us a ring so that we can go thrash the bike together....I mean look at the bike...

Sounds like a plan. Plenty of time to peruse TardMe yet!

motorbyclist
15th April 2008, 18:12
cbr and zxr are both very good machines, for your riding don't bother with a weak gsx or other inline twin... dunno about the hyosung but the one i rode seemed pretty gutless compared to a vtr and your old bandit

vtr is good but naked.... maybe fit some fairings from another bike for a custom job:D

wouldn't trust an fzr and can tell you right now not to buy a gsxr.

just out of interest, why the switch to fairings and why the naked bike to start with? obvious reasons welcome i'm just curious as to your thoughts

With the position/angle your elbow is set in (and for the next 12 months), you'll need a Harley Davidson with Ape hanger bars:

:killingme:

not sure what's worse, the apehangers or the exhaust pipes

Squiggles
15th April 2008, 18:21
Get a honda and i break your other arm :baby:

motorbyclist
15th April 2008, 18:30
get a suzuki and i won't break your arms, you'll be suffering enough already:bleh:

klyong82
15th April 2008, 19:20
Get a suzuki and you cant ride with us the Honda cool guys.....and gals......:shutup:

Hanne
15th April 2008, 20:46
Get a suzuki and you cant ride with us the Honda cool guys.....and gals......:shutup:

Honda gals? Not in this club!

PirateJafa
15th April 2008, 20:54
just out of interest, why the switch to fairings and why the naked bike to start with? obvious reasons welcome i'm just curious as to your thoughts Naked bikes are better for the daily commute. Or at least the somewhat aggressive communtering that I tend to do.

But I didn't realise at first how much weekend riding I'd be doing though - and how much nicer that is on a faired bike!

Also, a change is always nice :)

Hanne
15th April 2008, 20:56
Plus he saw my zzr and thought she was the coolest bike ever and just had to have fairings to match, right?:love:

klyong82
15th April 2008, 21:07
Honda gals? Not in this club!

You know well enough that in my eyes you will always be MY Honda girl. :devil2:

2wheeljunkie
21st April 2008, 20:17
You know well enough that in my eyes you will always be MY Honda girl. :devil2:

place nice kim...:Playnice:..this is a PG forum now..:lol:

klyong82
21st April 2008, 21:26
place nice kim...:Playnice:..this is a PG forum now..:lol:

You have no idea what I am capable of.....:eek: :devil2: