PDA

View Full Version : Supermoto Pitbike?

Caladbolg
14th April 2008, 17:06
So i'm getting a pit bike in the next couple of weeks and i was wondering if anybody has put scooter tyres on their pitbike? Ive been looking and have found suitable sizes for the rear wheel but im struggling in location something skinny to go on the front or would it be fine to have to tyres of similar width on?

daytona 2
14th April 2008, 18:12
as far as i know this page is for POCKET BIKES :mad: lol

Coyote
14th April 2008, 18:24
Get another rear wheel or something wider to replace the front. Like a bigger motard :D

Have seen a thumpstar motard before, I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find wheels. Find out if midimoto wheels would fit. Not sure how big they are but I know they are bigger than minimoto ones.

Would be cool to see a race class of mini motards. I'd join in.

Gadgit
14th April 2008, 18:51
There used to be a big crowd of guys racing minimotards they were using a cut slick you can get chineese ones and good quality euro tyres.... I would start with dirt works in auckland they are the polini dealers and can get a hold of the gear you need.

NordieBoy
14th April 2008, 19:31
Like this?

Aero165
16th April 2008, 14:35
There are like 2 sets currently for sale at www.ebay.com.au. I'm looking at getting some motard wheels shipped over from Aus for a KTM 525 and it'll only cost $250au.

Hope this helps

SHELRACING
28th April 2008, 17:54
Caladbolg

Did you find any tyres?? Your local bike shop should be able to get 10 or 12 inch tyres for ya, made by Pirelli but under a different name, can't recall the name. I used to race on them at Mt Welly kart track and they're pretty good. Don't try fitting them yourself tho it's a c#%t of a job.

If you get your bike sorted bring it down to Mt Welly and have a blat round the track. Contact us if you want more info.

Cheers Steve

So i'm getting a pit bike in the next couple of weeks and i was wondering if anybody has put scooter tyres on their pitbike? Ive been looking and have found suitable sizes for the rear wheel but im struggling in location something skinny to go on the front or would it be fine to have to tyres of similar width on?

skidMark
28th April 2008, 18:40
You mean like my old one?

Yes it's a turbo... :shifty:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27566&d=1141644428

skidMark
28th April 2008, 18:44
Caladbolg

Did you find any tyres?? Your local bike shop should be able to get 10 or 12 inch tyres for ya, made by Pirelli but under a different name, can't recall the name. I used to race on them at Mt Welly kart track and they're pretty good. Don't try fitting them yourself tho it's a c#%t of a job.

If you get your bike sorted bring it down to Mt Welly and have a blat round the track. Contact us if you want more info.

Cheers Steve

Hes in christchurch steve lol

Whens next meet mate be good to catch up with you and grandma before i move away to christchurch... :cold:

PRYDEE
29th April 2008, 10:30
You need to talk to Jason at Reaper Pitbikes.He can supply almost anything in the lines of pittys.Go to the following link

www.dealer@reaperdigital.com